Almost everyone is familiar with the situation when a mouse begins to cross in the attic or in the basement. Despite the fact that it is a pest, many people feel some pity for tiny creatures and do not want to kill them or hurt them. Of course, if we are talking about attacking a whole flock on a barn with food, then there is no place for compassion. But in order to catch a single mouse, a humane mousetrap fits perfectly.
Ways to catch
In fact, quite a lot of them. It is worth going to the next hardware store and you will be offered a choice of several devices with the help of which you can get rid of annoying rodents.
- Zhivolovka - a kind of humane mousetrap, which does not harm the rodent. It can be purchased or made independently. A reasonable question arises, what to do next with the captured creation.
- Special glue for rodents.
- Ready glue traps.
- Poisons Of course, the poison works flawlessly. Another thing is where the rodent will die and how to find its little body, which will not emit the most pleasant smell.
- Cat. Not always a reliable way, because some pets tend to quickly leave the place where they saw the mouse.
Worst glue backing. The rodent will be alive, but its wool and thin skin on the legs tightly adheres to the composition. Therefore, if you are looking for a humane mousetrap, then this is clearly not your option.
Do it yourself
If you are in the country and there is no shop nearby, then you can make a device for catching a rodent almost with your bare hands. A humane mousetrap from a plastic bottle will serve you faithfully. For this fit any bottle of mineral water or juice.
Moreover, you do not need anything else to succeed. Open the lid and gently pour a few spoons of vegetable oil inside. Lay out the bait, which is suitable as roasted seeds. The smell will attract rodents. This is a humane mousetrap, since, apart from mild bewilderment, it will not give the rodents any concern. The bottle is placed under the slope. It is very convenient to fix it with books. You can put a few pieces as steps, on which the mouse will climb into the bottle. The edges must be secured with tape so that the bottle does not tip over. Otherwise the mouse will just run away.
The humane mousetrap of this design is best placed on the steps or on the shelves. In such places, mice are caught very quickly. The mouse climbs into the bottle on the smell of fragrant fillings. And back she does not get out the vegetable oil. With the same purpose, you can use a glass bottle, such as beer.
In this way, it is possible to catch not one, but several rodents at once in one bottle. If you get one mouse, you can release it and return the trap back to its original place.
We catch a mouse in a can
This is another simple mousetrap that you can do with your own hands in minutes. You will need only a liter jar, a coin of 5 kopeks, a small bait and a piece of cardboard. On a flat surface, you need to put the cardboard, the lure on top and the jar turned upside down.
On one side, place a coin under the edge of the jar. Lure choose a little more coin. The mouse will climb inside and drag the lure, thereby sliding the coin. The trap will shut, and you can do whatever you have planned with the mouse.
The disadvantage of this method
We looked at how to catch a mouse in a can. But this method has one drawback. If the rodent decides to eat the treat on the spot, then he can safely leave the trap. Therefore, it can be slightly improved. To do this, it is recommended to attach the bait with adhesive tape at a height of 3 cm from the neck. The rodent rests on the wall of the can to reach it. It is at this moment that the trap closes. In this case, it will certainly remain inside.
Today we are considering the most effective ways to catch a mouse. Not all of them can be considered humane, but then no one has called the rodents into your home. Convenient to catch mice with a plastic bucket. To do this, make holes in containers and insert needles into them. You must first put a plastic bottle on it. It should spin freely and quickly. The bottle should be coated with a beaten egg or porridge. To capacity we bring a plate that will serve as a bridge. When the rodent climbs on the bottle, it starts spinning and it falls into the bucket. It can be filled with water, then you do not have to think what to do with the mouse.
Even a schoolboy can collect it. To do this, glue and cardboard need to build a box with an open top and without one wall. In the side walls make a hole under the pencil. Now we need a bottle with holes. A bait is laid on the bottom, after which the bottle is fixed in the box. When the rodent steals up to the cherished pieces, the bottle is outweighed - and the way out is cut off. Now a small creation entirely in your power.
Tin can trap
You will need a regular can of tomato paste or condensed milk. In any wall of it you need to make a hole the size of a coin. In this case, the teeth should look out. The rodent freely penetrates the jar, but the teeth stop it from getting back. It remains to fill the bait, and the mousetrap is ready. Place such self-made structures around the perimeter of the basement or attic space and do not forget to check them regularly.
All of these methods are good for dealing with isolated members of the rodent family. But what to do if they constantly raid your home? How to get rid of mice in the house forever? Today, your attention is invited to a large number of ultrasonic devices that are very well help in the fight against gray invaders. These devices do not cause them any harm, that is, they can also be attributed to humane methods of rodent control.
The effect is obvious, annoying rodents simply bypass your dwelling. The impact of waves of a certain length causes panic in mice. Sometimes even leads to a loss of orientation in space. As a result, they will rush without a goal and forget about the search for food.
Basic recommendations for selection
Choosing scarer mice, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- High-quality device in a private house has the function "Adjusting the frequency of ultrasound." More advanced models then adjust the ultrasound automatically. This does not allow rodents to get used.
- You should not expect that one device will protect the big house. Sound waves cannot penetrate upholstered furniture and blackout curtains. Therefore, if one device is enough for a small apartment, then at home you will need at least two, and maybe three.
- Be sure to check the technical specifications of the device purchased. Some models have a specific range that ensures their uninterrupted operation. For example, if you decide to place a repeller in a cellar, it may be that it is not suitable for work at low temperatures.
- Do not save on the device. Cheap models may have a limited lifespan. In addition, they may malfunction.
What you need to remember
To prevent rodents from visiting your home, you need not only to invent mousetraps, but also to prevent them from appearing in your home. You can not allow unsanitary conditions in the home. Close the garbage bin and carry out the food waste container in time. Flour, groats and seeds must be stored in special containers with lids. Regularly check the condition of baseboards, floor and doorframes. In time, close up the holes through which mice can enter your home. Monitor the activities of services that deal with garbage collection.
Preventive measures are most important in order to protect housing from uninvited guests. But if they have already appeared on the threshold, then you need to take action. To this end, we today reviewed several options for home-made designs.
Mousetrap do it yourself - make a mousetrap from the bottle
For many of us, mice deliver a lot of inconvenience - like all rodents they are active and spoil much more than they eat. How to deal with mice? Of course make a mousetrap with your own hands. It is clear that many from the times of the USSR still have preserved quite reliable Soviet wooden-wire mousetraps, and they still work reliably.
An important plus of such an independently made mousetrap is that it cannot harm your cat or a small dog living in your apartment or frolicking on the plot - it catches only mice.
And in terms of humanity, it still surpasses many well-known variants of mousetraps - it does not cut, does not cut to pieces, and unlike glue for mice, does not allow them to die for a long time and slowly.
This version of the mouse trap is also good because such a hand-made mousetrap can be used both on the plot and in the garden, and in the apartment or house. In order to make it all the same ubiquitous plastic bottle will be needed.
If this is not, then we take sunflower oil in the amount of about 30-50 ml, fry it in a pan, and add 1 tablespoon for the smell. well-done and pounded sunflower seeds.
This portion can be divided into 1-5 bottles, at the discretion of the gardener. Fill the bottle with a little oil, and with the index finger we oil the neck inside the bottle.
What we need
- plastic bottle with a lid of 1.5-2 liters (preferably square in cross section),
- 2 strong thin sticks of 10-15 cm,
- paper clip,
- 2 gum for money
- strong thread
- bait that can be fixed.
- sharp stationery knife
- a screwdriver, a piece of wire or an awl,
- lighter or candle.
Important!The exact dimensions of the parts for each trap are selected empirically, since plastic flasks differtsya size and configuration.
How to make
The whole process of creating a trap takes place in the following order:
- We cut the capacity around the circumference, in the transverse direction, departing from the neck 1/3 of the height. At the same time, we leave uncut 1/4 of the circumference of the bottle or 1 of 4 walls (a construction similar to a box with a lid should turn out).
- The uncut vessel wall will become the upper part of the trap, opposite to it - the bottom.
- On the walls adjacent to the uncut, in the upper and lower parts of the tank, make a heated awl or wire with 2 holes opposite each other. We insert sticks into them, leaving 1.5-2 cm outside.
- We select the distance between the chopsticks so that the gum for money worn on them works as springs to close and hold the mousetrap cover. Put on the gum sticks on the right and left side.
- In the bottom of the bottle itself, we will weigh out 2 mm.
- Tie the end of the thread firmly to the bottle neck; it will continue to hold the trap in the cocked state. The neck should be closed with a lid.
- Opening the mousetrap, we note the length of the thread, sufficient to keep the lid lifted 90 degrees. We make in this place a non-allowed loop. Excess thread cut off.
- Fold back the long barb of the paper clip, put the bait in the central fold of the clip, fix it securely, bending back the loop from the short mustache.
- We cocked a mousetrap. To do this, open the trap. The clip with the prepared bait is placed inside the mousetrap, and the straightened long barb of the clip is brought out into the hole made in the bottom of the bottle. Put the loop on the tip of the clip. Adjust the mousetrap.
Making a mousetrap in this way will require small joinery work. The trap will securely hold the rodent caught in a humane way. Learn how to deal with snakes, voles, hares, deer, vipers, wasps, ants, bark beetle, weevil, shrew, mice and moles in the dacha.
The type of bait depends on the design of the trap. Most often, use products that can be planted on a hook, but sometimes it is enough to pour bait into a mousetrap. The bait for a rodent can be any product from its diet:
- lard (fresh or salted),
- bread dipped in vegetable oil
- nuts, seeds,
- slice of porridge.