We begin with the simplest and classic way. It turns out so crispy with a sweet and sour taste. Salt and sugar, in fact, you can put according to your own taste.
When I was given this recipe for the first time, it was also indicated to put 2 acetyl tablets. But I do not put them, because I believe that aspirin does not bring any benefit in blanks. This is just my personal opinion. You can put if you want.
Ingredients for 3 liter jar:
- Cabbage - 1.5 kg
- Carrots - 400 gr
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Acetic Essence - 10 ml (dessert spoon)
- Hot boiling water
1. Chop the cabbage, and grate the carrots on a coarse grater (you can use nozzles for Korean carrots). Fold the vegetables into a convenient deep dish and mix evenly.
2. Then transfer everything to the prepared sterilized jar. Top with salt, sugar and add vinegar essence. Make a puncture in the middle with a knife, like a hole. And slowly pour hot boiling water into this hole. Water should cover everything to the top.
To make boiling water easier to sink to the bottom, pierce with a knife in different places so that the free space is filled with water.
3. Next, roll up the cover and turn it over. Cover with a blanket and leave it for 2-3 days, then store it in your vault. Store at room temperature and in a cool place.
And in the winter you will discover and enjoy wonderful crispy pickled cabbage. It is suitable for salads, and for borscht.
The recipe for crisp cabbage for the winter fast in 3 liter jars
For those who do not have enough patience for a long wait for the readiness of blanks, I give this recipe of fast cooking. This cabbage can already be eaten in a day, and you can leave it stored until cold.
- Cabbage - 2 kg
- Carrots - 400 gr
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Water - 0.5 l
- Peas - 10 pcs
- Bay leaf - 3 pieces
- Salt - 2 tablespoons with a slide
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons with a slide
- Vinegar 9% - 125 ml
- Refined vegetable oil - 125 ml
1. Chop the cabbage, rub the carrots on a coarse grater, and chop the garlic into several pieces. And put all in a deep bowl and mix evenly.
2. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then add the peppercorns, bay leaf, salt, sugar and vegetable oil. Put on the fire and, when boiling, leave for another 5 minutes. At the very end, add vinegar and turn off.
3. Cut the vegetables very tightly in a 3 liter jar, tamp them with your hands. And then pour hot marinade.
4. Close the capron lid tightly. Turn the jar a little so that the marinade is sold inside. Leave for 12 hours at room temperature, and then you can put away the jar in storage or eat immediately.
Georgian pickled cabbage with beets for the winter
Try to prepare and for this recipe, with beets and large pieces. This recipe is also called "in Georgian." Here the vegetables are so selected that the aroma is obtained simply unique - spicy-sour-sweet. For lovers of savory tastes, most will be.
- Cabbage - 4 kg
- Beets - 1 kg
- Chilli pepper - 2 pcs
- Garlic - 1 head (large)
- Black pepper peas - 1 tablespoon no slides
- Dill umbrellas (you can take dried) - 4-5 umbrellas per jar
- Salt - 8 tablespoons
- Sugar - 8 tablespoons
- Bay leaf - 16 pieces
- Vinegar 9% - 120 ml
- Water - 5 liters
1. Cut the cabbage into large pieces. Peel the beets and cut into thin slices of arbitrary shape. Cut the garlic in half. Hot pepper cut into small pieces.
2. Place the first layer of beets in sterilized jars, then pieces of white beet, slightly tamping. Next, put 3 pieces of bay leaf, a few peas of pepper, three cloves of chopped garlic. Place 2 umbrellas of dill and 1/4 of the chopped hot pepper.
3. Next, repeat the stacking layers. Fill all the cans to the very top, but don't let the vegetables look out.
4. Now we will deal with marinade. Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add sugar, salt and vinegar. Mix thoroughly until sugar and salt are completely dissolved, then turn it off. Then pour into the jars to the top. Cover with lids.
4. Next, put the jars in the pot, pour water over the hanger and put on fire for sterilization. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Then roll up tightly.
At the bottom of the pan, place some cotton napkin or towel so that the banks do not burst.
5. Then the banks turn over and cover with a blanket. Leave it until cool. Then put the jars in a cool place and in a week our preparations will be ready for use. They can already be eaten or leave until winter.
A very tasty pickled cabbage recipe
This is the most classic cooking option, contains the minimum set of products that will always be in the kitchen. And when used, you can cut into different sizes for any dish. Marinate her in a three-liter jar.
Marinating cabbage for the winter in banks recipes:
- Prepare the vegetable: free from spoiled leaves, wash well, dry and cut into slices (choose the size of the pieces themselves so that it is convenient to put them tightly in the cooked dishes).
- Laying in the bank.
- Cooking marinade: pour water into a saucepan, add salt and granulated sugar. After boiling pouring vinegar, oil. Everything needs to be mixed well, so that the oil spreads well over the entire container, set to minimum heat and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the marinade in the jar with our preparations, tightly cork the lids and leave for 3 days in the room to cool and marinate.
- After this time, our billet can be placed in a cool room (cellar, pantry, refrigerator).
Marinating Instant Cabbage
This recipe is good because it takes very little time from start to full cooking, so pickled cabbage can be savored on the same day. This option is very good for late autumn harvesting, or in the event of an instant desire to try marinades.
- young cabbages - 2 kilograms,
- Table salt - 2 tablespoons,
- granulated sugar - 3 tablespoons,
- acetic acid (9% solution) - 100 milliliters,
- 7 cloves of garlic,
- black pepper peas - 7 peas,
- bay leaf - 4-5 leaves,
- carrot - 2 pieces,
- water - 1 l,
- vegetable oil - 150 ml.
Marinated Instant Cabbage with Vinegar:
- Vegetables well washed, dried, if necessary, remove spoiled leaves.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- In a saucepan, pour the water with the addition of bay leaf, pepper and salt. Next add sugar and bring to a boil. Cook over low heat until the salt and sugar dissolve (5-7 minutes).
- At the last stage, add acetic acid. Then mix the marinade and remove the pan from the stove. Brine to cool.
- Cabbage mix together with carrots. Next, add garlic, passed through the garlic press (if it is not at hand, you can also wipe through a small grater).
- All vegetables lay well in a jar, pour a warm pickle to them. Close the lid tightly and leave in the room for 3 hours. And now our product is ready.
- Store in ready-mixed refrigerated brine.
Pickled cabbage for the winter in banks recipes:
- Washed cabbage cut into pieces and put in enamel basin.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- Grind the garlic.
- All vegetables are mixed.
- The remaining ingredients for the marinade mix and add to cooked vegetables.
- In a saucepan, boil 1 liter of water and pour the cooked food into the pelvis. All products mix well, then leave to infuse for 3 days.
- Finished spicy cabbage can be shifted to jars or containers. Keep refrigerated. If there is not enough space in the refrigerator, and there is a risk in the room to spoil the product, then you can use the simple freezing method. Fold in plastic bags and send in the freezer. It is undesirable to freeze the whole preparation, because the thawed product is better suited for borscht, cabbage soup, and various soups.
How to pickle cabbage in cans for the winter with aspirin
The cabbage prepared for the winter according to this recipe is crisp and snow-white, just as it was cut from the bed. Such blanks can be stored any winter. Also, this recipe will allow to diversify the classic blanks for the winter and will surprise both guests and their households with a delicate taste.
Marinating cabbage in cans for the winter recipes:
- Washed and dried cabbage shred. Carrot rubs on a coarse grater, or cut into strips. Everything is mixed up.
- Put 1 spoon of sugar and salt on the bottom of the jar, put 1 tablet of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), bay leaf, pepper on top.
- Apply chopped products in dense layers. The first layer - seasoning, already put. Then add the cabbage with carrots, until the middle of the container.
- Repeat seasoning layer. And put vegetables back on.
- Boil the water and pour half into the jar.
- Then we continue to spread the cabbage. When the jar is filled to the neck, add salt, granulated sugar and aspirin as a last layer. Top with the remaining pepper and spiced sheets. Pour all boiling water. Cover tightly with lid.
- Banks cover with a thick towel (or other warm cloth). After complete cooling of the ready jars clean in cool.
This recipe is well suited for this sort of color (or broccoli), scald in brine, inflorescences absorb spices, while remaining crisp and snow-white, after the marinade in vinegar. If you use young, not very big heads, then neat inflorescences will look very original on the table with any dish.
Harvest can be in one-liter, and in other banks. The following calculations are suitable for a three-liter jar.
It will take:
- young cauliflower - 1 big head,
- black pepper peas - 4 pieces,
- 4 studs
- 4-5 pieces of bay leaf,
- one bunch of parsley,
- water - one liter,
- 2 tablespoons of salt,
- 3 tablespoons of sugar,
- 1 tsp. Acetic acid,
- 10-15 grams. citric acid.
Pickled cabbage recipes are very tasty:
- Wash vegetables well under a tap and break them into flowers.
- Pour water into a saucepan and pour salt, sugar, citric acid there. And also add a clove and bay leaf, then prepared inflorescences and bring everything to a boil. Make the fire smaller and boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Then each inflorescence separately needs to be pulled out and cooled, and the brine to boil for another 5 minutes.
- Cooking banks. If the blanks are planned to be stored for a long time, then it is better to sterilize the jars (we put a colander on the pot of water and turn over the jars on it as soon as the bottom of the jar warms up so that you cannot touch it - the jar is ready; liters 30 minutes). For quick consumption of the product can not be sterilized.
- At the bottom of the banks lay pepper, folded inflorescences. Pour all this with our pickle (so that the bank does not crack, the hot pickle is better to pour, not touching its walls, but straight into the middle).
- Before you roll the lids, add vinegar. Just top it down gently with a spoon. Banks turn and leave to cool.
- Delicious cauliflower for the winter is fully prepared. After a week of her insisting, you can taste it, if you could not resist until winter.
In addition to the main vegetable - cabbage, blanks can be diversified and other additives. Bulgarian pepper, mushrooms, large pieces of carrot (you can also experiment with whole fruits), apples, etc. Such preparations look like a salad, they can be used as a separate dish.
Marinated cabbage with instant pepper
Vegetables for this recipe is better to cut smaller, i.e. shred cabbage, and pepper cut into half rings. Also, pepper can be cut lengthwise into straws. Everything is prepared very quickly (from 2 to 3 hours), but it tastes spicy and crispy. It is also suitable as a snack, salad, or as a side dish for main dishes.
Pickled cabbage for the winter under iron lids:
- Necessary vegetables should be well washed and dried, after drying, thinly chop. Mix everything in a separate bowl or bowl, add the parsley. Give a little brew, and at this time proceed to the preparation of brine.
- Pour water into the pot. Salt Pour sugar and boil for a couple of minutes, then pour the oil and acetic acid. Carefully knead and turn off the stove.
- Pour the marinade with the products and let it brew for at least 2 hours.
- After the vegetables are infused, the salad can be folded in jars. In unsterilized dishes, the product should be refrigerated. If you sterilize the dishes, you can take out to the pantry, or put in the cellar. Crisp salad for winter ready.
The article provides several options for marinating cabbage for the winter. To your taste you can choose any of the recipes. Stock up on such marinades for the winter is very useful. This is an indispensable option to maintain your immunity, and by the spring - the best way to combat vitamin deficiency.
You may also be interested in garlic pickling, pickling cherry and whitefish recipes.
Pickled cabbage for the winter is a great way at any time to fill the lack of vitamins and minerals and have a snack for all occasions. Cabbage is a vegetable that everyone loves, so if you like honey, feel free to add honey, if Italy loves Provence herbs generously, if you like peppercorns, please have more garlic, chili pepper, ginger. Experiment.