Nature has given people a lot of healing plants for healing from various ailments, often valuable medicinal raw materials are growing right under our feet, and we don’t even guess about it.
Today we will speak about an inconspicuous plant, which many consider to be an ordinary weed, and which possesses the richest therapeutic potential. You will learn about the beneficial properties and application of the herb wood lice in traditional medicine.
Where grow wood lice
Mokritsa (Stellaria media or, as people call this grass: starfish) is an annual plant, the family of cloves, many consider the grass to be weeds.
It has a weak stem of a curly structure that is adjacent and rooted in a nodular form, its height is from 10 to 35 centimeters. Branched stalks of a plant can, either move along the ground or reach for the top. The creeping branched stem of the grass is covered with small hairs that are able to collect moisture from the air into the plant and store it in it.
The leaves are located on the stems and have a rounded oblong shape, at the edges they have cilia and seem to be slightly moist to the touch, hence the name of the grass - wood louse. The upper leaves sit on the stem, and the lower leaves are located on the petioles.
The flowers of the grass are white, small, connected in spreading inflorescences and resemble small stars, therefore another name for the grass is starlet. Flowering grass lasts a long time, from May to
August. And as a result of this, fruits appear - boxes of dark brown color with a lot of seeds.
The fruit of the plant is a box of oblong or spherical shape, in it there are round, tuberous seeds. The seeds in the box ripen from late July to October, during which time the box opens at the base.
The geography of its growth is quite extensive, wood lice grows throughout Russia, Europe, throughout the temperate belt of the Northern Hemisphere. This grass delivers many problems to gardeners and summer residents, as it multiplies quickly and is difficult to get rid of, which is why many, erroneously, consider moss pills to be weeds.
How to make blanks and store starlet
The wood louse blooms for a long time, from May to August. It is advisable to collect herbs in May; it is during this period that they are most fresh, juicy and are optimally suitable for further use as medicinal raw materials.
For medicinal purposes, traditional healers use the entire above-ground part of the plant. However, it can be used both fresh and dried. The harvested grass should be dried in the shade and turned over every 2 days. For storage, it is desirable to use canvas bags or glass jars. The shelf life of dried grass louse - 1 year.
Composition and beneficial properties of moss grass
The grass louse is a real storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. The plant contains essential oils and lipids, organic acids, carotene, cinnamic acid, tannins, saponins, wax, many vitamins and minerals: magnesium, copper, iron.
- The high content of vitamins C and E in the midges makes it indispensable in the treatment of anemia, beriberi, scurvy.
- Positive effect on the heart, strengthens the entire body and is a tonic.
- The herb is used as an anti-inflammatory, choleretic and painkiller.
- Mokritsa can stop the blood and heal wounds faster, improve metabolism, stimulates the cardiovascular system, has a positive effect on the nervous system and gastrointestinal tract.
- Helps in the treatment of hypertension, gynecological problems, with the help of sprocket, you can relieve joint pain with radiculitis, arthritis, rheumatism, gout - the grass should be steamed and applied to the sore spots.
- With skin diseases, rashes, dermatitis, eczema - take a bath with infusion of wood lice.
- Infusion of herbs inside take with liver disease (even with hepatitis), lungs, liver.
- With a strong weight loss, vitamin deficiency, weakness, heart disease, cholecystitis, use fresh juice or the essence of starlets.
- Mokritsa raises the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Infusion is prepared as follows: woodlouse - 1 tbsp. spoon pour boiling water - 1 cup. Cover the container and leave overnight, then strain. Use the infusion of a quarter cup of food.
Broth woodlice is prepared as follows: fresh grass - 200 grams, chop and pour boiling water - 1 liter. Broth boil on low heat for 10 minutes. Then give to cool to room temperature and filter.
Star medicine in folk medicine
It is thanks to its beneficial properties that moss grass has found its deserved place in folk medicine and has long been used by healers to treat many ailments. The plant's juice contains vitamin E, which rejuvenates the body, cleanses blood vessels, improves blood and removes harmful substances and slags from the body.
Mokritsu used in fresh form, as well as in the form of infusions and decoctions of leaves, flowers and grass stalks. For example, the infusion of star gloves helps to treat eye diseases. Also, its infusion is used to treat ulcers of the stomach, cough, colitis, scurvy, heart disease, lung and kidney.
For skin rashes, ulcers, purulent wounds, and scrofula — use the infusion of wood lice externally in the form of baths.
It has a restorative and soothing effect on the body: 1 tbsp. spoon of grass pour a glass of boiling water, insist under the lid for 5 minutes. Drink the resulting healing drink, like regular tea, half a glass, three times a day.
Infusion of grass moss for eyes
- To prepare we take fresh grass - 1 tbsp. spoon, pour it with boiling water - 1 cup.
- Insist the infusion for one hour, without shaking.
Then strain the prepared infusion and bury it in the affected eye for 1-2 drops, three times a day.
Lice juice for eyes
The juice of the plant, which is only squeezed from fresh grass, is used as a therapeutic drop for various diseases of the retina and cornea of the eye - fresh juice is instilled 1-2 drops, 4 times a day.
- We take fresh wood grass louse - 500 grams, wash it well with water and squeeze the juice with a juicer or push the grass with a tolkushka and squeeze the juice through gauze.
- Then pour into a bottle and store in the refrigerator, but not more than 2 days.
Squeezed juice is suitable for the treatment of eyes, the treatment of long non-healing, purulent wounds.
Very simple and effective recipe used by summer residents. To relieve pain and fatigue from your feet, you need to pick fresh grass lice, and put it in place of shoes instead of insoles.
Infusion of woodlice for stomach pain
- To prepare the infusion, take a jumbo jar - 1 tablespoon and fill it with pure vodka - 300 milliliters.
- Send insist in a dark place for two weeks.
Take the tincture should be diluted, before meals - 20 drops of tincture per 1 cup of water.
Take fresh herb juice - 1 teaspoon, mix it with honey - 1 teaspoon.
Take this remedy before meals, three times a day, 1 teaspoon.
Woodlouse broth with erosion, myoma and cyst
- Take the grass - 2 tablespoons, pour boiling water - 500 milliliters.
- Pour everything into an enamel saucepan and set aside for 30 minutes in a water bath.
- Strain the broth and top up with boiled water to the original volume.
- The resulting medication must be taken before meals, 4 times a day, 50 milliliters.
This broth is also taken to treat weakness, anemia, and dizziness.
Help with skin diseases
It is necessary to take a decoction of woodlice and moisten in it pieces of gauze. On the problem area of the body, apply a lotion from wood lice. This should be done several times a day.
Breast cancer and breast oncology
For treatment, you need to take fresh moss grass, and make a compress out of it, this compress is applied to the diseased chest and held for 20 minutes. These treatments are carried out 3 times a day.
Strengthening the nervous system
Ready infusion of woodlouse need to take 50 milliliters, 4 times a day.
Infusion for the treatment of eczema, ulcers, poorly healing wounds
- In order to prepare the infusion you need to take 1 tbsp. A spoonful of grass lice (fresh or dried) and pour boiling water - 1 cup.
- Infuse under the lid for 4 hours, then strain through cheesecloth.
- For external use: wash the wounds with this infusion, as well as make compresses on the affected skin.
- For internal use with pain in the joints: drink 4 times a day for a quarter cup, before meals.
Infusion of stars from diseases of the kidneys and digestive tract
If you suffer from kidney disease or problems with the gastrointestinal tract, then use this recipe as an antiseptic agent: wood lice - 1 tablespoon, pour boiling water - 1 cup and insist under the lid for 1 hour. Then strain.
Infusion to drink before meals for a quarter cup, three times a day.
Decoction of woodlice from skin diseases
For the treatment of dermatological diseases prepare this broth:
- Grass lice - 4 tbsp. spoon, pour water - 1 liter.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then insist 2 hours and strain.
Apply the resulting medicinal decoction in the form of compresses for skin diseases.
Vodka infusion for stomach pain
For diseases and problems of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys need to prepare and apply this infusion:
- Dry grass stars - 1 tbsp. spoon, pour vodka - 300 grams.
- To insist in a dark place - 2 weeks. Then strain.
Take once a day - 15 drops in a glass of water.
Infusion of grass lice
This healing infusion is used for many health problems.
If you have trouble sleeping, you need to prepare a medicine for this recipe:
- Take fresh chopped grass 15 tbsp. spoon and pour boiling water over it - 1 liter.
- Insist under the lid - 8 hours. Then strain.
Ready infusion to drink from insomnia for a quarter cup.
To improve lactation in half a glass.
From this infusion, you can make compresses from edema.
The grass is doused with boiling water, cooled and applied to the diseased chest.
For women's health
- Mokritsa has the property of lowering blood pressure, therefore, it should be used with caution in the treatment of people with low blood pressure - hypotension.
- In some people, in rare cases, there may be an allergic reaction that manifests as an itch or rash.
Therefore, it is recommended to start taking infusions and apply the herb with a small amount.
You need to know that in nature there is a related plant, which is called stellar lanceolate. This herb is also called lice, but you need to be careful and extremely careful - it is poisonous!
Salad with water
For the prevention of beriberi, strengthening the body is very useful salad made from fresh wood lice, boiled eggs, green onions and seasoned with sour cream.
- Greens of woodlice and onion are crumbled in equal parts.
- Add crushed egg and salt a little.
- We fill with sour cream and mix.
We decorate the vitamin salad with dill and serve it to the table.
Another vitamin salad, which is prepared with fresh herbs for the prevention of vitamin deficiency.
- Crush the green woodlice, add half the size of the chopped lettuce and dandelion leaves.
- Add to the dish a little yogurt, sugar, salt to taste and mix.
- greens of wood lice - 200 grams,
- wheat flour - 300 grams,
- onions - 1 head,
- clarified butter - 2 tbsp. spoons
- half a glass of sour cream and salt.
- We make the filling - young shoots of wood lice will be washed, cut, salted.
- Add fried onions and 2 raw eggs. Mix the stuffing.
- Knead and roll out the dough.
- Blind dumplings and boil them in salted water.
Serving dish to the table with sour cream.
- lice - 150 grams,
- eggs - 3 pieces,
- one onion, herbs, salt, ghee.
- Greens of wood lice are scalded with boiling water and cut.
- Slightly fry onions in a pan.
- Add to the onion woodlice, dill, parsley and ghee.
- Salt and stew everything under the lid.
- Then pour eggs, stir and fry until cooked.
Borsch with moor
Summer borsch with lice, tasty and healthy dish.
- lice grass - 100 grams,
- beet tops - 100 grams,
- carrots - 1 piece,
- potato - 1 large potato,
- medium bunch of green onions, a few parsley leaves,
- Tomato - 1 piece or 1 tbsp. spoon of tomato paste,
- lemon juice - 1 tsp,
- sugar - 1 tsp,
- sour cream - 2 tablespoons.
- Put water on fire - 1 liter.
- While the water boils, clean the carrots, potatoes, beets and chop them finely.
- Dip the sliced vegetables in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- We will cut tomato, we pass and add to borsch.
- We cut the washed beet tops, we ferment, add lemon juice, sugar and dip in borsch.
- We will finely chop the washed wood lice and add to the borsch, salt the dish to taste.
When serving, fill the borsch with finely chopped parsley and onion, add sour cream.
We have analyzed in detail the beneficial properties of the wood grass louse and it can be concluded that this inconspicuous plant has deservedly found its application in traditional medicine and helps to cure many diseases. And the use of starship in cooking, makes dishes with it tasty and healthy. Amazing plants, rich in their healing power, next to us, one has only to lend a hand and you can see the generous gifts of nature, which it gives to man for his good.
The vital activity of the ephemeral plant is very short - just a month, but the seeds it gives quickly germinate, forming whole colonies of thickets. Selectors and scientists have proven that seeds can germinate up to 30 years. Even a plant pulled out with roots still continues to grow actively, and it is rather difficult to eradicate it.
Starlet medium belongs to the family of cloves. It is found in temperate climatic zones. Wood lice have branchy stems, covered with multiple sticky hairs that retain water, and a thin rhizome. The maximum height is up to 25 cm. It begins to ripen from late spring to September, releasing up to 30 thousand kidney-shaped seeds.
By the way, they like to feast on poultry and cattle: chickens, turkeys, goats. It is noticed that if you add a plant to feed cows, they begin to give more milk. Fresh starfish can be used in cooking, it makes excellent fortified salads, but it is especially popular in traditional medicine.
When to collect and how to store?
Medicinal raw material is the whole weed, begin to harvest it in the flowering season. It is best to collect grass in early May, when the plant is still juicy and soft. Pull it out of the soil along with its roots, clean it well of soil and dirt, then lay it on the oilcloth and dry it. Transfer to a fabric bag and store in a dark place no more than a year.
Dried raw materials are used to prepare medicinal potions (decoctions, tinctures, compresses). Helps to get rid of pain and eliminate swelling of the grass wood louse, the healing properties of which have been known to healers for more than a decade. Even our ancestors used it to fight diarrhea, asthma, diseases of the thyroid gland and blood vessels.
What is the value?
Actively exterminating a weed in your gardens, you do not even understand what medicinal raw materials you destroy. The grass louse, whose properties are due to the huge content of trace elements, helps to get rid of beriberi and provide the body with essential vitamins. Nature itself has given this unique plant to humanity.
Despite its unattractive appearance, the weed is rich in biochemical composition, and the presence of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in the plant is four times more than in lemon. In the stems is present sinalic acid, traces of essential oil and organic matter. Two tablespoons of herbs are able to supply the body with a daily dose of carotene.
Starlet is famous for its average content of vitamin E, which helps to prolong youth and clean the capillaries. It also contains many saponins, retinol, lipids, wax, tannins and trace elements that support normal health (iron, calcium, magnesium, bromine, potassium).
Substances that endow the plant with medicinal properties have antimicrobial, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, sedative, hemostatic and choleretic action. Decoctions are taken as a painkiller, tonic, antiseptic and diuretic.
Grass lice: therapeutic use
In traditional pharmaceuticals, grass is not used, but scientists have closely studied the medicinal properties and came to the conclusion that star spider is indeed a valuable plant with a unique chemical composition. The grass louse is highly valued among folk healers.
It is used to make herbal teas and infusions that help relieve a person from debilitating constipation, restore the functional activity of the intestinal tract and normalize motility. Use raw materials for the treatment of bronchitis, inflammatory processes in the lungs. This is the best remedy for wet cough. Wonderful weed in steamed form is used for stretching the joints, treats sciatica and gout.
Fresh juice helps to eliminate avitaminosis, strengthen the immune system due to the high content of vitamin C. It is taken for disorders of the digestive tract, anemia, chest pains and scurvy. Chemicals that make up the plant, help reduce benign tumors. Можно использовать сырье для очищения сосудов от холестерина и улучшения обменных процессов.The infusion is shown with high pressure and nervous disorders.
Traditional healers often use ground parts in any form (dried and fresh). Medicinal herb woodlouse has a wide range of applications. It is used inside (juice, infusions, decoctions), used externally in the form of compresses, lotions, rubbing and baths. Buried in the eyes with inflammatory diseases, applied to damaged skin and make compresses.
During its existence on earth, the plant gained good fame and helped people to gain hope for recovery. There is an incredible number of recipes based on a star's medium, and all of them are tested in practice. It has long been known that the woodlouse has a anti-edema action. Useful properties noted healers.
- With cracked heels: put fresh leaves of weed on the insole of the shoes and do not pull out during the day. Upon arrival home should wash the feet with soap and process sea buckthorn oil. Carry out the procedure until the cracks disappear completely.
- To restore the cornea, chop a tablespoon of the stems and leaves of the plant and melt it in a glass of boiling water for about an hour. Allow the solution to cool and drop a few drops a day into your eyes four times a day.
- Prepare anti-scing, vasodilator and diuretic infusion with anti-inflammatory properties. Infuse 15 g of grass in a glass of boiling water for about 4 hours. Take ¼ cup 3-4 times a day.
- Soothing solution we make from a tablespoon of dried leaves and 250 ml of boiling water. We insist on the night, filter and eat before the meal according to the dessert spoon. That is how blood pressure is treated.
- Gout and rheumatism can be cured with starlet juice. Mix 5 g of juice with honey and consume up to four times a day.
- In case of diathesis, wounds and purulent ulcers, we prepare a decoction of 10 spoons of fresh weed and a liter of water: we boil the mixture and filter. It can be applied in the form of compresses and added to the bath.
Treatment of gynecological diseases
The healing grass lice will help to eliminate female diseases. What does she treat? Almost everything! Write recipes.
- Prepare a decoction of a glass of fresh star and the same amount of boiling water. We filter the warm solution, soak a tampon in it and put it overnight. Repeat for five days. For a week we take a break and repeat the course. It helps this folk remedy for fibroids, cysts and erosion.
- For mastitis and swelling: make a compress from fresh, finely chopped grass and apply it on your chest for 25 minutes. The procedure is carried out at least three times a day.
- You can increase the amount of breast milk for feeding in the following way: daily use a small spoonful of starfish juice with honey three times a day.
The grass louse, the medicinal properties of which are known to all, has some contraindications. This applies to people diagnosed with hypotension (low blood pressure, autonomic disorders). Do not treat her young children, as the grass is highly allergenic. Be careful when collecting, because the plant has a poisonous congener - star lanceolate.
Exacerbate the condition of a gastric ulcer can alcohol infusion based on the plant. If you decide to take a decoction, then do not add alcohol to it, as it will provoke pain and lead to discomfort. It must be remembered that the grass louse, collected near the road, accumulates a lot of toxins and heavy metals.
Drugs are better to cook from a plant that grows in ecologically clean forests. Do not forget that the weed has a laxative effect, so you should consult a doctor before treatment, otherwise a star-wheel instead of a positive effect will cause irreparable harm.
What is useful star the average?
- Choleretic and diuretic effects are inherent to lice. It has the following healing properties:
- wound healing
- at initial corneal opacities,
- with glaucoma,
- with cataracts.
- cervical erosion.
When is the plant useful, and when not?
Useful wood louse, collected in environmentally friendly places, away from roads and factories. Grass tends to absorb and accumulate harmful substances, including heavy metals.
Woodlice seeds are not poisonous.. Collected together with the grain of various crops, they reduce the quality of cereals and flour, but the sale of the final product is acceptable.
Do not forget that the weed has a laxative effect, so you should consult a doctor before treatment, otherwise a star-wheel instead of a positive effect will cause irreparable harm.
As you can see, the middle star can be used already with seeds, there will not be much benefit from the seeds, but they also will not bring harm.
Mokritsu easily confused with her dangerous relatives. In order not to be mistaken, you need to know about the signs of a medicinal plant. This is how its stems look:
- strongly branched
- up to 10 cm,
- covered with hairs.
Woodlice leaves are ovate, shortly pointed.
Flowers resemble stars and look like:
- with petals deeply split in two
- with long stalks,
- with leaf cups,
- with a pestle in 3 columns,
- with 5-10 dark purple stamens.
Seeds appear simultaneously with flowers. Fruits - oblong boxes with 6 leaves, contain brown grains with a diameter of 1 mm.
In the photo you can see how the wood louse or starfish looks like an average, which has healing properties.
There are toxic starfish species.. The following plants are dangerous for health:
- forest star,
- starfish lanceolate,
- starfish cereal,
- starfish marsh.
Poisonous starfish causes poisoning.. When it affected the following symptoms are expressed:
- redness and swelling of the mucous membranes - hyperemia,
- stomach cramps,
- leg cramps,
- rapid pulse,
- weak pulse
- fast breathing
- body temperature rises to 40 degrees.
Poisoning lasts up to 3 days.
How does starwatch treat an average?
Mokritsa fills a shortage of nutrients.
- Vitamin C restores thyroid secretion, stabilizes the production of pancreatic juice in the pancreas.
- Ascorbic acid is responsible for the synthesis of proteins:
- Collagen, connective tissue basics. He is responsible for the strength of the skin and joints.
- Immunoglobulins - antibodies that resist threats to the blood.
- Interferon, which makes cells immune to viruses.
- adrenal hormones,
- bile in the liver.
- as a diuretic,
- as an anesthetic.
- promotes cell regeneration
- calms muscles and nerves
- helps to absorb vitamins C, B1 and B6,
- preserves the structure and strength of bones.
- red blood cells
- red blood cells
- thyroid hormones,
- pancreatic hormones.
How to cook it - step by step instructions
For tincture use high-quality vodka and freshly harvested grass. Washing the wood lice, act as follows:
- Using a blender, 10 tablespoons of herbs are ground into mush.
- Raw materials are placed in a glass container, poured 1 l of vodka.
- The vessel tightly closed and cleaned in a dark and cool place. There it is stored for 7-10 days, shaking daily.
- This mixture is filtered through several layers of gauze.
- The liquid is poured into a clean vessel.
The finished tincture is stored in a cool place.inaccessible to sunlight. It can be used up to 3 years.
How to use the medicine?
Tincture is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. To cope with gastrointestinal ailments, the medicine is drunk 1-3 times a day, stirring 20-25 drops in a glass of water.
The medicine helps fight chronic gastritis and the consequences of food poisoning.. It affects the body as follows:
- relieves pain in the digestive tract,
- normalizes the digestive tract,
- improves the appetite.
Rubbing tincture treat joints and stale bruises.. The procedure is carried out 2-3 times a day, as follows:
- The towel is dipped in medicine to rub them sore spots.
- Foci of pain wrap a warm woolen scarf.
A bandage made before bedtime, followed by waking up.
Grass squeeze, passing through a blender or meat grinder. Then it is filtered using a sieve or cheesecloth.
Ready juice is used as follows:
- 4-6 times a day
- before eating,
- 1 teaspoon per reception
- diluting with water and honey.
You can drink and undiluted juice - 3 times a day, 100 ml. Only fresh product is useful.
Starlet medium - seasoning and full ingredient. It is included in the recipes for the following dishes:
- vegetable stew,
- carotene paste.
Herbs are added to light vitamin salads.. The simplest will require the following products:
For refueling need sour cream.
Prepare the dish as follows:
- Eggs boiled hard boiled.
- Cucumbers finely crumbled.
- Greens are cut and mixed with cucumbers.
- Mix salt, add sour cream.
When serving salad is decorated with slices of boiled eggs.
How to prepare and save?
Mokritsu harvested during flowering - from May to August. Gather aboveground parts of plants, soft and juicy. Layer up to 3-5 cm of raw material laid on a cloth or paper to dry.
The plant is dried in a clean and dry place.. Suitable accommodation should be:
- inaccessible to direct sunlight.
After drying the grass, it is crushed and packaged. The stock can be stored for up to a year.
People who are allergic to wood lice have itching and skin redness.. Because of the plant, blood pressure may drop. The herb enhances gastrointestinal secretion. Conclusion Mokritsa is useful if properly prepared and applied.
The plant is not a panacea, but will help to overcome vitamin deficiency and improve the results of complex treatment prescribed by a doctor. ,
See in more detail what useful properties the wood louse has in the video below: