Ficus Melanie is the brightest representative of the varieties of rubber flowers. Growing and caring for him does not require special attention, it is enough to make a minimum of effort. In turn, the ficus tree will give comfort to the dwelling and add a bit of beauty. It can grow not only experts in the cultivation of flowers, but even newcomers to this far from easy task. In this article, we learn what kind of flower ficus Melanie, as well as how to properly care for him, fertilize, propagate, plant and transplant.
For the first time ficus Elastik Melanie was bred by one breeder in Holland. His seedlings do not grow up, as many of his brothers, and grow in all directions. Ficus grows small, but compact in size, due to which it is very much appreciated in decoration. Most often, this variety is grown on the windowsill in private homes and apartments.
However, if you plant a ficus on the plot, it can grow quite large - up to 40 meters. But the room flower Melanie grows only up to 40-50 centimeters, but it looks like a bushy and magnificent flower. In common people it is called the snake tree. This is due to the fact that initially the ficus has only a stiff trunk, a little later, after planting, aerial roots appear, resembling many snakes hanging from a small tree.
However, if a novice florist wants to start a flowering plant in the house, then you should not take Melanie into account, this ficus is only suitable for landscaping the apartment and does not bloom when grown at home. But at the tree new young leaves grow quite quickly, 1 leaf per week, and the lower ones usually do not fall off, but continue to grow with everyone.
Foliage has a dense texture and oblong shape. Their edges are slightly bent downwards, and their length is 15 centimeters in length, and the width is not more than 8 centimeters. From above, the leaves are painted green with a light streak, and the bottom has a light olive shade, on which is a rich red vein. Because of the unusual color of the leaves, ficus Melanie is considered variegated. Each stem is richly covered with these wonderful leaves, the distance between them is equal to just a few centimeters. According to experienced gardeners, every 10 centimeters of the stem has about 8 sheets.
In India, residents are engaged in arbosculpture. Namely, a certain number of ficus bushes are grown for 10-15 years, and then they are used to build a bridge of plants. And since the stalk of the ficus is quite durable, it can withstand about 50 people of medium build at a time. Such a bridge is durable and can last about 600 years. Buddhists believe that it is the ficus that contributes to the appearance of love, happiness and well-being in the house.
The ficus prefers to grow in soil with low acidity, there should be drainage in the pot, and the soil should be chosen more easily so that moisture and air pass to the root system without any obstacles. Land for planting is different, young shoots are planted in loose soil, and older with the addition of sod and humus. The soil can be made independently or purchased in the store. However, there is a recipe for finished soil for ficus, which consists of the following ingredients:
- Humus, peat and sand. Components take on 1 part and mixed with the soil, the mixture is used only for young shoots.
- Peat, sand, sod and dry leaves of trees. Also take on 1 part and mixed, it is recommended for plants older than 2-3 years.
- For adult bushes, you can take several pieces of sand, sod land and humus, mix and use during planting.
At the bottom of the pot is placed drainage, which consists of expanded clay or small stones and sand. However, the best option would be to use only expanded clay, because of its composition, it perfectly absorbs excess moisture and fertilizing, and after a while gives it back to the soil.
In no case should clay be added to the soil prepared for planting, since this material does not let moisture in well and impairs drainage, and this, in turn, has a negative effect on the root system of the plant as a whole.
Melanie is recommended to put in a house in a place where the plant will be well lit. However, direct sunlight should be avoided, otherwise the foliage will suffer from burns. Draft for ficus is also not allowed. Light day for this variety should be about 14 hours. In winter, the day is short, so the plant will lack ultraviolet light. In this regard, you can buy additional lighting in the store - the plant will fully grow and develop.
As you know, the plant always pulls the leaves to the light, so its symmetry is broken, but in order to avoid this, it is recommended to turn the pot with a bush periodically. In the house the seedlings are placed both on the north and on the south side of the dwelling. But if the ficus suddenly suffers from a lack of light, this will lead to the falling of the foliage and slowing its growth in the future.
For the growth and development of Melanie, a warm enough climate is recommended, the plant feels great even at +30 degrees. But, as you know, in some regions, especially in summer, the temperature may be somewhat higher. Therefore, so that this weather phenomenon does not adversely affect the ficus Melanie, it is wiped with a damp sponge and sprayed with water from a spray bottle.
With the onset of winter, the temperature in the house should be about +16 degrees, and when it is lowered to +12 degrees and lower, the rhizome of the bush can freeze and the plant, as a rule, dies.
There are no special requirements for air humidity when growing ficus Melanie. Shrub feels great and with 50% humidity. But in the summer it is necessary for the seedling to arrange a small shower of warm water and wipe the fox. During the heating season, recommendations for air humidity are exactly the same as in summer.
Watering and hygiene procedures
Watering the plant is also necessary, but they do it only after an external inspection of the soil in a bitter and checking for humidity. Watering depends on many factors, for example:
- The temperature in the room.
- The property and composition of the soil.
- Age category shrub.
In order to check the humidity of the earth, you should put a finger on a few centimeters of the earth and, if particles of soil stick to it, then it is too early to think about moistening. But if it is harder and falls away from the finger, then the time for watering has come.
In summer, the ficus is recommended to be watered until water seeps into the pan. And an hour later, the water from the pan needs to be poured. In winter, you need to water less abundantly, otherwise an excess of moisture can destroy your green pet, especially if you do it in a room with low air temperature. Water before irrigation is better to defend and slightly warm to room temperature. As a hygiene procedure, it is recommended to periodically wipe the leaves with a damp cloth.
Top dressing and fertilizers
In the summer, you need to feed the ficus 2 times a month, and in the winter, the input of fertilizers decreases to 1 time in 30 days. The main thing is to remember that it is recommended to introduce fertilizers on the previously moistened soil or right on the day of irrigation, but not in any case on dry soil.
However, after the purchase and transplant within 30 days exclude any feeding. And this is due to the fact that the rhizome of a seedling can burn, and there is nothing to it, because the flower will absorb the nutritive components from the prepared soil. Experienced gardeners recommend choosing a fertilizer better in liquid form.
Cropping and crown formation
Pruning for this plant is recommended with the onset of spring, but you can do it at the end of the winter period. To do this, cut to 5 internodes, which are located on the top of the ficus. This is necessary in order to make the plant thrive, as well as for its pomp.
But this effect can be achieved only if the plant is tilted for a while. At this moment, the lateral bud will begin to form and grow and the plant will acquire treasured pomp. There are simply no other ways to force branched shoots.
It is worth remembering that the ficus contains poisonous juice, which is manifested on the skin in the form of irritation or an allergic reaction. Therefore, cut it must be directly in gloves.
Transplant plants after purchase
The seedling is sold in special shipping pots, which are filled with a temporary substrate. Immediately transplanting the plant is not recommended, from now on it should take about 7 days.
Capacity for planting should be a few centimeters more than the purchase. In the pot pour out a special soil for ficus or replace it with another for non-flowering varieties. On the first day after planting, water is watered frequently, but in small portions, and after a few more weeks they switch to a moderate irrigation schedule.
Fight against diseases and pests
Like almost all plants, the ficus Melanie can also be attacked by pests or disease. The most common are:
- Falling leaves. This may be due to poor lighting or too frequent watering. To prevent this, you need to identify the cause and eliminate it.
- Yellowing leaves. Typically, this process begins before dropping off, but it may be due to an overabundance of top dressing. Such a tree needs to be transplanted into another soil and watered with salted water.
- Slow growth and development. Occurs due to insufficient lighting, excess fertilizer in the soil.
- The appearance of brown spots on Melanie. It happens with burns and excess fertilizing.
In addition, the plant is sometimes attacked by the following insects and pests:
- Shchitovka. Insects settle on the leaves of plants and feed on its juice until the very death of the seedling. To get rid of them, sponge moistened in soapy water and wipe the plant. If the foliage is badly damaged, it is cut.
- Spider mite You can determine its invasion by the presence of a white web on the plant. It starts up from too dry air in the room. To combat it, it is recommended to water the sapling more often with water and wipe the foliage.
- Thrips. When attacking these pests ficus must be thoroughly washed and transplanted into another pot. Spray the solution "Fitoverm" and cover with cellophane for 24 hours.
This method of reproduction is done directly with the onset of spring. The process goes like this:
- To begin with, prepare 15 centimeter cuttings with an oblique cut.
- At each cut leave the third part of the sheet.
- Ficus juice is carefully washed with water.
- The cuttings are dried for some time, the cut is treated with a special solution.
- The pot is filled with peat, sand and soil, the cutting is placed in it.
- Capacity covered with cellophane.
- After rooting and the formation of the first leaves, the plants are seated in different pots.
This method is also often used for breeding ficus. From the outside it looks like this:
- Part of the shoot bare and incise in a circle.
- Cut the slice with moss and fix with scotch tape.
- The moss part should always be in a well-moistened place.
- Only after the formation of aerial roots, shoots are separated from the main stem and planted in separate pots.
Thus, the care of the ficus is minimal, the plant is compact, such advantages will certainly be appreciated by beginners in floriculture. The simplicity in the content of this plant will give them even more desire to engage in floriculture.
Ficus care at home:
Care after purchase
Plants are usually sold in small shipping pots that are filled with a temporary substrate.
Ficus Melanie replant best after 1 week after purchase.
The new pot is selected in size larger by 2-3 centimeters, than the previous one.
It is possible to fill it with a universal ground for ornamental plants, but it is best to take a special one for ficuses.
Watering in the first days should be done in small portions. In the future, go to a regular schedule with moderate watering.
The ficus is drought-resistant, and watering should be done only after the earth has dried by 2-4 centimeters.
The average frequency - 2 times per week. In winter, you can water weekly for 1 time.
These plants are more likely to suffer from excessive watering than from lack of water. If after the procedure the liquid remains in the pan, it must be drained.
The house practically does not bloom.
In order for the plant to give the necessary shape and avoid pulling the branches, it must be cut.
The optimal time is the end of winter or the beginning of spring.
This should be done correctly - if you just cut off the top of the head, new leaves will start to develop nearby, but the flower itself will continue to grow upwards.
To stimulate branching, it is necessary to cut at least 4-6 sheets down.
The shoots that appear in this way can be rooted.
Soil and soil
Best suited specialized soil for ficuses.
But you can also use any subacidic or neutral earth, or you can make the substrate yourself.
To do this, mix one part of the leaf, sod land, humus, and half of the sand.
Be sure to down with a thick layer of expanded clay filled with drainage.
The ficus belongs to fast-growing plants and needs regular transplantation in more spacious capacity.
The best time for this is the beginning of spring.
The procedure must be performed when the roots have completely filled the space in the previous pot or sprouted into the drainage holes.
New is selected on 2-3 centimeters larger in size than previously, from any material.
5-6 summer plants can not completely replant, but only to replace about 3 centimeters of topsoil.
In the photo ficus "Melanie":
Description and features
The plant has elliptical leaves, the tip of which is pointed, they are slightly tilted down.
Ficus leaves are quite small and reach a length of 15 cm, and 7 cm in width. Their outer side is glossy, dense, juicy and dark green. Inner - light green, matte, has reddish streaks. Due to the compactness of the crown has a short internode about 2 cm in length. Plant growth is vertical, with a tendency to branching.
Melanie can not bloom in room conditions without proper care.Under natural conditions, any ficuses look inconspicuous, have faded flowers that are pollinated only due to certain types of insects. Correctly pinching and cutting the branches of trees, you can get shapes for every taste.
This is a fruit bearing plant. The fruits are small, about 1 cm in diameter. They look like small figs and are completely inedible.
Home Growth and Care Conditions
In order for a healthy, well-leafy beautiful plant to grow, appropriate care will be required, especially a sufficient amount of light and good air moisture. At the same time, it is necessary to avoid exposure to sunlight, since they can burn ficus leaves in minutes. In the apartment, this plant is desirable to place on the window sills of windows of any side other than the south.
Also ficus Melanie easily transfers temperatures of 12-32 degrees.
In winter, it is necessary to provide him with a temperature regime in the range between 16 and 18 degrees, and the humidity should not be below 50%, which, unfortunately, is quite difficult to do in average apartments in the winter with central heating. It is important to humidify the air for plants using regular spraying or using a humidifier. Regular weekly wiping of the leaves and even a shower once in 30 days can also help.
Water the ficus should be carefully, having previously checked that the earth has dried deep into 1-2 fingers. Before you water, you need to defend. In winter, watering is much less common when the cube of the soil dries out about half. For the ficus is extremely important to comply with the regime of irrigation, especially in winter. If excessive moistening is allowed, then the ficus quickly loses its leaves, they lose their healthy color, begin to cover at the edges with brown spots and soon fall off completely. This will indicate that root rot occurs. And this, of course, leads to the death of the plant.
As a rule, the plant is brought to our country from Holland. After the ficus is purchased, it must be removed from the pot and removed from the roots as soon as possible from the industrial substrate in which the plant is immersed. After that, rinse the roots with cool water. After that, it should be transplanted into a vessel of a larger size than it had before, filled it with fertile light soil with a neutral or weakly acid reaction.
Ficus transplant rules
At the bottom should be put a layer of drainage, the thickness of which should be within 2 or 3 cm.
During planting, carefully straighten the roots of the plant. Further transplant of ficus will need to be carried out every 1-3 years, depending on the nature and speed of its development.
В период активного роста, который наблюдается с апреля по конец сентября, необходимо подпитывать фикус раз в 1-4 дней специальными универсальными удобрениями.
If the plant is too stretched, it can be cut to improve appearance. Pruning should be carried out at the beginning of spring or at the end of winter, immediately before the onset of a period of active growth. For this, 3-6 internodes are cut off simultaneously on some branches. This gives the home tree a particularly beautiful shape. In order to formulate a young plant, its shoots are simply pinched, no more procedures can be performed.
In some cases, apply reproduction through air layouts. For its implementation, the ficus stalk is vertically incised directly under the leaf. Then in the resulting gap is placed a match moistened with a root. From the outer part is wrapped with a film to preserve moisture. After a few months, we can expect the appearance of roots, after which the layers can be cut and transplanted into a pot.
Ficus Melanie: diseases and pests
Invalid and illiterate care of this plant may lead to its disease. In order for pest and disease control to be effective, one must always begin by examining indoor plants.
There are several major problems that can prevent a plant from growing and developing normally.
- Yellow and fall leaves. This often happens with ficuses during the heating season in modern homes. It should be remembered that the ficus originated in the tropics and subtropics. Therefore, the high temperature and dry air at a time when he has a period of rest, always lead to yellowing and falling leaves. This slender tree quickly loses its attractiveness and as a result may finally die. In order to avoid such problems, it is recommended to take out all types of ficus in the winter period in a cool room. If for some reason it is difficult to do this, then you should at least take the vessels with ficus as far as possible from the battery bursting with heat and turn on the air humidifier in the room. If there is no humidifier, then wet sheets can be put on the battery.
- Gray rot. You can not overdo it with moisture, because moldy gray spots can occur on the leaves and stalk of ficus. If this happens, the affected areas of the plant should be removed and the room moisture should be reduced.
- Root rot. Too abundant watering, especially in the winter time, often leads to decay of the roots. Then brown spots appear on the leaves and trunks, the plant begins to fade. As soon as the first signs of such a disease appear, measures should be taken immediately. For this plant you need to transplant to a new substrate. Accordingly, it will be necessary to cut off the rotten areas and treat them with a disinfector.
- Fungal diseases. Occur due to improper care. Often on the leaves of the variety Melanie appears rusty, brown, dark gray patina. It speaks of a fungal disease. If you find a problem in a timely manner, then you can limit yourself only to taking off the raid. If the lesions are serious, then it is necessary to remove the diseased leaves and treat them with a fungicide.
- Spider mite. This is the most frequent pest for ficus. Spider mite - the most real disaster for ficuses. This is a very small insect. It can be seen only through a magnifying glass. However, flower growers often recognize mite damage to plants by the appearance of a fine spiderweb. It is located, as a rule, on the lower sides of the leaves and strikes them in a characteristic way. Mites stick to the plant and consume juice from them. In connection with these, the whole sheet is covered with small punctures. The occurrence of ticks can provoke excessive dry dry premises. To avoid this, you need to spray the ficus more often and wash its leaves with water and soap. It is also good to spray it with various solutions, for example pyrethrum, which can be added only 2-3 g per liter. water. You can repeat the spraying in a week.
- Shchitovka. This parasite, as well as the tick, sucks the juice from the stems and leaves of ficus. The shield can be removed with a sponge, pre-moistened with soapy water or with a wet toothbrush. After that you need to wash the ficus under the shower and spray with soapy water. If you properly care and regularly wipe the plants, you can prevent the appearance of any pests.
- Thrips. This is one of the most unpleasant pests. They do not care poisons and various chemical treatments. At the same time, they not only suck the sap from the plant, but also are carriers of diseases dangerous for it. They are also very mobile and very quickly jump to the next landing. To find out that thrips hit the ficus, you can by the appearance of white sheets and black dots on it. It is possible to fight thrips through the use of any insecticides. Treatment should be carried out once a week. Prevention of thrips infection is to control air drying.
- Mealybug. This is another driver who loves to drink ficus juice. These are visible insects, reaching a length of 5 mm, which are covered with down. The method of dealing with the mealybug is exactly the same as with the shield.
Of course, with this plant there can be many problems during its cultivation. But nevertheless the ficus Melanie is a rather unpretentious plant and at the same time beautiful. If you are a caring owner and love your green pet, you are ready to provide up-to-date care for your Ficus Melanie at home, he will answer you with all his beauty and will quickly decorate your house or apartment.
With the care, the fulfillment of all the conditions for the maintenance of ficus at home can even handle a novice grower.
Description and photo
This type of ficus was bred by Dutch breeders from the Decor variety. The plant has a compact size, it does not grow up, but to the side with the whole bush, which makes it possible to form a beautiful crown and give the plant even greater decorative value.
Due to its small size, most often the ficus Melanie is chosen for placement on window sills or other small platforms.
In nature, rubber-fig rubber plants grow to impressive sizes (30-40 m), however Melanie's variety grows to a height of only 30-60 cm, it is excellent bush.
At the beginning, the tree consists of a single stiff trunk, after some time the usual root system begins to take off aerial roots, due to which the plant has acquired the nickname "tree of a snake."
This plant is great for lovers of greenery, not flowers, because at home ficus Melanie does not bloomthat you should definitely consider when buying. However, subject to simple rules of care, the ficus is able to quickly release new leaves — one per week, while all the lower foliage is preserved.
The leaves are very dense, leathery, oblong in shape with pointed tips, slightly curved downwards, do not exceed 15 cm in length, and are 6–8 cm wide.
The upper part of the leaves is dark green glossy, with a light streak, the back side is painted in a light olive color, matte and rough to the touch, beautifully dissected by red veins.
The leaves are very densely arranged on the stem, the internodes are only 1-2 cm, on average 10 cm of the stem are located up to 6-8 leaves.
How to choose a ficus when buying
When choosing a pet in a flower shop, follow these tips.:
- Give preference to a young plant, because over time the adaptive properties of the ficus are reduced, and it can be problematic to take root in the new microclimate.
- The best season for buying is spring-summer, since at this time it is easier for the plant to adapt to the conditions of the new dwelling.
- Be sure to inspect the leaves of ficus from the outer and back sides: they should not be any brown or white spots, growths - these signs indicate the disease.
- Shake the plant a little or run your hand against the growth of the leaves - in a healthy specimen all the foliage should remain in place, otherwise refuse to buy this plant.
Lighting and location
For the cultivation of ficus Melanie is to find a well-lit place in the apartment, where direct sunlight does not fall, which are able to burn the leaves. Also the place should be without drafts. Light day should be about 12-14 hours, so when the winter deficit of ultraviolet light, you must resort to additional lighting. Gradually, the ficus will pull all the leaves toward the source of light, so for a beautiful and symmetrical crown formation, the pot will need to be rotated periodically.
The plant is optimally placed at the south side of the apartment, but if there is no such possibility, it will feel good even on the north window. If the light is critically low, the plant slows down in growth and can even throw off foliage.
Temperature and humidity
Ficus Melanie is able to withstand temperatures in the range of + 16-30 ° C. However, the average indicators are optimal - 20-25 ° C. If the thermometer rises higher in the summertime, provide additional spraying and wiping the foliage with a damp sponge.
In winter, the bush should be kept at + 16-18 ° С. Lowering the temperature below + 12 ° C can lead to freezing of the root system, loss of foliage and death of the plant.
There are no special requirements for air humidity - the ficus feels quite well with an average humidity of 40-60%. However, on particularly hot summer days or during the heating season, leaves should be wiped with a damp sponge, a shower or sprayed with a spray gun.
Prefers a nutrient soil with good drainage and breathability, the Ph level should be neutral or slightly acidic.
It is necessary to take into account that the soil for young and adult plants differs in composition - young rubber plants prefer a more loose soil, but after 2-3 years it is necessary to add sod or humus to the soil.
You can save time and effort and buy ready-made mixture for ficus. It is also not difficult to prepare the correct composition of these components:
- For a young plant: 1 part of humus, peat and sand.
- For an adult plant: 1 part of peat, sand, turf and leaf land.
- For an adult plant (option 2): 2 parts of humus and sod land, 1 part of sand.
Ficus Melanie: home care
Care for the ficus Melanie is watering as needed, regular feeding, annual pruning and transplanting. Next, we consider in more detail each procedure.
There is no strict watering schedule for ficus - the need for soil moisture will depend on the humidity in the room, air temperature, soil composition and properties, plant age and room lighting.
It is necessary to follow the basic rule: the ground in a pot should dry completely or remain slightly damp.
To make sure of the need for moistening, you can deepen a finger into the earthen mixture by 3 cm - if the earth remains on your fingers, then moisture is enough, but if it crumbles or hardened too much, it is time to moisten your pet.
During the summer period, watering should be plentiful - water should be poured into the pot several times so that it starts to appear on the tray. After half an hour, remove water from the pan. In winter, watering should be very moderate, since an excess of moisture is extremely harmful for the plant, especially if it is kept at low temperatures. Spraying should be carried out with insufficient air humidification, that is, during heating and very high temperatures in summer. For irrigation and spraying, it is necessary to use separated water at room temperature.
Feed the ficus Melanie need 2 times a month in the warm season, and 1 time per month in the autumn-winter period. Fertilizer can be applied on the day of watering or the next (it is very important that the soil was wet).
It is better to give preference to liquid mineral mixtures. Within 1 month after transplantation fertilized indoor pet can not. The application of top dressing can burn the roots, besides, in a fresh soil mixture, the amount of nutrients is sufficient.
Ficus Melanie can be propagated in several ways:
- Apical or lateral shoots. They are cut so that there are 2-3 leaves on the shoots, there is no need to process the cut. The shoot is placed in water to drain the milky juice. Then the liquid is replaced with a new one, covered with a package to create a small greenhouse and wait for the roots to appear. To speed up the process, you can add a growth stimulator according to the instructions. When the roots are formed, the escape can be transplanted into a container with the ground.
- Air layoutsThis method is more complicated and gives less chances for a successful outcome, especially for inexperienced florists. In any place, the stalk should be incised at 1/3 of the thickness, insert a toothpick or match inside (so that it does not grow back together), wrap with peat on top and wrap with a plastic bag. When the roots appear, the stalk should be cut just below the incision site and planted in a permanent pot.
Flower pests and diseases
Despite the unpretentiousness of this plant, in the process of growing it can be faced with certain problems, pests and diseases. The most common complaints when growing plants:
- Falling foliage. The reason may be excessive moisture or lack of moisture in the soil, a strong lack of light, a sharp temperature drop, the presence of a draft in the room. To fix the problem, you need to revise the conditions of the plant.
- Yellowing foliage. In this case, the rules of care and maintenance are also violated. Usually foliage acquires a yellow tint before falling off, but among other reasons one can single out such: an excess of fertilizer (it is necessary to pour a large amount of water over the ficus and not to feed for 2 months), too large a pot (transplanting will help) soil), rotting roots (need to remove damaged areas).
- Lack of growth. Can occur with a lack of lighting, a cramped pot, or an insufficient amount of fertilizer.
- Dark brown spots on the leaves. Indicate a sunburn or excess fertilizer.
Due to improper care, the plant can also be attacked by pests or infections.
- Shchitovka. The appearance of these insects is very detrimental to the condition of the plant - small pests attack the leaves and stalks and feed on the juices, until the plant dies. Look like small (up to 4 mm) balls of brown or solid color. In the case of attack of scythes, the foliage and stems should be wiped with a sponge dipped in soapy water. Heavily damaged parts of the plant can be cut off, the rest can be treated with the “Actellic” preparation according to the instructions.
- Spider mite From the name it becomes clear that you can notice the presence of a pest by the presence of a white web. The reason most often is too dry warm air in the room. To eliminate the tick, it is necessary to spray and wipe the foliage more often with a damp sponge.
- Thrips. When attacking these insects, sick specimens need to quarantine, rinse the leaves thoroughly under the shower, replace the soil and wash the pot. Then the plants can be treated with the preparations "Actellic" or "Fitoverm" (for greater efficiency after treatment, the flowers are covered with a plastic bag for a day).
Ficus Melanie is an excellent choice for gardening office or apartment. It does not take up much space, is very easy to clean, looks beautiful in any interior and effectively cleans the air.
If you do not have experience in growing indoor plants, such an instance will be a suitable option for a beginner in floriculture.