Everyone knows such a useful and beloved vegetable as a tomato (or tomato). On the shelves of shops, we can see tomatoes grown in large agricultural farms, but they are not forgotten about tomatoes in individual household plots and successfully cultivate this crop. Tomatoes are valued for their rich yield, excellent taste and the ability to grow them both under film and in the open field.
The variety of tomatoes "white filling" grows to 40-60 centimeters. Plants of this variety do not need to tie up and pinch. The foliage of saplings is medium dense. The fruits of "white filling" have a rounded flat shape, slightly ribbed, reaching a mass of 130 grams. Red color indicates the maturity of the fetus. "White filling" tomato is resistant to cracking and refers to the early maturity. Ripe fruits are tasty both fresh and canned.
All tomatoes prefer a light, fertile soil. The best place for tomatoes will be the place where carrots, cabbage, onions, or legumes used to grow. The end of March - the beginning of April is the ideal time to sow a “white pouring” tomato on the seedlings, the recommended planting depth is 2-3 centimeters. Seeds are pre-washed with water. When real leaves appear, the seedlings swoop, which allows its roots to strengthen better.
At 60-70 days of growth, seedlings are planted on the site. When using greenhouses or other film covers, transplanting seedlings can be started a fortnight earlier.
Like any living creature, tomatoes need vitamins and minerals, so they should be fed fertilizer 2-3 times during growth. Hardening seedlings spend 7-10 days before planting in the ground. Tomato “white filling 241” provides for planting according to the following pattern: 50x30x40cm. Seven-nine plants are planted on one square meter. It is necessary to water with warm water, and to increase the yield should be left only two stems.
Soil for tomatoes
How to plant seedlings correctly, and what soil is best suited for such tomatoes? Firstly, all tomatoes, including the “white filling” tomato, are sun-loving plants, therefore you should choose for their planting such places that are maximally illuminated by the sun and protected from cold winds. The acidity of the soil should not exceed 6.5 pH. As mentioned above, the best precursors of tomatoes are cucumbers or cabbage, because in the process of their growth they brought into the soil exactly those nutrients that are necessary for the development and growth of tomatoes.
To get a rich harvest of tomatoes "white filling", it is necessary to start preparing the soil from autumn. It is necessary to dig up the beds for tomatoes beforehand and add organic fertilizers - compost or humus. When planting seedlings in spring, do not forget to make mineral fertilizers, such as potassium chloride or superphosphate. In the process of plant growth, the soil around them needs to be loosened, weeded and watered regularly.
Any transplanting of plants in open ground is a big stress for them. They can start to wither, perhaps this happens with those plants that do not get enough sunlight. But this is nothing special. Continue to care for them, as for the rest, and in a couple of weeks they will get a healthy look and will still delight you with a harvest.
"White filling" tomato can be bought in specialized stores, most often the seeds are packaged in 25 bags in each. Most gardeners grow seedlings from seed on their own. This variety of tomatoes refers to the early ripening. Saplings can be transplanted both in the greenhouse and in the open ground. The ripening of fruits from the moment of the appearance of the first leaves occurs by 90-100 days of growth in open ground, and in protected ones - by 80-90 days.
Observe the conditions of planting and care for tomatoes "white filling", and then you will certainly be waiting for a rich harvest of tasty and ripe tomatoes!
The history of tomato selection "White filling"
The variety of tomato “Bely pouring” was bred in Kazakhstan in 1979 and is the result of the painstaking work of plant breeders at an experimental vegetable station under the direction of Professor Edelstein. The name of the famous variety of apples he received for the color of the fruit when ripe - it changes from green to creamy milk, like an apple.
Description of the bush
Bushes of this variety grow low and compact. Under greenhouse conditions, they can be up to 0.7 m high, and do not grow above 0.5 m in open ground. The stem of the plant is strong, and the roots are powerful and can grow up to 50 cm in diameter. The leaves are medium in size, light green, smooth.
Description of the fetus
Ripe fruits of tomato "White filling" can be given a description: bright red, round, smooth, with a thin skin, fleshy and juicy. The average weight is 90–110 g. They withstand transportation and storage well and are resistant to cracking. Tomatoes of this variety ripen almost simultaneously, literally in two weeks.
The described variety is grown mainly for harvesting for the winter, as when canning tomatoes do not crack and keep their shape well. Juice is also made from them - it turns out to be saturated red and thick. The variety has proven itself in the manufacture of ketchup, adjika, tomato paste, as well as when frozen. Use tomatoes of this variety and in fresh form for salads, omelets, hot dishes and vegetable cuts.
Pros and cons varieties
Like any other, the variety of tomato "White filling" received both positive and negative reviews of gardeners and farmers. Thanks to them, such advantages of growing this plant:
- super early maturation
- does not require a garter and pinching,
- ripening uniformity
- resistance to cold
- It is not exacting in leaving and to weather conditions.
Optimum time for sowing
As a rule, in order to get their own seedlings of tomato “Bely filling” for the greenhouse, sowing of seeds is carried out in the third decade of March - the first decade of April. If planting is planned in open ground, then mid-April will do, since the seeds germinate quickly and in one and a half months they will be ready for planting.
Soil and capacity for growing seedlings
For growing your own seedlings in the apartment ground better to use the purchasewhich is already completely ready for use. You can bring the land from the site, mixing it with peat and sand, as tomatoes prefer loose, light soil. It is also useful to process it with boiling water the day before sowing.
You can sow in special containers, plastic containers or in any container unnecessary in the household. Be sure to do at the bottom of the hole for the release of excess water. In the future, seedlings dive, so you need to immediately stock up on plastic, paper or peat cups. It is very convenient to sow in peat tablets - plants can not dive, and planted in the ground with a tablet. You can sow seeds right on the site. For this, it is not necessary to build a greenhouse. From boards with a height of about 50 cm they knock a square or a rectangle, place it on a previously prepared ground and fix it well - on the outside they make something like a land shaft.
The earth steamed with boiling water, allow to cool slightly and sow seeds. Sowing on top is covered with glass and insulated with old jackets, fur coats, etc. In this warm house, spring frosts are not terrible for seeds. When shoots appear, in warm weather, you can remove the shelter for the day, leaving only the glass. But in the evening, be sure to wrap up again.
Seed preparation for sowing
Standard training is soaking seeds in a pink solution of potassium permanganate for about half an hour. Then the seeds are washed in pure water and, if desired, soaked in a growth promoter. You can buy it, and even better to dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water - you get a great natural stimulant. Then the seeds are laid out on paper or newspaper and dried. Now they are ready to go to the ground.
Sowing seeds for seedlings
Prepared seeds lay in the ground at a distance of about 2 cm from each other. It is convenient to carry out sowing with a special hand drill or you can use a toothpick, pre-wetting it in water to pick up the seed. Between the rows retreat by 4 cm.
Sprinkle the crops on top of a loose soil with a layer of no more than 2 cm and gently pour out of the syringe or sprinkle with a spray bottle. Then everything is covered with glass or film so that moisture does not evaporate.
Conditions and care for crops
Optimum temperature for seed germination - +23 ° Ctherefore, it is necessary to prevent a decrease in the temperature in the room, and also make sure that the soil remains wet.
After the sprouts appear, the container is opened and continues to monitor the soil moisture. It is important to prevent water from entering the leaves. Dive is carried out in the presence of two full leaves.
Care for tomato seedlings
Caring for seedlings of this variety does not cause much trouble, and its independent cultivation provides a guarantee of obtaining this particular variety.
Young plants need enough light, but they must be protected from direct sunlight.
You can set the capacity on the windowsill in the room where the sun shines early in the morning or only in the evening. Or you can create a penumbra covering the blinds, as well as with the help of newspapers and pieces of wallpaper. In the evening, a desk lamp or a fluorescent lamp is suitable for additional lighting.
It is necessary to water already dived plants as the soil dries. This is usually three times a week and always at the root. There should be holes in the cups so that the water does not stagnate, since excess moisture causes black leg disease.
The first feeding with a special complex fertilizer is carried out not earlier than later. ten days after diving. Fertilizer should be just for seedlings, as babies can not "digest" adult food. Then - one more feeding two weeks later, and the last - two weeks before the intended landing.
Hardening seedlings can begin immediately after germination - take out to the balcony three days in a row at +15 ° C and leave for 30 minutes, then at +10 ° C. Although most gardeners do it 14 days before planting in open ground. In the evening, pallets and cups shall be carried out to the balcony or to the street, first for one hour, then for two, etc.
After a week, you can make it in the morning and leave it all day, just not in the sun. They also train them to direct sunlight gradually - they start from 30 minutes in partial shade, and every day the duration of sunbathing is increased.
Selecting a landing site: lighting and soil
Tomatoes prefer a slightly acidic, light and moderately nutritious soil. As a rule, it is loamy or sandy soil. Land is prepared in the fall, making fertilizer or compost, and at high acidity - lime. The more sun the tomatoes get, the less they are exposed to fungal diseases and mature better. Therefore, the landing is carried out on the south or southeast side of the site.
The optimal scheme for planting seedlings
Planting tomatoes do not like cramping, so the bushes need to be located in staggered order no closer than 50 cm from each other and the same to leave between the rows. If you save space and place them too close - it will negatively affect the ripening of the fruit, and in case of illness, the plants will become faster infected.
Watering, weeding and loosening the soil
Tomatoes dont need in frequent watering. It is enough to do this twice a week, but abundantly and at the root. For this procedure, choose the morning hours, before sunrise. In the evening, you can water only if the temperature does not drop below +20 ° C at night, otherwise there is a risk of fungal damage. It is important to remove weeds and loosen the soil in time to give the roots enough oxygen. Also, before the fruit begins to ripen, the bushes roll up several times to form lateral roots.
Top dressing of tomatoes
You can feed both organic and inorganic fertilizers. The first feeding is carried out 14 days after disembarkation, the next two in the period of formation of the ovary with a time interval of two weeks.
As a top dressing, a mullein infusion is suitable with the addition of superphosphate: 9 parts of water and 20 g of mineral fertilizer are taken for 1 part of manure. Under each plant poured 1 liter of the mixture.
Also as supplements fit such infusions:
Since the tomato variety described is undersized, it does not need pinching or pinching. This can be done with time and desire, but not mandatory. To increase the yield, you can leave 2-3 brushes, and cut off the rest. In this case, the fruits will be larger, and the bushes will have to tie up.
Prevention measures against pests and diseases
Prevention of pests and diseases right to do in the fall.
First, remove all weeds. Then the site must be dug up with the addition of ash, which is both fertilizer and an excellent disinfectant, and only then treat the land with special pest remedies. Indeed, in the cold time, the larvae hid in the soil, and thus you will destroy most of them.
A good prevention is the treatment of seedlings 20 days before planting - this can be a 0.5% solution of Bordeaux mixture or copper sulphate. When planting in each well is useful to add all the same ash and a handful of onion peel.
You can protect yourself from pests by planting tomatoes away from the potatoes and planting nasturtium or marigolds with them, the smell of which frightens many uninvited guests.
Tomatoes grown in their plot are definitely tastier and healthier than purchased ones, and if you follow the guidelines for planting and care, they will surely please you with a rich harvest. And the “White filling” proven over the years deserves to take a place on your garden bed.
General characteristics of tomato "White filling"
Tomato "White filling" is a versatile variety used for growing in various conditions (open / closed ground), perfectly adapting to the climatic features of the south, middle zone and northern Russia. It was bred by crossing several hybrids in the 60s at the experimental station to them. V.I. Edelstein in Kazakhstan, entered into the State Register - in 1966. The official name of the variety is “White Pouring 241”.
Attention! For cultivation on the ground, the “Bely Bulk” tomato is zoned in 7 regions of Russia: West Siberian, Volgo-Vyatsky, Central, Central Black Earth, Middle Volga and North-Western.
Characteristics of the variety:
- bush height - about 50 cm, in a greenhouse - up to 70 cm,
- type - not stem determinant tomato (has limited growth),
- early ripeness, the growing season is up to 110 days, in the greenhouse it is reduced to 90 days,
- Yield indicator - average, from 2.5 kg per bush; when cultivated in a greenhouse, higher yields can be achieved - up to 8 kg,
- return rate - during the first 10 days of ripeness reaches about 1/3 of the entire crop, which allows them to be quickly collected, sold or processed.
"White filling" forms srednevetvisty shrub with a strong stem and a moderate amount of deciduous mass. Leaves - medium and large, weakly crimped, without edging, painted green.
The first brush is formed above 6 or 7 leaves, and then every 2 leaves grows up to 5 more brushes, on each 3 - 6 tomatoes are tied.
Fruits of the White Filling tomato are medium-large, round and flattened, with inexpressive ribbing, the diameter of the fruit is up to 8 cm, the average weight of the fruit is -130 g. -red.
The skin is thick, thin, the flesh is fleshy and juicy, with a slight sour taste.
Despite the abundance of new varieties, the White Beer Filling tomato remains in demand due to:
- unpretentiousness to climatic conditions
- no need for garter, pasynkovaniya, daily care,
- cracking resistance,
- universality of use
- well tolerated transportation
Resistant to temperature fluctuations, the variety of tomato “White filling”, gives quite good yields in cold summer and periods of drought.
Features agrotechnics and reviews
To obtain seedlings, tomato seeds “Bely poured” are sown in the first decade of March in fertile, not heavy soil with a low acidity index. The seeds of potassium permanganate pre-etched for 2 hours in the solution, and then the seeds washed and treated with a growth stimulator, are sown to a depth of 1-2 cm, sprinkled with soil, watered and covered with a film. The optimum temperature that promotes rapid germination of seeds is + 23 ° C.
After the sprouting of the seedlings, the film is removed. Care of seedlings of tomatoes is watering, conducting picks, if the seeds were not planted in separate containers, conducting tempering before planting on permanent beds.
Attention! Watering of tomatoes produced at the root, since the ingress of water on their leaves lead to fungal diseases.
To create beds for a “White filling” tomato variety, choose a place protected from drafts and a place well-lit by the sun.
On open beds, seedlings are planted when it reaches the age of 60-70 days, but not earlier than the second decade of May. Tomato seedlings can be planted earlier in the greenhouse when they reach the age of 50 days. Для Центрального и Центрально-Черноземного регионов оптимальный сок высадки – после 15 мая.After landing in the ground, at first the seedlings should be covered with a transparent film. If you do not use film cover, planting seedlings should be postponed to June 5-10.
Planting density - up to 9 bushes per 1 m2. To achieve a good yield, it is recommended to form the bushes, leaving 1-2 fruit-bearing stems.
Like any other variety of tomato, "White filling" requires compliance with certain agricultural practices:
- watered with warm water in the afternoon or after sunset,
- soil loosening
- Making at least 2 dressings during the growing season
Tomato varieties “White filling” is unstable to phytophthora, but due to its early ripening period, it successfully avoids damage to this fungal disease.
As the reviews show, the “White filling” tomato variety, although it lags behind in yield and taste from modern varieties and tomato hybrids, often helps out under adverse weather conditions, giving stable early yields with minimal effort.
The main advantage of this well-deserved variety is uniqueness. The plant gives guaranteed yields of tomatoes in any locality, wherever it is grown - in the south and in the northeast. It can be planted in open ground and in greenhouses, the fruit of the variety can be consumed fresh or processed.
Let's sort the White Beer tomato, having given the characteristic and the description of a grade. They are.
- The height of the bushes is small (determinant variety), in the greenhouse the plant grows up to 70 cm, in the open air - up to half a meter. This allows you to do without support structures and without tiring tying.
- Initial ovaries are formed above the sixth or seventh full-fledged leaf, all the rest - every one or two leaves. There are three flowers in each inflorescence. Having formed several brushes, the ovaries stop laying, and the bush no longer grows. This eliminates the need for gardeners to artificially remove it.
- Although pasynkovaniye for a variety of tomatoes "White filling" is also optional, experts still recommend resorting to such a method as the transfer of the growth area to the lateral process. This allows you to extend the fruiting period.
As for its name, the fruits of the “White filling” variety, as is customary for tomatoes, have a red color, but during their ripening period they acquire a milky-white hue and look quite spectacular on the plant - as if apples ripen on a tomato bush .
And yet not easy care is the main feature of the variety so beloved by our gardeners. The variety would not have become so popular if it were not for the decent yields of tomatoes that gardeners manage to get. In this regard, the White Beer brand demonstrates quite good results.
- Early ripening. The timing of the appearance of the first crop of tomato “White filling”, which is cultivated in open soil, is 100 to 110 days after the first shoots appear, and 80 to 90 days when the crop is ripening in greenhouse conditions.
- Average yield. In terms of fruitfulness, this well-deserved variety can easily “burn” with later hybrids. On average, gardeners manage to get about three kilos of tomatoes from one bush, which was considered to be an excellent indicator for the time when they were taken out. Harvest per square meter - from eight kilos and above.
- The quality of tomatoes. The shape of the fruits of the variety “White filling” is round; after full maturity, the peel acquires a bright red color. Fruit weight ranges from 80 to 110 grams. They have a dense skin, so they do not crack during transportation and are well kept. Tomatoes of this type are used for cooking salads, all kinds of pickles and pickling, for freezing, making tomato juice and pasta.
- Single ripening. Of course, at the same time not all the crop is ripening at all, but about a third. This allows you to shoot in large quantities at once a lot of fruit and start processing them, without waiting for the harvest of the entire crop. For this property, this variety is particularly popular among the people.
- Resistance to common diseases. Although there is a predisposition for late blight in a variety, if planting tomatoes, observing the earliest terms, it will be possible to avoid its epidemic. But for macrosporosis, for example, a variety has immunity.
- Unpretentiousness to the climate. The future yield is not particularly dependent on weather conditions. Being planted even in open soil, tomatoes tolerate changeable weather, heat or cold summers well.
If at night and during the day there are strong temperature drops, the tomatoes on the bushes can crack.
Lack of variety
Nevertheless, it is necessary to mention them. Given that the variety was bred by breeders half a century ago, there are certain claims against it. The most important include:
- poor resistance to various diseases of tomato plants. Gardeners will have to work hard in order to save their future harvest from late blight. In such cases, experts advise the use of biological products that have proven to be effective,
- low yield compared with modern hybrids. Some varieties allow you to shoot up to six kilos from a bush, while for Bely Naliv, the cultivated crop will be only half of this amount,
- fruit tastes are not as good as many more modern tomatoes.
As we have already mentioned, this variety is easy to grow on the territory of Russia and adjacent states, although it was originally bred for Kazakhstan. Here are some recommendations for growing experts.
- Before planting, the seeds of tomato "White filling" need to be processed. To do this, they are kept in a weak solution of potassium permanganate (for disinfection) for two hours, after which they are washed in running water.
- After the seeds can be treated with special compounds that stimulate growth, although this is not mandatory.
- Plant seeds for seedlings in late March or early April. The land should warm enough and be fertile. Seeds are planted to a depth of two centimeters with a frequency of two centimeters.
The percentage of acidity in the soil should be low, and oxygen - high. It is recommended that the soil is also steamed and disinfected.
After the seedlings are planted, the containers are covered with a polyethylene film, achieving the greenhouse effect. You can use thin glass instead of film. The temperature at which tomato seeds will grow should be in the range of 23º.
When shoots appear, the cover is removed. Watering the seedlings should be in small quantities, trying not to damage the water just sprout from the ground.
As soon as the seedlings have the first pair of full-fledged leaves, it should be dived. Here also adhere to certain rules:
- picking is best done in separate cups in order to strengthen the roots of future plants,
- Peat or paper cups are recommended. The material of the container will decompose in the ground, and at the same time serve as food for the roots,
- planting material in the soil, you can make holes directly under the size of cups, which will speed up the work, and the plant will not be threatened by stress and injury.
It is advisable to seedlings from time to time with mineral fertilizers. Two weeks before its landing in the soil should be hardened. To do this daily:
- or for a few hours take the containers with the seedlings to the street,
- or ventilate the room for several hours.
Terms of planting seedlings in the soil depends on the conditions of its growth. In particular:
- if you intend to grow tomatoes in the greenhouse, you can plant seedlings for 50-55 days,
- if the plant grows in the open air, plant it right after the threat of late frosts in your area has passed.
In any case, the height of the shoots should be at least 20 cm, and there should be about five to six full-fledged leaves on the stem. Seedlings are planted in a two-row or staggered manner, at a distance of 50 cm between the holes. Before planting phosphorus-containing fertilizer is added to each well.
The soil itself before planting seedlings are disinfected and fertilized.
Plant care will be minimal:
- it is necessary to water infrequently, but plentifully, pouring water only under the roots,
- loosen the soil and weed should be only if the need arises,
- pokarmlivat once a week and a half. To do this, you need mineral fertilizers.
To graze and tie up the plants, as we have already mentioned, there is no need.
How to protect against disease
Your struggle for high yields should consist of two points.
- Protection should begin at the stage of working with seeds. By disinfecting the seeds themselves and the soil into which they will be planted, it is easy to stop most of the most common diseases of tomatoes.
- Experienced gardeners use special microbiological formulations that are sold in specialized stores. These compounds help plants fight many pests and diseases. Plants are sprayed with them as a preventive measure several times per season.
Despite the shortcomings, the variety “Bely poured” is still widely in demand by domestic gardeners. First of all, it is suitable for those who do not have enough time to care for the more capricious varieties, and who are quite satisfied with the average yield with such a minimal care.
Let us hope that the “White filling” characteristics of tomatoes cited by us and the description of the variety will convince many of our readers to try growing this plant in their country house. This will not cause you much trouble, but you will certainly be proud of the results of your work.
The variety of quickly ripening tomato called Bely pouring 241 was bred in the late 60s of the 20th century. The place of cultivation was planned in Kazakhstan. Practice has shown that this variety is excellent fruit in almost the entire territory of the former USSR.
The work of breeders was so successful that people still grow this type of tomato massively. The variety was bred for large vegetable farms. For a long time it was so, but today gardeners and villagers grow it in their gardens.
The main advantage of a grade is its high productivity, ability to plentifully fructify in any climatic conditions. At the same time, tomatoes are equally fruitful both in greenhouse conditions and in open ground.
Fruits are very tasty raw and canned. They are suitable for processing juices, sauces, ketchups, seasonings, tomato paste.
White filling - tomato universal purpose, suitable for fresh consumption and canning. There is one drawback to which gardeners in vain are paying so much attention - the variety is susceptible to late blight. But this is an early tomato. Virtually the entire crop is harvested from it in July-August, and late blight manifests itself at the very end of summer - in the fall. That is, Bely pouring in, if sowing it in time, leaves this disease, it simply does not have time to harm it. But even if sown late, the crop will ripen by the fall, it will not be difficult to carry out prevention with modern fungicides.
Personal experience of growing White filling
With the cultivation of the White filling began my career gardener. It was still in the 90s. As the first tomatoes, I chose the varieties that my mother raised - Bull's Heart, Moscow and White Pouring. Moscow from the moment of their emergence from seed became my favorites. Strong bushes, in the seedling period, even on a dark window they did not stretch out, grew stocky, and in the garden they were completely covered with medium-sized tomatoes (up to 50 g) that sang directly on the bushes. For my region (South-West Siberia) and those times it was a wonder. However, the parents gave me the seeds, I did not collect my own, and in stores no matter how I bought tomatoes with such a name, the very Moscow ones no longer grew.
Tomatoes Bull heart immediately struck out of the list of tomatoes that I ever want to plant. Productivity - one large tomato on a bush did not suit me. Not for beginners this grade. But White filling was the golden mean. Its seeds are always on sale and they are the same - without twins, do not require care, I just watered. Fruits of classic size and taste. There are a lot of them on the bushes. I grew it in the open field, in the conditions of our short summer I collected unripe tomatoes and farmed them at home. In the second year of my gardening, my husband put a film greenhouse. I took all of it in white bulk. When sown in mid-March, in July, the bushes were hung with red fruits. It was the only year when I collected tomatoes with buckets, as in the south, something around 15–20. We did not have time to eat and process the harvest, we had to pick tomatoes unripe, put them in boxes and put them in the cellar so that they would not sing so quickly. A greenhouse just something occupied a plot of 5x3 m.
Later, the assortment of tomatoes expanded, I began to buy and plant new items. White filling somehow undeservedly fell into oblivion. As for diseases, I do not remember such a problem during the cultivation of this variety. I did not process anything, and then I did not know how. If the memories of high yields are brighter, it means that these diseases of tomatoes were not so terrible even in the last century.
If you plant about 50 bushes of the White pouring into the greenhouse, then in the middle of summer you will not know where to go from tomatoes
Description of the variety Bely filling, its characteristics, region of cultivation
White tomato filling was launched in the 1960s. in Kazakhstan at the experimental station to them. V.I. Edelstein based on varieties Victor Mayak and Pushkinsky. The goal of the breeders was to create a high-yielding early variety for any climatic conditions, and in 1966 the product of their work called “Bely pouring 241” was entered into the State Register of selection achievements of our country. All this time, it has been actively grown by both summer residents and organized agricultural enterprises.
It is a universal variety suitable for cultivation both in greenhouses and in unprotected soil of various climatic regions. Only at the official level, the State Register of the Russian Federation recommended it for seven zones: the Northern, North-Western, Central, Volga-Vyatka, Central Black Soil, Middle Volga and West Siberian regions. Thus, Bely Beer can be grown in conditions of both the south and the north of our country. This is due to its high resistance to cold, drought and other natural disasters.
Tomato Bush White filling low, but strong, due to the powerful rhizome spreading in all directions. The maximum height of the bush is from 50 cm (in the open field) to 70 cm (in the greenhouse). Plant determinant type, does not require garters. Branching bush average, the number of leaves is small. The leaves themselves are of normal green color, medium size, without edge, their corrugation is low. White shrubs do not require garters, but sometimes so many fruits arise on it that gardeners help the bush not to fall.
The variety is white and early ripening; the first fruits are ready for use 100 days after sowing the seeds. In the first week, about a third of the fruit ripened, the further fruiting is stretched. In general, with one bush yield of about 3 kg, in the greenhouse is somewhat higher.
The first inflorescence of tomatoes of this variety is formed after the 6th or 7th leaf, the next after another 1 or 2. From 3 to 6 fruits are born in each inflorescence. Fruits keep firmly on the bushes, do not fall down on their own even after full ripening. The average fruit weight is about 100 g, it is smooth, sometimes slightly ribbed, rounded. Fully ripened fruits are colored bright red, but they acquire it through a whitish-colored stage. Inside, ripe tomatoes are red, contain from 5 to 12 seed nests.
It cannot be said that the fruits have an excellent taste. Tastes are characterized as good, tomatoes are intended for fresh consumption, the appointment of the State Register of the Russian Federation - salad. They have a pleasant sour taste, exude the usual tomato flavor. At high yields, excess fruits can be conserved, they are suitable for cooking tomato paste. Well tolerated transportation, resistant to cracking.
Why is it more than 50 years with the abundance of new varieties of Bely pouring demanded by gardeners. Apparently, a combination of factors plays a role here: high yield coupled with early ripening, good fruit marketability, resistance to cold and diseases, ease of cultivation. The variety produces good yields in dry and cool years.
Fruits of tomato White filling have a classic tomato form, they are aligned, in a ripe form, have the usual bright red color. However, in an unripe condition, the color is faded, although the tomatoes are already quite edible. Ripe fruits of tomato White pouring - smooth, red, like toy
At the same time on the bush can be a large number of tomatoes with different colors, which creates the impression of a Christmas tree. When the first fruits are almost ripe, the rest can be both green and white.
Advantages and disadvantages, features, differences from other varieties
Как и любые другие сорта, томат Белый налив обладает достоинствами и недостатками, но тот факт, что он успешно конкурирует с множеством новых сортов и гибридов, свидетельствует о том, что плюсов у него больше, чем минусов. К явным достоинствам сорта относятся:
- неприхотливость к условиям произрастания,
- приспосабливаемость к различным погодным условиям,
- высокая, для раннего сорта, урожайность красивых плодов среднего размера,
- транспортабельность урожая,
- universality of use
- неплохой вкус и сильный аромат,
- дружное созревание одной части урожая и растянутость другой,
- устойчивость к небольшим заморозкам.
The disadvantages can be considered:
- moderate disease resistance
- nondescript presentation of not fully ripe fruit,
- taste "for the amateur": not everyone loves the characteristic sourness of this variety.
Transportability of fruits associated with such a feature, as a very dense skin. Being a plus in terms of the safety of tomatoes, this fact probably brings a negative connotation to the consumer (taste) characteristics of the fruit.
The name “White filling”, fully suitable for apples of this sort, in the case of tomatoes, is puzzling. After all, fully ripened (“poured”) fruits are red in color, and they pass through the white coloring stage in the process of ripening.
The variety bears fruit quite well in all weather conditions, but in case of sharp fluctuations in daily temperatures, the probability of fruit cracking is still high. The first part of the harvest, as a rule, is canceled, but the success of the ripening of the rest of the fruit is already highly dependent on the weather.
Without questioning the unpretentiousness of the variety, I want to argue with the allegations about the excellent taste of tomatoes. There are many varieties that are almost not inferior to White filling in terms of simplicity, but giving, in the author’s opinion of these lines, more tasty fruits. Such variety, in particular, is the tomato Betta. It ripens much earlier than the White filling, bears fruits with somewhat smaller, but beautiful and tasty tomatoes. In the care is unpretentious, as well as the White filling. Although, of course, "the taste and color ...". Probably, other gardeners will call a lot of other very worthy varieties.
Peculiarities of growing and planting tomatoes
Despite the fact that the White Beef tomato is unpretentious, it has all the rules of agricultural engineering applicable to planting and growing any other varieties of tomatoes, there are no significant features in this regard. It is only in the south that this variety of tomatoes is grown by sowing seeds directly in the garden, and even then, if they do not want to get a very early harvest. Basically, the story always begins with the cultivation of seedlings, and sowing seeds in boxes or pots start in March.
The specific start date of the seed works depends on the region and on whether they are going to harvest in a greenhouse or unprotected soil. After two months, the seedlings will have to be transplanted into a garden bed, and by that time the soil will have to warm up to at least 14 ° C, and the air temperature should be expected at least at the same level. Therefore, seeds should be sown in the middle lane not earlier than mid-March, in the Lower Volga region this can be done a couple of weeks earlier, and, for example, in the Ural region - only in the last days of the month.
The process of growing seedlings consists of the following steps.
1. Seed preparation. Stage includes:
- calibration (agitation of seeds in a 3% solution of sodium chloride): it is not necessary to plant the emerged seeds,
- disinfection (bathing for 20–30 minutes in a dark solution of potassium permanganate followed by rinsing with clean water),
- soaking and germination: the seeds are placed on a damp cloth and kept warm until small roots appear,
- hardening: keeping seeds nakluvshihsya for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. The seeds of the White filling are the same as in other varieties, and are prepared for sowing in the same way
2. Preparation of soil mixture. The best composition is a mixture of equal quantities of good garden soil, peat and humus. You can add a little ash in it (a handful on a bucket). A well-mixed mixture should be spilled with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. However, the soil can be bought in the store, it is not necessary and specifically to prepare. If you grow a small amount of seedlings, it is better to buy ready-made soil
3. Planting seeds in a box. The soil layer in the box should be at least 5 cm, the seeds are sown in well-spilled grooves to a depth of 1-1.5 cm, leaving a distance of 2-3 cm between them. It is not difficult to sow seeds one by one: they are quite large.
4. Tracking temperature. After 4–8 days, shoots will appear at room temperature in a box covered with glass, the temperature is urgently reduced to 16–18 ° C, and at night - 2–3 degrees lower. Illumination - maximum. After a few days, return the temperature to the original level. If you do not reduce the temperature immediately after the emergence of seedlings, after a few days the seedlings can be thrown away.
5. Sampling. In the stage of two true leaves, seedlings are seated in separate pots or in a more spacious box, with a distance of at least 7 cm from each other. The aim of the picking is to provide each bush with a sufficient supply area.
In the process of growing seedlings, it is watered moderately and, if it stops growing, they are fed 1–2 times with full mineral fertilizer according to the instructions. 2 weeks before landing in the ground periodically carried to the balcony, accustomed to fresh air. Unlike many varieties of tomatoes, one should not expect that large bushes will grow in two months: White seedlings rarely grow to a height of 20 cm, and this is not necessary. It should be stocky, with a thick stalk. Well, if by the time of landing in the soil on the seedlings appeared buds or even the first flowers.
Planting of seedlings of tomatoes in the garden Bely filling is carried out with the onset of this heat. The site should be well lit and closed from the cold winds. It is advisable to cook the beds in the fall, making it all kinds of fertilizers. Tomatoes do not require ultra-high doses of organic matter, but like high phosphorus content. Therefore, no more than a bucket of well-rotted manure, a handful of wood ash and 30–40 g of superphosphate are brought in per 1 m 2.
White filling can be planted quite tightly, up to 10 plants per 1 m 2. Fortunately, it does not require a garter, but in greenhouses this tomato is sometimes tied up, because there the bushes grow taller, and saving space requires that they do not “crumble” around. Normal landing:
- A scoop of the well is prepared according to the chosen scheme, a little local fertilizer can be applied to each well (for example, a teaspoon of azofoski and half a cup of ash). Mix the fertilizer with the soil and water it. The introduction of ash under each bush contributes to the rapid establishment of seedlings and intensive growth.
- Carefully remove the bushes from the box or pots with a clod of earth and put in the hole, deepening to cotyledon leaves. Since White pouring does not grow in the seedling stage with a tall bush, it almost never has to be planted obliquely. Good seedlings do not have to bury
- Planting is watered with warm water (25–30 o C) and slightly mulch the soil around the bushes. You can water the seedlings from the watering can, but it is better not to soak the leaves
Care in white bulk is simple. It consists in watering, loosening the soil with the removal of weeds and a pair of dressings. Watering preferably carried out in the evening heated with water by the sun. The maximum amount of moisture is required immediately after flowering, but as soon as the bulk of the fruits grow to a normal size and start to color, watering should be stopped to avoid cracking the tomatoes.
The first feeding can be carried out two weeks after the transplanting, the second - after another two weeks. Any available fertilizer is suitable: both organic and mineral. The best option is a mixture: 20 g of superphosphate is added to a liter of mullein and left for a day in a bucket of water. This bucket is enough for 10-15 bushes.
White filling does not require the obligatory formation of a bush, but sometimes with excessive growth (which happens from excess nitrogen nutrition) it is a little stepson. In this case, do not remove all stepchildren, pinching only those that are clearly located not in place. The sooner this procedure is carried out, the better.
Due to the early ripening of the fruits, White filling very rarely undergoes fungal diseases, therefore it is almost never sprayed. In the case of prolonged cool and wet weather, it is desirable to carry out preventive treatment with folk remedies, for example, onion scales infusion. Of the chemicals, it is desirable to use only the most "harmless", for example, Ridomil or Fitosporin.
I tried White filling. I was delighted! This tomato. With any cherry can not be compared. Next year I will grow real tomatoes.
Bely planted Pouring two years ago. I had no one. Since then, they feel sorry for the place to take.
Productivity is slightly lower than similar modern varieties and hybrids. Personally, I have been using this variety for only two years, but I have known about it since childhood. The variety is quite ancient, bred back in the USSR in the middle of the last century. The Soviet summer residents it was one of the most popular varieties
Old proven grade. The variety is very early. I plant it for a long time. Now I have 8 varieties of tomatoes growing on the windowsill, including Bely poured. Absolutely unpretentious, no need for stepsoning, weeding, watering and a little top dressing.
Tomato Bely filling has been known for more than half a century, and is still in the cage of early ripening varieties among many gardeners in Russia and a number of neighboring states. This is due to its simplicity and good yield. It is able to adapt to any weather conditions and does not require special care, therefore it can be recommended to summer residents visiting their sites only on weekends.