If it is time to move the seedlings to the ground of the greenhouse, then you must first check whether you can plant tomatoes at this time or better wait.
Firstly, the soil should be well heated, and to be more precise, to a temperature of 12-15 ° C. If the temperature of the soil is lower, then there is a risk that the roots of the seedlings will rot. In order for the ground to warm faster, it must be covered with black polyethylene.
Secondly, the stalks of seedlings should not be very immersed in the ground, otherwise all the forces of the future tomato will go to the formation of new roots, and not growth.
Thirdly, in the soil should not be an abundance of nitrogen, that is, you can not make fresh manure, chicken droppings, urea. Otherwise, foliage will grow, but there will be no fruiting.
Fourth, it is imperative to monitor the plants so that there is no damage. Any yellowed or diseased leaf should be removed.
When planting you need remove cotyledon leavesthat are near the ground, and even below. Choose a day to make it overcast, or land in the evening. The wells must be disinfected, that is, a strong, hot solution of potassium permanganate is poured into each hole, and right before planting the wells must be moistened.
It is also interesting to read about the early varieties of apples.
Greenhouse tomato care tips
One and a half to two weeks after planting, the tomatoes should be fertilized for the first time. This dressing will consist of nitrophoska and mullein (for 10 liters of water 1 tablespoon of nitrophos, 0.5 liters of liquid mullein). This solution is boring for 1 l per 1 bush.
After 10 days you need to make a second dressing. This time we need potassium sulfate and fertility fertilizers (for 10 liters 1 tsp of sulphate and 1 tbsp of fertilizer). This dressing should be done 3 - 4 times per season.
For tomatoes, a surplus of moisture in the soil is destructive, otherwise the fruit will simply disappoint you with its appearance and taste. Therefore, it is necessary to water the bushes with an interval of 5 - 6 days.
The first 10 days of tomatoes, too, is not desirable watering, because by that time the plants have not yet taken root in the new territory. Also important is the water temperature - 20-22 ° C.
The optimal amount of water before flowering is 4 - 5 liters of water per 1 sq. M.
When the bushes bloom, then the volume of watering should be increased to 10 - 13 liters per 1 sq.m. Water is better to pour at the rootso that the leaves and the fruits themselves remain dry.
Among other things, the best time of day to replenish moisture in the soil is morning and not evening, since in the evening there is a tendency to condensation.
For tomatoes, the right temperature is very important, otherwise they will not bloom, and then bear fruit. Therefore, if it is sunny outside, then the air should be heated to 20 22 ° C, and if the weather is overcast, then the temperature will be 19-20 ° C.
It is necessary to maintain the temperature balance at night, otherwise, any fluctuations in temperature will cause irreparable harm to tomatoes.
At night you need to maintain 16 17 ° C. This temperature is suitable for tomatoes that do not bloom yet. Further, it is impossible to cross the line of 26–32 ° C, otherwise tomatoes will not yield a crop.
The bottom line during flowering is 14 16 ° C. Tomatoes are characterized by a surge in growth of the vegetative mass, which will be to the detriment of the future harvest. If this happens, then the temperature should be kept at 25 26 ° C.
When you removed the first fruits from the bushes, then the optimum mark on the thermometer will be 16–17 ° С. This decrease in temperature will help to stabilize the process of growth and ripening of fruits.
Pruning tomatoes in the greenhouse is to remove the so-called stepsons (lateral shoots that develop from the leaf bosom). On these shoots grow leaves that block the access of sunlight to the fruits themselves.
Remove stepsons need to regularly. The bush itself must be formed from a central shoot, on which you can leave 5 - 6 brushes.
You also need to pinch the top of the bush for about a month before the end of the growing season. When the fruits begin to turn red, you need to remove all the lower leaves. Pruning should be done in the morning so that the “wound” places can dry out in a day.
Prevention, treatment of diseases
"Get sick" can both seedlings and adult bushes. For seedlings typical disease blackleg.
This fungus infects seedlings from which nothing can grow as a result. To prevent this disease, you need to change the ground in the greenhouse before planting. The most common disease for tomatoes is phytophthora.
This disease "hits" the leaves, they turn black and die. As a result, you can lose about 70% of your crop.
Against this disease it is necessary to process the bushes three times: 3 weeks after the seedlings are moved to the greenhouse ground, 20 days after the first treatment and after the beginning of flowering of the third brush on the bushes.
Processing is carried out with solutions of the drugs "Barrier" and "Barrier" (operation according to the instructions).
The third treatment is carried out with garlic solution.
These simple tips will help you to get a wonderful crop of tomatoes at any time of the year without loss.
What kind of soil is needed to grow tomatoes?
In order to prepare the soil, it is necessary to remove the top layer, up to ten centimeters thick, since it contains all the fungi and microorganisms. After that, all the soil must be sanitized, for this you need to prepare a solution consisting of ten liters of water and a tablespoon of copper sulfate.
For the preparation of seedlings selected only good seeds, with the exception of painful, empty or damaged. In order to be sure for one hundred percent that the seeds will ascend, it is better to purchase products from well-known manufacturers.
To sow seeds in greenhouses made of glass or polycarbonate is needed in early March or late February, and in film greenhouses at the beginning of the second decade of March.The most optimal height that tomatoes have - it is thirty centimeters, it is not necessary to take a plant higher, since it can easily be damaged during transplantation.
And then instead of developing the root system, all the power tomatoeswill give, on the restoration of the stem. And if you take plants of shorter length, then they will be hiley, and even with good care they will not be able to settle down on any of the soil. Someone says that when planting, the plant must stand strictly vertically, someone is of the opinion that it should be inclined.
Sprinkle the plant with the ground to the level of the first leaves. If you have to work with overgrown seedlings, then the fossa should be twice as large as usual, and when the plant is placed there, you do not need to sprinkle it with earth until the end.
Only after the bush has taken root in the soil can you fill the ground. Watering the plant for the first time can be no earlier than the twelfth day.
Top dressing seedlings tomato video
Also between bushes need to observe the distance, which should be a little worse than half a meter. If this is not followed, the bush will grow and yield will decrease or the plant will be cramped. It is not so difficult to care for the fruits of the tomato.
All care includes weeding and loosening the soil, watering, feeding, pasynkovanie, garter and protection from pests. If any item is not fulfilled, the harvest may not be obtained, as this list of care is complex. Care work can also be made easier.
In the greenhouse you can hold a drip system, and the tomatoes will become wet without your help. You can also bed straw, thanks to which we will need to engage in weeding and loosening the soil less often. After all this, you can only wait for the harvest a tomato.
If your vegetables were grown in the winter, then at harvest time the interval should be equal to two days, and if in the fall, then it is necessary to harvest the fruits daily. Rip off the ripe tomatoes should be very carefully.
Many gardeners collect fruits only when they turn red a little, due to this other tomatoes can gain more weight. To store tomatoes you need in boxes, while wrapping each vegetable paper.
Such a juicy and tasty tomatoOne of the favorite vegetable crops of domestic gardeners is tomatoes. In the middle zone they are grown both in open ground and in various greenhouses and greenhouses.
Such a love of gardeners to this vegetable is quite understandable, since even a novice gardener can grow tomatoes in a greenhouse or greenhouse. Under any shelter, film or glass, tomatoes produce more abundant and early yields, and various diseases, such as phytophthora, are affected much less. Let us understand, because it is right to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse, so that the crop would ripen early, enough for a variety of pickles and so that you can treat yourself to fresh, juicy and tasty tomatoes until late autumn.
Selection (culling) of seeds
In order to select the strongest seeds for further planting, screening is carried out (for more details, see Which types of tomatoes for the greenhouse to choose). The first stage of selection will be visual.
Seeds are poured on a clean sheet of paper or a fine sieve, and the broken, weak and small ones are manually picked. Seeds of large and medium size are left. However, not always such seeds can boast of good germination.
For the selection of empty, not dense seeds, soak them in saline solution.For this, bred about 2 tbsp. spoons, with a small hill, salt in 1 liter of water at room temperature.
After the salt “disperses”, the seeds are immersed in the solution and left in it for 5-7 minutes. Seeds will be divided into two groups: submerged on the bottom and floating on the surface. Those seeds that float, are rejected and thrown away.
Seeds caught on the bottom of the solution and washed. After which they are placed on clean paper and dried.
Disinfection of planting material
For disinfection of tomato seeds, a 1% potassium permanganate solution (ordinary potassium permanganate) is used. The prepared seeds are immersed in such a solution for half an hour, then washed with running water and dried. Preparation of a solution of potassium permanganate for disinfection Council: in order to activate the growth processes and also increase the yield, the seeds are soaked in an infused solution of wood ash.
To obtain such a solution insist 2-3 tbsp. tablespoons of wood ash in 1 liter of warm water. Then the change is lowered into it for 6-8 hours, and then, having reached, it is dried.
Preseeding hardening of seeds
Before proceeding to sowing tomato seeds, in order to increase the yield and speed of fruit ripening, as well as the resistance of plants to cold, pre-sowing hardening of seeds is carried out. This procedure involves alternating effects of positive and low temperatures. The prepared seeds are put in a bag of natural fabric and moistened, and then left for 12 hours at normal room temperature.
For the next 12 hours, the seeds are cleaned on the top shelf of the refrigerator, where the temperature is kept at 0 + 30 C. So the seeds are moved until they start to hatch (germinate). Usually the seeds begin to germinate within 10-15 days.
Sowing seeds and caring for seedlings
There are a number of rules that should be followed when sowing tomato seeds:
- sowing is carried out about two months before transplanting tomatoes in the greenhouse. It is not necessary to increase this period, since the seedlings outgrow and stretch, and the plants are more difficult to adapt to new conditions, seeds of tomatoes are sown to a depth of no more than 15 mm, the distance between rows should be from 5 to 7 cm, and between seeds themselves about 1 cm .
If everything is done correctly, then at a temperature of +190 C + 250 C, the first sprouts appear for 3-5 days. Advice: for a stronger, “stocky” seedling, after the first shoots have appeared, boxes with seeds need to be placed for a week in a bright but cool room, the temperature of which will be +100 C + 150 C. Further care of the seedlings includes loosening the soil, airing and good watering of tomatoes once every seven days. After 10-14 days after the sprouts appear, the seedlings need to pick out individual pots or containers.
Let's figure out how to dive seedlings of tomatoes. First of all, prepare everything you need:
- Tomato seedlings, in which the first two true leaves have already formed, a spatula (replaced by a disposable plastic teaspoon), a special soil for tomatoes or a prepared soil mixture, potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate), a small leuke.
So, here is a step by step instruction:
- As soon as the seedlings of tomatoes appear the first two true leaves, it is necessary to dive. A dive at a later date, according to a study by biologists, leads to a longer adaptation and poor survival of plants. The photo below shows the tomatoes in the phase of the first two true leaves.
Tomatoes in the phase of two true leaves
- A few hours before transplanting the seedlings, it is necessary to shed a container with plants with warm and settled water. It should saturate the soil well, which will then make it easy to remove tomato seedlings from the ground. In advance, individual containers and containers can be prepared, filled with the same soil that was used for sowing seeds, and shedded with a weak, pink color, potassium permanganate solution. By the time of transplantation, the entire soil should warm up to room temperature - +200 C. Carefully, trying not to damage the tomato side roots, reach the plants from the tank. This is best done with a small spatula, or use a small plastic spoon. In no case do not pull out the seedlings, so you can destroy them! Carefully look at and remove all weak and poorly developed seedlings. For each full-sized seedling you need to nip off the bottom tip of the main root. You can pinch off the tip of the root with your fingernails. Plant the seedlings of tomatoes into a hole 5-6 cm deep. The root should be completely inserted into it and in no case bend. If the root is not removed, slightly deepen the hole. The first, cotyledon leaves should be located above the ground. After the seedling is replanted, the ground around it must be compacted. Each transplanted tomato seedling must be well shed so that there are no voids in the root area. Watering seedlings can only be warm and separated with water. After transplanting the plants, it is best to put them on a shaded sill and hold them there (see also the Mini Greenhouse on the sill for growing seedlings) for about a week, watering as the land dries, but not very often - one two times a week. After the seedlings adapt to new conditions and “come to their senses,” they can be rearranged to a sunny place.
At the end of the first month of cultivation and immediately before planting in the greenhouse, feeding is carried out. (See. Top dressing tomatoes in the greenhouse) To do this, dissolve in 10 liters of water 30 g of wood ash, 10 g of ammonium nitrate and 25 g of superphosphate. For seedlings, superphosphate is best used as a hood, for which superphosphate is drawn in water for 24 hours.
Answering the question of how to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse, it should be noted the important role of proper soil preparation and fertilizer application. Fertilizers should be selected based on the type of soil in your greenhouse or greenhouse. If peat prevails on beds, then it is necessary to bring in a bucket of sawdust or humus, as well? buckets of coarse river sand for 1 m 2. Add loamy soil to improve humus or sawdust, at the rate of 1 bucket per 1 m 2. (See
What to fertilize tomatoes) In addition, for each 1 m 2 make 1 cup of wood ash, 1 tbsp. spoon superphosphate and potassium sulfate, 1 tsp urea. After that, they dig up the soil. Then the prepared beds are shed with warm water and tightly closed with a clean film for several days. Immediately before planting the seedlings, they form holes and spill them with an aqueous 1% solution of potassium permanganate. For its preparation it is necessary to dilute 1 g of potassium permanganate in 10 liters of hot water, the temperature of which is +500 C + 600 C. Each well shed 1-1.5 liters of the resulting solution.
Planting seedlings in closed ground
Many gardeners and gardeners think about when to plant seedlings in closed ground, as they grow tomatoes in a greenhouse to get the first fruits early. It is important to remember that tomatoes are a very thermophilic culture. Under the conditions of the middle lane, planting in a greenhouse or greenhouse is usually carried out in mid-May.
But it is better to focus on the temperature in the greenhouse, as well as on the condition of the seedlings. It is best to plant seedlings of tomatoes at the time when the buds are “stuffed” on the first flower brush. It is possible to plant and not flowering seedlings, but in this case the harvest will be later. What is more significant is what temperature is kept in your greenhouse, since tomatoes should be grown in a greenhouse at an average temperature of +180 C + 200 C. This average temperature indicates that night temperatures can drop to +80 C + 100 C and in the daytime, rise to +300 C. In the event that you have already planted tomato seedlings, but a sharp cooling or cloudy weather has been established, you must be artificially maintained in a greenhouse desired temperature. Цена вопроса – ваш будущий урожай.Многие садоводы, прежде чем высаживать рассаду, делают в теплицах дополнительное утепление, закрепляя дополнительные полотна нетканого укрывного материала, либо двумя слоями плотной полиэтиленовой пленки, по стенам и потолку.Важно:если вы утепляете парник или теплицу полиэтиленовой пленкой, нужно сделать между слоями зазор не менее 3 см.Вот небольшая инструкция по высадке рассады томатов:
- Tomato seedlings are planted at the age of 60-65 days, the soil in the greenhouse or greenhouse should be well fertilized and spilled, depending on the width of the greenhouse make the number of rows. The distance between rows, as a rule, is kept at 30-40 cm. Between the bushes of tomatoes, the distance should be at least 25 cm. Depending on how the bushes are formed tomatoes, in one or several stems, depends on the density of planting. Since it is right to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse at the rate of 8-10 bushes per 1 m 2 when forming into one stem, or 4-6 plants per m 2 when forming into several stems. After transplanting seedlings to a permanent place, it is necessary to water it every other day. Water for irrigation should be separated and warm, with a temperature equal to or close to the temperature of the soil, as it is possible to grow a tomato in a greenhouse or greenhouse, subject to this condition.
Growing in a greenhouse
Home-grown seedlings are also taken for planting in greenhouses, since it is not possible to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse in a seedling-free way in a midland setting. nightly do not fall below +100 C. Rassad at the age of 60-65 days planted at the rate of 8 plants per 1 m 2, in two rows. In order to get an earlier harvest, seedlings are planted more densely, leaving a distance of 15-20 cm between plants and 40 cm between rows.
With this method of planting the bushes form in one stem, pinching over the second floral brush. To obtain such an early harvest, only early early varieties, such as “Nevsky”, “Moskvich”, “Tambov productive 340”, and “North”, are suitable. with a lot of fertilizer. Before digging make 70-80 g of ammonium nitrate, 50 g of potash fertilizer (without chlorine) and 150 g of superphosphate, based on the area of the frame.
Tomatoes are very fond of airing and not very high humidity. It is especially important to air greenhouses and greenhouses during flowering. Watering plants should be moderate, since with abundant and excessive watering the fruits become watery in structure and sour to the taste. Before the flowering begins, tomatoes are watered every 5-7 days, at the rate of 5-6 liters of warm and settled water per 1 m 2. the period of flowering and the formation of fruit watering should be increased to 15 liters per 1 m 2. The features and nuances of how to grow tomatoes in the greenhouse video you can view here.
Share on social networksCommentsAdd commentAlisa
Thanks for the helpful article! I want this year to finally achieve a good harvest of tomatoes, so the tips will come in handy. Last year, the plants were frail, due to moles.
But we eventually turned them off the site (we bought an ultrasonic repeller, we had an LS-997R eco-sniper, they flew away with a whistle, after a couple of weeks the spirit was gone). So now I hope that nothing will stop me from growing a good harvest.
Growing tomato seedlings
Growing tomato seedlings in a greenhouse requires a sufficient amount of light. The ambient temperature should be between 18 and 28 degrees.
In order to increase the cold resistance of the plant, its seeds and seedlings must be hardened and grown with proper potassium-phosphorus nutrition. That and how, should be in the greenhouse, this article will tell.
- Before planting the seeds of tomatoes, they are separated by density. A 5% solution of common salt (50 g per liter of water) will help to do this. Seeds are lowered there. Some of them will emerge, and some will settle to the bottom. Those that settle and are used for sowing.
Fundamentally important is such a criterion as yield. If you take the traditional varieties, you will get about 15 kg of vegetables from the bush. Specially bred hybrids will give from 20 kg of tomatoes. Tomatoes are distinguished by a long growing season.
This suggests that if you are going to grow vegetables in the middle lane, so that the crop will appear in May, you will have to plant seeds on March 20th.
- First, planting tomatoes occurs in boxes, and then in the ground in the greenhouse. The soil for sowing is prepared in autumn. It is frozen in the winter, and thawed in the spring. Then poured into the boxes and make grooves with a depth of 2 cm. Seeds are planted at a distance of 1 cm from each other. In May, seedlings are transplanted into milk bags. Picks are carried out in the phase of two leaves. The seedling can be grown in peat blocks as well. At the same time, they are moistened in such a way that before sowing, when pressing a finger on them, moisture protrudes. Mineral fertilizers that come with peat blocks, divided into parts. One will go to the solution with which the peat block will subsequently be poured.
Important point: soil preparation
Properly preparing the soil means getting a good harvest. First of all, the soil must meet all the requirements for good fruiting tomatoes.
- For example, if you have loam in a greenhouse, you need to improve it. How to do it? A square bucket of peat, humus and sawdust is poured into 1 square meter of land. Is the situation quite opposite, and is the soil too saturated with peat? Sand, sawdust and turf land will help. Do not forget about fertilizers. It is better to add them immediately. Potassium sulfate or superphosphate will be a good option. Soil disinfection in the greenhouse occurs with the help of potassium permanganate solution. Do not forget to dig the soil after the procedures.
Nowadays, a huge number of tomato varieties are on the market.
What to do to prevent illness?
Planting tomatoes is a difficult process, if only because many actions are necessary. One of them is disease prevention. Many gardeners from year to year have the same diseases, and it would seem that nothing helps ... But there is a solution!
You just need to reduce the infectious background. How to do it?
- Before the next planting will be carried out directly in the greenhouse, it is necessary to remove the old bushes of tomatoes. It is better to pull them out by the root. You can remove the top layer of soil, but this is a very laborious task. Densely sow the ground in the greenhouse with white mustard. This plant kills fungal diseases. Leave the greenhouse open for the winter. Let the soil freeze. Do not compact the planting of tomatoes, as this will have a negative effect on the soil. Remove all the strings with which the tomatoes of the previous sowing were tied. Collect the mulch and weeds and burn. In a year, you can plant your favorite variety again.
In the fight against tomato diseases in the greenhouse, this material will help. As soon as the first ray of spring touches the ground, gardeners think that planting tomatoes is not far off
Proper care - a guarantee of tomato yield
When all the main work is done, it remains only to properly care for the plants. This means you will need to carry out a whole range of irrigation, airing and pollination measures.
- Watering the tomatoes will have from the 12th day of planting. But do not pour! At 1 square meter of soil before flowering plants use 4 liters of water. During the formation of the fetus - already 12 liters. Watering is necessary every 5 days. The water temperature is at least + 22. In the greenhouse, it is necessary to carry out artificial pollination, which will increase the yield of tomatoes at times. To do this, just shake the inflorescences. The procedure recommended for the day when the sun is shining. Upon its completion, the inflorescences are sprayed with water, and the greenhouse is aired. It is not necessary to neglect such an important condition as the ventilation of the greenhouse. To do this, you must take care of the vents in advance.
How to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse in winter: planting, care, tips, photos, videos
During the day, the air temperature in the greenhouse should not exceed 22 degrees. At night, it should be at least 20 degrees. During the period of fruit ripening, it is important to raise the temperature by a couple of degrees. We also recommend that you read the article doing the greenhouse ventilation yourself.
So, planting tomatoes is a difficult procedure, in which compliance with all the rules will necessarily lead to a good result. In order for the yield to be high, it will be necessary to choose the right variety, prepare the soil, grow the seedlings and provide the plant with care, and how to grow mushrooms, this article will tell.
Tomatoes in the greenhouse growing and care: video
By caring for the tomatoes conditions in the right way, you get a crop of tomatoes in any season. Even in summer, open ground is not suitable for planting tomatoes. In a greenhouse made of polycarbonate, tomato plants can be planted in the spring, without additional devices that heat the space. To obtain the result, follow the sequence of plant care correctly.
It is important to understand the differences in the methods of growing tomatoes in the open field and in the polycarbonate greenhouse. Such a feature in the care caused by the level of moisture in the greenhouse. Sharp changes in ambient temperature, depending on the time of day, as well as possible overheating of the tomato during the day, affect the yield inside the polycarbonate structure. To care for tomatoes brought the harvest, you should first consult with professionals, experienced gardeners and choose a method of growing tomatoes.
To begin with, conduct preparatory activities with polycarbonate construction. Determine the correct location of the greenhouse relative to the garden, the main condition - the minimum shade of the selected area. The structure should be removed from massive trees, shrubs and structures.
Note! The composition of the soil is important for the harvest.
How to grow tomatoes in the greenhouse video
In the presence of loam, dilute the soil with peat, sawdust and humus (one square meter requires one bucket). If there is enough peat in the soil, add sod, sawdust and humus in a similar proportion, sand is also necessary (per 1 sq. M half a bucket).
Tomato beds form a week before planting seedlings. The recommended width is 900 mm. Provided that the area of the greenhouse allows the organization of several beds, consider the distance between them - from 600 mm and more. If the distance between the beds to make less, tomato plants will interfere with each other in the process of growth, blocking sunlight.
On the eve of the disembarking of tomatoes, impregnate the soil with a special compound, which is obtained from potassium permanganate (1 gram, 1%) and water (10 liters). Consumption is one bucket per 1 well with a plant.
Choosing the right plant variety
If you choose a hybrid variety of tomatoes, in this case, the harvest is quite realistic. These varieties are able to resist diseases and pests. Such plants bear fruit even in those conditions that are considered imperfect.
Tip! To care for tomatoes in the greenhouse was not in vain, plant seedlings of tomatoes without limited growth, it is inappropriate, since these varieties form only one stem.
The main difference between a variety of tomatoes without limited growth is the early fruits and density of the inflorescences on the bush. Many brushes appear on them - about fourteen. Tomatoes sprout until the end of the summer season, so this variety is not exposed to autumn frosts. Also, tomatoes of unlimited growth are not peculiar to phytophtora disease, which can ruin the crop.
Seedling care rules
To get a harvest of tomatoes with your own hands in a polycarbonate greenhouse is possible by following a few tips:
- After the tomato seeds have germinated, the seedlings in the greenhouse are watered three times in the first month. This watering occurs as follows: the first is organized immediately after the appearance of young seedlings on the surface of the soil, the second and third time they are watered with tomatoes at a frequency of 14 days,
- Watering tomatoes in a polycarbonate structure occurs with water from + 20 degrees or more,
- Also observe the temperature regime during the first week. Recommended temperature level: during the day + 16 degrees and above, at night + 13 and more. For the correct cultivation of tomatoes in the greenhouse on the second week, experts advise to increase the temperature. Recommended values during the day are up to + 20 degrees, and at night up to + 16,
- The capacity with seedlings of tomato should be rearranged daily, orienting the unlit part of the plant towards the sun,
- Landing in the ground occurs at a time when the seedlings become no more than 0.35 m in height. Also on the young bush should be formed about ten leaves and several inflorescences,
- On the eve of planting a polycarbonate greenhouse with your own hands, remove the bottom leaves from the bushes (about three). Such care for tomatoes will reduce the disease in plants.
When caring, observe the recommended distance to land in such a way that the distance between the seedlings is between 600 mm and more, and the shrubs must be arranged in a staggered manner.
14 days after planting the seedlings, it is already possible to water the tomato bushes. After completing the first watering, make a seedling garter with your own hands, at the same time, it is recommended to leave eight brushes and all the blossoms of tomatoes.
The better to fertilize?
With proper care of tomatoes, it is worth saturating the soil with useful trace elements with a certain frequency. During the landing of plants in a polycarbonate greenhouse, it is desirable to fill the soil in the hole with fertilizer, which will set the growth rate. Useful granules are recommended to be placed in the ground so that the roots of the tomatoes do not come into contact with them, because the young plant can get burned. Vitamin composition is mixed with the soil.
To grow tomatoes, organize the proper feeding of vegetable crops. This item - one of the most responsible for the care of tomatoes in the greenhouse. Every week, the tomatoes in the greenhouse are fed up and then watered, such a regularity of fertilizing the soil is considered optimal. This vegetable is sensitive to the presence of phosphorus in the soil. To grow tomatoes in the greenhouse, saturate the soil with macroelements such as potassium nitrate and monopotassium phosphate.
What are the secrets of pollination?
Caring for tomatoes, aimed at obtaining a crop, is unthinkable without the right approach in pollination.
Consider pollinating tomatoes:
- Pollination is done by shaking the flowers, so that the pollen gets on the pistil of the flower of the plant. For the procedure, select solar time in the morning. This is followed by watering and spraying the inflorescences on the bushes,
- In a short time, after a couple of hours, reduce the level of humidity inside the polycarbonate structure by winding the greenhouse through the openings of the polycarbonate construction (doors, windows). Low moisture values will improve the taste of the ripening fruit of the tomato,
- Also, when airing, insects penetrate into the greenhouse, which naturally spreads pollen from one flower to another. Bumblebees are particularly good at this task. Some gardeners for the cultivation of tomatoes in the greenhouse specially constructed a hive and thus contribute to an increase in the number of ovaries on vegetable crops.
Collect ripe fruit correctly
Important! Tear off tomatoes carefully while removing the stalks from the bushes. Tomato fruits should be placed in boxes.
Pink color indicates that it is time to pick vegetable fruits.
Leave the greenhouse open for the winter. Let freeze the ground.
Growing tomatoes in film greenhouses: the secrets of planting and care
You can rent a permanent place on the market where you can sell your goods.
Channels for wholesale:
- grocery stores and warehouses,
- vegetable markets,
- restaurants and canteens.
Another way to implement - individual customers. We find them through friends and acquaintances - we supply fresh tomatoes on an ongoing basis. Small batches can be stably implemented in this way.
You can also go to wholesale buyers who are engaged in the processing of fruits in tomato paste or juice.
The first two dozen days, the leaf system will not grow quickly. And the next two dozen days, on the contrary, will be characterized by significant plant growth.
Seedlings, 20 days after planting seeds
That is, somewhere 40 days after the seeds have germinated, the leaves of the plant will begin to show active growth.
It is extremely important not to miss this moment and to carry out everything necessary so that the tomatoes do not stretch too much.