To the decision to breed geese each comes in different ways. Some people like their tasty meat, some have high-calorie, but healthy liver, some have nourishing eggs. Yes, and high-quality fluff, and feather, too, can be a good source of income. Therefore, breeding poultry is quite suitable for business or additional income.
So, the desire to engage in goose breeding appeared. In this regard, beginners have many questions.
We solve top-priority tasks
First, we settle the issue with the neighbors. The decision depends on where you live:
- private sector of the city,
- or village.
The goose is a noisy bird. If you live in a city, not every neighbor will like it. Why, as they say, you unnecessary trouble and tension. Better then give up this idea and get another bird.
If you live in a village, then questions should not arise. There is a place free grazing. Creating content conditions is much easier.
To hatch eggs, geese should create certain conditions:
- hens are kept separate from other birds,
- the temperature in the barn should be within +15 degrees,
- a spacious nest is fenced off from the herd,
- next to the goose, there is a drinking bowl in which there must always be clean water,
- in the nest should always be dry.
Approximately 28 days after laying, the chicks will hatch. They must be immediately taken from the nest, placed in a box and using the lamp to create the necessary temperature for the young. When all the chicks are born, they are returned to the hen.
Since not all geese have a brooding instinct, poultry farmers often have to breed chicks in an incubator. This procedure has its own characteristics:
- Within 10 days, healthy eggs are selected and sprayed with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. You can not wash eggs.
- 3 hours before laying the incubator heats up to a temperature of +39 degrees.
- The first 5 hours the temperature in the incubator should be +38 degrees. After that, it gradually decreases by half a degree.
- Every 6 days, the eggs should be turned over so that they are heated evenly.
- After 2 weeks the incubator will need to be ventilated, for which it opens for 10 minutes.