Pear is one of the oldest fruits. For the first time about this fruit is mentioned in the history of China in the second millennium BC. Based on this, we can say that this cultivated plant is about three thousand years old. Initially, the pear was grown as an ornamental plant. Some varieties of this fruit were taken from the forest. Today, China is famous for its pear varieties. They are about a few dozen.
The plant later spread to western countries. Already in the Caucasus, this fruit was used in food. And from it, people cooked a lot of different dishes. Each people pear had different names. But the widespread use of the Latin name pirus. Back in Ancient Greece, Homer described the gardens of Alkinoi, where these juicy and fragrant fruits grew. Even then, people knew about the incredible benefits of pears for the body.
What is useful for the body pear
Pear is very rich in various vitamins: A, B, C, K. It also contains useful trace elements necessary for the human body. Among them are found: fiber, potassium, phosphorus, iron, sulfur, folic acid.
We all know that compared to an apple, this fruit is much sweeter. But in fact, pear contains much less sugar. Yet, unlike an apple, a pear does not contribute to increased appetite. After its use, you want to eat much less. So already on these grounds, you can include it in your diet. But it is especially necessary to eat it for those people who are obese and diabetic, since pear contains fructose and for its digestion and assimilation a completely insignificant part of insulin is needed.
What else is useful for the body pear? It helps strengthen the human immune system:
- protects the body from the effects of various microbes,
- treats sore spots
- relieves depression
- increases vitality.
Due to the content of special oils, as well as acids of organic origin, the pear is easily digested by the body, has a beneficial effect on the digestive system, on the kidneys and liver, eliminates toxic substances.
If we talk about what a pear is useful for the human body, then it is impossible not to remember that the substances contained in this fruit have a positive effect not only on the body, but also on the appearance. Sulfur, for example, strengthens bones and hair, and skin color looks healthier. Potassium helps to restore all cells and improves heart function. Cobalt, in turn, removes excess water from the body and has a positive effect on the thyroid gland. Cellulose reduces cholesterol.
The positive effect of pear on the female body
What is useful pear for the body of a woman? It is necessary to use the ladies of forty years and above. First, pear prevents the appearance of cancer cells, as it contains large amounts of vitamin C and copper. The combination of such trace elements contributes to the appearance of an antioxidant effect, which does not contribute to the infection of the female body and protects cells from external and internal influences.
The pear is also useful for pregnant women because it contains folic acid, which prevents the appearance of various problems associated with the central nervous system in babies.
Pear: Calorie (100 grams of product)
Everyone knows that the calorie content of pears is very small, so it is used in various diets. There are only 42 kcal per 100 grams of product. In this situation, a person will not be able to recover. As for dried fruit, then 100 grams contains several times more calories, and this will significantly affect the figure.
The nutritional value per 100 g of fruit is:
- Protein - 0.4 g.
- Fat - 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates - 10.5 g
- Ash - 0.6 g
- Water - 85 g.
The use of pears in traditional medicine
The benefits of pear for the body is invaluable, as it is used as:
- reducing agent.
It reduces fatigue and fatigue, restores strength and contributes to the speedy healing of wounds, therefore its contribution to traditional medicine is truly invaluable.
What else are useful pears for the human body? For diseases of the urethra, it is recommended to drink broths, compotes, infusions of pears. Perhaps the use of both fresh fruit and dried. For kidney diseases, decoctions of wild pears are used, since they are especially rich in the B-group vitamins. Baked pears relieve cramps during asphyxiation. Not only the fruits of this juicy fruit are useful, but also the leaves from which infusions and decoctions are made. They are used in fungal diseases. And pear seeds do not allow the appearance of worms in the body.
The beneficial properties of pears for humans were studied by our ancestors. It is known that in order to cure anemia, it is necessary to eat pear mashed potatoes with two teaspoons of honey every day after dinner.
If you suffer from heartburn and stomach pain, eat two pears every morning on an empty stomach.
The combination of rose hip syrup and pear juice is used in the treatment of urolithiasis.
In case of a cold, a decoction of dried pear should be used instead of water. And after a few days, your temperature returns to normal.
Harm pears and contraindications
Are there any contraindications to eating pears? The benefits and harm to the body of this fruit have been studied since ancient times. It was found that, despite all the beneficial properties, the pear also has contraindications. And in some cases, it may even harm the human body.
First, with excessive use of this product gas appears. It is not recommended to use a pear before meals or immediately after them, as swelling is provided to you.
Do not eat pears for people suffering from diseases such as stomach ulcers, gastritis and colitis, because in any varieties of this fruit contains large amounts of stone cells. They are irritants of the mucous membrane. This can lead to irreparable consequences. You must be very careful and be sure to consult a doctor.
Pear in cosmetology
It is often used pear in cosmetology, as it has very useful and amazing properties.
All kinds of micro-and macronutrients contained in it, contribute to cell regeneration, rejuvenation of the skin, its whitening and restoration. Use for this and fruits, and leaves, and bones. To get rid of acne and oily skin will help infusions of leaves and branches. They heal wounds and remove pigmentation on the skin. It is especially important to use them to adolescents who have problem skin, poured out. Fruit extracts are used as a regenerating and rejuvenating agent for aging skin. They are used, first of all, to reduce pores and to enrich the dermis with useful acids. In order to achieve a significant effect, experts recommend regularly using various masks, creams and oils. And then you can achieve a positive result in improving and restoring the skin.
How to choose a pear
A special property of the fetus is that it is able to ripen. Therefore, many sellers tear pears immature. And often we can see either in the stores or in the markets virtually green fruits. In order to choose sweet and juicy pears, you must follow the following rules:
- They should not be too hard.
- They should have a distinct pleasant aroma.
- On the pears should not be dark spots. This is already talking about the failure of the product.
- It is necessary to study the skin of the fruit. If it is a little rosy, then it means that the fruit is sweet and fresh.
- The best method is to try a pear in order not to be mistaken. But you can do this only by buying fruit on the market.
If you have a choice: buy an unripe fruit, but perfect outside, or with damages, but sweet. Undoubtedly, choose the second option, since you can easily clean the skin at home, and there will be much more benefit from such pears.
Pears are perishable foods, so you do not need to keep them for a long time, but rather eat right away.
About chemical composition
Pear is rich in many useful and necessary for the human body components:
- The vitamin composition has a group B represented by 1, 2, 5 and 6, as well as PP, A, K, C, H and E,
- A large number of mineral substances, where they include more than 15,
- The presence of dietary fiber with fiber,
- Sugar represented by di and monosaccharides
- Carotenoids with beta - carotene and organic acids,
- Pear has pectins,
- Many enzymes
- Starch with ash,
- Pear also contains essential oils with a large amount of tannins.
The benefit and harm of a pear for an organism is influenced by a large percentage of water in its composition - 85, and only 9% of carbohydrates, which contributes to the rapid absorption of this fruit. At the same time, a very small caloric content - only 50 Kcal / 100 g. And folic acid, which produces serotonin, makes this fruit a source of happiness and joy.
Health benefits of pear
The health benefits of pears are not reduced even if the fruit is dried, boiled or preserved. It should be borne in mind that there is a connection between a strong aroma and a quantity of utility - the brighter it is, the more useful it is.
Pear has antitussive, disinfecting, antipyretic, diuretic and anchoring effect. But the popularity of this fruit is based more on taste, although there are a lot of health effects:
- Pear has a beneficial effect on the work of the intestines and the entire gastrointestinal tract, improving digestion and fixing the stool. It also forms an environment unfavorable for germs that bring diseases.
- This fruit helps the blood to regenerate, while strengthening the vascular walls. This is possible thanks to folic acid and iron, which makes the pear very useful for pregnant women and people with CVD diseases.
- Diabetics and people with overweight, this fruit is useful because of the high content of fructose, which is absorbed without the involvement of insulin.
- Pear perfectly heals wounds and reduces fever.
- If you squeeze the juice or make a decoction of the pear, then you can kill the pathogenic bacteria that entered the body, thanks to the arbutin contained in these drinks - a natural antibiotic.
- The health benefits of pears are also noted by cosmetologists - the mask from this fruit is suitable for any skin type, under the influence of which it acquires smoothness, elasticity and youth. And also the pear promotes narrowing of pores.
The most useful to eat a pear in the morning, not drinking water. And in any case, do not eat a pear with meat or fish dish. Most healing properties are found in ripe fruit, fragrant and juicy.
About the dangers of pear
There are no special contraindications to the use of this fruit, but the pear can still cause harm to the body in the following cases:
- Gastritis, ulcers and exacerbations of gastrointestinal diseases are exceptions for its use,
- People over the age of 70 are not recommended to eat this fruit because of the possible difficulty of the digestive process and over-stimulation of the CNS,
- Do not eat a pear before the main meal and immediately after. Should endure an hour of time in one and another case
- It is not recommended to eat this fruit on an empty stomach, so as not to increase the heaviness in the stomach,
- In order not to get an upset stomach, do not eat a pear, drinking milk. You should not drink any liquid at all, consuming this fruit.
Taking into account and applying all these recommendations, you can not worry about the pear causing harm to the body.
Recommendations for use
As mentioned above, you can eat a pear an hour before and after the main meal. An adult, including pregnant women, can eat up to 2 fruits per day. This will allow the body to be filled with all the necessary elements and at the same time reduce the negative effects of bad habits, such as smoking.
Children should give a pear in the form of mashed potatoes, starting from 8 months of age, but after obtaining permission from the pediatrician. His kids can eat up to 3 times a week. Older children pears can easily replace the confectionery in the form of sweets and cakes.
How to choose and store
Depending on the variety, pears differ in their softness. When choosing a product, you should pay attention to the aroma and appearance of the fetus - it should be the correct form with a bright smell and no traces of deterioration on the skin, blows, dents or tears.
If the surface is gently pressed, it will over-rip the surface. If the pear is not ready, it can be kept warm for several days, where it will reach the desired condition.
Pear is a perishable product, so it is best to keep it in the refrigerator or in any other cool place, but not more than 2 weeks. It should be noted that if one fruit disappears, it will amaze all the others that are nearby.
Winter and autumn varieties stored in wooden crates lasted for a month are stored the longest.
Eat pears and lose weight
Due to its tonic properties, the pear is able to charge for a long time with energy, vigor and strength. There are a lot of pectins with fiber and dietary fibers that help restore digestive processes with the intestinal cleansing.
Enzymes with acids normalize metabolic processes and cell metabolism, restoring the pancreas, accelerating the processes of fat and protein cleavage. At the same time, pear does not cause appetite, such as apples, because of the presence of acid. And this allows you to stay full.
Nutritionists advise to combine this fruit for a high-quality and sustainable result with such dishes as:
- Fruit Salads
- Light meat dishes,
- Cold snacks
- Puddings with mousses, candy with jelly, compotes with energy cocktails and drinks.
Pear can be added to products such as cottage cheese, yogurt, fermented milk drinks, sour cream, cream, various cereals, cheeses and diluted nuts. And also to combine with greens, dried fruits, berries, fruits and lean fish with poultry meat.
Cooking has a very large variety of recipes with the participation of this magnificent fruit. Following all the recommendations, and taking into account the information provided, you can very well help your body, and at the same time get a lot of pleasure.
What is more in pears - benefit or taste?
In the biography of these fruits, there was a period when people ate them only boiled, as they believed that fresh ones could be poisoned. Then there was some daredevil who decided to try raw pears. Since then, they have firmly entered the human diet.
Armed with modern achievements of science, nutritionists investigated the benefits of pears for the human body, and a verdict was rendered: this garden product should be consumed every day so that the body does not experience a deficiency of vitamins and trace elements.
The number of their varieties reaches 3000, but any pear contains vitamins C, E, P, K, B-groups. It has antioxidants. Its pulp is rich in fructose. In the peel are dietary fiber. And pear contains pectins. They remove toxins, making life easier for our liver.
Pear is a record holder in many respects. It contains a unique component - phytosterol, which has the property of replacing dangerous cholesterol. Folic acid in pear more than currants. Its mineral reserves include calcium, potassium, iron, sodium, magnesium and many, many more.
After studying their composition, it is not difficult to guess what the benefits of pears for the body. But still we list all the therapeutic and prophylactic properties of this delicacy.
Pear as medicine:
- strengthen the immune system
- stop the inflammatory process in the body,
- protect against toxins and poisons,
- improve heart performance
- eliminates parasites (the seeds of such fruits differ in the anthelmintic action),
- raise hemoglobin
- reduce body temperature (this property is due to the presence of natural antibiotic Arbutin in pears),
- will put in order the digestive process,
- relieve heartburn
- eliminate the deficiency of vitamins and other microelements,
- normalizes thyroid activity,
- will speed recovery from colds and viral diseases
- put energy into the body
- will favorably affect the intestinal microflora,
- restore the balance of hormones
- heal wounds
- normalizes metabolism
- strengthen bones
- reduce the depressive syndrome
- give health to hair and skin
- slow down cell aging
- prevent the risk of prostatitis in men.
Important! In a company with ginger, pear has anti-cancer effect.
Pears have another ability. They reduce alcohol intoxication and treat hangover. To avoid suffering from headache, thirst, and other “delights” of drinking alcohol after a stormy feast, you should drink a glass of pear juice the day before or eat one fruit.
Pear all at the sight for sore eyes, but few for eating! About the dangers and contraindications
This “beauty” has such a character that it is capable of both benefit and harm. Груша богата грубыми волокнами, в ней есть дубильные вещества, одеревеневшая целлюлоза, поэтому это трудно перевариваемый продукт. Она оказывает раздражающее действие на слизистые желудка и существенно усиливает перистальтику кишечника.This can cause exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal system.
The bad thing about pears is that it contains a lot of sugar, which has a devastating effect on blood vessels.
Bans to eat pears:
- individual intolerance,
- gastritis in the acute stage
- chronic constipation
- weak immunity,
- acidic and tart fruits are not recommended for paralysis, diseases of the nervous system.
To “neutralize” such fruits, it is enough to follow several rules. It is necessary to use only ripe, moderately soft fruits with no signs of rot. Before this they should be thoroughly washed. It is better not to eat pears on an empty stomach and not to combine with milk, soda, fatty foods. You can not "stick" their meat, and eat tightly only half an hour after eating pears.
Pears better to eat in the season. Although they are available at any time of the year, in winter they often contain nitrates, salts of nitric acid, and in the body they are processed into substances that block cell respiration. The rate of such substances for pears is 60 mg / kg, but fruits that we buy in supermarkets during the winter months can contain them up to 153 mg / kg. This threatens the development of dangerous pathologies.
If the pears are sticky to the touch, then they are most likely treated with diphenyl. This substance prevents rotting. It is considered a dangerous carcinogen and is prohibited by WHO. Such fruits are better not to eat. In extreme cases, at least wash them with warm water and a brush and peel them.
Important! In order not to face such extremely unpleasant consequences from the use of pears, such as bloating, diarrhea, cramps in the stomach, it is necessary to limit their content in the menu, 1-2 pcs. per day.
Baked - healthier?
This is not to say that heat treatment increases the amount of healthy components that contain pears. The benefits and harms of baked fruits are related to the fact that in the process of heating their chemical composition changes somewhat. This dish is less burdening the digestive organs, so it is allowed to those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. After roasting in the fruit, the amount of pectin increases, which favorably affects the intestines.
Baked pear is a proven and effective cough medicine. This product also helps with choking. Moreover, it is recommended to use it even to those who suffer from tuberculosis. A puree made from roasted pears improves the condition of cystitis.
Important! Such a product strongly strengthens, so it should not be often included in the diet, if a person is prone to constipation.
Is it possible to get fat from pears?
This is a sweet fruit. That is why those who began to lose weight, doubt: can they eat pears? Their benefits and harms both for the organism and for the figure depend largely on the method of use. Fresh fruit with a peel contains at least calories - in 100 g there are 42 of them, and in one piece (medium size) - about 57 Kcal. If you eat a large fruit, you can get 75 Kcal. Due to such a low calorie content, this product has found a place in many diets.
Important! This fruit accelerates metabolic processes, which also contributes to weight loss.
Dried fruit also differ in many qualities that are valuable to health. And what is the use of dried pears for losing weight? Their caloric content increases 5 times and reaches 250 Kcal per 100 g. But they quickly and for a long time satisfy hunger. If you slowly chew a couple of slices of such a fruit, you can safely (without snacking) wait for the next meal.
Soft and flavorful baked pears retain the benefits that fresh fruit brings. In addition, the risk of recovering from them is almost zero. In one pear cooked in the oven, there are 46-50 Kcal.
Delicious dessert - canned pear, it can be safely included in the diet, if you need to get rid of unnecessary fat reserves. Its energy reserve is 43 Kcal per 100 g.
How to put these fruits at the service of health?
Pear was used not only in cooking, but also in traditional medicine, because it is peculiar to a diuretic, disinfectant, antitussive, as well as antipyretic effect. It is recommended for dizziness, tachycardia, decreased performance, inflammation of the urinary tract.
Pear gives a striking healing effect on prostatitis. But to take advantage of such abilities, it is not enough just to eat pears, you must use them in a special way.
Traditional recipes with pear:
- From anemia - clean the 2 fruits, mash their flesh well, add 2 tsp. honey
- In case of prostate adenoma - cut the fruit, steamed in a thermos for the night. Over the next day, drink an infusion of ¼ Art. 4 p. per day.
- For heartburn - after 30 minutes. After breakfast, eat a couple of fruits.
- For colorectal cancer, eat a pear with ginger.
Medicinal properties of the fetus, what vitamins contain, contraindications?
Pears are widely used in folk and in official medicine. But it is important to know some rules of their use:
- do not eat them in the morning on an empty stomach,
- do not drink water
- Do not eat immediately after eating (optimally - 30 minutes after a meal),
- not to use them in case of exacerbation of diseases of the digestive organs,
- pears should be ripe, but not overripe.
An important property of a pear is the ability to retain many useful elements while undergoing heat treatment. Therefore, it can be dried, boiled and make any preform. There are 2 main types of pears: wild (forest) and garden.
Pears contain arbutin - a natural antibiotic, so a decoction of forest fruits is used to lower the temperature. Wild fruits are also known in folk medicine as a treatment for prostatitis. Within a few days of using such a compote, you can notice a positive effect. And with its long-term use can be cured. For men over 50, it is recommended to dry the wilder in order to drink compote and pear tea throughout the winter - this will be an excellent prevention of prostatitis.Dried Pears
Compote of dried pears have a diuretic and analgesic effect on the human body. A compote pears are an expectorant antitussive. They are indicated to be used for bronchitis and even pulmonary tuberculosis.
Pears are recommended for hypertensive patients and people suffering from diseases of the heart and blood vessels., as they contain many antioxidants that prevent an increase in blood pressure.
There are several properties of pear, useful for women:
- Folic acid in these fruits is good for pregnant women.. It helps in normal division and renewal of body cells. It also prevents neonatal nervous system defects.
- For women over 40 pear is the prevention of cancer, thanks to a lot of vitamin C and copper. They protect cells from free radical damage.
- Vitamin E, which is part of the pear, called the female vitamin or beauty vitamin. is he prevents aging of skin cells, favorably affects the growth of hair and nails. Also, this vitamin is involved in building hormones in women, contributes to good ovulation. Very useful for losing weight.
- Pear extract, which is part of many cosmetics, returns skin elasticity and healthy color.
- Beauty mask of pears can be made at home. It is enough just to chop the pear in puree. This mask will have a lifting effect, relieve inflammation of the skin, help get rid of acne. And if you wash with a pear puree, like a scrub, then dead skin particles are well removed.
Young leaves have a pronounced antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Broths from the leaves are used to treat various diseases, and crushed dry leaves relieve excessive sweating.. For example, a decoction of the leaves helps with rheumatism. To prepare it, pour 2 teaspoons of dried leaves with a glass of boiling water, then let it brew for 2 hours, wrap well, then strain. Take 3 times a day, 2 tablespoons. When inflammation of the genitourinary system infused pear leaves can be washed. They destroy microbes and eliminate the inflammatory process. To remove the sand from the kidneys, the leaves are brewed as tea and used instead of other drinks.
The benefits and harm of fruit to the human body
Consider the undoubted benefits of pears for the human body can be on recipes in which this fruit is the main component.
Pear is very useful for the human body
- For the treatment of urolithiasis need to eat 2 wild pears on an empty stomach. It is also useful to drink compote without sugar.
- For the prevention and treatment of adenoma pear in the evening brewed in a thermos, the resulting infusion should be taken in a quarter cup 4 times a day.
- Relieve heartburn and stomach pain 2 pears, eaten in the morning.
- Fresh pear juice It is recommended to use for patients with diabetes mellitus 50-70 ml 30 minutes before meals.
- Oven baked pears, lightly sprinkled with sugar, will help in the treatment of cystitis.
- With temperature and cough need to take a decoction of dried pear.
- With diarrhea half an hour boil 100 grams of dry pears per liter of water. Then 2 hours decoction infused. During the day, you need to drink 3 times half a glass.
Rich in nutrients pear composition has some contraindications. Hard pear varieties are not advised to be used by the elderly in their raw state.. They are best cooked or baked in the oven. The same applies to people suffering from gastrointestinal disease.
For safety, pears are best to peel and remove the core.