Among the mushroom pickers are very popular mushrooms, which are pickled, fried, make them salads and various sauces. But there is a danger of confusing the edible representatives of the mushroom kingdom with false mushrooms.Inedible counterpart doubles prefer to settle like their brothers by large families on fallen trees, stumps and rotten trees
What do false mushrooms look like
Inedible counterpart twins prefer to settle like their fellows with large families on fallen trees, stumps and rotten trees. All their types are very similar in appearance.
The legs of the mushrooms are very thin and hollow inside. The surface of the caps is painted in bright colors, which depend on the place of growth, the composition of the soil and the season. To the touch the skin is smooth.
Botanical description of the main types of false experiments
Several species of mushrooms are included in the group of false mushrooms. Since they grow in identical conditions with edible representatives, they are very easily confused. Some species are conditionally edible, others are inedible, and others are poisonous. Due to the danger of getting a serious poisoning, an inexperienced mushroom picker is advised not to pick suspicious mushrooms.
The second name of the fungus is seroplastine honey agaric. It grows on fallen trees and pine stumps. In rare cases found on rotting rhizome. It begins to bear fruit from the last month of summer and continues until mid-autumn.
The hemispherical cap reaches a size of 7 cm. In the process of growth, the fruit body changes its appearance to a convex-prostrate, on the edge of which there remain particles of the veil. If the fruit grows in a wet environment, the hat becomes light brown in color. In a dry place its surface is light yellow tones. The middle of the cap is much brighter than the edges. The smell of whitish pulp resembles dampness.
Plates located on the inner surface of the cap grow to the pedicle. In juveniles, their color is pale yellow. Over time, the color changes, becoming like poppy seeds. The long leg (up to 10 cm) can be both straight and curved. The membranous ring quickly disappears. At the base has a red-red color, and near the cap is yellow.
Since poppy honey falls into a conditionally edible category, after processing it can be used for culinary purposes. It is not recommended to collect old mushrooms that lose their flavor with age.Poppy seeds
Brick red shade
Poisonous fungus, which at a young age has a rounded convex cap, which turns into a half-prostrate as it grows up. The surface is light reddish-brown tones, or red-brown and brick-red. In the central part the color is much richer. Along the edges there are white hanging fragments that are remnants of the bedspread. Bitter pulp yellowish tones. The plates change color over time.. In young specimens, they are dirty yellow, and in mature olive-brown. The shape of the legs is flat or narrowed at the bottom. The color is yellowish, slightly brown at the bottom. The structure is dense.
Prefers to settle on hardwood large families. Peak fructification occurs at the end of summer - the beginning of autumn.
The diameter of the cap of a poisonous mushroom is from 2 to 7 cm. In a young mushroom, its shape is similar to a bell. With age it becomes prostrate. The color may be yellow-brown or sulfur-yellow, which is reflected in its name. The central part of the cap is somewhat darker than on the edge.
The inside of the fetus whitish or sulfur-yellow. The smell emanating from the pulp is unpleasant. A stem with a diameter of 0.5 cm grows up to 10 cm in length. From above sulfur-yellow with fibrous structure. Mushrooms grow in groups of about 50 fruits, fused at the base of the legs.
How to distinguish a false honeydew from edible mushrooms
Despite the fact that the features of edible mushrooms are in many ways similar to their false counterparts, by understanding the characteristics and differences of each species, you can learn to distinguish them. The main signs of difference:
- The appearance of the cap. In real fungi, its surface layer is covered with peculiar scales of a darker color than the cap itself. Mature mushrooms become smooth, losing their scales. But it is not scary, because such mushrooms are no longer of interest.
- Ringlet or skirt. Edible young individuals under the cap have a white film, which, as the fungus grows, turns into a ring on the stem. False copies do not have it.
- The color of the skin on the hat. False representatives are much brighter than edible mushrooms. These honey mushrooms are usually of a delicate brown color. Inedible species with the addition of red and yellow-gray tones.
- Smell. Edible mushrooms have a mushroom flavor. Dangerous twins, on the contrary, exude an unpleasant land smell or moldy.
- Records. True honey mushrooms are characterized by the presence of light plates (yellowish or beige). In inedible species, they are brighter and darker (olive, greenish, yellow).
The taste of the fruit is also different from these mushrooms. False species are unpleasant and bitter, but it is forbidden to try them. Having carefully studied the signs that help distinguish the edible mushroom from the dangerous one, one can be protected from the serious consequences of toxic substances.Toxic elements of false agarics negatively affect the cardiovascular system and the brain
Signs of poisoning by false specimens
In the case of the erroneous use of false experiences, intoxication of the organism occurs, which manifested in the following symptoms:
- The first signs of poisoning appear during the first hour after ingestion, but there are times when it takes up to 12 hours.
- Toxic compounds trapped in the body, very quickly absorbed into the blood. Then, with its current, they penetrate all organs, exerting a negative effect.
- There are complaints of discomfort in the stomach, there is a slight dizziness, heartburn, stomach rumbling, nausea.
- After 4-6 hours, the symptoms begin to progress. Joins lethargy, apathy, trembling in the limbs and general weakness. As the nausea state increases, vomiting occurs. Gastric cramps go to the entire abdomen. The stool becomes frequent and watery, accompanied by sharp abdominal pain. Cold sweat is released. Cold sweat appears on the palms and feet. The blood sugar index drops.
The most poisonous mushrooms (video)