Bee pollen collected from flowers of herbs, has unique properties for human health. What is pollen, how is it collected by bees? What is allowed to treat with its help, and in what cases it can cause harm?
Pollen is also called obnozhka. This name is associated with the method of collecting it by bees. Hind legs of insects have a structure in the form of baskets, in which they collect nectar. The breed is used for raising bee offspring in the hive. The pollen structure is a tiny, irregularly shaped kernels, treated with bee secretion.
Pollen has a sweet taste, a floral aroma, and sometimes a slight bitterness. In terms of its appearance and composition, the skin body differs depending on the type of plants from which it is collected. Pollen collected from acacia has a white color. An orange or light yellow shade has a buckwheat face, golden or greenish - collected from the sunflower, a red one - from a pear, a yellow one - from a willow or an apple tree, a brown one - from a clover.
The beneficial properties of the composition of bee pollen far exceeds honey. It contains group B vitamins, carotenoids, ascorbic acid, tocopherols, iron, potassium, boron, magnesium, sulfur, phosphorus, silver, titanium, manganese, zinc, sodium, selenium. All these elements stimulate the physiological processes in the body.
The pollen contains phenolic constituents (flavonoids and phenolic acids). They possess diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antioxidant, radioprotective properties.
Essential amino acids in the composition of the protein compounds of bee pollen in quantity exceeds their content in milk. These include arginine, valine, lysine, leucine, tryptophan.
Bee pollen collected from dandelions, clover, hazel, mustard, raspberry, willow, and apple is the richest in fats. Essential fatty amino acids (linoleic, arachidonic, linolenic) reduce cholesterol levels.
Carbohydrates in the composition of the powder are mainly glucose and fructose. In addition, sucrose, maltose, polysaccharides and disaccharides are also available. Dietary fiber and starch make it beneficial to the gastrointestinal tract.
The beneficial properties of bee pollen are due to its composition. It has a beneficial effect on many systems and organs, has a healing effect.
- It activates metabolic processes, reduces the fat content in the tissues, therefore it is recommended during the period of weight loss.
- Able to support the heart muscle.
- It improves the elasticity of blood vessels, strengthens their walls.
- Removes cholesterol from the body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- It reduces nervous tension, helps to overcome neurosis, depression, improves sleep.
- Pollen for men is a natural stimulant of potency, which can be used until old age. It is also recommended for the treatment of prostatitis.
- Positive effect on the liver.
- It has anti-cancer properties, slowing down the division of pathogenic cells.
- Increases hemoglobin, improves blood composition.
- Treatment of diseases of the kidneys and bladder.
- Restoration of hormonal disruptions, supports the endocrine system in normal.
- Helps to recuperate after physical and mental stress.
- The beneficial properties of bee pollen are important for women. They are widely used in cosmetology.
Pollen Reception Guidelines
The use of bee pollen as a food supplement can bring preventive and curative benefits. It should not be taken more than twice a day. Last time - about 3 hours before bedtime. It is better to do this for half an hour before meals. A teaspoon of pollen is mixed with a teaspoon of honey. To use properly, you need to dissolve the mixture under the tongue and do not drink water.
Pharmacies sell capsules made of gelatin, which contain pollen. It is poured out of the capsule and also gradually dissolve in the mouth.
A day is not more than 5 grams of powder. Exceeding this rate may harm the body in the form of hypervitaminosis and poisoning.
“The whole family drank pollen to prevent flu and colds, instead of garlic. The result exceeded expectations, in the fall, no one had even the usual cold. White granules were used, according to the seller, collected from acacias. They drank twice a day, one month, children took a coffee spoon with milk and cocoa, and adults took a teaspoon with water ”- Lisa, 31, Zelenograd.
“In a family, heredity in oncology. I suffer from gastritis from frequent stress and not very natural and proper food. The fact that there is such a product, I learned after reading the brochure, I found a store and, although the cost was rather big, I bought it. I have been accepting for three years already, during this time I forgot about the presence of gastritis, I am constantly alert, smart, in a good mood. I advise everyone to use this tool ”- Kirill Sergeevich, 42, Moscow.
“My problem is overweight. I tried many things, but there was no effectiveness. I didn’t expect miracles from pollen, I just drank with my parents as a preventive one. Over the year, weight returned to normal, without diets and specific efforts, it lost more than 10 kg ”- Anna, 28 years old, St. Petersburg.
Composition and description
What is the difference between a bee product and pollen? Last buy is not a problem, it is inexpensive and available to everyone. Bee is more useful because it is processed naturally. Therefore, this product is more valuable and nutritious, which is confirmed by the reviews. By its properties, it is even more useful than honey.
In itself, such a substance is a source of amino acids, vitamins of group B, proteins, folic and pantothenic acids. Especially shown means older people.
This folk medicine is shown to almost everyone: the exception is made only by those who have contraindications. If you use pollen correctly, you can well strengthen the body, get rid of fatigue and depression. To enhance its benefits, you can add honey. Her healing properties:
- can be used as a cold prevention, as well as to strengthen the immune system. Especially shown to children
- beneficial effect on vision,
- increases blood iron levels, regulates hemoglobin,
- the use of bee pollen is known for its tonic effect. Too invigorating effect can not be expected, but in general the body feels good,
- improves the condition of the heart and blood vessels, normalizes blood pressure, prevents the development of atherosclerosis. Of course, this does not mean that the product will immediately improve the state of health. However, its systematic use significantly improves the condition
- studies have shown that the risk of developing skin and breast cancer in a number of patients has been reduced. Although you need to understand that this is not an absolute guarantee of protection against cancer.
Some diseases may disappear, and health will improve with regular use. Of course, no need to immediately rush to treat all diseases of bee pollen. It is better to first consult with a specialist, because in some cases you can bring harm to yourself instead of benefit. In general, with the following diseases, pollen treatment can be very effective:
- tendency to depression, apathy, depressed states, neurosis,
- kidney disease
- memory impairment, frequent headaches,
- gastritis, gastrointestinal diseases,
- reduced potency
- sensitivity to weather conditions, climate change,
- atherosclerosis, heart disease, vascular disease,
- mental and physical discomfort,
- sleep disorders.
Very useful product slimming women. How will he help? It helps to reduce body fat, while preventing the breakdown of muscle mass and protein loss.
A good effect has a substance with headaches, migraines, soothes dizziness. Well helps drug for cardiovascular diseases.
Of the pollen make external ointments that help with psoriasis, eczema and other skin diseases. Finally, the product reliably removes toxins from the body, has a cleansing effect. Mixed flower or bee pollen and honey are an excellent face mask.
How to use?
What about dosages? The best option is to take twice a day for 30 minutes before meals for a teaspoon. This is the norm of an adult. How much to give to children? It requires prior consultation of a pediatrician. Children 3 to 5 years old give 4 g of pollen. With age, children can gradually increase the dose, but this should be done carefully.
Quite often, it is recommended to use such a product with honey. To do this, you must properly mix the product with honey in equal proportions. Such a honey mixture is very useful.
But the most useful use is in natural form. Why is resorption so important? Thus, useful components are quickly absorbed into the mucous membrane. If you drink liquid, the healing properties will simply be lost.
Sold in a variety of means. You can find a natural product, and you can buy a product mixed with honey. When selling must necessarily say what a given honey mixture is and how to use it.
What do the reviews say?
Pollen mixed with honey can be used not only inside. Flower and bee pollen masks with honey tighten the skin, make it smooth and elastic, wrinkles around the eyes disappear, and the skin becomes light.
Where can I get it? Unfortunately, there are many cases of fake products. Therefore, it is highly recommended to purchase such preparations only from experienced beekeepers or in stores of beekeeping flower products, where honey is also sold. Only experienced users know all the rules and storage conditions by which the tool retains all its useful properties.
What is the use of bee pollen?
For women. Inside, pollen is used for weight loss (especially in combination with diets), the elimination of gynecological diseases, the treatment of female infertility. Pollen normalizes hormones, helps to normalize the metabolism, improves the condition of nails and hair. Pollen-based hair and body pollen masks have strong regenerating and nourishing properties.
For men. Obnozhka not only normalizes sexual function, but also eliminates male infertility, relieves inflammation in the prostate. It can also reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes and other heart diseases. This apiproduct is useful to athletes due to its ability to tone up muscles, give them elasticity and strength.
Internal organs. It is used to treat gastrointestinal diseases, with reduced appetite. It has a choleretic, diuretic, antitumor and radioprotective action. Due to its regenerating properties, it is able to restore damaged tissues of the liver and other organs.
Bodies of sight. The use of pollen helps to restore visual function. Most minor defects after a course of treatment pass.
Immunity. People who already use pollen, notice a significant increase in immunity - in the winter they get sick much less often, and the disease is easier.
Children obnozhka also shown. It improves their mental and physical activity, sleep, increases the body's defenses.
Bee pollen increases the level of erythrocytes (and hence hemoglobin) and leukocytes in the blood, therefore it is indicated for radiation sickness and anemia.
Is it possible to give pollen to children?
Being less saturated than perga (pollen, canned with honey), it is allowed for children from 3 years. The dosage is calculated depending on age: 3-5 years - 6 g, 6-12 - 8 g, older than 12 - 15 g. A teaspoon contains 5 g of pollen. Other beekeepers recommend less bulky doses - a quarter of a teaspoon at a time. At the beginning of the course of treatment you can take only a few grams.
Before giving the product to the child, check if there is an allergic reaction. To do this, it needs to slightly dissolve a few granules with saliva and apply it to the skin on the back of the hand. The appearance of a rash will indicate that the baby pollen can not be given.
Children are recommended for children to improve their physical and mental development. It will increase the appetite and defenses of the body, which is especially important during the adaptation period of the child in kindergarten or school. In particular, pollen is indicated for sick and weak children.
Pollen and honey. Is it possible to mix tea with honey?
To increase the efficiency of pollen, it can be mixed with honey and taken according to a special scheme. It will not only improve its taste - it will increase the beneficial properties of the product. And its shelf life is significantly increased, because after six months, it loses up to 25% of its useful properties. Perga, into which the pollen poured with honey turns into, does not lose its properties during the year.
Some beekeepers advise to use bee products all year round, alternately taking honey, pollen, propolis, royal jelly, etc.
To enhance immunity, it is recommended to use the following composition. Take 2 cups with honey and mix with a glass of tea. Take a tablespoon three times a day for 3 weeks.
Which is better - bee or pollen?
Bee is considered more saturated with nutrients due to the fact that it is treated with the salivary glands of bees, because it is used for feeding the next generation. In addition, the flower obnozhka contains pollen allergens, because not everyone perceives it. Pergu (honey mixed with pollen) can also not take everyone.
Bee pollen is a result of the action of insect saliva enzymes, which further enriches its composition with vitamins and trace elements. It is also important that in the process of collecting and processing pollen grains, the salivary glands of bees make the compounds most dangerous for people prone to allergies to dissolve.
It is customary to pack pollen for use in gelatin capsules, which is contrary to the rules for taking the product for healing the body.
Bee pollen is useful in the first place, the characteristics of the composition. It contains a record amount of protein (up to 33% of the dry product), as well as compounds acting as natural biostimulants and beneficially affecting the tone of the human body and the state of its protective forces.
The complex beneficial effect of the biologically active compounds of pollen determines the rapid onset of the healing effect of its reception:
Pollen is also rich in metabolic microelements, vitamins (especially carotene) and phytohormones. It normalizes the activity of the thyroid gland, saturating the body with iodine, zinc and selenium, which has a positive effect on the activity of the entire endocrine system of the body and the work of the brain.
Pollen use according to plant
The composition of pollen, and accordingly its useful properties, vary depending on the plant variety that served as the main source of pollen:
- Sage bee pollen is used to regulate the function of the gastrointestinal tract, to achieve a pronounced diuretic effect.
- Thyme pollen is widely used in the treatment of cough, is an effective antiseptic, and also tones the body, improving the quality of blood flow.
- Rapeseed pollen is recognized as a valuable dietary product that also helps in the healing of trophic ulcers.
- Buckwheat pollen strengthens the walls of blood vessels and is used as a means of preventing stroke and myocardial infarction.
- The product collected by bees from the flowers of wild rose, is used to remove stones from the kidneys.
- Linden bee pollen is a good sedative and sedative to help cope with stress.
- Fresh pine pollen is a medicine used to combat prostate adenoma in men, impotence and prostatitis.
The list of components of bee pollen important for the normalization of human metabolism includes 240 positions. All of them are extremely useful for restoring health and maintaining vitality during periods of illness and off-season.
Indications for use of bee pollen
Regular intake of the product greatly improves well-being. Bee pollen is indispensable in cases when it is necessary to raise the indicators of efficiency and immunity, to feel a noticeable surge of strength and vigor. Its use is also recommended:
- in the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system, including recovery after a heart attack, with ischemia, heart disease, myocardial dystrophy and cardioneurosis,
- for a mild reduction in blood pressure,
- with anemia,
- with pathologies in the activity of the digestive system (ulcerative lesions of the duodenum and stomach, chronic gastritis with increased acidity of the gastric juice, diarrhea and constipation, diseases of the liver and gall bladder),
- for the treatment of skin diseases,
- in case of malfunction of the body’s immune system,
- to facilitate recovery from acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory viral infections, influenza and other respiratory diseases, including asthma,
- in preparation for pregnancy,
- to improve the genitourinary system of men and women,
- при мигренях и головокружениях,
- для очищения сосудов от холестериновых бляшек и профилактики атеросклероза,
- to normalize lipid metabolism,
- to maintain the activity of the nervous system, including during neurosis, increased loads and stress, during the period of depression,
- as part of diets for weight loss and weight loss.
Pollen is often used to restore vision and prevent retinal damage with age. It helps to improve the blood supply to the eyes and prevents the development of disorders in its functioning.
Bee pollen is one of the few hypoallergenic bee products and can be used during pregnancy and lactation. It is necessary as a natural beneficial agent for restoring the balance of nutrients in a woman’s body during beriberi, and serves to increase milk production. In some cases, the product is able to completely replace the pharmaceutical vitamin complexes.
A warning: It is permissible to decide on the replacement of pharmacological agents prescribed during pregnancy only with a gynecologist.
The use of pollen for medicinal purposes
The basic course of receiving funds is made for 30 days, it can be repeated up to 3 times per calendar year:
- in October it is used to strengthen the immune status,
- January is repeated to prevent colds,
- in April, it is necessary to prevent the onset of symptoms of avitaminosis.
Start taking bee pollen with a small amount. In the first days of the course, use no more than half the dose of the drug according to any prescription. At occurrence of the slightest suspicion on an allergy, the use of pollen should be stopped.
The use of bee pollen for the treatment of diabetes
Despite the high sucrose content, the properties of bee pollen make it possible in most situations to use it to relieve diabetes. Of course, before taking the mixture on the basis of this product, you need to get expert advice. Independent cancellation of drugs prescribed by a doctor when taking pollen is unacceptable.
Pollen antioxidants help reduce blood sugar levels. The beneficial effect of the product in diabetes is also provided by a high content of thiamine and nicotinic acid, which is especially important in order to prevent the development of common complications: diabetic polyneuropathy, microangiopathy.
For the treatment of diabetes, it is necessary to use dried and ground into powder or fresh pollen. Keep it on the tongue until complete dissolution, not swallowing. An obnozhka applied on 1 tsp. in the morning with standard courses for 30 days without a break, three times a year, unless otherwise advised by a doctor.
It is useful to combine products to enhance their therapeutic effect: to share the pollen of certain plant species (for example, pine with flower). The simultaneous reception of propolis helps to avoid the development of diabetic nephropathy and other problems in the work of the kidneys.
It is especially important in diabetes to strictly observe the frequency of courses and not to miss them, to prevent interruptions. In this case, a lasting healing effect is achieved.
Use of bee pollen during pregnancy and lactation
The daily dose of bee pollen during pregnancy should not exceed 14-20 g. In the last trimester, it is necessary to reduce or completely eliminate the product from the diet, since it can cause an increase in uterine tone.
You can take the drug once in the morning or divided into two doses in the morning (before breakfast and lunch). The course of use lasts 21 days, after which you need to take a break. Crumb pollen is dissolved in a glass of boiled water or absorbed in the mouth - so the product is absorbed better.
The use of bee pollen in childhood
The use of pollen for the treatment and rehabilitation of the body of children should be coordinated with the pediatrician. Before taking pollen for a long time, it is important to eliminate the risk of an allergic reaction to the product. The daily dose is:
- 4 g for babies aged 3-5 years,
- 8 g for a child 6-12 years old
- 12 g for schoolchildren from the age of 13 to age of majority.
In the question of how to take bee pollen in childhood, you should completely trust the specialist and avoid making independent decisions.
Recipe tonic with butter and honey
Bee pollen must be grinded with a coffee grinder and grind the resulting powder with a small amount of oil and fresh honey. The drug is taken on an empty stomach in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast, dissolving it in the mouth until completely dissolved.
Recipe composition for the treatment of hypertension in the initial stage of development
Products according to the recipe are mixed in equal proportions, carefully fray the composition. The drug is taken three times a day for 1 tsp. just before the meal. The course of treatment is carried out for 21 days, after which it is necessary to take a break for a fortnight and repeat the procedure.
Recipe means to combat liver diseases of various etiologies
Warm boiled water
Fresh honey and pollen combine, rubbing food in equal proportions, diluted in a small amount of liquid and take 1 des. l three times a day shortly before the meal. In the process of receiving with good tolerability of the drug, the volume of the drug is increased to 1 tbsp. l., using with the same frequency.
A warning: To reduce pain in the right hypochondrium, improve appetite and normalize bilirubin parameters, a long course of pollen administration is required (up to 2-3 months). The choice of this method of treatment must be approved by the attending physician.
Features of the choice of quality bee pollen
The beneficial properties of bee pollen largely depend on the quality and freshness of the product. It should be purchased at specialized sales outlets: at farmers' fairs, apiaries, as well as from trusted individuals.
You can check the quality of the polishing, focusing on its appearance:
- at the time of the collection of bees mature pollen differs bright pronounced color,
- non-uniform shade of pollen grains indicates its naturalness,
- dried pollen sold during cold periods of the year loses brightness and becomes faded.
At an apiary located near highways, industrial enterprises or large agricultural areas, the product may be contaminated with herbicides, pesticides, fertilizer particles, heavy metals and other poisons. To use for the treatment of pollen collected by bees in ecologically unfavorable terrain, is dangerous to health, it can cause poisoning of the body.
Freshly harvested pollen contains up to 30% of water, therefore it needs drying no later than 24 hours after collection:
- Natural drying consists in folding the pollen in an even layer no thicker than 0.2 cm on clean paper. It is covered with gauze to avoid the ingress of debris and insects and mixed 3 times a day. The air in the room should be dry and warm, it is necessary to organize sufficient ventilation and protection of the product from direct sunlight.
- Long-term storage of pollen requires its pre-drying in special cabinets at a temperature not exceeding 40 ° C. Such equipment can be made independently, it allows you to significantly speed up the process and increase the amount of pollen processed, while maintaining its natural color.
- A modern method of drying pollen is the use of wooden hulls with infrared sources placed under their covers.
Dried bee pollen forms dense peas that produce a knock on contact with a solid surface. Before packing, it is sieved, and then poured into glass jars that have been sterilized, which are tightly closed and cleaned when cold.
Often there is the opinion that dry pollen can be used up to 2 years without losing its properties, although in practice it begins to lose them after 6 months. Do not plan to store the product for more than a year.