Actinidia - one of those plants, about which 10-15 years ago in our country, and no one heard, whereas now it grows a huge number of people. Actinidia is considered a relict species that appeared several thousand years ago on the territory of the present Of china from where it spread to all corners of the globe.
In this article we will consider the beneficial properties of actinidia and study the contraindications for the use of its fruits. There will also be presented the best medicinal recipes and told about the features of the harvesting of actinidia for the winter.
Actinidia - general information
Actinidia is a perennial plant belonging to liana family It has rather thin stems and heart-shaped leaves, smooth on top and with stiff fibers on the bottom.
Once a season, actinidia blooms with inflorescences of white, its fruits, ripening in early autumn, depending on the variety may have a green or brown color.
The following varieties of actinidia are most often bred in Russia:
- colomikta ,
- argut ,
Favorite by many fruit - kiwi , is the fruit of the delicacy plant of actinidia, but in our climatic conditions (without greenhouses) it cannot be grown.
It is necessary to grow actinidia in shaded areas, as the plant does not tolerate direct sunlight. The best option is to plant actinidia inside the garden, between deciduous trees, which not only obscure it, but also protect it from wind and precipitation.
The fruits of actinidia varieties Colomikta and argut visually similar to small kiwi, they have similar taste properties. In addition to fruits, medicinal practice also uses leaves, buds and bark of this plant.
Useful qualities of actinidia
Actinidia berries contain a huge amount of useful vitamins and minerals, in addition to which sit in them:
- fructose and organic dyes.
They are mainly valued as a source. vitamin C , the content of which is more than actinidia lemons and other citrus fruits.
In addition to vitamin C, actinidia contains vitamins. E and B9 . With regular use of these fruits improves immunity and increases the body's resistance to colds.
Also actinidia has the following useful qualities:
- Normalizes metabolism and hormonal background of the body.
- Strengthens blood vessels and heart muscle, increases the strength of bone tissue.
- It is useful for poisoning and intoxication due to the possibility of neutralizing toxins and nitrates in the gastrointestinal tract.
- It removes cholesterol from the body, thereby preventing the formation of blood clots and clogging of the veins.
- It improves mood, strengthens the nervous system and prevents the development of depressive states.
- It has a laxative effect, so it can be used for chronic constipation.
In addition to all the beneficial properties, actinidia fruits are an excellent dietary product ( calories just 48 kcal per 100 grams ), which is perfect for the diet of people who want to lose weight.
Due to the high content of vitamin C (aka ascorbic acid), which is a natural preservative, actinidia does not lose its beneficial properties during heat treatment. These fruits are useful in both torn and processed form. From actinidia prepares a delicious jam, marshmallow, marmalades, compotes and juices.
Note also extracts from actinidia bark, which contains a large amount of tannins. Such tinctures help fight chronic headaches, migraines, and have a sedative effect on the nervous system.
Read more about health:
Harm and contraindications for use
The fruits of actinidia are a source of organic acids, because of which they can have a negative impact on health if a person has certain diseases. So, there is this fruit not with gastric ulcer and gastritis , it can aggravate the course of any inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract.
Do not abuse actinidia is necessary and people suffering from kidney disease . The flesh of the fruit contains a large amount of water, if you eat a lot of them, the load on the excretory system of the body will greatly increase.
All acidic fruits, and actinidia including, can provoke allergic reactions, manifested in the form of rashes and redness and inflammation of the skin. In extreme cases, inflammation and swelling of the nasopharynx or larynx may occur.
To avoid trouble when you first use actinidia, do not eat it in large quantities, but if you are not allergic to ordinary kiwi, most likely there will be no problems here.
The best medicinal recipes from actinidia
The fruits of actinidia are best consumed fresh, for prophylactic purposes enough to eat 4-5 fruits per day . From fresh fruits, you can harvest any kind of preserves, compotes and juices, and the following recipes have also proven themselves:
- Infusion of leaves (against rheumatism and angina). The leaves of actinidia are crushed and filled with boiling water, at the rate of 200 ml of liquid for 20 grams of leaves, after which the mixture is stewed on low heat for 15 minutes and cooled at room temperature. The infusion is used 3 times a day in 100 ml.
- Infusion of the fruit (for general immunity). Unpurified fruits of actinidia are crushed and poured into a thermos, which is filled with boiling water. Drink throughout the day in unlimited quantities.
- Decoction of dry fruits (against gastrointestinal diseases, anemia and metabolic disorders). Dried in the sun or in a household dryer for fruit, the pulp of actinidia is poured with boiling water and infused in a thermos for 12 hours. Used before a meal in 250 ml.
- A decoction of bark (against headache, depressed mood). 20 grams of dry bark are poured over 200 ml of boiling water and boiled for 30 minutes, after which the infusion is filtered and cooled. It is used 3 times a day, before meals, in a tablespoon. Also, decoctions of the roots and leaves of actinidia are often used for wrapping in diseases such as sciatica, rheumatism and gout, as they are ways to alleviate pain in the joints.
- Balm from the roots (against inflammation of the gums and stomatitis). 200 grams of actinidia roots are cleaned, crushed and poured with a liter of hot water, after which they must be boiled on the stove until 80% of the liquid is evaporated to form a strong, concentrated decoction. This decoction is used for rinsing the mouth.
- Fruit ointment (used for skin care and massages). The fruits of actinidia need to kill in a blender to a mushy consistency and mix with the same amount of fatty basis (you can use regular pork fat). Chopped mustard seeds or mustard powder are also added to the mixture.
Juice made from actinidia berries is an excellent tool for the prevention of beriberi in children. It can also be used in the period of exacerbation of viral and infectious diseases, which will provide excellent support for strong immunity.
Actinidia - photos, description
Beautiful liana with large simple leaves and small teeth on the edges of them, rather tall, with fragrant beautiful flowers and tasty fruits.
Actinidia is a perennial, from the genus of lianovas, its trunks are like woody stems. On the underside of the leaves there are villi.
The flowers are cream or white, depending on the variety can be of different shapes and colors.
There are about 30 plant species, of which four most common plant species are cultivated by humans:
- Actinidia Kolomikta, which is popularly called the "Amur gooseberries". The berries are green and about three centimeters in size. Sweet and aromatic pulp to taste and actually resembles gooseberry.
- Chinese actinidia is well known to all of us under the name "kiwi". The tender flesh of kiwi was liked by all of us with juiciness and wonderful taste, and we liked the good qualities - kiwi became a very popular fruit in our country.
- Actinidia argouta, or spicy actinidia, has the largest fruits of a sweet taste, and a slightly pineapple-like aroma.
- Polygamous actinidia - it has many other names: nosy, ostroplodnaya or polygamous. It is considered not edible due to the specific taste. It is grown as an original ornamental plant that can decorate any garden.
Actinidia - beneficial properties and contraindications
Nature is wise, it gave the vine a valuable healing properties as a gift to man. To compete with a plant can only sea buckthorn or dog rose .
First of all, you will be pleased with a huge amount of vitamin C, add here no less valuable vitamins A and P. The content of vitamin C increases with the ripening of fruits.
The fruits of the plant contain natural water, starch, reducing sugars, cellulose, and pectin, microelements and minerals, sucrose, organic substances and dyes are fully represented. Tannins and cardiac glycosides were also found in actinidia. In the seeds you will find essential oils.
In folk medicine, actinidia is used as a sedative, anesthetic, expectorant, hemostatic and firming agent.
Due to all its properties, in the absence of contraindications, actinidia is used for:
- Disease of the digestive system.
- Neurosis of the stomach.
- Whooping cough.
- Chronic constipation.
- Lung disease.
- Frequent headaches.
In addition, actinidia berries are involved in metabolic processes, regulating them, eliminating avitaminosis, decoction of the fruit of the plant helps with caries.
For therapeutic purposes, actinidia use the beneficial properties of berries, bark, roots and leaves of the plant. Traditional healers have collected a lot of recipes that can be used to help themselves with various ailments. I will introduce you to the correct preparation of decoction, infusion, ointment,
Infusion of leaves and flowers of actinidia
Infusion herbalists treat diseases of the joints, helps with gout, radiculitis, relieve symptoms of angina pectoris.
- Pour a glass of boiling water 20 grams. dry or fresh leaves or flowers of the plant. Then hold in a water bath for about 15 minutes and cool. If there are no other indications, drink a third cup of infusion of actinidia leaves three times a day.
Berry Infusion Recipe
Accepted as a general tonic with reduced immunity, after illness, in violation of blood circulation in the brain.
- A glass of boiling water is taken on a large spoonful of shrub berries. After a small infusion, take 100 ml. twice a day.
Infusion of actinidia berries - a recipe
This remedy on the basis of actinidia is taken in case of problems with the stomach or intestines, impaired metabolic processes, as well as anemia.
- To prepare a decoction of berries, take 2 large spoons of about a liter of boiling water. Brew in a thermos and leave overnight.
How to cook a decoction of actinidia bark
- 20 gr. crush crust and fill with a glass of boiled water. Next, hold the infusion in a water bath (half an hour is enough) and cool. Strained broth, drink immediately after meals for 2 large spoons.
Infusion of Actinidia Roots
The infusion of the roots of the plant is made to treat rinsing stomatitis. Infusion of roots will help with inflammation of the gums. In case of inflammatory diseases of the female genitalia, herbalists advise doing douching and lotions. A decoction of the roots perfectly relieves joint pain.
- To prepare the infusion of roots, they must first be cleaned, cut and pour boiling water. In a water bath, the tool lasts so much time to get a concentrated strong infusion.
Concentrated infusion of actinidia berries
To cure cancer, in addition to the treatment recommended by the doctor, a concentrated infusion of berries is used. The berries of the plant contain rare vitamin Q, which inhibits metastases and the growth of cancer cells. The infusion is taken in small doses immediately after a meal. You can make it the same way as a concentrated infusion of roots.
Ointment from actinidia
The ointment from the fruits of actinidia is used externally as a healing reducing agent for recovery after fractures - intended for massage.
- To prepare the ointment, take the berries of bitter varieties of plants, for example - polygamous. Pound the berries and mix them with any fatty base (pork fat).
Actinidia - medicinal properties
Due to its qualities, actinidia has a pronounced therapeutic effect.
- High pressure. Every day, eat a few berries of actinidia, they have a lot of potassium, useful for the work of the heart.
- Cold. Drink fresh juice or a decoction of the fruit, and you will recover faster by filling the body with vitamins C.
- Help with indigestion, heaviness after meals. Get rid of heartburn and belching. From the discomfort will heal the enzymes in the plant that stimulate digestion. In addition, there is actinidin in the fruit, contributing to good digestion of meat.
- For constipation, eat the fresh fruits of the plant; they act as a mild laxative.
- Angina pectoris Prepare an infusion of leaves and flowers of the plant. Drink 1/3 cup after a meal.
- Violation of cerebral circulation. Saddle a decoction of actinidia berries and drink 100 ml. twice a day.
- For long-term healing wounds, apply fresh juice.
Fresh juice, made from actinidia berries, has a wound healing and regenerating effect. Used externally to heal long-healing wounds, wet eczema. Gadgets that do an excellent job with the problem can be kept for no more than two hours.
It will help strengthen the immune system, with vitamin deficiency, suitable for strengthening the body and improve appetite. Herbalists are advised to use when diluted juice with water.
Juice has contraindications:
- Gastritis with increased acidity and ulcerative damage to the digestive tract.
- Kidney disease.
The beneficial properties of actinidia have a downside - contraindications for use, and you should not neglect them if you value your health.
- It is strictly forbidden to use funds on the plant backbone for vein disease, thrombophlebitis, poor blood clotting. By the way, if you have thick blood , then read my tips to liquefy it.
- Do not get carried away by the uncontrolled use of the fruits of the plant, it can cause intestinal upset - however, it goes away by itself if you stop eating actinidia.
- If you are taking for the first time remedies with actinidia or trying berries, then do it carefully - the plant can cause allergies.
What can you cook from actinidia
You can cook from actinidia anything that is prepared from any useful berry. If there are no contraindications, they are eaten fresh, canned in compote, boiled jam, marshmallow, kissel, make jelly and syrup.
In the fruits of actinidia, a very successful combination of ascorbic acid and polyphenols (sugar), which make it possible to benefit both from fresh fruits and from frozen or dried fruits, they are perfectly preserved.
And you can also do wonderful mask of kiwi , recipes and your skin will be very grateful for that.
How to Harvest Actinidia
For the treatment of herbalists advised to collect leaves, berries, flowers or bark vines.
This is done in the usual way. The flowers are torn off and dried during the flowering period, which falls on May - June. Ripe fruits appear in July and end only in October.
Seasoned gardeners do not advise putting actinidia in metal dishes, as this causes the rapid destruction of vitamins, especially C, the benefit of which for the body is difficult to overestimate. Glassware is suitable for storing berries of actinidia and medicinal products. The place is better to choose a dark, without active sunlight, to also prevent the destruction of the valuable nutrients of actinidia.
Found for you a video about the beneficial properties and contraindications of actinidia, I hope that the information will be interesting to you. Be healthy! With love ... Galina Nekrasova.
Botanical characteristics of actinidia
Actinidia is a perennial plant of the genus liana. It has trunks that look like woody stems. The leaves of actinidia are finely toothed, green, with short, hard fibers on the underside of the leaf. The shape of the leaf is heart-shaped. There are also decorative species with a pink or yellow color.
Actinidia flowers - white or cream-colored, collected in a brush, almost no smell. Fruits, depending on the variety, can be of different shapes, and their colors can be either green or brown-brown.
The tropical forests of Southeast Asia are considered to be the homeland of such a useful plant as actinidia. It is there that the largest number of actinidia species is found - about 30. Also, this plant is abundant in the flora of Korea and China. The most common 4 types of actinidia:
Актинидия коломикта , окрещенная в народе «амурский крыжовник», представляет собой древовидную лиану, достигающую в высоту шести метров. Произрастет в основном в кедровых, еловых и пихтовых лесах. Часто встречается в Японии, Китае и Корее. Плоды зеленые, имеют продолговатую округлую форму. Размер плодов – около трех сантиметров. The flesh is sweet, aromatic, taste like berries of gooseberry. Fruits are harvested slightly immature, in order to avoid dropping, and are consumed mostly fresh.
Actinidia argouta, another name for it, “Actinidia Acute”, is one of the largest species of this genus. Grows, as a rule, in coniferous or mixed forests. This type of actinidia is most widely distributed in the Far East, in Russia and China. In favorable natural conditions lives about 100 years. Fruits are small in size - 3 centimeters in length and about 2.5 in width. The flesh has a sweet taste and a delicate pineapple smell. The type of argut is the most fruitful.
Polygamous actinidia has many other names: “nose”, “polygamous”, “spicy fruit”. In nature, it is most often found in mixed forests of Primorye and the Far East. The bark is brown, the flowers are white, fragrant. Fruits change color during ripening from light green to orange. This type of actinidia is not completely edible due to the specific, pungent taste of fruit pulp.
Chinese actinidia - aka delicacy actinidia, as well as the most common and common name - "kiwi". Under natural conditions, this actinidia is common in the mountains. Homeland Kiwi - Western and Central China. Liana itself can climb a tree to a height of 30 meters. The leaves are large, pubescent, the upper part of the leaf is green and the bottom is reddish. The flowers are yellow or orange. The fruits are pubescent, oblong, fragrant. Pulp berries green or yellow, very tender, soft and juicy to the taste. The high content of vitamin C and potassium in Chinese actinidia makes kiwi the most effective remedy for vitamin deficiency, iodine deficiency and hypertension.
Growing and harvesting Actinidia
Actinidia does not like bright light, so it is recommended to plant it in dimly lit places. Actinidia bushes need protection from strong wind, hail and the sun, so the presence of a number of deciduous trees that give shade is only for her benefit. Also actinidia must be protected from spring, autumn and winter frosts. To do this, actinidia bushes should be covered for the winter with spruce paws, especially young plants, since they have lowered winter hardiness.
In the summer, care for actinidia is limited to frequent watering, spraying and regular dressing.
The rest of the care does not differ from the care of other fruit plants: timely pest control, regular weeding, loosening and fertilizer.
In case the actinidia bushes grow separately from the trees, the stems and shoots must be tied to the poles or wire. It is also important to follow the growth of the branches: a strong thickening of the plant should be avoided, periodically removing non-bearing or dying branches. Pruning is best done in the fall.
For therapeutic purposes, actinidia leaves, fruits, flowers and bark are collected in the usual way. Flowering continues on average from May to June, and fruiting only ends in October. It is not recommended to use metal dishes for fruit harvesting of actinidia, since interaction with it destroys vitamin C in fruits. Therefore, it is preferable to store fruit preparations of actinidia in glass dishes and in a place protected from light, as the influence of sunlight will destroy the biologically active substances.
For the preparation of infusion of leaves, you must chop the leaves or flowers of actinidia and pour boiling water. At 20 grams of raw materials required 200 ml of boiling water. Then the mixture is infused for 15 minutes in a water bath, and then cooled and filtered. Take the infusion should be three times a day for 1/3 cup. This infusion is used to relieve symptoms of angina and rheumatism.
The recipe for an infusion of actinidia berries is very simple: you need to take one tablespoon of berries and pour a glass of boiling water. This infusion is recommended to take twice a day in 100 ml. Used as a fortifying agent and in violation of cerebral circulation.
A decoction of dry actinidia berries: 2 tablespoons of dry berries must be filled with boiling water (about 1 liter) and left to stand for one night in a thermos. It is recommended to drink the broth three times a day before meals and 1 glass. Apply a remedy for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, anemia and disorders of metabolic processes in the body.
A decoction of actinidia bark: chopped bark (20 g) should be poured with boiling water (200 ml), then insist on a water bath for 30 minutes, cool and strain. Eat this broth should be after a meal - three times a day, two tablespoons.
An infusion of actinidia roots is obtained by evaporation of water to a minimum content. The roots must be cleaned, chopped, pour boiling water and kept in a water bath until you get a strong concentrated infusion. It is widely used to treat stomatitis and gum disease. Also used in the form of tampons, lotions and douches for female inflammatory processes.
Concentrated infusion of actinidia berries is used for the prevention of cancer and the formation of metastases, since the fruits of actinidia contain vitamin Q, which inhibits the growth of cancer cells. Concentrated infusion is recommended to take after meals in small doses.
In the treatment of beriberi, to strengthen the appetite and the general strengthening of the immune system, the juice of the fruits of actinidia is used. Due to the high content of vitamin C in actinidia, it is necessary to take fruit juice with caution, as the acid is contraindicated for people with kidney disease, gastritis and peptic ulcer. Therefore, it is recommended to drink actinidia juice with ice or diluting with water.
But fresh actinidia is most useful, because, by taking three fruits each day, you can easily prevent many health problems. And the fruits rubbed with sugar will become a useful delicacy for children and adults.
External application of actinidia is also widespread.
Ointment from the fruit in actinidia. For its preparation use the fruits of bitter varieties of plants, such as actinidia polygamous. Pounded fruits must be mixed with a fat base (suitable for lard fat) and crushed mustard seeds. This ointment has a healing and regenerating effect and is used for massages after fractures.
A decoction of the roots and the infusion of the leaves is used for hot wraps for radiculitis, gout, rheumatism, and articular and vertebral pain.
Juice and rind actinidia have wound healing and regenerating properties. Therefore, lotions and applications from the juice are used for the treatment of non-healing wounds and for wet eczema. Lotions should not be kept on the skin for more than two hours.
Medicinal properties of the plantUseful and healing properties of actinidia are known to people since ancient times. 3 g of the fruit of this plant can replace the daily rate of ascorbic acid for an adult.
As mentioned earlier, this vine is rich in fiber, which is in the fruit. Fiber, in turn, provides protective functions of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, reduces the effects of harmful toxins and substances, and also binds carcinogenic substances.
If a person regularly uses the fruits of actinidia, this will contribute to blood thinning. Thus, it will be possible to avoid the appearance of blood clots in the blood vessels, to prevent the development of stroke and heart attack.
Thanks to omega-3 fatty acids, which are part of the fruit, it is possible to reduce the risk of developing attention deficit disorder, autism and hyperactivity in children.
The acids in the berries regulate blood pressure and heart rate. Since actinidium is rich in manganese, the effect of antioxidant substances is enhanced. Calcium and magnesium help strengthen bones. Fruits experts recommend to use those people who are affected by Alzheimer's disease. This is due to the fact that vitamin K, which is part of the fruit, is able to reduce the damage that neurons cause to the brain.
Storage and storage of raw materialsIn this vine is absolutely everything that is useful for the human body, including even the roots and bark. That is why all parts of the plant are used for harvesting. Liana cut, sorted out, getting rid of various debris and damaged parts. After that, the plant is thoroughly washed under plain water and dried. To dry actinidia is necessary at a temperature of 60 degrees in order to preserve all the medicinal properties of the plant. Store the vine should be in a dark and dry room, which should be regularly ventilated.
The flowers and bark of the plant are folded into bags made of cloth. Do not store this product in cellophane bags. Actinidia berries can be harvested slightly unripe, since fruit ripening is uneven. Fruits survive already in a torn form.
It is also important to note that in no case can one collect and store actinidia using metal utensils, since this leads to a decrease in the concentration of vitamin C.
The berries of the plant can be put in a jar, then sent to a dark room so that the sun does not destroy the beneficial properties of biologically active substances and elements. Many people prefer to grind the fruits of creepers with sugar, then stack the mixture in glass containers, and cover them with parchment on top. This delicacy is stored in a dry and cool room. Due to such storage, the beneficial properties of actinidia only increase, since the berries are not subjected to heat treatment.
Use in traditional medicine
Incredible benefits of the fruits of actinidia are the human body. The recipes of traditional medicine include not only creepers, but also its leaves and roots. Actinidia has an effect on the body:
- pain killer.
In addition, the plant is often used in order to combat worms, as well as for the prevention of caries. Effective actinidia in the treatment of diseases of the lungs and joints.If you make a decoction based on dry berries, it will be useful for the treatment of many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, disorders of cerebral circulation, as well as for the purposes of preventive oncological diseases.
Various lotions are prepared from the skin of the vine and the juice, which are very effective for skin diseases, radiculitis, rheumatism, gout and severe pain in the spine.
With symptoms of paralysis, the plant is able to saturate the patient's body with necessary trace elements.
Specialists recommend using this decoction based on bark in case of physical metabolism disorders in the body, as well as in order to treat diseases of the oral cavity. Berries are recommended to use with minor bleeding and constipation. The plant is able to fight anemia, heartburn and bronchitis. Broths on the basis of leaves and flowers of vines are used to stop angina attacks. Ointments that are made from plant berries, used for such damage to the skin as:
The plant is also able to positively influence the recovery processes after fractures. Various actinidia-based products are often used for massages.
Actinidia berries are mainly used for the preparation of therapeutic formulations. But we should not exclude other parts of the plant from the recipe. The most effective and popular recipes are:
- Infusion to combat rheumatism and angina. To prepare this remedy, you need to take 20 g of finely chopped leaves of vines and flowers, pour 200 ml of boiling water, let it brew in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. After this time the infusion is filtered and cooled. The resulting drink should be consumed 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
- Decoction. It is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, anemia, as well as with existing metabolic disorders in the body. To prepare the broth, you need 2 tbsp. l dry fruits pour 1 liter of boiling water. It is best to use a thermos for this. Let the broth stand overnight. Means is taken 3 times a day before eating one glass.
- Infusion of the roots. This tool is used in the treatment of inflammation of the gums and stomatitis. The roots of actinidia need to be cleaned, crushed thoroughly, then pour boiling water and evaporate in a water bath in order to obtain a concentrated infusion. This tool can also be used to treat female inflammatory diseases in the form of lotions, douches or tampons.
- Ointment. It is used for massage after fractures. To prepare it, you need to grind the berries of a bitter variety of actinidia, and then mix them with pork fat. You should also add chopped mustard seeds. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed, after which the ointment is ready for use.
- A decoction of bark. To prepare it, you need to take 20 g of crushed raw materials, pour 200 ml of boiled hot water on it, let it brew for half an hour in a water bath, then strain and cool. The resulting decoction is taken 3 times a day after meals, 2 tbsp. l
- Infusion of berries. It is effective in combating disorders of cerebral circulation. For cooking means you need to take 1 tbsp. l fruits of the plant and pour 1 cup of boiling water, let it stand for an hour, after which the finished drink should be consumed 2 times a day in 100 ml. This infusion is also often used in order to strengthen the body.
Use in cookingQuite often, the fruits of the plant are used in culinary art in both fresh and processed form. From this product are made various drinks, jams, preserves, candy and more. Often also used the fruits of this plant for decorating desserts, cakes. However, it is worth noting that some varieties of actinidia are too hot, so they cannot be used as food. But the people of Japan learned how to prepare various dishes from the leaves of such plants. In China, even young shoots of vines are used for cooking. Culinary recipes:
- Raw jam. To prepare, take 1 kg of the ripe fruits of actinidia, chop them thoroughly, add 2 kg of sugar. Mix the mixture in glass jars in the amount of ¾ of the volume of the entire container. Store jars of fruit in a cool, dark room. Such jam is stored for 3 years.
- Jelly. Berries of actinidia should be carefully kneaded, top with sugar to fill in the same amount, mix. Boil the fruits with sugar on low heat to a sticky state. The resulting jelly is stored in a cool and dark room.
- Compote. Fruits should be placed in a glass jar right up to the neck, top with freshly boiled sugar syrup. To make a syrup, mix 300 g of sugar with 1 l of plain water. Pasteurize at 80 degrees for 10 minutes. The finished drink is stored in a cool place.
- Fruits with sugar. 1 kg of actinidia berries must be rubbed through a sieve, then mixed with 0.5 kg of sugar. Spread the sweet mixture into glass jars and cover with parchment paper on top. The treat is kept in a dark and cool place.