Among the wide range of copper-containing drugs, there are those that are particularly popular with gardeners. One of the most reliable, proven means - Oxy. It is preferred for its ease of use and effectiveness in protecting plants from diseases.
That is a drug, and how it acts on plants, we will tell in our article.
Oxy - chemical plant protection from common fungal diseases:
- Late blight on tomatoes and potatoes,
- Peronosporosis on cucumbers,
- Mildew on grapes
- Scabs on apples and pears and many others.
Composition, purpose, method of influence on pathogens
The basis of the drug are two active ingredients:
- Copper Oxide (HOM) - contact fungicide, against fungal pathogens harmful to plants.
- Oxadixyl - chemical compound, systemic effects.
Most effective against lower fungi, Oomyceta class. For example, it includes Phytophthora infestans, a microorganism that causes late blight.
Fungicide has a complex effect.:
So, HOM holds foreign defense.
- Due to the dual effect, the fungicide has a preventive and therapeutic effect at all stages of the vegetative growth of plants in open ground and in greenhouse conditions.
- The speed of exposure - 3 days.
- The duration of the protective effect is 10-14 days.
- Effective elimination of late blight and perinospora.
- Can serve as a replaceable drug for other agents that cause resistance.
Release Types and Shelf Life
The preparative form of the fungicide is a white powder, packaged in sealed bags of different weights. Most often on sale there are packs of 10 g, 20 g, 40 g.
Some manufacturers produce a means in the form of tablets.
Gardeners can choose the desired volume, based on the size of the plot, which is planned to be processed.
Shelf life - 36 months from the production date printed on the package.
If Oksihom failed to purchase, experts advise to replace it with other copper-containing drugs. These include:
- HOM - copper oxychloride is a partial replacement for this fungicide, because it acts only by contact. The greatest efficiency is manifested in prophylactic treatments and at the initial stage of the disease (see → HOM: use in the garden, consumption rate, reviews)
- "Byleton" has common spheres of influence, for example, it effectively fights late blight, scab, peronosporoz, mildew grapes. Can serve as a replaceable drug to prevent resistance.
- "Barrier" - biofungicide for prophylactic plant protection against late blight, scab, peronosporoza, etc. It differs from “Oksikh” with limited periods of use and helplessness before severe infection.
- "Albite" - biological remedy and plant growth regulator. It has a protective and anti-stress effect. It works only as a preventive fungicide or in case of a weak infection (see → Albit: use, consumption rate, reviews)
- "Alirin - B" - biological preparation based on live microculture - hay bacillus. It is used not only to combat diseases, but also to heal the soil from infection (see → when to treat Alirin B, application, reviews).
Compatibility with other means of protection
One of the drawbacks of the drug - low compatibility with other substances. Guaranteed to select compounds that do not enter into a chemical reaction with Oxy, can only be specialists.
In the backyard, without special knowledge and skills with Oxy, it is better not to experiment in tank mixes, and apply it separately from all other pesticides and fertilizers.
The compatibility limit is due to the dual composition of the drug. Substances combined with copper oxychloride may conflict with oxadixyl and vice versa.
V. A. Berestetsky- Candidate of Biological Sciences
Senior Researcher, VRNII Plant Protection Sakt - Petersburg.
- Spring processing garden crops begin after the seedlings planted in open ground or seedlings fully rooted.
Tip # 1.It is possible to determine the full survival rate by the growth of three or four young sheets that appeared after transplantation.
- Spraying fruit trees from scab and grapes from mildew, carried out after the blooming of the leaves, when the first signs of disease appear.
- The drug can not be used during flowering. This applies to all plants, without exception. The ban is associated with the danger of "oxyh" for bees that pollinate flowering crops.
- Favorable time of day - morning, after evaporation of dew, or evening at sunset. It is extremely undesirable to carry out the treatment at hot noon, otherwise the preparation may cause burns.
- Maximum number of sprays - 3 times for vegetable crops and berry bushes, and not more than four times for fruit trees.
- Breaks between reapplies drug - 10 - 12 days.
- The work is carried out taking into account the meteorological forecast. There should be no precipitation a day before the treatment and a day after it. The same recommendation applies to watering.
- Spraying the plants, you need to follow to the solution got as little as possible on the ground. If the liquid spilled on the ground, then you need to make a complete replacement of the soil in this place. The damaged soil is dug out and a fresh fertile layer is placed instead.
- The drug is extremely dangerous for fish. Spraying the fungicide is prohibited within a radius of 150 m from water bodies.
- The fungicide is prepared for use. individually for each type of crop. The concentration and consumption of the drug depends on the disease against which the drug acts and the characteristics of the plant.
Protection of tomatoes and cucumbers in the greenhouse
- A tomato from late blight, macrosporosis, black bacterial spot,
- Cucumbers from peronosporoza
carried out using a working solution (PP) prepared from 15 g of the drug in 10 liters of water.
PP consumption in greenhouse conditions - 2 liters per 10 m 2 of green mass.
The drug makes sense to use for prevention and at the first symptoms of the disease.Under greenhouse conditions, the probability of peronospora increases by several times as compared with open ground. Preventive spraying of the disease is best done without waiting for the onset of symptoms.
How to use a fungicide to combat mildew grapes
- Defensive activities begin after blooming leaves, but before flowering. The next two plan after flowering during the formation of fruits and at the beginning of ripening, when the clusters begin to change color.
- Recommended working solution concentration - 15 - 20 g of powder per 10 liters of water.
- Consumption rate working fluid - 1.5 liters per 10 m 2 kroon grapes.
- Waiting time - 21 day.
Oxy against apple scab and pear
- The treatment is carried out after the blooming of the leaves, at the first symptoms of the disease.
Important!To detect signs of the initial stage of infection, you need to carefully examine the leaves. The disease begins on the underside of the plates. Hardly spotted or bloom, you need to immediately spray. Infection develops very rapidly and quickly penetrates the plant. The earlier treatment is started, the more effective the result will be.
The probability of infection with apple or pear scab is significantly reduced after prophylactic treatment with Oxyhom.
- Use a solution of the same saturation as for the treatment of grapes from mildew - 20 g per 10 l.
- The rate of consumption of the working fluid also coincides with the recommendations for grapes.
- The number of sprays depends on the sort of apple or pear. Early ripening trees manage to process 3 times, late varieties - 4 times. In any case, it is important to remember that the waiting period for all is 21 days.
Category: Questions and Answers
Question number 1. Can "oxy" accumulate in the fruit?
Answer. If you comply with all dosages, rates and terms of treatment, then the drug will not cause harm. The drug does not accumulate, but may be on the shell of the fruit. This happens if you exceed the recommended concentration during spraying, and also to eat, not having sustained the waiting period. In this case, copper oxychloride, which is present on the surface of the peel, is dangerous. Upon the expiration of the waiting period, the compound decomposes in air and evaporates. After that, it is not dangerous. In any case, if the plants were treated with Oxy, the fruit should be thoroughly washed before eating.
Question number 2. What insecticides are compatible with tank mixes?
Answer. It is better to refrain from mixing with any other drugs and apply "Oxy" separately from others. This means that another means of protection can be applied only after a few days. If there is no other way out, then first the compatibility needs to be checked, having previously dissolved the test substances in small quantities in a separate container, then mixed in a common container. Most likely, there will be a precipitate or flakes, which means that the drugs can not be brought together. If, nevertheless, the connection was successful, then you should not hurry with the treatment, it is better to keep the mixture for 2 hours. Sometimes the reaction is slow and it takes time to ensure full compatibility.
Experienced gardeners reviews
- Ivan Petrovich (Red, Smolensk region)
"Oksikom" apply to the processing of grapes from mildew. I noticed that other diseases affect the bushes much less.
- Serafima Efimovna (Vilna, Belarus)
That year in a row I spray tomatoes from phytophors with Oxyhom. Not yet let down once. Damaged fruits are sometimes found, but they are few. In general, the harvest is generous and healthy.
Description of the drug and composition
The preparation for the treatment of plants with Oxyhom has a powdery structure, uniform white color. The substance is well soluble in water, it is used for leaf treatments of plants by spraying. Oxyhom is a two-component preparation based on copper oxychloride (content - 670 g / kg) and oxadixyl (content - 130 g / kg).
The active substances of Oxychoma are distinguished by the mechanism of action on the pathogenic flora. Chloroxide copper provides contact action, quickly penetrating into the spore of the fungus and destroying it within the first hours after treatment. The period of contact action of the fungicide is 3 days.
Oxadixyl is distinguished by its systemic, more prolonged action. This substance is quickly absorbed by the green leaves of the crops and, moving along the plant along with the juice, gradually penetrates into the spores of the fungi, completely destroying them. The period of systemic action of the drug is 14 days.
The two-component composition of Oxyhoma provides a special efficacy of the drug. Oxadixil enhances the fungicidal action of copper oxychloride, inhibiting the development of fungi in untreated areas.
Note! Manufacturers prohibit combining Oxyx with other pesticides, as well as add to tank mixes with fertilizers!
Complete analogs of Oxyhoma do not exist. Only a number of oxadixyl-based drugs can be distinguished, but the second component will always be different. These include:
Impact on pathogenic flora
It is most effective with Oxych against the parasitic fungi of the Oomycete class. In agriculture, the drug is approved for the prevention and eradication of:
- late blight and Alternaria at root vegetables,
- peronosporozy in open ground cucumbers, tobacco, onions,
- mildew and grapevine anthracnose,
- beet chill,
- scab, spotting, moniliosis of apple and pear trees,
- Clusterosporia, blotch, curly, moncliosis in apricots, peach trees, sweet cherries, plums, cherries.
Note! The last treatment with Oxyhom should be done no later than 20 days before harvesting.
Preparation and consumption of the solution
According to the instructions, the fungicide Oxy is diluted in the following ratio:
Spraying is performed with a fine spray for uniform application of the composition. During the work with fungicide it is necessary to avoid running off of working solution to the soil. The first spraying is carried out as a preventive measure. Further processing is performed at intervals of 14 days. For garden and vegetable crops you will need 3 sprays of a fungicide. The exception will be grapes, which must be processed up to 4 times during the growing season.
Note! Oxyh is not used during the flowering of garden plants.
The number of 10 l of the working solution is designed for 100 m² of unprotected soil planting.
- For tomatoes and cucumbers in greenhouse conditions, the rate should be reduced to 2 l / 10 m².
- Vineyards are treated at the rate of 1.5 l / 10 m².
The treatment is carried out on cloudy days or in cool hours in the morning and in the evening. Given that Oxyx is a weak adhesive, it is necessary to choose clear days for spraying. The use of Oxyhoma will be justified if precipitation does not follow 2 to 4 days after treatment.
We recommend reading:
Means Oksihom refers to toxic drugs that pose a threat to human health and warm-blooded animals, fish and bees. Not dangerous for birds. When working with this drug, you must comply with all necessary safety measures: wear waterproof protective clothing and gloves, protect your eyes with special glasses, and the respiratory tract - with a respirator.
Note! Spraying with Oxyhom should be carried out in calm weather to prevent the solution from entering neighboring areas.
After processing planting work clothes must be removed and rinsed. Be sure to rinse open skin - hands and face. Food spraying and smoking are excluded during spraying to prevent toxic substances from entering the esophagus. It is forbidden to dispose of the drug by draining into sewer systems and reservoirs, as well as discharging into trash cans. Store the drug separately from food, away from children and animals, in a specially designated room.
Reviews on the use of Oxyhoma
I am a summer resident with thirty years of experience, I have been using Oxyhom since time immemorial, I use against late blight on tomatoes, potatoes and carrots. Some ten years ago, I read about the dangers of pesticides and tried folk methods, eventually ruining my crops. I will not change the tested drug anymore. I spray Oxyhom for prophylaxis and treat the plants, if ill, according to the instructions. Be sure to use protective clothing. I alternate Oksikh with dressings, but I never mix them. Good tool, very effective.
And I could not eradicate the mildew of the vine. On the Internet, they write a lot about this, I wrote out the preparations recommended in the articles for myself, and it turned out that it was impossible to buy them. Specialty stores often do not shine with an assortment of pesticides. But Oksihom was available, and at a price acceptable. I read about him. Yes, it is not safe, however, like all fungicides, but it is time tested. Now it's nice to look at my grapes. I recommend Oksikh for grapes to everyone, but do not forget about the precautions when working with them.
Oxyfy: composition, release form
The components of Oxyhoma (oxadixyl and copper oxychloride) have a negative impact on all forms of pathogens of dangerous fungal diseases. Means represents the flavourless white, fine-grained powder intended for superficial processings. In stores, the drug (90% concentration) is sold in packs of 5 kilograms and in bags of 10, 20, 30 and 40 grams.
Oxy shows the same high efficiency in greenhouses and in the open field, as it works due to two striking mechanisms - instantaneous and prolonged:
- oxychloride copper immediately acts on the adult fungus contact,
- Oxadixyl is absorbed and penetrates into the plant's internal tissues, spreads by saparisation, gradually destroys spores even on growing shoots.
The drug is allowed to use in the growing season a tomato. However, it should follow a clear rule - the time after the last spraying before harvesting should be at least 4 days in the protected ground and 20 days in the open.
The tool is absorbed by the plant immediately after treatment, it is often recommended for use in prolonged rainy periods. Do not believe such tips, Oxyx has a weak stickiness, spraying should be done 3–4 days before precipitation.
To fully cure a severely affected mycelium, a tomato will require 3 treatments. In critical cases, a fourth spraying session can be performed. But ripe tomatoes in the early stages (up to 20 days of waiting) in no case can not eat, make them blanks. It is better to sacrifice a small part of the tomatoes, cure the bushes, so as not to lose the crop at all.
What diseases of tomato use Oxy
Oxyh eradicates quite complex diseases of garden plants. In the case of tomatoes, it is macrosporosis, black bacterial spotting and phytophthora. Active substances can destroy the fungus at all stages of its development. The first results are visible within a few hours after spraying.The period of active action of Oxyhoma lasts 3 days, and the total protection lasts up to two weeks.
The advantages and disadvantages of Oxyhoma
There are no serious drawbacks besides human toxicity. Oxyh is not suitable for the preparation of tank mixes, it is incompatible with other drugs, especially with alkaline. But this factor cannot be attributed to shortcomings, since Oxyg is rather effective as an independent means, auxiliary impurities are not needed.
What are the positive qualities of the drug gardeners and gardeners emit:
- high efficiency in the fight against fungal diseases,
- therapeutic and prolonged protective action
- quick result (after 2-3 hours).
There is one more plus - Oxyg is suitable for anti-resistant programs. This alternation of drugs for the prevention of the resistance of fungi to the components of various means.
Instructions for use Oxyhoma
For an Oxyhom uniform coating of tomato bushes, spraying is carried out with a fine spray, it is necessary to avoid spilling the solution into the soil. The first (prophylactic) treatment is carried out immediately after the rooting of the seedlings - 2 weeks after planting. The next 2 sessions are repeated every 14 days.
The manufacturer does not recommend the use of the drug during the mass flowering of horticultural crops, so as not to harm the beneficial insects.
Processing should be carried out in cloudy weather or in a cool time of the day (morning or evening). A solution for tomatoes grown in open and closed ground is prepared from 20–35 grams of Oxychom per 10 liters of water. In greenhouses, 2 liters of the finished product is enough for spraying 10 square meters of plantings, in unprotected soil, 10 liters of the mixture are used for weaving. The solution is used immediately after preparation, it can not be stored.
If prophylactic treatment of tomatoes with Oxyhom was not carried out, the first spraying is carried out at the first signs of the appearance of diseases. Before the procedure, ripe and brown tomatoes should be cut off, let them ripen at home.
Hogs are stored in a cool, dark place that children and pets will not reach, away from food and household chemicals. An open pack tightly sealed with office clips or clothespins, placed in an additional box or bag. Watch out for the expiration date, without pity, destroy expired means, do not use it.
Tips and tricks
When working with chemicals you need to strictly follow all points of the instructions on the package. Thus, serious problems can be avoided. Let's add some more tips to the main list:
- There is no single recipe for preparing a solution for all cultures. For the treatment and prevention of tomato diseases, no more than 35 grams of Oxyhoma is poured into 10 liters of water,
- To prepare the mixture, take water at room temperature. The powder dissolves well, but before applying the liquid it must be very thoroughly mixed,
- do not fall for the tricks of dishonest sellers - there are no complete analogs of Oxyhoma, in all other preparations based on oxadixyl the second component is always different,
- Do not treat with Oxyhom and feed the tomatoes in one day, it can lead to disastrous consequences. Between the procedures adhere to the interval of 3-5 days.
Oxyx is unsafe, like most other pesticides, but its effect has been tested by many gardeners and gardeners. Not for nothing that it is described in every second recommendation for the treatment of fungal diseases. Oxyh sell in hardware or specialty stores, it is not uncommon. Use the tool wisely, provide tomatoes with strong immunity to various ailments.
Tatyana. Phytophthora on tomatoes appears every year, than I just did not process the beds, while the drug will work, a significant part of the crop is already lost. 2 years ago I was advised to buy Oksikh and start processing tomato bushes 15 days after planting, then 2 more times with the same interval. Though I didn’t believe in a good result, now I don’t even remember about blight!
Alexey. I could not completely eradicate the black bacterial spot on the tomatoes. Treatments helped to stop the development of the disease, but the following year, at a new place, the tomatoes again hurt. For a long time I used only biological preparations and folk recipes, avoided chemistry, for good reason, only Oxyh helped to completely get rid of the problem. If the insecticide is used correctly, it will not do much harm to people or the environment.
The number of processing times and consumption rates
Oxyhom is a preparation for processing plants: tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, beets, onions, fruit trees, grapes, and potted crops. In order to prevent and treat diseases, spraying is carried out:
- Potatoes and tomatoes are effective in the fight against late blight and macrosporosis. The first time is sprayed until the rows are closed, spending 30-35 g per 10 liters of water, and the potato will need 4, and 3 such treatments will be enough for tomatoes.
- Beetroot - 32-40 g per 10 l of water are used for protection against cecrosporosis;
- Cucumbers - used for the prevention and treatment of perinospora, anthracnose, bacteriosis. The number of treatments - 3, the consumption rate - 30 g per 10 liters,
- Onions - sprayed three times, spend 24-30 g per 10 liters of water with the disease peronosporozy (downy mildew).
- Fruit trees are effective in diseases such as scab, spotting, moniliosis, and curly. Begin to process before flowering, after flowering sprayed 3 more times. Consumption - 40-80 g per 10 liters.
- grapes - when shoots grow 20-30 cm, they are sprayed for the first time, for which 60 grams of the fungicide is dissolved in 10 liters of water. The term of the second treatment depends on the climatic conditions and the degree of development of the disease. It protects and treats mildew and anthracnose.
"Oxy" refers to class I toxicity. It is dangerous to human health, therefore, when handling plants, it is necessary to strictly observe safety measures: to protect the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. During work, it is forbidden to drink, smoke, eat.
At the end of the spraying procedure, you must change your shoes and clothes, wash your face and hands thoroughly with soap and rinse your mouth. The working solution should be fully used - the remnants are not subject to storage, and also their drain into the sewage system, soil, water bodies is prohibited.
In case of accidental contact with the original preparation on the soil, the place should be covered with sand, removed with a spade of 10 cm of the soil layer and neutralized.
After use, the packaging should be destroyed. Store fungicide in the cool, ventilated, non-residential premises out of the reach of children.
The preparation for the treatment of plants "Oksihom" used by many gardeners. Someone has been using it for many years, and some have discovered it for the first time. Amateurs and gardening professionals leave a lot of feedback on fungicide from personal experience. Those who are not familiar with the drug will be interested to learn about the following properties they mention:
- ease of use
- wide range of action
- long protection time
- universality - suitable for both prevention and treatment of plants.
Judging by the reviews of gardeners, "Oxyh" should be used to protect plants from various diseases, following the instructions and observing the precautions when working with the drug. Many gardeners are sure that “Oksikh” is a guarantee of a good harvest.
"Oxy": characteristics and composition
The predominant components of the drug are copper oxychloride and oxadixyl. It is easy to use, as it has a powdery structure and is easily soluble in water.
"Oxychrome" is used as a preparation for treating plants for diseases such as late blight, macrosporosis, and peronosporiosis.
They are treated with such cultures:
Also performed well in the treatment of grapes. The drug is also used during preventive measures in the fight against oomycete fungi. The result can be seen in a few hours, and it will continue for a long time.
Did you know?It has been scientifically proven that substances that cause the taste, smell of onions and tears from its processing can fight cancer cells.
The scope of the drug
"Oxych" belongs to the category of contact-systemic fungicides and is used in the external processing of leaves and stems. At the same time, the active substances cope with the external protection of the plant surface and with the internal influence on it. The latter circumstance increases the effectiveness of the drug, which does not depend on weather conditions and protects new shoots that appear after the direct effect of the agent on the plant. Fungicide "Oxy" eliminates pests at any stage of development, as indicated in the instructions. It can be used in protected soil, and in their own gardens and gardens.
Its key components operate in two directions:
- Inhibit the activity of the main components of the cells of harmful fungi.
- Reduce the rate of RNA synthesis in the cells of pathogens that are in the untreated areas of vegetables. This is due to the ability of the drug to be transported with the juice culture.
Did you know?Sometimes it seems to us that we know almost everything about the world around us, but there are facts that still surprise us. For example, strawberries are not a berry, but a nut, but pumpkin, melon and watermelon are berries.
Instructions for use of the fungicide "oxy"
Before using the drug, it is important to familiarize yourself with the leaflet, which describes in detail the dosage for each plant, the disease and the processing time. Fungicide "Oxy" in the instructions for use contains the following main points:
- It is necessary to prepare the solution before the spraying procedure. In 10 liters of water pour 20-30 g of powder.
- Depending on the stage of infection, treatment should be carried out 1-3 times with a two-week interval.
- During the procedure of applying the drug to the plant, it is important to ensure that the solution gets more on the vegetable itself than on the ground.
- Processing time is better in the morning or evening. Weather needs to pick up dry and cool, it is important the absence of wind.
- The drug can only be used with gloves and a respirator.
The fight against disease will be more effective if “Oxy” is used in turn with its counterparts.
Important!Do not process the green components of the plant for food. If you need to use the tool on the berry crops, it should be done before flowering.
The fungicides also include:
This list is often updated. However, only Oxy, the price of which corresponds to efficiency, has a system-contact effect and quickly leads to the expected result. Important!The last use of the product can be carried out 20 calendar days before the harvest and not later. The list of plant diseases is updated every year, so it is important to be aware of new products that help get rid of them. Oxyh has enjoyed a good reputation for a long time. The quality of its use will depend on compliance with the instructions for use.
The fungicides also include:
Oxy used to combat diseases caused by oomycetes subclass of fungi. It has contact and system activity. It has a destructive effect on pathogens in all stages. Provides long-term therapeutic and prophylactic effect. Approved for use in greenhouses and in personal household farms. It has a preventive, healing and eradicating contact-systemic action. Chloroxide copper inhibits the enzymes and vital components of phytopathogenic fungal cells. Oxadixyl quickly penetrates the leaves, is transferred from the plant sap to their unprocessed parts, and inhibits RNA synthesis in pathogen cells.
Mode of application:
Open the bag, dissolve 20 g of the drug in 10 liters of water and spray in dry, calm weather when signs of disease appear at intervals of 10-14 days. The number of treatments: grapes - 4, other cultures - 3.
Consumption of working solution
Last processing before harvesting