This type of mushroom is unpretentious. Occurs in the forests of Western and Eastern Europe, the Far East, the North Caucasus, Siberia, the European part of Russia, and the Urals. Most often comes across in glades, meadows, in wet coniferous forests, in ravines and along the edges of wetlands. It grows like boars, in small groups, but after heavy rains large families can appear.
Among mushrooms is the champion of wormy. Even with a clean cut, the cap may be affected by worms. Therefore, it is not very popular for collecting.
In regions with a temperate climate, the main fruiting period begins in June and ends in October.
The lattice has a convex, and at a more mature age, a flatter hat with a diameter of 5-10 cm. Its surface is shiny, fleshy in dry weather, slippery and sticky in rainy. Coloring the cap, depending on weather conditions, can be:
- reddish brown
- reddish brown
- light yellow with a brown tint
- yellowish brown,
The leg is cylindrical, dull, dense, 5-10 cm tall. Often curved and narrowed to the bottom, smooth to the touch. Usually the same color with a cap or slightly lighter, at the base - yellow.
The tubular layer is tightly attached to the cap, not separated from it. Color depends on the age of the goatling. In a young mushroom, the tubular color is light yellow, in the mature one it darkens to brown shades.
The flesh is thick, yellowish or brown, a little red on the break. There is no strong smell.
Milky juice mushroom does not emit. Spores are reddish-olive, brown-yellowish, yellowish or gray-yellowish at a young age, later becoming bright yellow, then brown and large.
Useful properties and contraindications
Goat - an edible mushroom, having in its composition a variety of nutrients:
- B vitamins,
- Vitamin PP and D,
- vitamin C,
- complex of valuable amino acids, including histidine, arginine, tryptophan, methionine.
Despite its small size, there is a large amount of fatty acids - omega-6, linoleic, oleic, palmitic. Its systematic and correct consumption will allow:
- Intensify immunity. The protective functions of the body are increased by filling it with ascorbic acid. As a result, cells become stronger, healthier and successfully repel virus attacks.
- Remove inflammation. The use of a goat meat normalizes the water balance, lymph outflow and blood circulation, which will contribute to the treatment of angina and bronchitis.
- Normalize the work of the digestive tract. When using the fungus, the condition improves with colitis and gastritis. Helps the intestines cleanse toxins and improve the absorption of nutrients.
- Prevent tumors. Contributes to the removal from the body of heavy metal salts, toxins and radionuclides. As a result, the probability of occurrence of various formations in the body is reduced.
- Lose weight. Ivanchik is a low-calorie mushroom, but at the same time it quickly dulls the feeling of hunger. When it is consumed, overeating is excluded and safe carbohydrates, which are not converted to fat, enter the body. It helps to remove toxins from the intestines and speed up metabolic processes.
- Restore the work of the cardiovascular system. The goat helps in the process of cleaning vessels from slags and "bad" cholesterol. This prevents the formation of blood clots with plaques and injury to the walls of blood vessels. As a result, the risk of myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis, rheumatism and other heart damage is reduced.
It also has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. Therefore, it can be used fresh, in cases of possible injuries with bleeding.
The fungus has almost no contraindications, but it is necessary to limit or eliminate its use in case of problems with the pancreas or a violation of bile secretion. Do not eat old and overgrown mushrooms, they can cause poisoning. Children under 3 years of age should not use mushrooms.
Preliminarily, it is necessary to go over the mushrooms, clean the foliage, rinse, and then soak in it for about 30 minutes.
Kozlyak salt, pickled, dried, fried. To dry the collected mushrooms must be inspected, worms removed, hang in the sun. Also, this procedure is easy to do at home. To do this, spread the cooked product on a baking sheet and every day for 7 days to dry for 30- 60 minutes in the oven at about 70 degrees. A prerequisite is the intake of air, contributing to the evaporation of moisture released by fungi. It is not necessary to cut them into pieces. After drying, you can grind and use mushroom powder for making gravy, sauces, soups, mashed potatoes. In this process, the flesh darkens. During heat treatment, they are painted in purple color.
For marinating it is necessary to prepare: 1 kilogram of fresh mushrooms, 3 cloves, 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar, 3-4 teaspoons of salt, 2-3 cloves of garlic, bay leaf, some black peppercorns, dried dill, 3 tablespoons of 9% vinegar. First you need to sort them out, rinse in several waters, boil for about 15 minutes, rinse again. Next, put them in clean water, lay all the prepared ingredients, except vinegar. After boiling boil for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vinegar. Transfer the finished product to sterilized jars and roll up the lids.
If there is a desire to taste fresh mushrooms, then it is recommended to boil them in salted water for about 20 minutes, and then, if desired, fry with onions or green onions. This tubular mushroom is very “sensitive” to radiation and various contaminants. It absorbs all harmful substances and toxins from the air. Therefore, it can not be collected in the immediate vicinity of industrial enterprises and roads.
Category: Pen rascher 02
Most often, the goat fungus (Latin Suillus bovinus) is referred to in the everyday speech of mushroom pickers as a goatling. This tubular edible mushroom from the genus of Butchers and the Boletov family (lat. Boletaceae) grows almost everywhere in the forest belt of our country, and its description is known even to beginning mushroom pickers.
Unlike many other types of mushrooms, the goatling does not have false representatives, which makes its collection very convenient.
Kozlyak is also called a flywheel, a mokhovnik or a mshornik. This fairly common mushroom has a convex or pillow-shaped, and sometimes a flat-convex cap with a diameter of 3.5-11.5 cm. The cap surface is usually smooth, with a slight stickiness. Depending on the growing conditions, the cap may be glossy or have a relatively pronounced mucus content.
Coloring caps may vary. The most frequent options are:
- reddish brown coloring,
- yellowish brown,
- light yellow with a brown tint
- reddish brown
On the cap there is a characteristic peel, which is difficult to remove from the surface.
Mushroom pulp is characterized by a dense and elastic consistency. In overripe specimens, some resilience of the pulp may be observed. The main staining of the fruit body is pale yellow or light yellow. Leg pulp may have a reddish, brownish or brownish tint. A distinctive feature is the tendency of the pulp of the leg to redness at the cut. The smell is not too pronounced, mushroom.
Goat Mushrooms: the collection (now know)
The relatively high leg has a diameter of not more than 20 mm. It is solid, cylindrical, often curved or narrowed down. The consistency of the leg is dense. The surface is smooth, without gloss. A distinctive feature is the possibility of deformation and cracking of the cap in overgrown specimens. Hymenophore on the inside of a tubular cap, similar in appearance to a sponge, represented by an abundance of yellowish or olive tubules with angular and irregular pores.
Where do kids grow
Thanks to the tubular layer under the cap, the mushroom “goat” received another popular name - lattice. In some areas, it is referred to as a cow mushroom, cow or swamp mushroom, as well as dry oil can.
Most often, the "goat" edible is found in wet coniferous forests and forest belts with swampy areas. Often goat grows along the roads. This mushroom is widely spread in almost all regions of our country, including the territory of Siberia and the Urals.
As a rule, “kids” grow as much as boletus, in whole groups, but there are also single specimens. The peak of fruiting falls in the middle of summer. Depending on weather conditions, mushroom picking can be done until the last decade of September or mid-October.
Benefit and harm
Kozlyak is among the edible mushrooms of the third category and in nutritional value, as well as taste indicators, only slightly inferior to oils. For the "kids" is not characteristic of a very pronounced mushroom taste and aroma, so they are recommended to be cooked with other mushrooms.
In the mushroom pulp contains a number of essential amino acids. Fruit bodies are rich in glycogen, lecithin and tryptophan, and also contain significant amounts of carotene, phosphates, and vitamins from groups B, PP, and D.
With proper heat treatment, amino acid digestibility is three-quarters of the total. Fats contained in the fruit bodies, are absorbed almost completely. We should not forget that the goat is a source of phosphorus, and is also capable of exerting an antimicrobial effect. False mushrooms "kids" do not exist, and twins of this species are too pronounced differences, so poisoning occurs very rarely.
How to cook
Cooking goat is not difficult. After heat treatment, the flesh becomes mauve, which must be taken into account in the cooking process. "Kids" rightfully belong to the category of universal mushrooms. They can not only be used for the preparation of first and second courses, but also harvested for the winter period by means of drying, pickling and salting.
In the opinion of mushroom pickers, the goat to taste is similar to a butter dish, therefore it can be used in the preparation of similar dishes:
- as a rule, the youngest are used for pickling and marinating, with the strongest hat possible,
- dry hat "kids" does not allow it to settle on the plant forest debris, so clean them quite easily and quickly,
- to make cleaning even easier, it is recommended to soak the mushrooms in water for a few minutes,
- if it is intended to dry the mushrooms, the cleaning is carried out in a dry way, without soaking,
- drying of mushroom caps cut into plates can be carried out in a well-ventilated room or in an oven, at a temperature of 70 ° C,
- well-dried mushrooms of this type are excellent for preparing mushroom powder and the subsequent flavoring of first and second courses with it,
- It is recommended to boil the mushrooms for 10-15 minutes before cooking soups, for further stewing and frying.
Description and useful properties of the fungus
Many fans of quiet hunting believe that the lowest plant kids are a kind of oil. They have many similarities. In addition, kids are similar to the flywheels. In different regions of our country, I refer to this representative of the forest in my own way. Kozlyak, lath, Ivanchik, dry butterdish, cow and a number of other items belong to the same product.
Mushroom goat to taste like a butter dish, while these gourmets are able to feel the difference between them. The goat has a smaller size than a flywheel or oil can. The cap of the described plant grows no more than 9 cm in diameter, its upper surface is dry. During the rain, the upper body of the fungus becomes slippery, at the moment the goat is more difficult to distinguish from the oil. The leg of the cow is tall, reaching 10-11 cm. It is cylindrical, with a cap it has some narrowing.
How to distinguish the goat mushroom (video)