Raspberries are among the favorite berries, and it is not surprising. In addition to the delicate taste and special consistency, it is also endowed with a mass of useful qualities. Most often, the fruits are consumed fresh and the composition of sweet treats. Raspberries love to feast on in the winter due to the special properties to strengthen the immune system. Let's analyze step by step the main value and possible side effects from eating fruits.
- It is based on a large amount of ascorbic acid, and everyone knows that vitamin C acts as a natural antioxidant and immunostimulant.
- Berry has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects. It is taken with a naturally low immunity, bronchitis, pneumonia and other ailments of this kind.
- It contains a lot of antioxidant substances that are necessary for binding heavy metal salts, as well as their removal from the cavity of internal organs.
- Due to the inclusion of pectins, dietary fibers, tannins in the shrub structure, the work of the digestive organs, kidneys, liver, gall bladder is improving.
- Healers who have been using raspberries for many years have identified its main feature. In any form, the berry is useful for fever, because it increases sweating and removes fever.
- By strengthening and cleansing the blood channels, serious diseases like atherosclerosis are being prevented. All this is made possible by splitting cholesterol plaques.
In order to experience all the delights of the berry, as well as to extract only one benefit from its consumption, it is necessary to observe the daily rate. The first acquaintance is carried out, starting with small portions. If the body responds normally, adults can eat up to 2 glasses per day, and children - 160-200 grams. Be sure to consider contraindications.
Useful properties of raspberry leaves
- Not only fruits are taken in food, but also healing broths and teas based on the foliage of the shrub. In them, the content of ascorbic acid significantly exceeds the indices of vitamin C, for example, in citrus fruits or currants. In addition, the leaves are famous for their tonic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- To carry out the usual strengthening of immunity, to overcome chronic fatigue, to contribute to a better body resistance to viruses, drink tea on the foliage twice a day.
- During the spread of SARS or influenza, it is necessary to prepare strong decoctions on the leaves and fresh (or dried) fruits of raspberry. Such tools are also effective in vitamin deficiency and in the offseason.
- For the best removal of sputum from the cavity of the respiratory tract, it is necessary to prepare decoctions of leaves, fruits, roots or twigs of the shrub.
- If you use tea with high blood pressure, you will increase the excretion of urine and reduce the performance. Raspberries also have a beneficial effect on the health of diabetics, reducing the concentration of sugar in the blood.
- To cope with skin problems or deprive, you need to cook gruel based on fresh foliage of raspberry bush. This tool also effectively eliminates acne.
- To improve the condition of the hair, its moisturizing and nutrition, fight with dandruff and seborrhea, it is necessary to rinse the shock with decoction of raspberry leaves after each shampooing.
Useful properties of raspberry branches
- Tea is made from branches, which is useful for the treatment and prevention of colds, pneumonia, chronic bronchitis, tonsillitis, asthma, and flu.
- Also, this drink strengthens the immune system and removes excess water. Against the background of the latter quality, swelling of the limbs is significantly reduced, fatigue and heaviness in the legs disappear.
- To cope with a strong cough, speed up sputum discharge, relieve pain and sore throat, make tea. To do this, 6 large branches chop, brew 500 ml. boiling water and insist half a day.
- If you experience flu or the first signs of a cold, make a decoction. Crush the twigs, measure half of the handful and mix with 0.2 l. boiling water. Boil for a quarter of an hour, then cool, filter, use with honey three times a day.
- To purify the blood of toxins, remove toxins and other harmful substances from the body, it is necessary to use the infusion on the branches. It can be cooked from a tablespoon of ground raw materials and 450 ml. boiling water.
Useful properties of raspberry root
- Raspberries are good because all its parts are suitable for use in traditional healing to eliminate diseases of varying severity. In this case, the roots will benefit from otitis, low immunity, chronic fatigue, cough, asthma, ARVI.
- At the roots of the raspberry bush yellow varieties are preparing various decoctions for colds. To do this, chop the roots enough to get a tablespoon of raw materials, brew 300 ml. boiling water, boil for 10 minutes and insist. After cooling, the composition is filtered and taken three times a day.
- To strengthen the immune system, cure asthma or bronchitis, it is better to use red raspberries. Its roots are crushed, then 2 tablespoons mixed with 350 ml. hot water. After cooking for a third of an hour, the composition must be drained, cooled slightly and consumed in 60 ml. 4 times a day.
- For the treatment of otitis is used tincture on the roots. Dry raw materials, chop, brew and insist. Take 0.1 l. every day for 2 weeks. Reception frequency - twice a day.
Raspberry for diseases
Berry of any kind is used for the prevention and treatment of diseases of varying complexity. But the final recipe varies depending on what symptoms should be deleted. It is worth remembering the harm that raspberry will bring. It should not be used by children under 2 years of age, people with intolerance to this berry and allergies to it, chronic kidney disease.
Pancreatitis is a disease of the pancreas, which is accompanied by inflammatory processes of this internal organ. Raspberries should not be consumed in any way when pancreatitis becomes acute.
The berries contain acids that damage mucous membranes. If the ailment is in a chronic stage, it is possible to ease its course, add a bit of raspberry jam or compote into the diet.
Since ancient times, raspberry jam has been used as a panacea for all colds. Raw materials have pronounced diaphoretic properties. Product easily for a short period of time to cope with cold symptoms.
Antiviral, antipyretic and antiviral properties are inherent in natural medicine. With a cold delicacy perfectly reduces fever. As a result, profuse sweating occurs. The effect is achieved due to the presence of salicylic acid in the composition of the raw materials.
It is important to know that the fresh fruits of the plant adversely affect the gastric mucosa. Therefore, it is forbidden to eat raw materials for such a disease. This can not be said about the decoction of the leaves. Such a tool, by contrast, has a positive effect on health.
For wellness course should be prepared fairly simple tool. Boil the leaves with boiling water and drink the strained 120 ml broth. 5-6 times a day. At low acidity raspberry juice will help. Fresh enough to dilute with water in equal amounts.
When articular inflammatory processes that are triggered by an abnormal metabolism in the body, you should follow a special diet, which was prescribed by a specialist. In this case, eating raspberries is limited. In the composition of the raw materials are purines.
Such enzymes can aggravate the course of the disease. When gout in the body begins to accumulate large quantities of uric acid. As for the purines, the enzymes just contribute to the increased production of such an acid.
In case of diabetes, the patient is allowed to eat only a limited amount of black raspberries. The prescribed daily rate must be established by the attending physician individually.
The advantage of the berries is that they have a low glycemic index. Such a factor means that there will not be a sharp jump in sugar in the blood. The healing plant has a positive effect on the state of the whole organism.
Systematic eating of these fruits helps to cope with overweight. Black raspberry perfectly removes excess fluid from the body. Blood pressure is also stabilized.
- In addition to the benefits, raspberries can significantly harm people. Berries are among the allergenic products. Therefore, when eating you need to be extremely careful.
- With the abuse of raw materials can develop health problems in the form of kidney stones, urinary and gall bladder. Also raspberry aggravates the flow of gout, ulcers and erosions of the mucous GIT.
It is safe to say that raspberry brings more benefits to the body than harm. When eating the product, take into account contraindications and observe the daily rate of fruit consumed. In this case, no health problems will arise.
How does it look
In this section, we have a description of raspberries. Common raspberry - deciduous shrub. Her rhizome is perennial, with biennial above-ground stalks. In the height of raspberry reaches 1.5-2.5 m.
Raspberry photo: Raspberry Appearance A winding and woody rhizome has many adventitious roots that form a powerful branched system.
Stems erect. The shoots of the first year are grassy, green with a bluish bloom, juicy, covered with thin small thorns. Two-year shoots ligneous, brown, dry out immediately after fruiting. The following year, in their place, new stems grow from the same root.
The leaves are oval, alternate, petiolate, complex. The upper side of the leaves is dark green, the lower side is whitish, with small hairs.
The flowers are white, collected in small racemes. Located in the tops of the stems or in the axils of the leaves. Petals shorter than the cup. Raspberry blooms from June to July, with good weather, flowering continues until August.
Fruits are small hairy drupes, grown together on a receptacle into a complex fruit, pink, red or burgundy (there are raspberry varieties with yellow and black fruits). Raspberry begins to bear fruit from the second year. Fruits in August.
The chemical composition of the fruit of raspberry:
- essential oil,
- pectic substances
- protein substances
- organic acids
- vitamins A, groups B, C,
- wine alcohol,
- isoamyl alcohol,
- anthocyanin cyanine,
Medicinal properties of raspberry:
- pain reliever
The most commonly used raspberries for colds. Jam, raspberry tea or infusion lower body temperature, relieve inflammation, eliminate cough and other symptoms of ARVI and flu. With colds, raspberry eliminates headache, improves well-being. You can use as a prophylactic agent.
Raspberry exhibits properties in relation to the cardiovascular and nervous systems. It improves heart function and lowers blood pressure. It soothes the nervous system, has an analgesic effect, improves sleep.
Raspberry berries have a diuretic effect, remove excess fluid from the body. Positively affect the work of the kidneys.
Raspberry is good for women's health. It has rejuvenating properties, normalizes hormones, relieves pain during PMS, improves well-being during menopause. The use of raspberry berries during lactation contributes to an increase in the quantity and quality of breast milk.
The most important properties of raspberry leaves are hemostatic and astringent. Tea, decoctions and infusions from the leaves of the plant are used to stop external and internal bleeding, including during heavy menstruation. Crimson leaf medicines are used to treat diarrhea.
How to collectFor medicinal purposes, use the fruits and leaves of raspberry. Raspberry berries are harvested during the fruiting period. It is necessary to collect fruits in dry weather. Each berry is torn apart. Do not pick the spoiled and overripe berries - by pouring juice, they can spoil the rest of the fruit in the basket.
Before harvesting the raspberries, sort out, remove the crumpled berries and garbage, rinse under cold running water and dry on a towel. For long-term storage of raspberries, freeze, distributing the crop in plastic containers.
Raspberry leaves harvested during flowering - in June - July. The collection of raw materials is carried out in dry sunny weather. Only clean, dry and healthy leaves are harvested - best of all young, on the tops of the plant.
Do not pluck all the leaves from one bush, it depletes the plant.
Dry the leaves of raspberry in a darkened dry and well-ventilated area. You can prepare the raw materials in electric dryers at temperatures up to 40 degrees. Store dried raspberry leaves in bags of natural fabrics, wooden boxes or glass jars in a dark and dry place.
Raspberry cough is easiest to take in the form of jam. You can also fill the berries with sugar and add this mixture to boiling water, black or green tea.
- Raspberry berries - 1 part.
- Sugar - 2 parts.
How to cook: Cover the berries with sugar, store in the refrigerator.
How to use: Add 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry to a glass of tea. Drinking raspberry tea is better before bedtime. Do not forget that after eating raspberries should not go out.
Result: Raspberries when coughing makes it more productive, improves health, improves immunity.
Jam at temperature
Raspberries at temperature should be taken in small quantities before bedtime. Drink tea with raspberries for colds, eating 1-2 tablespoons of jam. Wrap a warm blanket, put on socks.
Raspberries for colds can be taken if the body temperature is below 39 degrees. At strongly elevated temperatures, call a doctor and take the drugs prescribed by a specialist.
Infusion for angina
When angina can be taken infusion of crimson leaves. This tool is also suitable for the treatment of other diseases in which the nasopharyngeal mucosa is inflamed.
- Dry crushed raspberry leaves - 2 tbsp.
- Boiling water - 1.5 cups.
How to cook: Fill the dry raspberry leaves with boiling water, leave for 2–3 hours. Strain the drink before drinking.
How to use: Drink half a glass 3 times a day.
Result: Relieves inflammation, relieves pain.
Decoction of pressureWith raspberries, tea is brewed, decoctions and infusions are made. To reduce pressure, they use a decoction of raspberry and linden flowers.
- Raspberry berries - 1 tsp.
- Linden flowers - 1 tsp.
- Water - 300 ml.
How to cook: Fill the raspberries and lindens with water, bring to a boil and boil for 3-5 minutes. Cool and strain before use.
How to use: Drink decoction throughout the day.
Result: The raspberry decoction from pressure not only lowers the level of blood pressure, but also strengthens the heart and blood vessels, eliminates shortness of breath, removes excess fluid from the body.
With diabetes, raspberries can be eaten fresh or frozen, pureed, and freshly squeezed raspberry juice. To reduce blood sugar levels, you can brew crimson leaves and drink like regular tea.
- Raspberry leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Fill the raspberry leaves with boiling water and leave for 20-30 minutes.
How to use: Drink like regular tea throughout the day.
Result: Raspberries in diabetes lowers blood sugar levels, improves health, improves immunity.
Broth with atherosclerosis
Raspberry not only lowers blood pressure, but also contributes to the splitting of atherosclerotic plaques and reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood. For the treatment of atherosclerosis take a decoction of crimson leaves.
- Dry leaves of raspberry - 10 g.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Fill the leaves with water and boil for 15 minutes. Make up the volume with water to the original.
How to use: Take half a glass 3 times a day.
Result: Cleans the blood and lowers cholesterol.
Infusion from gastritis
In chronic form of gastritis and gastritis with high acidity of gastric juice, you can take an infusion of raspberry leaves.
- Dry crushed raspberry leaves - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Pour boiling water over raspberry leaves, leave for 30 minutes. Strain before use.
How to use: Drink an infusion of ⅓ cup 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
Result: Eliminates pain, reduces the release of hydrochloric acid, helps normalize digestion.
Broth for women
Raspberry for health is recommended for women to use as a decoction of leaves. The drug relieves inflammation in diseases of the genitourinary system, soothes the nervous system, normalizes hormones and improves immunity.
- Dry raspberry leaves - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 500 ml.
How to cook: Fill the raw material with water. Put on medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool and strain before use.
How to use: Drink a decoction during the day, divided into 3 doses.
Result: Raspberry for women helps in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system, stimulates the production of hormones, normalizes the menstrual cycle, improves well-being.
Raspberry for children
Giving children raspberries can be no earlier than 1 year. Next, the berries should be consumed in moderation.
Give the baby 1 raspberry berry, if an allergic reaction does not occur, you can give a handful of fruits a day.
Raspberry jam can be given in small quantities with cough and cold. From the diarrhea will help tea from the leaves of the plant. Before using raspberry for medicinal purposes, consult a pediatrician.
Raspberry during pregnancy
Raspberry during pregnancy to eat, not only possible, but necessary. Raspberries contain vitamins and other beneficial substances necessary for maintaining a woman’s health and fetal development.
In the first and second trimester, you can only eat the fruits of the plant. Fresh berries and jam from them will help to cope with a cold, improve mood and improve the immunity of a pregnant woman. But tea and decoctions from the leaves should not be consumed - they increase the tone of the uterus and can cause miscarriage or premature birth.
Raspberry leaf tea is recommended for use by women who have already reached the deadline for giving birth, but the uterus tone is reduced. Use raspberries during childbirth is possible only after consultation with the gynecologist.
Raspberries during breastfeeding can be consumed no earlier than 3 months after birth. Be careful, taking berries can cause allergies in a child. Eat no more than 50 g of raspberries per day. Start with 1 berry and follow the reaction of your body and baby.
Read more about raspberries in the video:
Help with colds
Dried fruits are used to treat colds, sore throats, to restore the intestines and stomach, as well as for cosmetic purposes. To enhance the benefits they are mixed with dried leaves. Treatment with raspberry tea or jam is associated with a carefree childhood. Sweet drinking lowers the temperature, relieves sore throat, soothes. It is considered harmless for both adults and children. For the little ones, this is a good replacement for aspirin. At the same time, raspberry tea is a diaphoretic, it accelerates the removal of harmful substances from the body and contributes to a speedy recovery.
The drink reduces the temperature due to the content of salicylic acid. It should not be confused with acetylsalicylic acid, which is commonly called aspirin.
Making tea with raspberries for colds:
- 100 g of dry collection pour 3 cups boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Strain and drink before bedtime 1 glass of warm drink.
- To enhance the diaphoretic action, you need to drink tea hot, then wrap yourself under a blanket.
A similar healing drink is recommended as a diuretic and expectorant. It will help people suffering from hypertension, as along with sweat a large amount of salt is eliminated from the body. In this case, the infusion is consumed in half a glass three times a day half an hour before meals.
Infusion for gargling with sore throat:
- 60 g of raw material pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Wrap the container and infuse for 2 hours.
- You can drink up to 4 times a day, 80-100 ml or gargle them, preheated.
To recover from flu and cold, some honey is added to the home remedy. The temperature of the drink should not exceed + 40 ° C, since at higher rates the nutrients contained in the honey are lost. It does not hurt to use pine needles as a supplement.
- Mix 1 tbsp. l dried berry mass, 1 tsp. chamomile and as much mint.
- Pour mixture 2 tbsp. boiling water, bring it to a boil, then cool and strain.
- Drink up to 7 times a day until complete recovery.
Effective with colds will be the composition with the addition of lime blossom. To do this, mix in equal proportions dried berry mass and linden flowers. At 2 tbsp. l mix topped up with 3 cups boiling water. The contents boil for 5 minutes, cool and filter, take warm 5 tbsp. l three times a day.
To whom the berry can harm?
Raspberry harvest can cause allergic reactions. They manifest as mucosal edema, a rash on the skin, itching, dizziness. Fruits are not recommended for children under 1 year. Pregnant women should not abuse the product, but in moderate doses at a late stage of pregnancy, raspberry decoctions will be suitable.
Contraindications to the use of such illnesses as:
- stomach ulcer,
- kidney problems, bladder disease,
- with caution should be used in diabetes, with a number of liver diseases,
- bronchial asthma.
Raspberries, with which many people know useful properties and contraindications, cannot become a full-fledged substitute for drugs in cases of serious diseases such as influenza, etc. It should be included in the diet on the advice of a doctor, not excluding with this pharmacy.