The first seasonal vegetable appearing in spring is radish. With him comes the spring mood, and the body rejoices first vitamins. Plants grown with their own hands, always more delicious and environmentally friendly, so many people who have a summer cottage, try to plant early vegetables with their own hands. In order to cultivate radish in a greenhouse crowned with the desired result, you need to know not only the agricultural technician, but also the peculiarities of this crop, as well as the tips and tricks of experienced gardeners.
Features of vegetable culture
Radish is an annual plant, according to the biological classification, belongs to the genus Radish, which belongs, in turn, to the Cabbage family. All parts of the plant are edible: root vegetables are used in salads, leaves are used for soups. Even if you plan to eat only fruits, green leaves will also need to pay attention while growing radishes in the greenhouse.
Photosynthesis occurs in the leaves of plants (absorption of carbon dioxide from the environment and its transformation into useful substances necessary for development), therefore their condition directly affects the formation of the underground part.
Interesting: For a project to study the characteristics of growing plants in weightlessness, conducted on the International Space Station, radish was selected. Scientists felt that this vegetable, due to the short growing season (only 20-45 days), is excellent for breeding in space. In addition, the whole plant is eaten whole, which is very economical.
A little about the variety of varieties
Radish root crops are of different configurations and different colors. The most often bred species with a rounded or cylindrical (elongated) pink or red-pink color. There are unusual colors: white, yellow, purple. Choosing such varieties for growing for sale (and for yourself), it is worth considering that the word “radish” is still associated with shades of red gamma, therefore, the original colors can not cause either delight or appetite.
The choice of varieties for planting - the simplest thing, it all depends on your own desires. Hybrids (labeled F1) are characterized by greater resistance to diseases, demonstrate increased yields. Varietal varieties have a more pleasant taste.
Enthusiasts who prefer to grow radishes in a greenhouse from their own seeds, hybrids are not suitable. To radish bloom, it does not dig, and leave, over time, the plant gives the arrows on which the flowers appear, and then the seeds ripen. With three plants you can collect up to 100 g of planting material.
Harvest radish in a greenhouse can be from March and throughout the season - until November. Varieties are characterized by a period of ripening: early maturity (up to 25 days), medium (35 days) and late (up to 45 days). You can grow one variety, then, for an uninterrupted supply of the table, you need to sow new seeds every two weeks. You can pick up varieties with different vegetation period: from 20 to 45 days, in this case, you will need to plant seeds less often - once a month.
Well proven varieties of European breeding:
- “French breakfast” has elongated dense root vegetables of a delicate pink color with a white tip, does not give arrows, refers to early ripening.
- Dutch hybrids, for example, “Irene F1 ″ and“ Celeste F1 ″ are characterized by round fruits of bright red color, varieties are intended for greenhouse breeding, develop well in conditions with insufficient illumination, ripen for 25-30 days after sowing.
From domestic varieties it is better to choose those that are intended for cultivation in protected ground, for example, “Okhotsk” or “Lightning F1 ″. Also pay attention to such characteristics as resistance to lexing, the formation of hollowness in root crops, and the resistance to diseases will not interfere.
Agrotechnics cultivation of culture
It is not difficult to plant radishes in the greenhouse, the plant is not considered capricious, it does not impose serious requirements on the conditions of detention. The main problems faced by vegetable growers in the process of growing crops:
- friability of root crops,
- formation of peduncles before harvesting (taste deteriorates).
All problems are solved by the right choice of varieties and compliance with the method of cultivation.
Soil preparation for planting
Work on the cultivation of radish in the greenhouse begins with the preparation of the soil. It is processed twice: in the fall and in the early spring. In October, dig at a small (10-15 cm) depth, loosen and make humus. Its consumption per square meter is about 3-4 kg.
You can use complex compounds, for example, azofoska according to the instructions, or to make superphosphate (50 g) and potassium salt (15 g) per square meter. Spring work consists in fertilizing with nitrogen-containing compounds, for example, ammonium nitrate, which will need 12-18 g per square meter.
Radish grows well in lands where tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, onions, or legumes used to grow. It is not recommended to grow it after cabbage and radish, as there is a high risk of infection by mucosal bacteriosis and powdery mildew.
Radish is not demanding to the soil composition, but plants prefer loose soils with a pH of 5.5-7.0. Too acidic earth is lime to prevent the plants from getting sick. On heavy soils, the radish feels good, but quickly produces flower stalks, which leads to the fact that the root crop becomes tasteless, or inedible in general.
Tip: Manure radishes are not fertilized, as this leads to the formation of shapeless root crops.
Seedlings are not grown, since radishes are considered to be cold-resistant vegetables with a short growing season. Sowing radish in the greenhouse immediately carried out on the beds. After spring fertilization, the ground is loosened and furrows or lune are prepared. When growing in rows, the grooves are laid at a distance of 10-15 cm from each other. A more professional method is the use of markers: radishes are planted in a pattern of 5 by 5 cm, 6 by 6 cm, and so on. Wells and trenches are spilled with water, slightly spilled with ash, which is a source of potassium and trace elements.
In order to quickly see the seeds, they are soaked for a couple of hours in warm water. A number of vegetable growers, eco-farming adherents, recommend using water for boiling eggs for these purposes. There is a modern way - the use of growth stimulants. In this case, it is better to give preference to natural and biological preparations, for example, “Zircon” or “Epin” show good results.
After the procedure, the seeds are slightly dried, carefully placed in the grooves, keeping a distance of 2-3 cm between them. The depth of embedding planting material is 2-2.5 cm. It is covered with soil and slightly compacted. Landing is useful to mulch a layer of peat.
When to plant radish in a greenhouse? Work begins in the first decade of March, when the ground is already warm enough (temperature not less than 0-3 ° С). In heated greenhouses to grow plants all year round. In other cases, the weather will have to wait.
Growth Conditions and Tips
For seed germination, the air temperature is from 15 ° C, so the landing at first is covered with a film. A layer of peat and a film provide the necessary temperature. After germination, the film coating is removed, the planting is loosened and kept wet. Removing the shelter leads to a decrease in temperature, which is very good for plants. Sprouts are able to withstand frosts up to - 4 ° C. In the future, in the greenhouse, it is not recommended that the temperature rise above 16 ° C.
Culture badly perceives the thickening of the planting, therefore thinning is necessary, especially in cases when the seeds were sown not in a dotted pattern, but in a row. The distance between the seedlings is left 2-5 cm, so that the plants do not give premature flowering, and the roots do not become loose.
Caring for radish beds
This plant does not welcome an excessive amount of nitrogen fertilizers, so the radish is not additionally fed. In addition, roots tend to accumulate nitrates, but they love watering plants. Soil moisture should be controlled so that the radish does not become flabby.
Watering is carried out as necessary. For the period from the appearance of sprouts to harvest, one or two full irrigation should be carried out: 10-15 liters of water are used per square meter. Hybrids tolerate low light conditions well, but varietal varieties can develop worse, although, during the spring-summer period, radishes have enough light.
Tip: large roots and high taste has radish, grown with soil moisture 60-65%. Such a land is compressed when pressed in the hand, and when opening the palm it easily disintegrates.
As a preventive measure, to protect the landings from the cruciferous flea, capable of destroying the plants for a couple of days, dusting with wood ash mixed with lime and tobacco dust is carried out. Priprashivanie do once a week since the first shoots.
Crop harvested every four to five days. Returns usually take 1-2 weeks.
Tip: if some shoots are stretched, you need to pour the earth around the plant, that is, to pile up. The procedure is carried out during the "molting" of the root, when its skin is cracking, and it begins to thicken. Powders and hilling detain marks and favor the formation of succulent root crops.
Important rules for horticulture
In the middle lane, heating is optional, but desirable in case of a force majeure cold snaps. The greenhouse must be covered with polycarbonate. Radishes are planted in unheated rooms before winter, that is, at the end of October or November. In fully equipped premises, culture is diluted throughout the whole year.
Agrotechnika cultivation of radishes in the greenhouse in winter does not differ from the standard. Sown beds also mulch and cover with foil. If the air temperature “overboard” falls below -7-10 ° C, add another layer of shelter (from agrofibre). Although the culture is frost-resistant, the soil should be warm - from + 2-7 ° С.
For winter breeding, Dutch varieties that are well tolerated by the lack of light are especially useful. In the case of their use, you can do without additional lighting and save money on payment for electricity. Based on the reviews of professional farmers engaged in the cultivation of radish in the winter for more than one year, we can distinguish the varieties:
- “Cherryat F1 ″ is a high-yielding variety that does not give shooters, the roots are quite large, they do not taste bitter, they do not form voids.
- “Sora F1 ″ is suitable for year-round cultivation, has large fruits, tolerates any daylight conditions.
- “Fan” is an ultra-early variety: the radish ripens already on the 20th day after the appearance of the sprouts.
Nuances of regular care
After the seeds have grown, in the mornings the cover is removed to give access to the light, and in the evening they are returned back. Sowing is usually the dotted method: 6 to 6 cm, or 7 to 7 cm, the greater the distance, the earlier the garden radish ripens and has larger roots. Dutch breeders give agrotechnical recommendations on packages with their products, it makes sense to use it.
Caring for plants is reduced to watering, but the main thing is to maintain a certain mode of heat and humidity. Before the first shoots, the air temperature should be around 20-25 ° C, then it will be sharply reduced to three to four days to 5-6 ° C. After the deployment of the cotyledon leaves, but until these leaves appear, they maintain 8–10 ° C, and after a couple of days, they establish a constant regime at the level of 12–18 ° C. Humidity should be in the region of 60-70%. Before the formation of root crops, the beds are rarely watered, then the amount of water is increased.
Growing radishes in a greenhouse is a simple event that allows you to get an early organic crop for your loved ones and friends. Of course, when cultivating a vegetable for commercial purposes or in winter time, more experience, skills and special tools will be needed, but even this procedure is quite capable of even novice vegetable growers.
Before sowing radish in a greenhouse, it is very important to properly prepare the substrate, what they have been doing since autumn. It is not a secret that for abundant harvest the soil should be sufficiently nutritious, therefore mineral fertilizers are introduced into it in the form of superphosphate (40 g per 1 m²) and potassium chloride (15 g per 1 m²).
In addition, it should be characterized by neutral acidity, as the plant often suffers on acidic soils.
If necessary (if the land is very depleted by previous crops), you can additionally fertilize it with organic matter, bringing in a bucket of compost per square meter of territory. After that, the soil should be dug, leveled and left for some time to organize the ridges a little later and plant radishes.
The second, equally important issue before planting radish in the greenhouse - the preparation of selected seeds. All of them should be quite large (about 3.5 mm) and completely healthy. In order to select the best quality specimens, you will have to perform the usual home sorting, sifting all the seed through a 2 mm sieve. Those that remain in it, you can safely use for planting, soaking before that for several days (just wrap in wet gauze, keeping it wet all the specified time).
Ready for planting seeds should have a few sprouts, and as soon as they appear, they are washed and lowered into a growth stimulator solution for several hours. After that, all planting material is washed again and left to dry completely on a cloth. Everything, it is possible to land a radish on the place allocated for it in the greenhouse.
If your polycarbonate greenhouse is equipped with a good heating system, then you can grow radish all year round, sowing it at any time. However, the best option is considered to be the spring period (March-April), especially if you grow a root vegetable for yourself.
With the arrival of the first heat and the increase in daylight hours, you will not have to spend a lot of money on heating and lighting facilities, which makes growing plants more profitable.
The process of planting radishes begins with loosening the soil and organizing suitable beds, for which you can use the cord to mark grooves located 7-10 cm apart from each other, and make centimeter grooves in each of them (this will help a thin planochka). In the resulting grooves, the seeds are placed at a distance of 1-2 cm from each other, then sprinkling them with light soil. Immediately after planting, plantings are watered from the sprayer and left to grow, creating all the necessary conditions for this: temperature and light.
So that the seedlings feel good, the temperature during their landing should be within + 10 ... + 12 ° C, and then rise to + 16 ... + 18 ° C (ideal for germination). As soon as the first cotyledon leaves appear, the temperature indices immediately drop to + 8 ... + 10 ° C and are maintained at this level for three days.
As for the lighting, then the ideal indicators will be the values in 1200-1300 lux, with a light day at 12 o'clock. In winter or early spring landing, it is mandatory to highlight the LED or fluorescent lamps. Similar conditions should be observed when growing radishes in cassettes, and the difference is only in a more convenient way of planting (nothing needs to be marked up, it is enough just to put the prepared soil mixture into small holes and place the roots in it).
To obtain a good result in the form of a bountiful harvest, it is simply unacceptable to ignore the requirements for caring for a radish planted in a greenhouse. As with the cultivation of other garden crops, there are several main aspects to this issue:
- Watering. Radish grows well only in a moist substrate, so the soil should not be allowed to dry out. The result of this omission will be a significant yield loss. With the cassette growing method, watering should be done only from below, through special drainage holes, moistening the substrate up to 10-15 cm. In order to less moisture evaporated, sprinkle the soil with peat or humus.
- Humidity. Radish does not like increased air humidity, as in this case the risk of developing typical diseases increases several times (the most common “black leg”). To exclude the possible manifestation of the disease, it is very desirable to ventilate the greenhouse after each watering.
- Top dressing. The fertilizer of the planted plants is performed mainly when not enough nutrients were introduced into the soil in the autumn (before planting). Additionally, it is possible to enrich the substrate with the help of superphosphate diluted in water, urea or wood ash, and nitrogen fertilizing will also be useful. The latter is made on the basis of a calculation of 20-30 g per 1 square meter of territory.
- Weeding and thinning. A few days after planting radishes, it will already need to be thinned out, otherwise, instead of the growth of root crops, you will observe an increase in the green mass of the plants. В дальнейшем понадобиться ещё несколько прополок и обязательное рыхление почвы.
- Профилактика заболеваний. Чтобы избежать появления и развития наиболее распространённых недугов редиски, профилактические обработки исключать не стоит.Alternatively, young plants can be sprayed with a solution of wood ash and laundry soap in a 2: 1 ratio. In this way, you can protect your radish from powdery mildew and the already mentioned “black leg” by additionally scaring away cabbage moth, cruciferous midges and caterpillars from it.
- Wintering. If there is a heating system in the greenhouse, wintering should not become a problem, because for plants that are warm, there is no difference what is happening on the street. However, when using this structure only in a relatively warm season and without heating, you will have to take care of additional shelter of sprouts in early spring and late autumn (usually polyethylene is stretched over the beds).
Simply put, putting in a relatively little effort, you get a good harvest of tasty and healthy home-made radish, ready to harvest.
Collection and storage
By harvesting, you can go 30-45 days after planting the crop, when the radish grows to two centimeters or a little more. To delay with this is not worth it, because the plant can go to the arrow and become overly rigid, unsuitable for food purposes. Harvesting is done in a selective manner, leaving small fruits in the garden to ripen. After all the harvesting has been done, it remains only to prepare the soil for the next planting cycle, because this crop can be grown in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate all year round.
Harvest should be stored in a cool room, pre-packaged in packages.
Using a polycarbonate greenhouse for growing radishes, you will notice the benefits after the first harvest of root crops, and it does not matter if you grow them for your own use or for sale. All you need to succeed is a little time and patience, and the result of your efforts will be a crispy and fragrant radish grown without nitrates.
Brief description of the plant
Experienced gardeners and gardeners claim that this vegetable is completely unpretentious and can be grown in greenhouses throughout the year. Radish is rightly called one of the most useful vegetables, because it is rich in organic acids, proteins, carbohydrates and vitamins.
Also, radishes are useful to periodically be eaten by those who have a lack of iron and magnesium in the body. The radish has unusual flavoring notes thanks to essential oils.
We plant radishes in the greenhouse
Growing radish on the base of greenhouses is not a difficult process. To fruits were large and juicy, you must adhere to simple rules.
The first guarantee of a successful harvest is the sun. If the greenhouse is located on the sunny side, the plant will feel great and enjoy the fruits. In severe frosts, you must take care of proper heating of the room.
Radish refers to perennial plants. It loves not only light, but also moisture. It is worth noting that this plant easily tolerates cooling.
Features of growing
Before planting radishes in the greenhouse you need to familiarize yourself with certain features of the vegetable.
Radish belongs to the cabbage family. This is an annual plant. If the light is not enough, the root crop will be scarce. In this regard, it is better to plant radishes at a time when the day is longer than night.
The best time is spring. Additional lighting in the greenhouse is a must if you intend to grow vegetables in the winter.
The lowest temperature that radishes tolerate is 3 degrees Celsius below zero. But this does not mean that you can do without heating greenhouses, especially in the area where the winters are harsh and frosty.
The optimal temperature for a radish in a greenhouse in winter is about 20 degrees Celsius above zero. Strong heat affects the vegetable negatively. In this case, the fruit will be sluggish and flabby.
Also, the crop is strongly influenced by the condition of the soil. If there is a high acid content in the land, it is better to be from the idea of planting radishes in it, otherwise the root crop will become infected with a keel. In addition, the soil must be saturated with nitrogen. His lack of a negative impact on the state of the root.
Preparing land for planting
The best soil option is neutral. If you plan to plant radishes in the greenhouse in the spring, then the land must be prepared in the autumn. To do this, dig the soil thoroughly and feed it with fertilizer.
The optimal composition for feeding: 15 grams of potassium chloride and 40 grams of superphosphate per "square". If you overdo it with minerals and trace elements, then the plant can get sick.
In order to neutralize the acidic environment of the soil, it is necessary to fertilize it with compost, at the rate of one and a half buckets per square meter.
Together with the preparation of the soil you need to take care of the beds. Their width should be about a meter.
The harvest depends not only on the preparation of the land, the greenhouse, but also on the choice of variety. Experts identify a number of the most common varieties:
- The heat is an unpretentious variety that quickly rises.
- Radish varieties "Zarya" is different from the rest of the high resistance to stress.
- If you want to get a harvest in the shortest possible time, then you should choose a variety of early ripening "Saks". You will receive fruits in a month.
- For the cultivation of radish in greenhouses in winter is an excellent variety of "Early Red". This variety feels great under artificial lamps and does not need sunlight to produce large and tasty fruits.
- Also, the variety "Early Red" feels great when artificially heated.
You can choose any of the above varieties and try to grow them personally and compare them to taste.
In the photos of different varieties of radishes in the greenhouse, you can appreciate how the fruits differ from each other.
Selection and preparation of seeds
For greenhouse cultivation in the sale of special varieties can be found. And, although they, as a rule, have already been processed, you need to give them a little more attention. If there is a lot of seeds, it is necessary to select the best. First of all, make a calibration, select the largest seeds, preferably from 3 mm in diameter and larger. Then pour warm water and wait for a while until some of the seeds sink to the bottom. Those that remained afloat, most likely, are empty and will not give shoots. Now it is necessary to drain the seeds that have sunk to the bottom and place them in a weak manganese solution for half an hour. After the disinfection procedure, seed should be placed in a moistened cloth for germination. It will take 2-4 days depending on its quality and temperature in the room.
Temperature and soil heating
In a winter greenhouse on natural ground it is necessary to lay an electric or water circuit in the ground for heating.
In conditions of not too low temperatures, the heat source can be biofuel - manure and plant residues. The soil will remain optimally heated in conditions of autumn or early spring planting.
If soil heating is difficult, a container-growing method using racks raised above the ground may be an option.
Over the entire growing period, the temperature regime must be corrected several times. The first days it is desirable to maintain low rates within 15C, it will accelerate germination. Then the thermometer should be lowered to 8-10C, so that the shoots are not stretched in length. After the tops have got stronger, it is necessary to create conditions in 18-20С for the best formation of root crops.
Watering and feeding
The supply of water and nutrient mixtures in the cassette method of cultivation should be carried out through the drainage from below. In other cases, sprinkling is practiced. Before emergence of shoots it is necessary to water daily, then - once in 2-3 days. Drying of the soil is unacceptable, because from this coarse rind of root crops, and then after abundant moisture, they can crack.
After the irrigation procedure, it is necessary to ventilate the greenhouse in order to avoid increased dampness, which can provoke fungal diseases. Airing is also required when the air temperature is too high, over 20-24C.
In greenhouses made of polycarbonate, more careful control over temperature and humidity due to the rapid heating of the structure is required. In spring and autumn, it has a positive effect on the growth and development of root crops. In winter, too warm air is undesirable because the radish will grow in the growth of the leaves, and the roots will remain underdeveloped.
Fertilizing greenhouse radish grown in a properly formulated substrate is necessary only if several crops of vegetables have already been grown at this place. In other cases, it is not required. For feeding using conventional nutritional mixtures intended for vegetable crops.
Optimum light day for ripening radish - 12 hours. In winter you have to think about additional lighting. For illumination ordinary fluorescent lamps are used. In the spring greenhouses (end of March - early April) additional light may no longer be needed.
A longer light day is also undesirable for growing this vegetable crop in greenhouse conditions, as well as being too short. This can lead to a friendly release of flower stalks, which dramatically reduces the quality of the crop. Therefore, in the summer or late spring, it is recommended to use a dark film, which is covered in the evening with a structure on top.
Diseases and pests
The use of land in the garden leaves the danger of infection, so greenhouse crops can suffer from the same diseases as in open ground. In addition, increased humidity and heat can lead to the formation of fungus. Against fungal diseases, an aqueous solution of soap or wood ash per 1 liter of water is used: 1 cup of ash or 50 g of laundry soap without fragrances.
Of the pests more often than other radishes affects cruciferous flea, which is also afraid of ash. Frightens it and tobacco dust.
In the absence of airing or thickened plantings, sometimes crops sow bacteriosis and powdery mildew.
In the cold season, field mice can pose an unexpected danger. To deal with them is not easy, as in granaries.
You can temporarily settle in a cat's room or use other known methods of rodent control.
It is best to grow radishes in greenhouses in the offseason, and at other times use a place to grow more valuable heat-loving crops with a relatively short growing season. It is necessary to take into account the fact that planting this vegetable in the country greenhouses of a small area in winter is not advisable, since maintaining the necessary temperatures in a small circuit is difficult and large daily fluctuations will be observed. In general, the cultivation of radish in protected ground is not troublesome. If you add crops with fresh greens, you can provide your family with a year-round high-grade vitamin table.
The advantages of the greenhouse
Radish in the greenhouse
Growing radish in a greenhouse is becoming popular in regions with the most diverse climates. And this is quite logical, because it has many advantages over the cultivation of crops in the open field.
- The greenhouse allows you to grow radishes all year round. Even in winter, many gardeners grow it for personal consumption and sale.
- In the greenhouse increases the yield, if you choose the right variety.
- Climatic conditions can be controlled or at least slightly adjusted.
- Strong winds, cold snaps, night frosts in early spring and other cataclysms do not threaten the harvest.
- Radish grows in the greenhouse faster than in the open field.
- With proper care, radish from the greenhouse turns out to be as tasty, big and beautiful as with open ground.
What conditions does radish need?
Not every greenhouse radish can grow well and quickly. For this he needs to provide certain conditions.
- There can be any type of greenhouse, but if it is a question of growing radish in a greenhouse in winter, then only good non-film greenhouses that can retain heat are suitable.
- Growing radish in a greenhouse involves maintaining a certain microclimate. The temperature required for germination is +18 degrees. At lower temperatures, development will be slow. Growing a root crop requires a temperature not lower than +10 degrees, and for pouring it + 15 ... + 18 degrees.
- Heating can be any, as long as the temperature is correct. It may be central heating, heater, charcoal stove, biofuel and so on.
- Illumination is regulated regardless of the period of the year. For winter greenhouses need to do artificial lighting. Light day should be 8-12 hours. Illumination remains within 900-1200 lux.
- Humidity is maintained at 70% throughout the year.
- Airing is mandatory, even if it is cold outside. In greenhouses, with a constant stagnation of air, fungal diseases often develop, so you need to adjust the ventilation system or ventilate the building simply by opening the window.
How to plant and care for radishes in the greenhouse?
Radish seeds can be sown simply in the greenhouse soil or in separate boxes, which are then installed on the tier racks or table tops. But regardless of where exactly the crops will be located in the greenhouse, it is necessary to sow radishes correctly. In the ground are made furrows 1.5-2 cm deep. The ground should be soft, loose. Germinated seeds are not densely sown in the furrows and covered with earth. Tamping them is not necessary, but it does not hurt - you will see the place of sowing.
After the greenhouse has been established for the cultivation of radish and the crop itself has been sown, it must be provided with proper care. Radish grows quickly, but to get a lot of root crops throughout the year, you need to put a lot of effort.
- After sowing, the bed is left for a while, so that the seeds germinate. The only thing that may be needed is watering. It is impossible for the earth to dry up, otherwise the root crop will simply not develop. Watering radish 2 times a week with the calculation of 15 liters of water per square meter.
- Watering conducted root or in the form of sprinkling. The latter is very useful at high temperatures and you should not be afraid to use it, because there is no scorching sun in the greenhouses, so there will be no burns on the leaves.
- If sprouted shoots grow too thick, you need to thin them. Growing radish in a greenhouse involves plant normalization, otherwise you can not wait for a good harvest. Between individual seedlings, 2-3 cm of free space should be left so that the root crops have room to grow.
- Top dressing bring with watering or separately. But often they can not hold. Radish ripens quickly, and if it is too late to feed it, the fertilizer will not have time to completely decompose and can harm the taste of the root or reduce its benefits. Feed radishes better 1-2 times during the entire development. Once after germination, the second - after 1 week, if growth will slow down.
- To reduce the amount of watering and provide radishes with a good nutrient medium, the aisle can be mulched with peat, humus or compost.
- The vegetative period of radish depends on the variety and varies within 45 days. Harvested as ripening. Perederzhivat it in the ground is not recommended, especially if it is for sale, because many varieties are susceptible to cracking.
Nuances of greenhouse cultivation
The main problem faced by gardeners when growing radish in a greenhouse - diseases and pests. High humidity, a variety of crops, the absence of low temperatures lead to the reproduction of fungus, mold, as well as a number of heat-loving insects.
Most of all from insects radishes like to eat cruciferous flea. If they were seen in the greenhouse (even if not on the radish itself, but on another plant), the planting of the radish should be treated with tobacco dust or well chopped wood ash. They need to sprinkle the tops and the ground around.
Growing radish in a greenhouse can be a real problem if rodents are common on the plot. From field mice, which often "wander" into the greenhouse, will help electric repeller, cat, bait or a trap.
Diseases in greenhouses are not uncommon. And if you do not fight them from time to time, they will completely fill the entire room (walls, earth, plants, ceiling, and so on). For radish, powdery mildew and bacteriosis are the most destructive. It is possible to cope with them by spraying the beds with biofungicides “Planriz”, “Fitosporin-M”, “Alirin-B”.
Growing radish in a greenhouse in winter for sale
Radish in a greenhouse in winter
Growing radish in a greenhouse in winter is a profitable business. But you can get real benefits only if the greenhouse is properly organized. For example, the room should always be warm. This can be achieved by the built-in heating system, heaters, biofuel. Observed in a mandatory manner and the light regime, humidity, regular ventilation, treatment from parasites, pests, diseases.
Growing radishes in winter is not very difficult. If you get the hang of it, you can collect large harvests every month. For beginner businessmen who want to try themselves in this business, below are recommendations.
- The greatest demand for radishes is observed in summer and in winter, when it is difficult to grow it in open ground. Цены сильно возрастают, как и спрос – найти покупателей и остаться в выгоде легко. Поэтому выгодно выращивать редис в теплицах именно в эти периоды. А вот осенью и весной можно получить желанные выходные и отдохнуть.
- Чем больше площадь теплицы, тем больше можно собирать урожаев. А если оборудовать стеллажную систему, то количество урожая возрастает в разы.
- Нельзя экономить на температуре в теплице. Редис зимой стоит дорого и полностью окупает свое выращивание. But if you skimp and do not give the plant enough heat, light or fertilizing, you can lose valuable customers.
- Varieties are better to choose juicy, sweet, as in winter radishes are more often used for fresh, vitamin salads, and not for cooking first and second courses. So the more delicious it is, the better.
- Growing radishes in winter is best uninterrupted. Seeds are planted every 2-3 weeks, just like the harvest. This allows the gardener to always carry with him the right amount of goods for sale.
Radish - useful and popular culture. Finding points of sale or regular customers in the presence of a regular and high-quality greenhouse crop is not difficult at all, therefore such a business quickly pays for itself and has many advantages. As for the shortcomings, then it is worth noting a large amount of work, as well as significant initial investments in equipment and the cultivation of the first lots of the crop.
Growing radish in the greenhouse: the choice of varieties, planting and care
The most pleasant moment in any landing! We selectively remove, we do not expect too big heads, they will start to dervine. The best to taste radishes will be if you water it in the morning and pick it for lunch!
Seeds germinate at + 2 + 4 ° C!Subsequently, the temperature should be between 15 and 20 degrees Celsius in the daytime, and from 8 to 10 degrees - at night.
Choosing a variety of radish for planting in the greenhouse
Mineral fertilizers should be applied to the soil in the following proportions per square meter of soil:Remove snow from the greenhouse surface
Let's look at the main varieties of this root, which are recommended for growing in greenhouses.In this article we will consider in detail such a topic as planting radishes in a greenhouse. After reading the material, you will no longer have questions about how to get a good harvest of tasty root crops. Choose the seed variety that gives the best germination and bulk yield. For germination in greenhouses are well suited such names: Dawn, Heat, Greenhouse, Early Red, Gribovsky, Sachs, Ilka, Corundum. Check the quality of the seeds: immerse them in saline solution, take them out, they are not suitable for sowing. Use only full grains.
Sowing radish in the greenhouse
Not all radish varieties react equally well to planting in the winter, although almost any of them can create the conditions necessary for growth and development.
Growing radishes in the country, in a greenhouse or in the open field, can absolutely everyone. Growing radish is interesting to all summer residents without exception, because culture has many positive aspects, and most importantly, a unique fresh taste. Today we look at the cultivation of radish in the greenhouse and choose the best varieties for this.
I am sure that the cultivation of radish in the greenhouse in the winter, now it's not a secret for you! I wish you a healthy and tasty harvest!Need a short but strongly lit daylight
Radish is good because it can withstand frost down to -5 degrees.
Forty grams of superphosphate,If necessary, perform repairs of the frame, plating.
Conditions for growing radish in a greenhouse
"Varta" - this variety is not only resistant to flabbiness, but is characterized by rapid maturation.In general, radishes are unpretentious and easy to grow. Therefore, if you are interested in the question of when to plant radishes in a greenhouse, the answer to it will be simple - at least all year round! The main thing is to follow all the rules, including storage.
Plant seeds. Make a few grooves 15 cm apart, 2-3 cm deep. Sow radishes in them. Use on 10 square meters 40-50 grams of seeds. Smooth the ground with a rake, without breaking the ridges. Cover the crops with a wrap so that the seeds sprout faster.
Studying these conditions, you can push yourself to the idea that the radish is simply created for growing in winter greenhouses, so correspond to the requirements of the plants to our minimum investment and work.Radish is a cold-resistant crop, but naturally it will not work in winter in conditions of open ground. Therefore, we decided to sow radish seeds in a greenhouse and grow crops in a special building, using the recommendations of summer residents, who have been growing radishes for the winter, for this purpose.
The soil should be prepared in advance, in the fall. Mineral fertilizers are applied at the rate of 40 g of superphosphate and 15 g of potassium chloride per m². The soil should be neutral, the radish starts to ache on acidic soil. If it is not rich in organic matter or depleted by a previous crop, you should also add a bucket and a half of compost for each m². After that, dig up the soil, level and leave until spring. Also in advance you need to prepare the ridge in 1m wide.Suitable temperature for radish growth from +10 to + 16◦С The required humidity is achieved by watering the plants.
Fifteen grams of sodium chloride.Such preparation will allow to ensure a favorable temperature in the greenhouse at the time of planting, to thaw out the ground.
- Provide shoots with sufficient illumination and temperature conditions of 18-20 degrees. Water the planting 1 time in 3 days. To prevent the plant from producing powerful shooters, reduce the amount of light: set the frame at a height of 50 cm, at 18 o'clock put heavy material on it (tarpaulin, roofing felt), and remove it only at 7 in the morning. This method will ensure the cultivation of dense bulk root crops. After the first shoots appear, spin the beds, leaving the distance between the plants at least 3-4 cm. Weed out the weeds in time. Note that radishes are highly susceptible to pest attacks (for example, cruciferous flea). To avoid infection, take preventive measures: pollinate the plants with a mixture of ash and tobacco dust, spray the greens with infusion of garlic.
- Judge for yourself, the seeds germinate in the soil at a temperature of just + 2 + 3 ° C, which can be easily achieved in any greenhouse with minimal investment. It is important to know that the seedlings have the strength to endure even light frosts, up to -4 ° C. Naturally, shoots appear in the greenhouse much longer than in the warm season. If in spring, summer and even in autumn it takes about three days, in winter the radish rises about 12-14 days.
- According to professionals, this is a rather simple idea, especially if the greenhouse is in working condition and it does not need to be cooked specifically for radish. The main thing is to have a protected and hermetic building with a light-transmitting covering, heating, lighting and ventilation inside, quality soil and the possibility of irrigation.
- The soil for radish is carefully prepared.
- Carries short-term frosts down to -4◦С
Planting radish in the greenhouse - especially the preparation of seeds and the cultivation of root crops
It is necessary to water when the soil dries:
Council If other vegetables were grown on the ground or the soil as a whole is depleted, it is necessary to deposit about one bucket of compost for each square meter of soil and dig up the surface, level it and leave until spring.
Radish in a greenhouse in pots
"Quart" is another variety characterized by rapid maturation. It is ideal for growing in greenhouses. A unique feature of this variety is that it is resistant to low temperatures.
- Photo of radish seeds
- Harvest in a timely manner, preventing the radish from becoming rough and bitter. Some early ripening varieties are ready for harvest in 20-25 days.
- Radish is a cold-resistant crop, but naturally it will not work in winter in conditions of open ground
- Cultivation of radish will require not a lot of time from you, but decent knowledge
- After that you can go to the selection of seeds. Success in the cultivation of radish in the greenhouse largely depends on the correctness of the choice of variety, since not everyone is suitable for this purpose. Greenhouse (best for growing in spring, resistant to rifle), Zarya (stress resistant variety), Heat (ideal for early forcing), Sachs (early, time from sowing to harvest - less than a month), Early red (created for growing in winter greenhouses).
- Quickly forms a crop (up to 50 days in a greenhouse in winter)
- Shed the earth up to ten centimeters deep,
The price of such preparation will be minimal, but it will allow to ensure really high yields, and even on the photo, the crops themselves will look beautiful and healthy.
How to choose seeds - basic recommendations
It is possible to begin planting radishes after the top three centimeters of soil have completely thawed and are soft.
This does not affect the final yield. It does not affect the lack of light. Although the period of maturation is extended. Plants of this variety are also resistant to the formation of arrows.
During one growing season, you can make several crops, which will allow you to have fresh radishes on your table virtually every year. And if you want - also earn on it!
The basis of the harvest - good seeds
We feel the true arrival of spring when the first radish appears on the markets and on the store shelves.After the emergence of shoots, we can thin out the rows, if necessary, and continue growing. At this stage, the temperature inside should be maintained already at + 9 ° C in winter, and up to + 16 + 17 ° C in early spring. It is also necessary to monitor the temperature of the soil in which radishes are planted - + 11 + 14 ° С.
Not all radish varieties react equally well to planting in winter, although almost any of them can create the conditions necessary for growth and development. We decided to choose not only the most popular varieties of radish, but also the most resistant, which are most suitable for greenhouse soil.
Picking up varieties of different ripening period, you can extend the harvest
If you have a heated greenhouse, then you can safely grow radishes in winter and early spring for sale. And just for your family. After all, now vitamins are just the way. Although radishes and easy-care culture, but it has its own characteristics, without which you can not grow a good harvest.
Watering is necessary every three days, and at high temperatures and intense drying of the soil - more often.
- So now everything is ready for landing.
- Choosing a variety of radish, be sure to calibrate the planting material. According to experts, it is better to choose large seeds for planting, since this will ensure the speed of development and ripening of root crops.
- "French breakfast",
- "Icicle" - the name given for the original shape of the fruit. They are elongated and slightly whitish. The length of the root can reach twelve centimeters. The variety grows equally well, both in the greenhouse and in the open field.
- If you are interested in how to plant radishes in a greenhouse, we immediately note that much depends on the correct selection of planting material. Please note that not all varieties are intended for cultivation in the greenhouse
Variety of varieties
This root crop can be obtained at the end of April - beginning of May, naturally, if it is grown in greenhouses.
- It is very important and correct lighting for radish in the winter greenhouse. It is necessary to organize a short light day, but an increased light intensity will be a prerequisite. If the lighting is longer and less bright, the radish can start shooting, which will have a very negative impact on the harvest.
- Watering radish in the greenhouse-- a very important point, since it is the amount of moisture consumed by the crop that governs the taste of the fruit.
- Radishes in a greenhouse can be grown all year round if there is a heating system. The conditions of the middle lane make it possible to grow radish in a greenhouse in winter, in February, even if it does not have heating. Already in March, about 1-2 weeks before the planned planting of seeds, you need to put the greenhouse in order, clean off the snow, repair the frame if necessary and tighten the film. This will help the soil to thaw faster. After the top 3-5 cm of soil become soft, planting radishes in the greenhouse is already possible. Those who have not prepared the beds in the fall will have to wait for complete thawing, apply fertilizer, carry out digging and leveling, and only then begin to sow.
Radish shoots in the greenhouse
- Watering is extremely important for radish, because the lack of moisture has a negative impact on crop yields, and the roots themselves become rough, dry, bitter.
It also has its own features and recommendations that must be adhered to, which will ensure a good harvest:
- Root seeds
- Oblong Root Vegetables
- Radish in the greenhouse - high yield of tasty root vegetables
- For planting it is necessary to choose large seeds of radish, a fraction of 2.5-2.8 mm, and precisely those varieties that correspond to the cultivation of radish in winter
- So, it is Saksa, Rova, Verano, Warta, Silesia, Robin, Helro and others.
Seeds are calibrated before planting. The larger the seeds, the faster the radish will develop.
Land is prepared in the fall. After tomatoes, it is usually very depleted, so you need to puff with the addition of humus and ash. In a greenhouse with heated radishes, you can begin to sow in January. If a simple greenhouse, then as the weather permits. It is desirable at night about 0 ° C, and in the daytime it would warm to + 15 + 20 - in the Urals this weather usually begins in March.
- However, if you missed watering and then flooded the ground with too much water, then the roots also suffer - they simply crack. (See also the article Features of the installation of automatic irrigation of the greenhouse with their own hands)
- Depth of sowing seeds - one centimeter,
- Calibration is performed as follows:
- "Deca" - perhaps the ideal variety, created specifically for growing in greenhouses. On ripening root crops need from three to four weeks. It is characterized by the highest yield - more than three and a half kilograms of radish can be harvested from one square meter of crops.
- Many are bred for open ground. Of course, there are so-called universal varieties that are successfully grown, both in open ground and in the greenhouse.
- In addition to early ripening, this root crop is characterized by the content of a large number of various beneficial elements, especially necessary for our body in the spring.
- Watering radish in the greenhouse is a very important point, since it is the amount of moisture consumed by the crop that regulates the taste of the fruit.
How to extend the harvest
According to the observations of professionals, it is these varieties of radish that have the best performance in terms of the number and quality of seedlings, the rate of ripening and the quality of the crop.
Before sowing, seeds should be sifted through a sieve with a mesh size of 2 mm. This will allow to select the best planting material. In addition, it is useful to treat the seeds with potassium permanganate to reduce the chance of disease. Sowing radish in the greenhouse is carried out manually, the distance between the seeds should be 1-2 cm, between the rows - 6-8 cm. As a result, the flow should be about 4-5 g per m². The more evenly the seeds are located, the less they will have to be thinned in the future. The depth of embedding is no more than 1 cm.
It is necessary to cover the ground with a film, under it it warms up quickly. And at first, put a radish under shelter. If you live nearby and can open-close in time due to the weather, cover with a film, and if the area is far away, then cover with a covering material - the plants breathe under it, they will not boil from the heat, and will be warmer at night.
Watering radish sprouts
What greenhouse is suitable for radish
Greenhouses differ in the quality of the coating material:
- Glass coating
- Polycarbonate greenhouse.
- Manufacture building.
We recommend to pay attention to the polycarbonate greenhouse, which has several advantages:
- Polycarbonate is a more reliable material than a film that can tear under the action of wind and rain. The design of the frame is stable. Greenhouse will last a long time.
- Polycarbonate sheets are thicker than a film; such a greenhouse accumulates heat well and protects it in winter.
- Install a ventilation and watering system, heating. Vents are provided for ventilation.
- The construction is cheaper than a greenhouse in an industrial building.
- A wide range for customers: there is a choice of designs, different in size, adjustable.
- In the greenhouse it is easy to install shelves solid or mesh, shelving.
It is important that the greenhouse made of polycarbonate has a pleasant appearance.
Features of the correct sowing of seeds and subsequent care of radishes
"Krakowyanka" - the fruits of this variety are soft, gentle, of weak sharpness. Ideal for growing in a film greenhouse.
- As you understand, juicy and pleasant radish is obtained only in the case of systemic and timely watering, when the amount of moisture is constantly maintained in the soil. If it happens that water is saved or there are serious failures with irrigation, the roots can become bitter in taste and quite hard.
- The technology of growing radish in a greenhouse implies a careful selection of high-quality and healthy seeds. Such people will be able to survive in closed ground and show the expected result.
- Radishes are watered as the soil dries out, shedding it 10-15 cm deep, usually you have to do this every 2-3 days, but in hot weather you can do it every day. К регулярности поливов эта культура весьма требовательна. От пересыхания корнеплоды начинают грубеть, а если после этого их сразу залить водой – растрескаются. Почву можно подсыпать сверху торфом или перегноем, слоем не более 1 см, эта процедура уменьшит испаряемость влаги и задержит ее в почве. После полива следует хорошо проветрить, так как из-за высокой влажности воздуха редиска в теплице может заболеть черной ножкой.Together with irrigation 1-2 times it is desirable to feed nitrogen fertilizer, making them at the rate of 20-30 g per m². Aisle weed and loosen as necessary.
You do not need to germinate seeds in advance; you can hold it a little in light pink manganese. You can read about other methods of seed treatment before planting.
Ensuring normal temperature
Simultaneously with watering twice during the ripening period of the fruit, it is recommended to fertilize the crop with nitrogen fertilizer - up to thirty grams per square meter should be applied. Do not forget to perform loosening between the rows.
Guided by these recommendations for planting, seed consumption will be approximately five grams per square meter of soil.
- The remaining seeds in the sieve are suitable for planting, and the fallen seeds can be discarded,
- Naturally, such requirements are not needed in all regions. For example, in certain areas of the country, the harvest of radish in late February - early March can be obtained in greenhouses even without heating.
- "Rex F1" - one of the best hybrids, which is resistant to the formation of arrows, rapid maturation, ideal for early planting.
- Disease resistant
Cultivation of radish will require from you not a lot of time, but a decent knowledge.
Sow radishes should be according to the scheme, where the distance between rows will be 8 cm, and in the row between planting - about 3-4 cm. Planting takes place in rows or a convenient form of a bed, but to get a good harvest, you must follow the scheme.
Video about radish in the greenhouse
Radish is a very useful guest on any table. It contains a large amount of protein, mustard oils, mineral salts of phosphorus, iron, potassium and sodium. Thanks to its enzymes and vitamins, radish helps the body to wake up from hibernation. That is why it is so pleasant to grow a rich crop using a greenhouse.
Sowing radish ↑
Additionally, I don’t see any reason to water with fertilizers. If ash and humus are added to the ground and so the radish will grow well. And to accumulate excess nitrates is useless, because we grow for ourselves.
When shoots begin to appear, ensure the room is ventilated by lowering the temperature to 6-8 degrees. (See also the article How to make an automatic airing of the greenhouse with your own hands)
Chic crop of radish
Set up the work of the door and window (if any) sashes,
Formation of root crops ↑
Prepare the soil in the greenhouse. It is best to start the preparation in the autumn, so that the harvest arrives as early as possible. Add mineral fertilizers and compost. Lay 50 g of superphosphate, 10 g of calcium chloride per 1 square meter of earth, carefully level the soil. In the spring, clean off the snow, install the cover on the greenhouse (if it is removable), spill the soil with warm water and start sowing when the air temperature reaches +10 degrees. Do not use the same soil for planting radishes for two consecutive years. Optimum to maintain a gap of 3-4 years. It is also unacceptable to plant radishes after cabbage, turnips and radishes.
For heated greenhouses planting dates focus on January. If the greenhouse is not winter, then culture should be sown only from mid-March.
Root crops are well stored if they are laid out in plastic bags (1 kg each) and placed in a cool place. Several crops during the growing season and compliance with the storage conditions of the crop will allow you to have a healthy product on the table for most of the year.
It is a pleasure to harvest such a crop!
Growing radish in a greenhouse in winter is not difficult at all. If you have it heated. And if a simple greenhouse, then in March you can cover the ground with a film for heating. And then sow radishes. Radish is a very suitable crop for planting in the greenhouse.
Hold it for three days. This is necessary in order to avoid pulling sprouts.
Asian and European radish varieties are known. Asian varieties of late ripening. They are large and well stored, suitable for growing in open ground. For greenhouses, professionals recommend European radish varieties. They are small, mature early and are suitable for collecting early spring harvest.
Among the varieties of radish experts distinguish 3 groups, depending on the time of harvest:
- early maturity 16-20 days before harvest,
- early, giving a harvest in 30 days,
- mid-season - after 40 days,
- late ripening - more than 40.
For growing in a polycarbonate greenhouse, in the opinion of gardeners, early-ripening and early varieties of radish are most suitable. But you can grow medium and late ripening varieties, at your discretion.
The early ripening varieties have a fast ripening period (16-20 days), a small root crop, and a low keeping quality.
- "Ultra Early Red" - has a round red root crop weighing up to 15 g. The plant is suitable for use. Harvesting in 20 days.
- Weak-edged "Children's F1" hybrid, matures in 16 days.
- "18 days" has a cylindrical shape and a mild, mild taste.
- "Firstborn F1" hybrid reaches a mass of 35 g, is characterized by resistance to cracking and high yield. (16-18).
Harvesting early varieties occurs one month after planting.
- "Early red" resistant to bolting, high-yielding variety.
- The French breakfast is cylindrical.
- "Heat" resistant to elevated temperature grade with pink-red root crop weighing up to 25-30 g
- Celeste F1 is a Dutch, hybrid, high-yielding variety.
When choosing a variety of radish, consider the factors:
- ripening time
- preferences in shape, color, taste.
Radishes are conveniently grown in cassettes mounted on shelves, racks. They should be picked up in advance.
The most convenient cassette size is 40x40 cm. The number of cells is 64. 35x36 - 49 cells.
The most convenient cells 5x5x5 cm.
Please note greenhouse cassettes should not release harmful substances during consumption.
As already mentioned, you can grow radishes in a greenhouse all year round. The most optimal period of planting seeds is March-April. At this time you do not need to include additional lighting and heating. Roughly early ripening varieties are planted from March 20 to April 10, medium - from late July to the first decade of August, late-ripening - from August 10 to November. Calculate what number you plan to harvest. Count off from this time the number of days until the harvest of the taken variety (indicated on the seed packaging) - and you get the estimated time of disembarkation.
Planting and care
Since the soil has already been dug, it will be enough just to plow it, to plan the beds. If the cold, frozen soil, then the earth is shed with hot water and heated under the film for 2-3 days. It is advisable to treat the soil with a light pink solution of potassium permanganate.
With the help of twine, fixed on two sticks, mark the future grooves - then they will turn out perfectly smooth.
- between seeds in the line 1-2 cm,
- between the lines - 7-10 cm,
- depth 1-1.5 cm (very important).
Approximate seed consumption of 5 g per 1 square. meter.
Having planted the seeds in the wet furrows, lightly sprinkle them with soil (no more than 1 cm), pour them from the sprayer so that they do not go deep into the ground and do not wash out of the furrow.
If disembarking occurs in the cassettes, no marking line is needed. In the wells of the containers should be poured the soil mixture, place the seeds of radish, pour sowing.
Plant care is simple, includes actions:
- Ensure that the corresponding thermal conditions are not disturbed:
- when landing + 10- + 12 ° C,
- for seed germination + 16- + 18,
- with the appearance of the first cotyledon leaves + 8- + 10 (stand for three days).
- For further cultivation - + 16- + 18 ° C.
If it is cool outside, you should turn on the heating in the greenhouse, if it is hot - air conditioning. In a greenhouse that does not have heating, it is necessary to cover the shoots with polyethylene during the cool spring and autumn hours.
- Maintain proper lighting with LED, fluorescent lamps: 12 light hours per day 1200-1300 lux. Do not allow more than 12 hours of daylight, because radishes can shoot arrows. With a long summer light bed beds should be pritenit.
- To get a full harvest, do not let the soil dry out, radish does not like it. After sowing, water the radish every day. When germinate - in a day. Approximate water consumption - up to 8 liters per square meter. meter of soil.
Moisten the soil of the cassettes from the bottom (there are holes for watering) by 10-15 cm. From the quick drying, sprinkle the soil with peat or humus.
- For the prevention of disease should be after each watering to air the greenhouse. Airing is also necessary if the temperature rises to +20 - + 22 ° C.
- If in the fall you have applied a sufficient amount of fertilizer, you will not need to make additional dressings. Otherwise, it is recommended nitrogen supplement (superphosphate, urea, wood ash) according to the packaging instructions. Approximately 20 g per square. meter of soil. If the leaf tops turn yellow, fertilizing with a mixture of mullein with urea at 1:40 will help.
- After the appearance of the first true leaves, radishes must be thinned in order to grow roots, not greens. Thin up to a distance of 3-4 cm between plants for cylindrical species, for round ones up to 5-6 cm, depending on the variety.
- Loosening and weeding are systematic procedures.
- Harvest selectively and quickly. Overripe radish is hard and tasteless.
The most common disease of radish is “black leg”. Sick vegetable due to overmoistening greenhouse atmosphere.
Experts recommend for the prevention of treating plants with a mixture of a solution of wood ash (200 g) and soap (50 g) per bucket of water. The same tool will scare away the shoots of pests (caterpillars, cabbage moth, midges).
You can fight them by pollinating radish with a mixture of sifted wood ash and tobacco dust.
Tips and nuances of growing in a greenhouse
Pay attention to some features of growing products:
- Seeds of radish 2-3 years old can not ascend. Radish seedlings do not, it is badly taken root.
- If you see that radish leaves have become pale green, it means that there are not enough nutrients in the soil.
- The plant easily tolerates cooling (no more than -3 ° C).
- In warm weather, keep the vents and doors of the greenhouse open, only close at night.
- To keep the radish from bursting, water it regularly on hot days every day.
- In the greenhouse, you can apply automatic or drip irrigation.
- Spinach planted next to the radish, ward off pests.