Recently, among the poultry, guinea fowls have become more common, the breeding and housing of which play an important role at home.
These poultry have little popularity, so not everyone knows about their existence.
How does it look
The guinea fowl resembles broiler chickens in appearance, as seen in the photo.
After the work of breeders between wild and poultry, the quality of guinea fowl, increased body weight, laying eggs.
There are many species of wild birds, but the ancestors of all domestic birds are the guinea fowl. There are about 20 species of royal chickens. Consider in detail the most famous species:
They have a mass of 1.5 kg, and males about 2 kg. Males are very difficult to distinguish from females.
- Gray speckled - the very first breed to spread. The body of the birds is elongated in appearance, with almost no feathering on top, as well as on the head, where there is only a growth of blue tint. There are earrings bright red. Rounded, well developed, wings have stripes. All plumage has white spots. Females weighing a little less males. The only signs are the size of the head, it is larger for the czars, and they have huge earrings,
- Siberian white the breed of guinea fowers is recognized by its white color, which is the main feature of the breed,
The birds of this breed do not practically differ from others, they can tolerate low temperatures well.
- Suede or cream Birds resemble Siberian whites, only differ in coloring of a trunk. The difference is the body weight, they are much smaller. And therefore egg production below. Royal chickens easily get used to different climatic conditions,
- Blue Breed feathered has a bluish color, with white patches on the tails. About one hundred and fifty eggs may be produced annually, the shells of which are particularly strong,
- White-breasted Zagorskaya The breed has a peculiar color. On the body of the bird there are gray specks, and on the chest and abdomen a white spot. A distinctive feature of this species is shaggy plumage. Meat is more similar in productivity to chicken.
Cream or suede birds begin to lay eggs later than other breeds. The reason for this is the lack of fitness of the breed to the cold Russian climate.
What are the advantages of breeding at home
Breeding royal chickens is not only exciting, but also profitable.
After all, they, like chickens, do not require much care, are resistant to diseases, and quickly get used to different climatic conditions. Guinea fowls have several advantages:
- Tasty dietary meat, is in great demand. Breast is the most valuable product
- Huge egg production. One female brings about 150 eggs per year. They are dietary and very healthy, contain carotene, magnesium and manganese,
- Good adaptability to weather conditions. Young animals can withstand temperatures down to -40 °,
- Beautiful appearance. Can serve as an ornament of the yard.
Conditions of detention
Everyone wants to have a healthy brood, perfectly weight gaining chicks and actively rushing guinea fowls. All this can be achieved if the following important conditions are met:
- The place where guinea fowls are kept must be free from drafts,
- Cleaning the house should be done once every 20 days,
- The grid should not have large openings, large divisions. Best of all is a continuous coating so that the birds can move around without breaking their paws,
- Birds of different groups should not be present in one house, they should be kept separately or they should be taught from an early age. Otherwise guinea fowl of mixed breeds can fight
- Tsar's chicken is a free bird, loves a large space. If they are cramped in a chicken coop, the birds will gain a lot of body weight,
- The cage should be on the trough and drinker. It is required that there is always water in the drinker, especially in hot weather,
- There must be a sheltered place in the cage so that the birds can hide from the sun’s rays,
- With an active lifestyle, chickens need to constantly cut the wings so that they could not fly over the fence,
- Special attention and care for guinea fowls should be carried out in the winter. They need to have a dry bedding under their feet. It can be straw, sawdust. Another major factor is long-term coverage.
Small chickens should be fed the first days with egg yolk with finely chopped feathers of green onions. Water needs as much as possible. It is necessary to soak the feed in water so that the chicks do not choke.
Newly hatched chickens love heat.
Therefore, the first days they must be kept under the lamp at t = 35 ° C, but gradually the air temperature can be lowered.
You can feed the birds three times a day, and in general feeders full of food should be available to chicks throughout the day. For the prevention of disease and good growth in the diet of chicks it is necessary to include B vitamins and fish oil.
Diseases of birds and how to deal with them
Guinea fowls are very rarely exposed to various diseases compared to other poultry.
Diseases are possible with improper nutrition, rare cell cleaning. Also, rodents and other poultry are able to transfer harmful microorganisms.
The most common diseases in birds are:
In order not to cause a massive death of the bird, at the first signs of the disease should contact the veterinarian. He prescribes a course of treatment and paints a special dosage. Along with this treatment it is necessary to etch the worms from guinea fowls. And the little chicks should be soldered off in the first days with antimicrobial drugs diluted in water.
Breeding and growing guinea fowls at home is a snap. It is necessary that there were 5 females per 1 male. The male should be older.
The royal bird mates in the free-range, mating facilities occur less frequently.
To breed guinea fowls, it is not required that the male be constantly nearby. Females may carry fertilized eggs for a month afterwards.
Incubation of eggs is almost the same as chicken. The main condition is the presence of high humidity.
Unlike chickens, geese, female guinea fowls themselves do not hover eggs. They can be placed in a nest for evaporation to other poultry. Trouble with chicks will be much less if they are planted to the female.
Breeding guinea fowls in their area will not only serve as a profit, but will be a rather interesting occupation. Since these poultry are unpretentious, special work and care for them is not observed.
But in the end, the royal hens will thank diet eggs and healthy meat. It is better to understand how the guinea fowl looks like, how to arrange a dwelling for them and how to take care of the birds, helps to understand the informative video, it will be especially useful for beginning poultry farmers.
How to properly breed guinea fowls, see the advice of a specialist with experience in the following video:
This powder must be taken by the elderly in order to compensate for the lack of calcium in the body. It also has a beneficial effect on the condition of the hair and makes the skin more elastic.
However, everything should be in moderation. Therefore, in use, breaks are recommended, as excess calcium is just as dangerous as its deficiency.
Dietary and healing qualities
Guinea fowl eggs contain only 42 kcal per 100 grams of the product, which is why they are included in various diets.
Recommended inclusion in the diet with:
- lack of vitamin
- frequent stress
- diseases of the digestive tract,
- while losing weight
- nervous system disorders
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- impaired metabolism
- exhaustion or loss of strength,
- during recovery after surgery.
How to cook?
Unfortunately, many still have prejudices regarding the consumption of raw cesar testicles. If you treat these, then eat boiled, and cook for five minutes longer.
Very tasty sandwiches can be made from boiled eggs.
They are prepared as follows:
- First of all, fry bread.
- Put a leaf of lettuce on it.
- Next, put the celery and one round boiled egg.
- You can decorate with greens.
You can also slice eggs, greens and celery, and then, by mixing these ingredients, spread them on bread.
Application in cosmetology
In this article we have already mentioned the use of the eggshell of this wonderful bird for cosmetic purposes. Now let's look at some recipes in more detail.
If you are not satisfied with the oily shine of your skin, then make a mask that is very simple: yolk and oatmeal. After mixing should make the dough liquid consistency. Next, the mask is applied on the face and aged for about fifteen minutes. Then it needs to be washed off with lukewarm water.
To make the skin elastic, we recommend the following recipe. Beat eggs with yogurt and add a few drops of tocopherol. The resulting mixture is applied to the body. Next you need to wrap cling film and calmly lie down for about twenty minutes. Then you need to remove the wrapper and wash in the shower.
To strengthen the hair you need to prepare a mixture with a bow and apply on the hair, and then rinse with water. Water should be cold, otherwise protein can simply boil and stick to the hair.
These are just some recipes in which hen's eggs are used, which are part of various preparations. Unfortunately, the guinea fowl and its products are still not widespread on the territory of our country, therefore their use is limited. But in any case, they can be an excellent substitute for an ordinary chicken.
Secrets of breeding and keeping guinea fowls at home
Breeding guinea fowls at home is not difficult with proper selection of birds and compliance with the technology of cultivation. Not only experienced poultry farmers can keep and breed guinearrows at home. This business is quite suitable for beginners.