Unusually useful plant - sea buckthorn - can be found mainly in middle latitudes. Its prickly branches with elongated leaves are densely plastered (hence the name) with small round or oblong berries ripening in early autumn. Bright yellow or light orange color of the berries indicates a high content of carotenoids, retinol - vitamin A and ascorbic acid - vitamin C.
From the berries, you can boil a delicious jam, you can freeze them with sugar, then add them to tea, and you can boil, grind and get a beautiful and fragrant jelly. But sea buckthorn, which is sometimes called the female berry, has found its application not only in cooking. We learn whether sea buckthorn is useful during pregnancy.
The composition and benefits of sea buckthorn
Phyto-therapists call this plant a storehouse of biologically active substances whose properties are used in cosmetology and various fields of traditional medicine. The list of beneficial substances contained in the berries and leaves of the plant includes:
- vitamins, macro and micronutrients,
- essential (ie, not produced by the body) amino acids,
- fatty acids (saturated, omega-3 and omega-6 unsaturated),
- proteins (in small quantities), fats, carbohydrates,
- sterols and purines.
The list is far from complete, and a general idea of the composition can be obtained from the data in the table.
Health benefits of sea buckthorn
All these components give the plant the healing properties used for preparation:
- leaf-based extracts, which are a pharmacological group of antiviral,
- oils produced from berries and belonging to the group of stimulants of repair (healing) of tissues, they show a tonic, antioxidant and cytoprotective action,
- capsules with oil, also used as reparant for gastritis, peptic ulcer diseases and postoperative conditions,
- rectal suppositories - used in the treatment of anal fissures, hemorrhoids, erosive lesions of the rectum, etc.
Sea buckthorn oil is also used in gynecology in the treatment of endocervicitis, colpitis, erosion. With all the evidence of the benefits of sea buckthorn the question of its use during pregnancy requires a separate consideration.
Can I get pregnant?
Few women ask whether it is possible to use sea buckthorn during pregnancy, the majority continues to use products from berries and leaves, and being in position. Herbal medicine specialists mainly talk about the benefits of sea buckthorn for pregnant women.
To ensure the safety of this plant during pregnancy, you should read the annotations to its pharmaceutical preparations.
From this we can conclude that fresh berries and culinary products made from them - juices, jams, etc. - it is possible to use during pregnancy, but in limited quantities - after all, it is potentially allergenic. Sea buckthorn can not be eaten with the individual intolerance of this plant, as well as allergies to carotenoids, vitamin C or fructose.
We add that sea-buckthorn berries can give a mild laxative effect, therefore, with a tendency to diarrhea, they should not get carried away.
In the early stages
The peculiarity of the initial terms of pregnancy is that it is at this time that all the main organs of the future little man are laid. This requires an incredible expenditure of energy from the resources of the mother's body. And since these resources during pregnancy are quickly exhausted, the woman needs to replenish them regularly.
Scientists have calculated that to maintain a vitamin and mineral balance at a sufficient level, the daily rate of food for a pregnant woman would have to be 5-7 kg.
Of course, such a task is impossible, not only during pregnancy in the early stages, so almost all expectant mothers are advised to drink mineral-vitamin complexes. The most useful and essential substances at the beginning of pregnancy:
- folic acid (vitamin B9),
- other B vitamins,
- retinol (vitamin A),
- calcium, potassium, zinc, iodine.
All of these nutrients are contained in sea buckthorn berries in sufficient quantities and can partly replace multivitamins during pregnancy, if this issue is agreed with the doctor.
Sea buckthorn is a small tree or shrub of the Lokhovye family
In the second and third trimester
The second trimester in most women is mostly trouble-free. Early toxicosis recedes, hormones do not undergo sharp fluctuations, the fetus does not reach large sizes.
But during pregnancy in the 3rd trimester, difficulties again begin:
- the fetus grows and the walls of the uterus begin to interfere with the normal functioning of the internal organs of the pregnant woman,
- pain in the legs and back,
- frequent urination,
- there are problems with the intestines (mainly in the form of constipation), often (70% of women) develop hemorrhoids.
Rectal suppositories with sea buckthorn oil, which are not contraindicated in pregnancy, do an excellent job with the initial stages of hemorrhoids.
Sea buckthorn will help to get rid of problems with emptying the intestines, but still it is not necessary to rest on the berries during pregnancy. Everything is only in moderation and under the supervision of a doctor.
Is breastfeeding recommended?
Research on the penetration of constituent substances from sea buckthorn berries into breast milk has also not been conducted. And they contain ascorbic acid, fructose, carotenoids and other potentially allergenic ingredients. Therefore, the question of whether sea buckthorn with breastfeeding (HB), doctors recommend to refrain from its use during lactation, so as not to provoke an allergic reaction in the baby. After all, infants are extremely susceptible to any nuances of my mother's diet.
How to apply during pregnancy and HB?
Considering all the beneficial properties and possible risks of using sea buckthorn with HBV and pregnancy, you should choose the least dangerous option for taking it - first consult with a gynecologist or pediatrician on this topic.
When using pharmacy products made from sea-buckthorn berries, it is necessary to follow the instructions for use exactly and not to use them in the presence of contraindications.
Fees from the leaves of this plant during pregnancy and HB are contraindicated.
What is contained in
The complex composition of sea buckthorn berries includes almost all the familiar vitamins, a good set of mineral substances, organic acids, tannins, natural antibiotics, pectins, serotonin, flavonoids.
Of the vitamins we list:
- vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (water-soluble metabolism vitamins),
- vitamin coagulation (coagulation) of blood K,
- vitamin protection capillary vessels P,
- Provitamin Growth A,
- vitamin beauty E,
- vitamin redox processes of PP,
- special stimulant immunity vitamin C.
The greatest amount belongs to vitamin C.
The mineral complex is represented by calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, and potassium. No vital process can go without them. Organic acids are represented by oxalic, tartaric, and malic acids. Tanning components give a tart taste, inhibit the activity of harmful microbes, remove unnecessary toxins, cleanse the body. Pectins increase the shelf life of berries and squeezed juice from them.
Serotonin sea buckthorn berries, as the well-known "happiness hormone", gives mood, drives black thoughts away. Flavonoids paint the berries amber-yellow, but, above all, they give buckthorn nectar to anti-oxidant and free-radical-deducing properties.
With a pronounced beneficial effect on human caloric content of juice is about 82 kcal per 100 g. This amount is achieved not due to sugar, but due to the presence of fatty acids.
What is useful sea buckthorn juice
Multivitamin sea buckthorn has long been famous for its healing qualities. In ancient Greece, healers noticed that dressing of sea buckthorn leaves made animal hair shiny and silky, cuts and wounds were looser, as evidenced by the Latin translation of the name "shiny horse."
Later, all parts of the shrub healed people's ailments. Rich vitamin composition gives juice anti-inflammatory, regenerating, regenerating properties.
Use during pregnancy and lactation: benefit or harm
Sea buckthorn juice is aggressively offered to women in the position and during breastfeeding babies. The healing drink is recommended even for babies of one month of age in the amount of two or three drops (can be mixed with breast milk) to improve immunity.
The characteristic taste of amber berries is neutralized by dairy products, so the kids do not refuse to treat. Nectar from a mixture of sweet apple juice and sea buckthorn will cause delight in older children who are already given complementary foods.
How to make at home: a recipe
Sea buckthorn juice is easy to make at home from frozen or fresh berries. For this you need a blender, gauze or strainer.
- handful of berries
- glass of water,
- sugar as desired and to taste.
The preparation procedure is as follows.
- Rinse berries under running hot water.
- Put the cleaned product in a blender.
- Add a glass of water.
- Sugar to taste on top.
- Turn on the blender and crush everything well.
- Ready nectar filter through a sieve or cheesecloth.
Juice is tart, it is enough to drink 1-2 times a week to fortify the body. You can add honey, dilute with other juices or infusions of life-giving herbs, make juice.
How much can you drink per day
For a good mood and maintaining strong immunity to protect yourself from the pressure of pathogenic bacteria, three tablespoons of fresh juice per day will be enough.
But in case of malfunctions of the cardiovascular system, you need to increase the number to half a cup per day and drink in small portions.
To destroy viruses that have already penetrated and to increase resistance, you need to drink at least 100 grams of juice per day. With manifestations of avitaminosis and anemia, daily drinking of vitamin juice per по cup, preferably with one teaspoon of honey, is prescribed.
People with diseases of the stomach and esophagus should drink fresh nectar in a tablespoon between meals 4-5 times a day. Pregnant and lactating mothers should not forget about taking half a glass of drink every day. It is extremely important for hypertensive patients to drink juice in the amount of 1 g of drink per 1 kg of weight. Hypotonics - 2 g per 1 kg of weight.
How and where to store
Sea buckthorn berries for making freshly squeezed drink are stored in a freezer, arranged in small packets. Juice, prepared for the winter, can be stored in the refrigerator or on the balcony in the fall, poured into a glass container, given that it has undergone a sterilization process.
If not, then only in the freezer, otherwise the fermentation process will soon begin.
For problem skin
- Nectar sea buckthorn, combined with cottage cheese, in equal parts applied to the face. Hold for 15 minutes, then rinse.
- Whitening tonic. A cotton pad should be well moistened for 10 minutes. Wash off with water without using detergents. Brown spots and freckles disappear.
- Ice tonic. Sea buckthorn liquid dilute with water (1: 2). Fill the molds and send in the freezer. Wipe face in the morning. The skin becomes elastic, smooth, silky.
Miraculous nectar can cause harm:
- patients complaining about the work of the pancreas,
- patients who are dissatisfied with the gallbladder and liver,
- people with gastritis and peptic ulcer,
- with exacerbated cholecystitis,
- people who are prone to allergies and with individual immunity of the berries of the plant.
These contraindications are based on the choleretic quality of the juice and the presence of a large list of acids in its composition. Medical consultation will be appropriate in this case. In addition, follow the rules of storage and use of the product. In the modern world, sea buckthorn is known and common in all parts of the world. The unique vitamin and healing qualities of sea buckthorn drink are used by traditional healers and official medicine. Treatment brings a positive effect in all cases.
Is sea buckthorn and breastfeeding compatible?
The body of a nursing woman is experiencing increased stress:
- behind 9 hard months carrying,
- she endured childbirth, carrying a huge amount of power,
- breastfeeding and caring for a baby takes nutrients from the body.
Both traditional and traditional medicine prescribes an increased diet for women after childbirth and during lactation - this not only restores the strength of the mother, but also provides good nutrition for the baby. The organisms of the mother and child are closely related in the first year of his life - an anxious, irritable and painful mother will have the same stunted, tearful child.
Sea buckthorn due to its composition is an ideal addition to the menu of a nursing woman, especially in winter and springtime.
Benefit for baby mom
The specificity of the product excludes the influence on its composition of toxic substances and preservatives, which massively process the fruits to be sold on the market and in supermarkets and that is unacceptable when breastfeeding.
Strengthening the immunity of a nursing woman
The main property of sea buckthorn is to contribute to the enhancement of the immune status of the body due to its vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
It is considered a "female" plant due to the large number of phytosterols (cholesterol analogues) which tend to decrease the level of testosterone in the body.
The plant affects the hormonal processes in the body, regulating the level of prostaglandins - this is partly explains the anti-inflammatory effect, which is famous for sea buckthorn.
Improving the immune status and suppressing the inflammatory processes in the body is important for older mothers who had “collected” illnesses for the birth of a child.
Properties of sea buckthorn will be useful for women who have undergone a cesarean section or difficult labor. The high content in the juice of sea buckthorn rutin and flavonoids makes the walls of the uterus stronger, which relieves postpartum pain, reduces the amount of secretions. To do this, you can combine in the diet of fresh berries and tea from the leaves.
Eating the berries of the plant during breastfeeding strengthens the vision, the cornea of the eyes of both the mother and the child - useful substances from sea buckthorn get into the mother's milk. This ability to plant provides a shock dose of provitamin A, E and C, which are contained in the plant. The presence of compounds of lutein and zeaxanthin in the solar berries allows for long-term protection of vision.
It is noticed that the use of sea buckthorn by a nursing mother makes it calmer for her and the baby, makes it easier for her to endure the difficult first months of a baby’s life, not to become disheartened, not to be nervous over trifles. This property is provided by the ability of sea buckthorn to stimulate the production of serotonin. The substance is called "the hormone of happiness", it is - a powerful antidepressant, which maintains a calm, even mood and ensures the coordinated work of all body systems.
A unique combination of components in the sea buckthorn (over 15 compounds) improves the interaction of all body systems, the presence of vitamin B5 protects the mother and child from various allergies.
Traditional medicine recommends that lactating mothers use mashed sea buckthorn berries to increase lactation and to improve the quality of milk. To do this, they recommend twice a day to take the following mixture: 250 grams of warm milk mixed with 2 tablespoons of sea buckthorn and carrot juice. Drink half a cup at least three times a day before feeding the baby.
Up to six months of age, an infant feeds exclusively on mother's milk, and the development of the baby depends on its quality. Sea buckthorn improves the composition of milk, making it not only food, but also medicine.
Complete, containing a large number of useful compounds, breast milk is an ideal food for weakened, premature, badly gaining weight of children. Necessary for the development of compounds enter the body of the infant in the right combination and sufficient quantity.
The antibacterial property of sea buckthorn juice makes the baby resistant to infection by bacteria and viruses after six months of age, when its own immunity begins to form.
Sea buckthorn in breast milk:
- promotes good blood counts
- affects the development and strengthening of the central nervous system,
- promotes cell regeneration
- makes the vessels resilient and strong
- helps strengthen bones.
Valuable and nutritious milk will be necessary for nursing premature and weak babies, children who have been injured in childbirth.
In order to avoid extraneous reactions, it is necessary to limit the dose of berries - it should not exceed 150 grams (which is equal to the volume of a teacup). Before use, it is necessary to conduct a test test for tolerability.
For this you need:
- make seabuckthorn juice:
- separate and drink 2 tablespoons of juice,
- over 48 hours to observe the child's behavior, the condition of his skin, stool.
If the child is active, not capricious without a reason, the chair is normal, there is no rash - you can use sea buckthorn in the diet.
Treatment of cold nursing mothers sea buckthorn
Sea buckthorn is a remedy for treating colds - this helps with a loading dose of vitamin C and the antibacterial properties of sea buckthorn. A woman who is nursing a baby can get SARS or flu. To use her medications can not, so as not to harm the child.
For treatment it is necessary to take sea buckthorn:
- drink tea with sea buckthorn jam, which has diaphoretic, firming and antibacterial action,
- gargle with warm sea buckthorn oil,
- at a cold - to bury heated oil in the nose,
- in case of constipation, which often accompany conditions with a high temperature, an adopted spoon of sea buckthorn oil will help on an empty stomach.
It is believed that the therapeutic effect of sea buckthorn tea is similar in effect to the usual raspberry - softens dry cough, envelops the mucous membranes and relieves pain, causes sweating.
Where to buy, how to choose a quality product?
The sea buckthorn season begins in the second half of August - it is during this period that the early varieties ripen. The ripeness of the berries shows a bright color and easy separation from the stem. In the second half of September, berries of late varieties ripen.
Sea buckthorn collection lasts from the last week of August to the end of October. Some owners remove the fruits after the first frost hits - after a correct shaking of the branches, the fruits fall off on the litter.
If your own sea buckthorn is not in the country, you can buy it from the owners who grow it in their garden or on the market. Choose a berry:
- brightly colored
- not crumpled
- without black spots
- not glued together.
Sea buckthorn fresh is stored for a very short time, so it is dried, frozen, preserved.
In what form is it better to use?
Berry, ground with sugar
Many housewives traditionally fray sea buckthorn with sugar for storage in the winter. Such preparation:
- keep well at room temperature
- saves a large amount of vitamins
- it is used for tea or eaten separately.
The negative side of the product, doctors consider a large amount of sugar, which will contribute to weight gain and the manifestation of allergic reactions. In all other respects - the product is ideal for the constant use of a nursing mother.
Frozen Sea Buckthorn
Sea buckthorn is perfectly stored in frozen form packaged in small portions (150 grams). For this it is convenient to use special packages with a lock for freezing. With a large fridge, you can have fresh berries every day. This method allows you to save the maximum amount of useful substances. Minus - not everyone likes the bitter-sour taste of sea buckthorn.
Berries can be dried, they will be stored for a long time. The best way to use is to use for vitamin tea. Minus - the loss of significant amounts of vitamins during drying.
Sea buckthorn juice
There are a large number of recipes for vitamin teas, which include sea buckthorn and herbal supplements, rosehip and citrus. They should be used if there is no allergy.
For constant consumption by a nursing mother, it is best to prepare sea buckthorn juice. This will require:
- 2 kg. sea buckthorn
- 1 liter of water
- 1 kg. Sahara.
To prepare you need to do the following:
- in a wide saucepan, mix water and sugar, boil over low heat,
- separately rub the berries through a metal sieve,
- mashed potatoes are mixed with juice and heated to boiling,
- citric acid is added to the end of the knife,
- poured into prepared sterile jars,
- pasteurized for 15 minutes.
Juice is stored in a dark cool pantry, when used to taste, add a spoonful of honey.
How old is the child and how much can you eat sea buckthorn mom?
Many women, bearing a child, use sea buckthorn as a vitamin supplement. After the baby is born, a woman can begin to enter sea buckthorn into her diet after the baby is one month old.
You need to start with a daily rate of, best of all in the form of juice or berries, ground with sugar, gradually increasing it. If the baby has a tendency to diathesis, then the beginning of the reception is better to postpone for 3-4 months of the child's life.
Sea buckthorn compote: a recipe for a nursing mother
To prepare canned compote, you must take:
- per kilogram of berries and sugar,
- 1.2 liters of pure fresh water.
Washed, sorted berries dry on a metal sieve. Carefully spread the berries in prepared cans. Pour the sugar syrup prepared in advance, add ¼ tsp of citric acid (to maintain a bright orange color). Banks need to be pasteurized for at least 15-20 minutes. For this preparation, it is best to use immature fruits, of which it is difficult to squeeze the juice.
Sea buckthorn fruit drink
For the preparation of fruit drink it is necessary to prepare fresh, sorted and washed sea buckthorn. Should take:
- Sea buckthorn fruits - 1 kg.,
- clean water - 3 liters,
- sugar 500 g
Morse, unlike compote, is drunk on the day of preparation. To cook it, you need to do the following.
- Berries a little dry, put in cheesecloth, squeeze juice.
- Pour water into an enamel pan, lay out the squeezed berries.
- Boil 15-20 minutes on low heat, add sugar at the end of cooking.
- If possible, half of the sugar is replaced with honey.
- Remove the pot from the stove, pour the pressed juice.
Drink such juice well and hot, and chilled.
Tea from dried berries
For brewing sea buckthorn tea for colds, you need to pour 125 grams of dried berries into a thermos, put mint leaves and lemon. All this is necessary to pour ½ liter of boiling water. Insist at least 2 hours. Drink with honey.
Solar berry should be included in the diet of pregnant and lactating women as a useful and natural vitamin supplement. This will help them to maintain health at the most crucial moment in their lives, to feed healthy and strong children.
Harmful berries when breastfeeding
Sea buckthorn is considered to be quite a strong allergen. If too much sea buckthorn is used during breastfeeding, the following symptoms may occur:
- The manifestation of allergic reactions. Redness, rash, itching - the most common symptoms. Allergies can occur in both a nursing mother and a child, it all depends on the individual response of the body. If there is even a hint of allergy, sea buckthorn should be immediately taken out of use.
- Liquid stools in a child. Most often observed in children aged 1 month. Sea buckthorn when breastfeeding very rarely leads to indigestion, but if you notice this problem in a child, you should limit the use of berries. Also, the disorder may occur due to too sharp addition of sea buckthorn in the diet of a nursing mother.
Any indisposition of the mother, manifested after the use of sea buckthorn, should be carefully investigated. If you have a stomach ache, even a hint of allergies, or you feel weak, then try a few days to not eat the berry and follow the state of your health.
Can sea buckthorn breastfeed?
Despite the many beneficial properties of the berries, we must not forget that it is a strong allergen. Do not rush to add sea buckthorn in the mother's diet, if she only gave birth. This may adversely affect the child.
The recommended age of adding to the diet of sea buckthorn during breastfeeding is 4 months.
It should be remembered that you can not just start to use the berry. To sea buckthorn does not bring harm, you must follow the rules of introducing it into your diet.
How to enter sea buckthorn in the diet?
There are a few simple recommendations, following which, you will successfully begin to use sea buckthorn when breastfeeding:
- To avoid allergic reactions for the first time it is worth trying a small amount of sea buckthorn juice or a couple of berries. After you need to monitor the child's health: his health, the presence of skin rashes, activity. If neither the mother nor the baby has a negative response, then you can gradually increase the number of berries consumed.
- Gradually increase the amount of berries eaten. The transition to the maximum dosage should be carried out for at least a week.
If a child has an allergy or frustration after a test drinking sea buckthorn, you can try to repeat the test in a month or two. If the symptoms recur, then the berry is not worth the child or the mother.
How much can you eat it?
The maximum daily dose is about fifty grams. A week is not recommended to use more than one hundred and fifty grams.
These figures are not only for the use of sea buckthorn with breastfeeding. Sea buckthorn should be treated more as a medicine than as an edible berry, so you should not exceed the recommended amount of consumption.
Sea buckthorn tea with breastfeeding
For brewing sea buckthorn tea, both fresh berries and leaves of this plant can be used. Great benefits bring exactly the fruits, if they brew properly.
Indeed, healthy sea buckthorn tea takes time. In order for the berries to fully reveal their taste, aroma and useful potential, they need to be filled with boiling water, cover the container with something and leave for at least three hours. Ideally, let the drink stand for one night.
Fifty grams of berries is enough for one serving of tea. Add sugar is to taste, but only before the reception of tea. The drink must be infused without sugar to prevent fermentation.
Sea buckthorn tea has become especially popular with newly born women due to several of its properties:
- First of all, it accelerates the regeneration of body tissues and helps a woman recover faster after giving birth.
- Sea buckthorn tea can be drunk immediately after giving birth, without waiting for the prescribed four months. It is less allergic than fresh berries or jams. Nevertheless, before using it, it is worthwhile to carry out a test sample: drink fifty milliliters of tea and follow the reaction to it during the day with mom and baby.
- Sea buckthorn tea stimulates lactation. It contains a record amount of vitamin C, which improves the absorption of iron.
- Thanks to a good vitamin composition, sea buckthorn strengthens the mother's body and solves the problem of bad nails and hair.
- Sea buckthorn tea lowers the cholesterol level in the maternal organism. In turn, this reduces the likelihood of heart disease and blood vessels.
- This tea lowers the amount of sugar in the blood. The main thing is not to add sugar to sea buckthorn drink.
- The berries contain calcium, which is needed for the formation of bone tissue of the child. Since the main growth of the baby is in the first year of life, then the quality of milk consumed by him should be at a height.
- Due to the content of sodium and potassium in tea, it normalizes the water and salt balance in the maternal organism. This is extremely important: there is no water - there is no milk. And both joints and internal organs suffer from excess salt. In addition, without excess fluid swelling disappears, which bother most pregnant women and women in labor.
- Sea buckthorn tea, like fresh berry, contains vitamins of group B. They are involved in the work of almost all systems of the human body, including the development of the brain and nervous system in a child.
- The substances contained in the sea buckthorn tea have a weak sedative effect on the baby, strengthening his sleep.
Calorie and chemical composition
Sea buckthorn juice is a low-calorie product, 100 ml of which is only 50–80 kcal.
At the same time, the berry itself contains quite a bit of fat, and because of sugar, which is added to improve the taste characteristics of the finished drink, its energy value is slightly higher in comparison with other juices. The average ratio of BJU per 100 g of product is as follows:
- proteins - 0.6 g
- fats - 3.4 g,
- carbohydrates - 4.3 g
Among other useful components of sea buckthorn juice can be identified:
- vitamins - A (0.25 mg per 100 g), B1 (0.3 mg), B2 (0.05 mg), B5 (0.2 mg), B6 (0.8 mg), C (200 mg), E (5 mg), H (3.3 μg), PP (0.5 mg), beta-carotene (1.5 mg),
- minerals - calcium (22 g per 100 g of juice), potassium (193 mg), iron (1.4 mg), sodium (4 mg), magnesium (30 mg), phosphorus (9 mg).
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
Every pregnant woman selects only the most useful products for themselves, so as not to harm the future baby. Sea buckthorn juice belongs to this group, because due to the large content of vitamins it strengthens both the female body and the body of the unborn baby.
Sea buckthorn juice will be useful for colds and diseases of a pregnant woman, and will also help solve the problem of constipation, which often torments future mothers. As for nursing women, it is desirable to include this drink in their diet only after consulting a doctor in order to avoid allergic reactions in an infant. If there are no such inclinations, then it will be an excellent means of stimulating lactation, although after mixing with pure water in a ratio of 1: 1.
When gastritis, pancreatitis, gastric ulcer
The question of the use of sea-buckthorn juice for all of the above diseases still causes a lot of controversy. Some doctors talk about its irritating effects due to acid, while others insist on high regenerative abilities that help to overcome inflammatory processes on any mucous membranes.
Therefore, if you doubt your decision, but really want to experience the benefits of the drink on yourself, then before use, dilute the nectar with clean water, but so that there is a little more water. Alternatively, you can use sea buckthorn oil, which has a milder effect on the affected areas. In the treatment of gastritis (but not with high acidity), many patients note not only the success of the regenerative processes, but also the anesthetic effect from the use of sea buckthorn oil. Juice is characterized by similar possibilities, unless they are less pronounced.
Sea buckthorn berries do not contain glucose, so diabetics are allowed to eat, of course, if they have no problems with other organs (for example, the kidneys). Most often, doctors recommend the use of sea buckthorn oil, but if desired, the use of juice is allowed.
By the way, the oil is used not only for ingestion, but also for the treatment of wound surfaces that appeared as a result of the development of the disease.
In the internal use of juice is allowed to use no more than half a glass of drink per day. Sweetening the drink for obvious reasons is prohibited.
How to use
Depending on the nature of the disease, there are two main ways to use sea buckthorn juice: as an internal and as an external remedy. Consider the features of the use of the drink on some popular examples.
- With a progressive cold, accompanied by a strong cough, bronchitis or even pneumonia, sea buckthorn juice is used as a natural antibiotic and as an expectorant (it is enough to drink 1 cup per day until full recovery). To enhance the healing properties of nectar and improve the taste, it is useful to add to it other types of nectar or honey.
- For gout, rheumatism and arthritis, the use of sea buckthorn juice is suitable for rubbing diseased joints and compresses on them. In order to improve its properties, the liquid is heated in a water bath and only then it is wetted with cotton fabric, imposing it on a sore spot. Then the sore spot is covered with diaper and the whole compress is wrapped with a warm scarf. This procedure should be carried out daily before bedtime, maintaining a compress for at least two hours.
- With diseases of the throat and inflammation of the oral mucosa. Properly prepared sea buckthorn nectar will help get rid of stomatitis, sore throat, pharyngitis, gingivitis and laryngitis, for which the freshly squeezed liquid must be mixed with warm boiled water in a 1: 2 ratio. The finished liquid is used to rinse thrice a day.
- For diseases of the cardiovascular system, it is recommended to use every day 0.5 cups of sea buckthorn juice, dividing this amount into several doses. Sea buckthorn juice will help to thin the blood, prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques, stabilize blood pressure and heartbeat.
How to make for the winter: a recipe
For those who are used to harvesting preservation for the winter, cooking sea buckthorn juice should not cause any difficulties, since the whole process involves a standard set of actions: cleaning berries, getting nectar, cooking and pouring them into sterilized jars.
True, in this case there are some nuances, therefore, we consider the whole procedure more closely.
- Sea buckthorn berries - 1 kg,
- sugar - 2 cups.
Sea buckthorn juice: video
The process of making juice:
- Harvested berries are sorted, cleared of debris and washed under running water.
- Pour them into a colander and leave to drain for 10-15 minutes.
- A little dried up raw material is passed through a juicer and poured into a saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on a small fire and, adding sugar, bring to a boil.
- Закипевший сок снимаем с плиты, разливаем по стерилизованным баночкам и закатываем крышками.
Всё, вкусная и очень полезная заготовка на зиму готова.
Sea buckthorn is a truly miraculous plant with a huge amount of useful properties, so if you do not have contraindications to the use of juice, you can drink it every day, without forgetting to take care of the harvest for the winter period.