After a long cold winter, you want to see green grass, touch its soft leaves and recall the approaching summer. And bluegrass meadow will help with it. This grass is the earliest, it makes its way, the snow barely melts, painting everything around with spring paints.
Meadow grass meadow - it is one of the most popular lawn grasses. It is not capricious, easily tolerates frost and heat, not demanding on the composition of the soil.
Meadowgrass is a native meadow grassland from distant Australia, but now this grass is widespread in our latitudes and is perceived as something native and quite ordinary.
Meadow grass meadow is considered a valuable perennial crop of the family of grass, it is used to form high-quality lawns.
The root system of the meadow grass meadow is fibrous and friable, the plant forms elastic turf, the roots are located in the upper layer of the soil. Grass strengthens well the top of the soil. Bluegrass meadow forms a fairly large number of leaves. The leaves are straight, narrow, no more than 4 mm wide and up to 30 cm long. The grass has a rich green color. If it is not cut, a peduncle is formed, about 90 cm long.
There are several varieties of bluegrass meadow. For lawns most often used varieties Platini, Connie, Broadway and several others.
Advantages of a meadow grass lawn
Meadow grass meadow is used to form lawns in places of mass rest, as it is resistant to trampling and is quickly restored. It is also recommended to use in problem areas, it quickly grows, visually leveling the surface.
Meadow grass meadow resistant to most diseases and fungi.
This grass is used in the production of rolled lawns.
Also to the advantages of bluegrass meadow can be attributed to a long service life. With proper care, such a lawn can serve up to 50 years.
The lawn from a meadow grass meadow normally transfers heat in the summer and a frost in the winter.
Meadow grass meadow is undemanding to the composition of the soil. It can be used in different climatic zones.
The disadvantages of the meadow grass lawn
Its main disadvantage is that in the first year of the growing season the bluegrass meadow grows extremely slowly. Normal lawn is obtained on the second or even the third year of the growing season. Therefore, meadow grass seeds are usually used in conjunction with other types of lawn grass that grow more actively in the first year. In such a herbal mixture, meadow grass can be more than 50-60%. Most often, meadow grass is supplemented with meadow and red fescue, field shoots and rye grass.
Lawn care from bluegrass meadow
The first few weeks after sowing, the future lawn needs to be watered regularly. After emergence of shoots watering is necessary as the soil dries. If the summer is dry, the lawn should be regularly watered.
After the emergence of seedlings, you can make the first seedling of bluegrass meadow.
The lawn normally tolerates a haircut, grows evenly.
Grass bluegrass seeds in St. Petersburg
Meadow grass meadow - one of the most famous lawn grasses. It is inexpensive to buy bluegrass seeds in the online store Garden and seeds. You can choose a herbal mixture based on this lawn grass or separately buy meadow bluegrass seeds inexpensively and add other herbs of your choice. We offer only the highest quality meadow grass seeds in St. Petersburg. A seed delivery home will save time, nerves and money.
Bluegrass - grass that changes everything around
Previously, the plant was used as feed for livestock and planted exclusively for these purposes. Now, however, bluegrass is mainly used to create a lawn. The plant belongs to the group of early crops, therefore, with the onset of the first heat, one can observe how the lawn gradually turns green and becomes attractive.
To lawn looked brighter in color, it is worth sowing bluegrass thicker.
Covering the soil with a dense carpet, the grass protects it from adverse environmental factors. The plant feels great in different climatic conditions and on any composition of the soil. After the grass reaches four centimeters in height, it should be trimmed. Due to the fact that the leaves grow vertically, the grass is easy to cut. If done correctly, the lawn will be even thicker and spread throughout the territory.
The bluegrass is unpretentious in care and is resistant to most diseases. The period of active growth falls in the spring. The plant reaches adulthood in 4 years. Before winter, the lawn is not clipped, but left with a height of 10 centimeters to ensure the protection of the root system during an unfavorable period.
In order that the grass was always beautiful, you should not forget about combing the lawn. The procedure is carried out with a metal brush. This is necessary in order to remove debris and dry leaves. In those places where the lawn has become bald, it is worth pouring the soil, thus providing the grass with a place to grow. In winter, if a crust has formed on the lawn, it will need to be removed in order for the plant to breathe.
Knowing how many years the grassy bluegrass keeps for a lawn, you can grow a beautiful lawn. With proper care, grass cover will delight with its tidiness for 15 years.
Bluegrass is a perennial grass that has several varieties. All species differ not only in appearance, method of cultivation, but also endurance.
The main varieties of bluegrass meadow:
- "Midnight". Grass is used for lawns of football fields, as it is resistant to various parasites and diseases. The peculiarity of this plant is that it does not wrinkle and copes well with various loads.
- "Sobra". This variety is well established for both the decoration of flower beds, and for the design of sports fields. Plants form an average cover density. The grass is also distinguished by a small width of leafy plates and a rich shade.
- "Horses". Suitable plant to create flower beds. This type of meadow bluegrass is characterized by slow growth and good resistance to diseases.
- Dolphin. This is a lawn bluegrass, which is suitable for creating tennis courts.
- "Panduro". Variety resistant to diseases. When properly seated, it has a beautiful appearance and is very durable.
- Platini. The grass is unpretentious in the care and has a rapid growth. Due to its endurance to the loads, Platini is often used to create football pains.
- "Compact". It is an artificially bred variety that is drought tolerant.
- "Geronimo." The grass forms a dense web. The leaves are bright, small in size.
- "Boutique". Beautiful and dense grass, well combined with other lawn plants.
No less popular varieties of bluegrass meadow to create a lawn is "Balin".
It tolerates frosts, while maintaining a bright green color. Used grass for registration of sports fields. "Balin" is a plant that blooms early and has an average rooting power.
The right choice of seeds
The market is now replete with various grass mixtures for planting lawns. But, if you want to create a beautiful site, then it is recommended to choose high-quality seeds.
Before you buy planting material, you should check its germination. The first thing to do is look at the packaging. The product must be certified in your country and internationally. Also, choose seeds that will be suitable for planting in your area and match the type of lawn you want to receive.
For those who wish to make a classic flower bed, one type of bluegrass is suitable, if the sports field is special. Having decided on the type of lawn, buy some seeds and try to plant them. You do not need to do this in the soil, you can put the grain pre-soaked in boiling water between the layers of sawdust and send it to a warm place. In a few days you will see whether the seeds will come up. Instead of chips it is allowed to use two wipes moistened with water. To determine the quality of the seeds you can pour them for 10 minutes with water. Good planting material will remain at the bottom, and bad - will emerge.
How to sow bluegrass lawn
Experts note that planting this grass is quite simple, and measures to take care of it are also not difficult. Before planting bluegrass meadow, you should know the basic rules. If you follow all the recommendations, the lawn will delight with its appearance for a long time.
The bluegrass has a strong root system that can be restored, even after severe damage.
- Before planting bluegrass meadow, you need to prepare the substrate. It is best to choose a slightly acid loamy soil. In order to get a beautiful thick lawn, you first need to dig up the ground and remove the weeds. Next proizvestkovat, tamp and level the soil, and after that start to sow the seeds.
- It is best to carry out the procedure using a lawn seed drill, but if it is not there, then you need to do it manually. First, the grains are distributed along, and then across the site. This is done so that there are no bald areas. Together with the seeds, it is recommended to sprinkle the soil with fertilizer, which contains nitrogen and potassium. The seeding rate of meadow grass is from 10 to 15 grams per 1 m 2.
- The next stage will be soil compaction with seeds for better consolidation. Grains and fertilizer is convenient to distribute the rink and rake. Depth of planting should be about 2 mm.
It is important to provide the future lawn with a lot of light for its rapid growth. Therefore, for the lawn, choose an open area. In the first year, the bluegrass grows very slowly, only a month later the first blade of grass appears and gradually the ground becomes covered with bushes. You can multiply the bluegrass by dividing the bush. They sit at a short distance from each other. It takes only two months to leave no spaces between them.
Meadow grass meadow - the fine decision for registration of a lawn. Even a beginner can grow it on his plot if he observes all the recommendations. This culture is unpretentious to the climate and soil, growing rapidly. The lawn will delight with fresh greens not one season.