May. In the backyards, the delicate green of the landscape “explodes” with rich spots of flower beds. In each garden, among lush multi-colored compositions, there is a flower bed for tulips lovingly created by hand.
But not everyone is capable of creating a spectacular flower garden with a charmingly exquisite "oriental handsome" and once a symbol of royal power. To do this, there are some decorating techniques, which will be discussed further.
What begins a flower garden
The construction of each object begins with an analysis of the available funds, and only then comes the development of the project and its implementation. This is also true for creating flowerbeds. Before breaking the flower garden with tulips, critically review the material you have. Remove from the assortment of poor-quality copies. Then sort the bulbs into groups depending on indicators such as:
- color spectrum,
- timing of flowering
- plant height.
After the audit, it will be clear how to plant tulips. If there is not enough material available, then you can not dream of large, monochrome flowerbeds. But to issue a rabatka or enter a group of tulips into a traditional flower bed. Also, a small composition with different colors, in which “oriental beauties” will become dominant, will also look impressive and touching.
On the secrets of design flower beds with tulips will be discussed below, but for now let's do a reconnaissance on the ground.
What they like and dislike
So, having decided on the bulbs, you can do and choose a place to break the flower bed. It is necessary to take into account the requirements and features of the flower culture.
Since the origin of these flowers is Asiatic, they prefer the habitats:
- warm, well heated,
- protected from the winds.
Also, the selected area for the flower bed should be protected from waterlogging. In the marshy land of the bulbs quickly rot.
But the soil for them should be:
- rich in humus
- slightly alkaline or neutral,
- well drained.
All this must be considered when choosing a plot for the breakdown of a flower bed. It is better to choose a place where potatoes, legumes or cabbage were grown before.
Having decided on a place for a flower bed, knowing the assortment and number of tubers, you can start developing an exposition project.
Such spectacular and full of charm flowers like tulips, you can spoil not only poor-quality soil and poor growing conditions, but also ill-conceived placement. From the "wrong" environment in the flower bed, the beauty of the flower can lose its magnificence.
Therefore, the development of flower arrangements, where the main role will be assigned to the tulip, is not an easy job. To do this, you must follow the basic floral design techniques.
- Tulips look best in group plantings with other colors, regardless of their number. The role of tapeworms in a single copy scattered around the garden is not for them.
- Even if the florist has a few bulbs, the environment in the flower garden of other early-flowering plants will emphasize the attractiveness of tulips.
- The flowerbeds look especially touching, where our beauties are surrounded by monotonous other plants in color.
But each gardener must remember that in such compositions only 3 shades look harmoniously and elegantly in the aggregate.
Memo for beginners florist
Those who have little experience in creating flower beds with tulips, you should keep in mind the following nuances:
- When creating monoclumbus from different varieties, pay attention to the height that blooming flowers reach. On the edge should be the lowest specimens, dwarf. The next ones are higher,
- The above rule is true for the ring flowerbed. Place undersized - the outer perimeter of the frame. Tall ones land in the inner perimeter
- Consider the timing of flowering. So that you admire the flowerbed as long as possible, select such varieties in the composition so that the first flowering starts in April and ends in June.
- Do not forget about shrubs and trees, under which tulips are also beautiful. They are especially good against the background of early flowering plants: forsythia, weigela, rhododendron, sakura,
- Correctly select the "retinue for the king" flower garden. “Good neighbors” in traditional and irregular flowerbeds will emphasize the peculiar charm of the tulip at the peak of flowering. And in the future, these same plants will cover his withering leaves. This applies to hosts and ferns, which will hide the unsightly, final stage of a tulip's life on earth with its weakness.
Good for this and gypsophila. In addition to the above advantages, it has the ability to absorb excess water from the soil and thus protect the bulbs from rotting.
- To remove the destructive moisture for a tulip, a little neighbor will be a good neighbor. But the Dutch, for this purpose, for their boundless tulip fields use broken clay shards, buried between the bulbs.
- If the symbol of royal power is intended to decorate a mixed planting, where there are plants that require good watering, protect it from this and do not put it in the ground with everyone. Plant better tulips in special baskets, which after flowering will be removed from the flower beds. Thus, the leaves will wither without harm to the decorativeness of the flower garden, and the bulbs will remain healthy.
Responsible event - landing
Time for planting bulbs depends on the geography of residence. Experts say that the optimum period for planting tulip bulbs is when the temperature of the air and soil in the fall reaches + 80C.
In the matter of landing it is better not to rush. It is not scary if the earth is touched by the first light frost or snow. The soil can be slightly raised, the snow is otgresti and plant a bulb. The main thing then is to cover the ground well.
It will be useful to read:
Before planting, the ground needs to be dug up on the bayonet of the shovels and brought in based on 1 m2:
- humus - 2 kg,
- sand - 3 kg,
- peat - 1 kg,
- ash - 1 kg.
Then dig again and leave for 2 days.
In no case can not be fertilized with fresh manure. It reduces the immunity of plants. Organic fertilizers are very useful, for example, bone meal, which is recommended to be applied to each well.
Before planting, the material should be dipped in a solution of potassium permanganate (in relation to water 1 g per 1 liter) for 5-10 minutes. The depth of planting and the distance between the bulbs should be equal to three bulb diameters.
The bulb enters the soil, filled with vitality, which is enough for a violent flowering, and for the formation of new children. True, she responds with gratitude in early spring, before flowering, on fertilizing with ammonium nitrate in the amount of 15 g and superphosphate in the amount of 20 g per 1 m2. Potassium fertilizer is very useful for ripening the bulbs after flowering.
As the tulips bloom, the bulbs are depleted, the nutrients run out and the supply comes from green mass only.
Having provided children with vital energy, the above-ground part of the flower then dies off and a period of rest begins.
It will be useful to read:
Why dig out the bulbs
This is done for the following reasons:
- Each year the bulb forms many babies and if they are not digged for years, they go deep into the soil,
- The annual revision of the existing range allows you to save the best copies that are replacing the old ones,
- The systematic rejection of weak and diseased bulbs is necessary to prevent the spread of infection in the earth,
- The bulb remaining in the ground will be exposed to infections, excessive moisture. Insufficient soil temperature provokes the grinding of the variety and its death.
There are several varieties where it is allowed not to dig flowers for 4-5 years. These include tulips Kaufman, Foster, Greig.
The storage temperature of the dug bulbs should be first 250C for the best warm-up. A gradual reduction to 90 ° C provides optimal conditions for material preservation.
If the florist complies with all the recommendations for the care of these flowers, then the flowerbed of tulips created by him will be a matter of pride, cause admiration and delight the soul.
Tulip care from the moment of planting and until the first buds appear
Tulips are quite persistent and unpretentious perennial plants, however, errors in their care throughout the growing season may well lead to problems such as bulb rot, an abundance of blind (non-blooming) buds, and the curvature of thin stalks, creating the impression as if they lie on the plot.Tulips are pretty persistent and unpretentious perennials.
The first thing you need to take care of is to significantly increase the chances of getting healthy tulips with perfect flowers: choose a suitable sunny place with loose fertile soil for planting tulips and prepare the bulbs for planting. If you do not pay attention to the sorting of planting material, the selection of the most high-quality bulbs and their preplant treatment, in the future you are unlikely to avoid the defeat of tulips with diseases, and therefore the hassle will increase significantly.
There are so many flowers in the world, but there are obviously some that we have never seen before! . Further
Owners of country sites do not count on the help of landscape designers, and prefer to create their own creative fairy garden, which. Further
After a long winter, my hands itch to arrange a place for ornamental plants in a country plot - for myself. Further
Bright well-groomed flower garden - decoration of any giving and a personal plot. In the arrangement of landscape design, you can use available. Further
To decorate a personal plot it is not necessary to hire a landscape designer. You can easily make beautiful flower beds out of your stones. Further
Gone are the days when it was enough to generously sow marigolds and asters around the edge of a vegetable garden to decorate the cottage. . Further
To diversify the landscape does not necessarily resort to the services of professional gardeners. Beautiful flower beds are obtained from unpretentious perennials. Can . Further