The site provides background information. Adequate diagnosis and treatment of the disease are possible under the supervision of a conscientious physician.
Goji berries - Today it is to some extent a trend among people seeking to maintain and improve health. There is a lot of talk about these fruits on the Internet, they sell well, often at fabulous prices, they are credited with many effects, often on the verge of fantasy. Let's try to objectively figure out what kind of plant it is, how it acts on the human body, to whom and how it should be taken.
Goji Berries is a brand name. But he has many synonyms: the plant is also called the Tibetan barberry, Chinese dereza, wolf berries (Wolfberry), Lycium Barbarum (Berbers dereza). It belongs to the family of the nightshade, being a "relative" of such crops as potatoes, tomatoes, tobacco, beladonna, chili.
And if you go deeper into botany, it turns out that goji berries do not grow on one, but on two types of plants, however, very close to each other: Lycium Barbarum (Berders Dereza) and Lycium Chinense (Chinese Deresa). These are woody perennials that can reach heights of 1 to 3 meters. Their homeland is Asia.
Traditionally, the Lycium Chinense tree grows in the south of China and has a lower height, and the Lycium Barbarum grows in the north and is taller.
Depending on the climate and landscape, the Tibetan barberry blooms in the Northern Hemisphere from June to September. And the goji berries themselves appear from August to October. These are small oval fruits that have a bright orange-red color. Inside there are small seeds.
Although goji berries and called wolf berries (in fact, this is not the name of a particular type of plant, but a collective term), they are not poisonous. In China, for thousands of years they are grown, harvested, dried and added to food, used in traditional medicine.
The use of goji berries in traditional and traditional medicine
In ancient China, goji berries, like many other plants, were actively used to treat diseases of the liver, kidneys, spine, joints, as a tonic and tonic remedy.
In Europe and America, goji berries began to gain popularity only in the 21st century. They were presented in different ways: as a means for losing weight, preventing cancer, even as a universal panacea for all diseases. They were associated with the secrets of famous Chinese long-livers.
Today, quite a lot of research has already been done, based on which we can talk about the main biologically valuable components and the associated effects of goji berries. Currently, the fruits of dried Tibetan barberry are part of dietary supplements, are widely represented in health food stores.
Properties of goji berries and biologically active substances that are included in their composition
Goji berries contain 11 macroelements (minerals that are found in the body in large quantities) and 22 trace elements (minerals that the body needs in microdoses).
The main minerals found in goji berries:
- The main cation (positively charged ion), which is inside the cells and ensures their normal excitability.
- Participates in the maintenance of osmotic blood pressure.
- Participates in maintaining normal water and acid-base balance.
- It is necessary for the normal functioning of the muscles, heart, brain.
- The main positively charged ion contained in the blood and extracellular fluid.
- It plays a crucial role in maintaining the osmotic pressure of the blood.
- Participates in maintaining the normal pH of the blood.
- Together with potassium, it provides normal excitability and cell function.
- Helps sugars, amino acids and negatively charged molecules to pass through cell membranes.
- Takes part in the formation of gastric juice, activates it.
- Helps transfer carbon dioxide in the blood from cells to the lungs.
- The most important component of teeth and bones, ensuring their strength.
- Essential for normal muscle contraction and heart function.
- Ensures the normal conduct of nerve impulses between nerve cells.
- Takes part in the blood coagulation process.
- Included in the most important enzymes.
- It is necessary to conduct nerve impulses, maintain a constant rhythm of heart contractions.
- Needed for brain function.
- Contributes to lower blood pressure.
- Participates in the production of energy in the cells.
- Part of the hemoglobin red blood cells, it is necessary for the transfer of blood oxygen.
- It is part of some important enzymes.
- Included in some important enzymes.
- It promotes better digestion of proteins and carbohydrates with food.
- Participates in the formation of bones, ligaments, tendons, cartilage.
- Promotes hemoglobin synthesis and the formation of red blood cells.
- A positive effect on the condition of the skin, blood vessels.
- It is part of some important enzymes and activates others.
- Takes part in protein synthesis.
- Actively involved in metabolism.
- Included in the composition of about 300 enzymes.
- It has a positive effect on cell multiplication and growth.
- It has a positive effect on reproductive function (especially necessary for men).
- Takes part in blood formation, growth of nails and hair.
The composition of goji berries includes 18 amino acids, including the essential ones: valine, leucine, methionine, phenylalanine, isoleucine, lysine, tryptophan, threonine. They cannot be synthesized by the body, or they can, but in minimal, insufficient quantities. Therefore, essential amino acids must constantly come from food.
The main functions of amino acids:
- Their main role is that they are able to join into chains and form proteins. Which, as we know, are the basis of life.
- Some amino acids play the role of mediators, transmitting impulses between nerve cells.
- During intense physical exertion, amino acids become a source of energy for muscle tissue.
- Amino acids themselves are able to activate the metabolism, improve the absorption of minerals and vitamins.
Goji berries contain 6 vitamins: C, E, B1, B2, B6, B12. According to some data, the content of individual vitamins in goji fruits is many times higher than their content in citrus fruits.
The value of vitamins contained in goji berries:
Goji berries. Application. How to use?
Dear readers, today we will continue the conversation about goji berries. We will talk about the use of goji berries for our health. In the previous article, we met with these miraculous fruits and learned about how rich their composition was, talking about the benefits and harms of goji berries. The popularity of goji berries is largely due to our constant desire to find some wonderful tool that would solve if not all, then many health problems.
Of course, there is no panacea for all diseases, but, knowing the beneficial properties of specific products, you can successfully and most importantly, you can effectively use them. Goji berries are one of such products. Using them to positively affect health is fully justified; you could understand this from my previous article.
Today goji berries in our latitudes is not difficult to find. The reason for this is, again, a very popular popularity, which gave rise to quite logical demand. So buy goji berries - no problem. But bringing the coveted bag with berries home, you need to know what to take off to do. Here we will talk about this today and learn some recipes with goji berries for our health.
Goji berries. Properties and method of use
The use of goji berries is able to benefit the body - this fact was confirmed even by scientists. Their rich composition was studied by physicians, which made it possible to assert that goji berries indeed have beneficial properties, and their use for health promotion is fully justified.
- Goji berries have a tonic, antioxidant effect.
- They perfectly tone up, strengthen immunity,
- Normalize pressure
- Benefit the circulatory system
- Normalize cholesterol and blood sugar,
- Beneficial effect on vision
- Support the work of the kidneys and liver.
- But especially goji berries are valued for their anti-aging effect.
- And the prevention of cancer.
- Often they are used in order to tone up the body, give vitality and energy.
Goji berries. How much to use?
Every day, you can eat 15-45g of dried goji berries. This is about a full teaspoon. This is quite enough for a healing effect. And how to use - the choice is yours. The easiest way - the use of berries in its pure form - just eat a handful, it is both tasty and healthy. If you simply don’t like chewing dried berries, try soaking them in room temperature water for a few minutes.
Goji Berry Smoothie
If you want something more refined, you can make a delicious and healthy smoothie. Take a tablespoon of berries, banana, strawberries or any other fruit, 200 ml of kefir or yogurt, whisk everything in a blender and get a tasty, nutritious and healthy breakfast plus a full day's energy. You can add ice cubes. Do not forget to use beautiful tall glasses and decorate such a smoothie with a sprig of mint, a slice of lemon and just some kind of berry. Also, I suggest you prepare other recipes smoothies for health and weight loss.
Goji berry tea
Another common option for eating berries is tea or infusion over the years of goji. Put 1 tbsp of fruit in a thermos or regular teapot and pour boiling water over it. Let it brew for half an hour and enjoy a healthy drink. Used berries do not need to throw away, they too can be eaten just like that, or by adding to porridge.
If the taste of tea with goji berries is not quite familiar to you, you can brew them along with the usual brewing.
Goji Berries Refreshing Cocktail
If you are a fan of something extravagant, the soul asks for creativity - try a cocktail with goji berries. We take mint leaves, one and a half tablespoons of goji berries, 2 peeled kiwis, 1 peeled orange and grapefruit juice. We mix everything in a blender, add ice if desired, and the original, and most importantly, healthy drink is ready.
Goji Berry Salad
The recipe for a light and healthy salad will surely surprise your guests. It can be served at the festive table, as a useful alternative to the usual snacks or as a dessert.
Take 3 tablespoons of goji berries, 2 apples, 3 cups of peeled walnuts and some pine nuts and sunflower seeds. All you need is to cut the apples into small cubes and mix all the ingredients. You can fill the salad with a tablespoon of low-fat yogurt or kefir, although the salad is quite tasty without dressing. By the way, you can add any fruit to the salad to taste and vary the ingredients. Do not miss this recipe. I advise from the heart.
Goji Berry Wine
According to Chinese healers, this wine is able to increase male and female libido and, oddly enough, to get rid of the problem of watery eyes. To prepare the drink, you will need 25-50 g of goji berries and 0.5 liters of red dry wine. Pour berries with wine, cork tightly and put in a dark place for a couple of months. Daily intake of the drink - no more than 100 ml.
In general, goji berries can be added to cereals, soups, pastries, stews and salads. Field for fantasy - not limited.
Goji berries. How to choose and where to buy?
To begin, let's talk about how to choose goji berries. As we already know, goji berries are a foreign product. The highest quality berries are supplied to us from China and Tibet. It is there, filled with a special climate, and, if you like, philosophy, the berries acquire special healing properties. There are analogues from other countries, but in such cases there are more chances to get a fake or low-quality goods. So in the country of origin it is better to look for China or Tibet.
Another pitfall is the long transportation of berries. To preserve the appearance of the fruit and often treated with preservatives (usually E-220). The manufacturer must indicate this on the packaging. These berries are also undesirable to buy, as a preservative can adversely affect your body, up to a possible poisoning. And be guided by the price. It is better to pay more for a better and fresher product.
Where to buy goji berries?
Today you can meet berries on the shelves of supermarkets, in pharmacies and even on the market. But I stress once again - be careful with the choice. Pay attention to the appearance of the berries. Fruits must be red in color, with no visible flaws or damage. Another option is ordering berries via the Internet, today there are more than enough offers on the net. You can buy goji berries here http://ufeelgood.ru/ When choosing goji berries in the online store, pay attention to its reputation, customer reviews and the cost of the goods.
Goji berries. Price.
I buy goji berries on the market from a trusted person. Where I buy spices (they are sold in wooden piles). A package of goji berries 400 grams we have is 300 - 350 rubles. Also I buy sometimes in a pharmacy. The price is about the same or slightly more expensive.
Good luck to you with health benefits!
And for the soul, we will listen today SECRET GARDEN - Song For A New Beginning (Winter Poem) How everything is unusually soulful, so beautiful ... Do not miss the mood. I have already written about the music of this amazing duet on my blog. If you want to hear the secret garden of the soul of the SECRET GARDEN group, I invite you to touch it and my thoughts ....
A botanical plant has a completely different name - Dereza ordinary. The average shrub grows on 3-4 meters, has thorny branches, oblong leaves and purple-pink flowers resembling bells. It is completely unpretentious and is often used to create compositions in landscape design.
Juice culture has excellent tonic properties. Many gardeners grow a plant in their area. It is not only an ornament, but it gives a rich harvest, by selling which, you can earn good money.
Calorie and chemical composition
The chemical composition of the culture is rich in vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Culture includes:
- vitamins C, E, PP and group B,
- calcium, phosphorus, zinc, cobalt, iron, selenium, potassium,
- mono- and polysaccharides,
Undoubtedly, goji berries have beneficial properties and contraindications. Let us dwell on how culture affects the human body:
- antioxidant elements slow down the aging process,
- the fruits help stabilize blood pressure,
- thanks to beta-sitosterol, blood cholesterol levels are reduced,
- improves the progress of stage 1 diabetes,
- converts food into energy, which is very important for losing weight,
- Dereza relieves dizziness, migraines, atherosclerosis,
- normalizes the cardiovascular system,
- improves vision and prevents eye diseases from developing,
- promotes the release of testosterone, increases libido,
- helps the youth hormone to remain active, improves sleep and memory,
- thanks to the mineral germanium, the growth of cancer cells is inhibited, the growth of new cells is stimulated,
- culture is often used in the treatment of inflammation, with their help the kidneys work is normalized, the digestive system functions better,
- the fruits are used to treat certain female diseases, in the period of menopause,
- due to the chemical composition of the culture, blood is renewed,
- It fights stress well.
This way of making fruits is more common. This is because fresh fruits are quite difficult to find. Also, eating fresh fruit can adversely affect the work of the stomach, causing nausea or vomiting. Dry fruits are absolutely safe.
Dereza ordinary can be used as dried fruits: if desired, they soften beforehand in hot water. They are excellent seasoning for rice, oatmeal and soups.
One of the popular methods of using barbarum is its brewing. First you need to rinse the berries thoroughly, then pour boiling water over it.
Usually, 250 ml of water take 1 tbsp. spoonful of wolfberry. Tea must be infused for half an hour. Before taking a drink, you can add lemon juice to it. To enhance the effect of berries, it is recommended not only to drink tea, but also to eat dry berries.
Harmful properties and contraindications
Goji berries can be both good and bad. Before you use them, it is important to familiarize yourself with contraindications:
- you can not eat fruits during pregnancy and breastfeeding — they can cause digestive problems, bloating, diarrhea,
- It is forbidden to eat berries to people who are allergic to vegetables and red fruits.
- abdominal pain - it is provoked by preservatives, which are present in the composition of the fruit. Especially dangerous is the E 220,
- insomnia - it is not recommended to use berries if you decide to go to bed: reception contributes to a surge of strength and energy.
If you follow the recommendations and take the fruits correctly, they will not cause any harm to the body.
How to choose and store a medicinal product
It is very important to take seriously the choice of product. PKeep some tips:
- berries should be crumbly, do not stick together,
- on the surface of the fruit should not be glossy plaque,
- the color should be bright
- they shouldn't taste sweet
- the smell of sulfur matches must not come from the product.
Keep them in a clean and dry place. Fruits should not be exposed to direct sunlight or moisture.
Remember that any supplements can affect the body both positively and negatively. Use these products correctly, and you can improve your health.
Goji Berry: composition and beneficial properties
Goji berry is saturated with carbohydrates, fats and proteins, dietary fibers and minerals (in the amount of 21 names, for example, iron, zinc, iodine or germanium against cancer), amino acids (18 names, more than in royal jelly). And also: vitamins of group B, E and C (500 times more than in orange), 4 types of polysaccharides - LBP-1, LBP-2, LBP-3, LBP-4. They are present only in these berries and possess antibiotic, antitumor, antiviral and antidote biological activity, which supplies blood plasma with protein complexes and lipoproteins, which are important for improving the state of the vessels.
Goji (wolfberry) with the presence of polysaccharides is necessary for the prevention of diabetes, urolithiasis and gallstone disease, appendicitis and gastrointestinal diseases, atherosclerosis and tumor pathologies, gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcer and metabolic disorders. And also: to stimulate the motor-secretory and evacuation function of the intestine, excretion of toxic substances and carcinogens, metabolic products and cholesterol, heavy metals and radionuclides from the body. With the help of goji polysaccharides, as food for saprophytic microflora in the large intestine, the optimal composition and viability of the large intestine is maintained. Berry compounds are capable of blocking DNA replication in cancer cells.
The healing properties of Tibetan barberry:
So, goji berry or Tibetan barberry:
- Provides the human body with essential vitamins.
- Protects against cancer, drives away the blues and melancholy.
- Increases the potency of men and helps the body of a man in the development of sperm.
- Improves metabolism in all cells of the body, including skin, improving skin condition.
-Prevents premature aging and has anti-aging effect.
- Normalizes sleep and relieves insomnia.
Improves melatonin levels, increases stamina and restores strength.
- Improves the condition of the lymph nodes, brain and spinal cord.
- Increases athletes tone.
- Rejuvenates the intestines, which eliminates the use, harmful for microflora, colonotherapy.
- Develops a substance in the body to aggravate the growth of cancer - gammainterferon. It kills cancer cells and helps to cure cancer.
- Contributes to the normal course of pregnancy and gestation.
- Burns fat in obesity, controls appetite and weight.
- Stabilizes the work of the heart muscle and brain.
- Restores the damaged structure of DNA molecules.
-Increases the energy of a person many times.
Traditional medicine uses goji berries to treat:
- Articulations, anemia and back pain.
-Sight, frigidity and impotence.
-Cool and respiratory diseases, tonsillitis, nasopharynx.
Hypertension and hypotension
- Violations of the intestinal microflora and gastrointestinal diseases.
The use of Tibetan barberry in medicine in different countries
Chinese doctors use lotions from the bark of the trunks to treat inflammation of the eyes, from wood and the bark of the roots - they prepare astringents and anti-cancer drugs, to stimulate respiration. Poultice and compresses from the decoction of young shoots applied to fractures and dislocations.
Bulgarian medicine from the root and bark of the goji prepare preparations for diseases of the liver, kidneys, radiculitis and for gallstones.
Polish medicine uses leaves to treat diseases of the liver and stomach, from vitamin deficiency and to stop bleeding.
German doctors boil and insist goji for the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, throat and mouth, lungs, and open wounds.
Austrian doctors make drugs from the roots, bark and goji fruit from diseases of the gallbladder and liver, beriberi.
In France, Tibetan barberry berries are used as a bactericidal, antihypertensive and antifebrile agent.
In the USA, liver diseases are treated and used for GIT tone, especially during radiation therapy and for a beneficial effect on the nervous and circulatory systems.
Goji berries: collection and drying
When harvesting berries can not touch their hands without gloves, because they are poisonous and cause skin burns as a result of an oxidative reaction. It is recommended to stretch the fabric under a tree or bush and shake off the ripe fruit with sticks or special tools.
The branches have thorns, so they are taken with the help of special tongs.
Goji must be dried in the shade. Dry goji become completely safe and have a sweet-salty taste, sometimes sour.
Goji: infusions and decoctions for health promotion
Infusion of goji berries: dried berries (1 tbsp. l.) pour boiling water in a thermos (1 tbsp.). After half an hour, filter and drink half a glass or 1/3 3 times a day. Berries - can be eaten.
Infusion of the cortex: Goji bark (25 g) insist in boiling water (400 ml) in a thermos - 4 hours. After filtration, take 100 ml 4 times a day for 30-45 days for hepatitis, cholecystitis, inflammation of the kidneys and bladder.
Infusion of goji leaves: leaves - 25 g insist in a thermos (200 ml) for 1 hour. Drink 1 tbsp. l 4-5 times a day - 2-4 weeks as an anti-inflammatory and choleretic agent. We treat the liver and gallbladder.
Broth: bark - 10 g and roots - 15 g filled with cold water - 300 ml and cook in the bath - 30 minutes. Cool, filter and add boiled water. Drink 50 ml three times a day for gallstone disease, fever, postpartum uterine bleeding and inflammation. We wash the wounds, ulcers and inflamed mucous membrane of the eye.
Broth: Goji flowers - we boil 25 g in 300 ml of water for 10 minutes, leave for 2 hours, filter. Accept 2 tsp. 2-3 times a day for heart pain, hypertension, fever and hepatocholecystitis.
Infusion (1:10) taken from the fruit to improve appetite, strengthen the blood vessels capillaries, from gastritis with the presence of low acidity of gastric juice, thirst quenching in patients with fever, as an anti-sclerotic agent.
It is contraindicated to use tinctures goji during pregnancy, delay in the uterus of the child's seat, bleeding due to ovarian dysfunction. Berries
What are Goji berries and where they grow
Goji - this is the berries, whose name refers to the common, and the correct terminology - Tibetan barberry and Chinese dereza. Interesting facts are that Chinese goji berries grow on different woody shrubs: Berber tree fruit (Lycium Barbarum) and Chinese wood tree (Lycium Chinense). Dereza Berbers is grown in the north of China and has a larger size, and Dereza Chinese inhabits areas of the south of the country.
The plant is a member of the family Solanaceae and grows up to 3-4 m. The bush is distinguished by thorny falling branches covered with oblong leaves. From June to September (depending on the climatic zone) the tree species is covered with bell-shaped pink-purple flowers.
Oval fruits of defiant orange color appear on the plant in August-October. They are juicy, with small seeds inside. Berries are sweet and salty with sourish smack. To see how fresh goji berries look like, you don’t need to go to China: they are in our country. But in Russia, Chinese dereza is rarely grown; dried goji berries brought from eastern countries reach consumers.
Although Dereza has up to 40 varieties, Goji fruits grown on plantations in the highlands of Tibet and the Himalayas are distinguished by their healing properties. In other regions, the Tibetan barberry contains a lower concentration of nutrients.
A characteristic feature of the shrub is the presence of poisonous alkaloids, like other representatives of the nightshade. During the gathering of the berries, dark spots remain on the fingers due to oxidative reactions, so the fruits are shaken off the fabric so as not to touch them.
Other useful ingredients
Properties of goji berries are associated with the presence of a number of important substances. It:
- sugars that strengthen the vascular walls, normalize pressure, support the work of the immune system, cause stress resistance,
- polyunsaturated fatty acids necessary for the cardiovascular system, they protect against atherosclerosis and inhibit inflammation,
- phytosterols reduce the risk of diabetes and atherosclerosis,
- carotenoids, which are powerful antioxidants that slow down the course of aging,
- phenols also exhibiting antioxidant activity.
Goji berries useful properties
With the composition of the fruit, which is well studied, they are associated with properties useful for the body. They help fight a variety of ailments, but their main effect is tonic, tonic and antioxidant. In addition, the "overseas product"
- strengthens the protective barrier of the body, forming a "barrier" for the development of foreign bodies,
- brings the pressure bar back to normal: it is especially useful when blood pressure rises,
- positive effect on the work of the heart and blood vessels
- controls the% ratio of cholesterol and blood sugar,
- favorably affects the improvement of vision
- participates in the prevention of cancer,
- supports the activity of the liver and kidneys.
Benefits for men
If men include Tibetan barberry fruits in their menu, then they will have a stunning effect:
- Erectile dysfunction is partially removed,
- libido increases,
- there is no premature ejaculation
- erection is restored,
- sexual desires increase.
Due to the high nutritional value, endurance increases, so a handful of berries are good before jogging, fitness or heavy physical exertion.
Goji berries tea and drinks
Teas are made not only from the fruit of wolfberry Chinese, there are more complex recipes that include several components:
Recipe N1. The berries are washed and poured boiling water, soaking for half an hour, so that they are infused. For a glass of water take 1 tbsp. l berries Sometimes add lemon juice to taste.
Recipe N2. The composition includes several berries, 3-5 chrysanthemum flowers and 1 tbsp. l black tea. The composition is steamed with boiling water, allowed to stand for 10 minutes and drunk as an ordinary drink.
Recipe N3. Tea "of eight treasures" includes: 4-5 goji berries, walnut, longan, jojoba, a handful of raisins, a spoonful of hawthorn fruit and green tea. The components are mixed and insisted. Drink in small sips, observing the Chinese tea ceremony. Tea is not intended for a wide range of consumers, since most of the ingredients are not so easy to get.
Recipe n4. Goji asai tea is made from small pieces of apple, hibiscus petals. The composition also introduces rose hips, raspberries, pomegranate inflorescences and acai fruit powder, which are famous for their dietary and antioxidant properties. Components brew and insist. This is an extremely healthy drink, it keeps the body healthy.
With colds and high temperatures, some people prefer teas, because the body needs fluids to eliminate toxins. But the use of tea with the fruits of goji is undesirable because it can worsen the condition.
Harm and contraindications
From the fruits of Chinese wolfberry will have to be in the period of pregnancy and lactation: they cause digestive problems, which are accompanied by bloating, diarrhea or constipation. Some people have allergic manifestations of fruits or vegetables of red color, for them Chinese dereza berries are locked up. Children under 3 years of age are not recommended to eat this product.
Side effects develop if low-quality berries are purchased. For long-term storage they are treated with preservatives and one of them: E 220 can cause pain in the abdomen.
You should pay attention to the time of use. It is undesirable to eat fruits in the evening hours, otherwise insomnia is guaranteed. They give vigor and energy, which are extremely undesirable at night.
The positive effect of goji berries on the body is beyond doubt. This is not a panacea for all ills, but an excellent general tonic that will save you from many health problems. But one should not expect a miracle effect from them, but simply take a handful of berries a day and enjoy life and one's excellent well-being.