Rabbits at certain moments of life need to improve immunity: complex molting, recovery from illness or after surgery, etc. How to improve the protective functions of the body of rabbits, described in the article.
For any interference from the outside, the animal organism activates protective mechanisms that are programmed in it for long years of natural selection and life. The combination of these devices and reactions is called the immunity of rabbits. That is, immunity is a state of immunity of the organism to a foreign substance or an infectious principle. Constancy of the internal environment of the body is violated by viruses and microbes. In order to balance such a disturbance, the organism applies a whole range of mechanisms aimed at supporting this constancy. A part of this complex is immunological protection.
There are two types of rabbit immunity: acquired and innate. Congenital or specific immunity of rabbits is aimed at protecting the body from parasites and microorganisms that affect other species of animals. The individual or acquired immunity of rabbits results from the transfer of some disease to animals. The innate immunity of rabbits is called nonspecific, and acquired - specific. Both natural and artificial immunity may have an active and passive form.
Active natural immunity of rabbits occurs as a secondary response of the body after an illness, that is, the first contact with the antigen. Antibodies against this antigen accumulate in the blood of the sick animal, and immunological memory cells are formed. If an antigen gets into the body again, then the immune response is stronger and faster, and the disease is mild. The passive natural immunity of rabbits is ensured by transmission to the fetus from the mother through the placenta or young animals with colostrum of antibodies against certain diseases.
Artificial active immunity of rabbits is formed by vaccination. Rabbits are vaccinated with killed or weakened bacteria or viruses, resulting in the formation of a primary protective response of the body. When a non-attenuated pathogen comes into contact, a secondary response is provided, which leads to an easy course of the disease and a quick decontamination of the antigen. Today, harmless vaccines that do not contain an “damaging” factor (RNA or DNA of bacteria or viruses) are successfully created using genetic engineering methods. They are composed of surface proteins, which develops an immune response.
Artificial passive immunity of rabbits results from the introduction of serums that contain ready-made antibodies against a specific antigen. Such antibodies are obtained from immunized animals or by genetic engineering. Since some diseases develop faster than the body’s immune response, the animal has a chance to die. But if ready-made antibodies are promptly introduced into the body, then an own immune response will be formed, which will help to successfully cope with the disease.
Rabbits at certain moments of life need to improve immunity: complex molting, recovery from illness or after surgery, etc. In order to improve immunity, you can use Gamavit for rabbits - immunomodulating drug, which increases the body's natural resistance, and also reduces the effects of intoxication and has the properties of immunocorrector. Together with Gamavit in more difficult situations you can apply Imunofan. Successfully proved himself Katozal for rabbits - a stimulator of metabolism, which increases the strength and endurance of animals, the body's resistance to various diseases. For the stimulation of nonspecific resistance and for the treatment of viral infections, it is recommended to use Fosprenil for rabbits. From homeopathic preparations to rabbits use Evinton as an immunomodulating agent in the treatment of respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases of various etiologies, Elvestin (EVL-Se) to prevent diseases of young animals, strengthen immunity, prevent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and metabolic diseases, etc.
Buy preparations to increase the immunity of rabbits and other drugs for rabbits can be in the online vet pharmacy for rabbit breeding Novі Krolі.
Modern ways to improve the immunity of rabbits
The aim of our work was to justify the use of the drug "Foslrenil" to increase the productivity and safety of rabbits. In the first series of experiments, Fosprenil (a product of needle polyprenols phosphorylation) was studied on 50 rabbits divided into 4 experimental groups and 1 control group.
The scheme of use of the drug "Fosprenil"
The second series of experiments was conducted on 4 groups (10 heads each) of 45-day-old rabbits vaccinated against viral hemorrhagic disease. “Fosprenil” was administered intramuscularly in a dose of 0.2 ml / kg of body weight once according to the following scheme: in the 1st: group - 2 days before vaccination, in the 2nd group - simultaneously with vaccination, in the 3rd group - through 2 days after vaccination, the 4th group of rabbits served as a control, they were only vaccinated. According to the results of the experiments, the following conclusions were made:
- Intramuscular administration of Fosprenil to rabbits in the first half of the sukroolnosti contributes to an increase in red blood cells by 7.48%, hemoglobin by 17.13%, total protein by 6.7%, γ and β-globulins by 20.1% and 42.1%, respectively, amylase by 15.9%, glucose by 6.67%, phagocytic activity of leukocytes by 6.32%, lysozyme activity by 35.61%, mineral elements (calcium by 24.86% and phosphorus by 4.03%), and also decrease in leukocytes by 12.1%, AcAT by 18.9% and Al AT by 22.5%.
- Intramuscular administration of the drug "Fosprenil" in combination with vaccination of rabbits against viral hemorrhagic disease has the most pronounced effect when the drug is administered before vaccination and simultaneously with vaccination. These terms of introduction provide an increase in body weight for 4 months by 6.6% and 7.7%, respectively, and the safety of the entire population in the experimental groups, with 14% of the dead rabbits in the control.
- The most rational and effective use of "Fosprenil" in a dose of 0.2 ml / kg in the period of the first half of suckering. These terms of drug administration provide fertility in rabbits of this group on average by 17.3% higher, and the safety of offspring - by 7.7% compared with the control group. Under the influence of the studied drug, the increase in body weight of rabbits increased by 5.8% relative to the control.
Immune system function
No matter how clean the animals are, the mass of microorganisms, including the pathogens, is still present in the external environment. In addition, during the life of the rabbit may experience some kind of stress, caused, for example, by fear. Females spend a lot of energy on carrying and the birth of offspring, on his feeding. Shedding fur-bearing animals also does not pass for them completely. Thus, even the most healthy organism can be vulnerable to environmental aggression, stressful situations and the consequences of special conditions, diseases. Initially, nature laid protective functions that help to cope with all these troubles. If the rabbit's immune system does not cope with the task entrusted to it, it needs help with this. Otherwise, when attacking viruses or infections, the animal's body will not be able to fight the disease in full force, which can lead to death.
Of course, there are vaccines for animals against diseases, but even in the case of vaccination, a weak immune system will not fight off pathogens. Therefore, the health of pets is supported with the help of available means: natural vitamins and immunomodulators.
Strengthening with natural products
Natural sources of vitamins are vegetables, fruits and herbs. In the diet of fluffy animals should be present such products:
- carrots - 270 g,
- cabbage - 250 g,
- beets (feed or sugar) - 250 g,
- radish tops - 20–30 g
- beet tops (sugar silt feed) - 250 g,
- celery, spinach, lettuce - up to 500 g,
- apples, young rhubarb - 70 g,
- branches of fruit trees and shrubs - up to 500 g,
- herbs (dandelion, clover, burdock, plantain, willow-tea) - up to 500 g
Medicines have many properties:
- strengthening the immune system
- restoration of congenital pathologies of the body’s defense system,
- post-vaccination adaptation
- resistance to stress,
- reducing the risk of miscarriage in sukrolnyh females,
- reducing the risk of fetal hypertrophy,
- reducing the risk of stillborn baby rabbits,
- assistance in the stimulation of labor,
- hepatoprotective and detoxification action.
The drug is administered in several ways: subcutaneously, intravenously and into the muscle, added to drink. The dosage for prophylaxis is 0.1 ml per kilogram of weight in the case of an injection, from 0.3 ml to 1 ml per day with watering. The course lasts up to four weeks, but the drug is not given daily, but one–three times a week.One week prior to the expected birth, pregnant females are injected up to 0.05 ml per pound of weight, which helps to ease labor activity.
Newborn weaker rabbits are injected according to this scheme: the first, third, fifth, seventh and twenty-first day after birth, at a dosage of 0.1 ml / kg.
Animals before participation in an exhibition or other event that may be stressful, make one injection at a dose of 0.1 ml / kg immediately before the event. If there are fears that the nervous system of an animal will undergo a strong nervous breakdown, then it is advisable to undergo a small course of injections: eight, six and four days before the day "X". Gamavit has a strong anti-toxic effect, in the treatment of poisoning, the dosage is increased (as far as the veterinarian decides) and is administered intravenously, twice a day for five days.
The tool is injected under the skin or into the muscle in a dosage of 1 ml:
- to prevent stress - twelve hours before the event,
- adaptation after vaccination - the dose is mixed with the vaccine,
- for synchronization of the sexual cycle and the health of the reproductive system - once with an interval of three–four months,
- immunity support and treatment of weakened young - three shots per week,
- treatment of viral infections - every other day, four injections,
- gastrointestinal tract diseases - three injections with an interval per day,
- against the plague - six shots at intervals of a day,
- from intrauterine infections - five shots at intervals of a day.
Katozal, in addition to the listed properties of immunomodulators, has a significant impact on metabolic processes, improving digestion and motility of the intestines of animals. Injections are administered intravenously, intramuscularly or subcutaneously once a day at a dosage of from 0.5 to 2.5 ml, for five days.
For therapeutic purposes, the dose of catosal is halved, if necessary, repeat the course in two weeks. Catosal can be combined with therapeutic drugs that suppress pathogenic microorganisms.
Fosprenil, in addition to injections and oral administration, can be used for washing mucous membranes with infections of the eyes and nose. The dose of the drug is 0.05 cm3 / kg of weight according to this scheme:
- for the prevention of disease - once a day from five to fourteen days,
- post-vaccination adaptation - administered with the vaccine, but in different syringes,
- rabbits for weight gain - along with food for a week,
- for therapeutic purposes, depending on the disease, the course lasts from two weeks to a month.
Possible reaction to the drug - rapid heartbeat, lethargy, fever. The phenomena pass by themselves in a couple of days.
Homeopathic solution for intramuscular or subcutaneous injections. Used to strengthen the immune system, as well as for medicinal purposes in autoimmune diseases, as a prevention of viruses and injections used a course of five to fourteen days, one–twice a day in a dose of 0.1 ml / kg of live weight.
Elvestin is used orally for the prevention of gastrointestinal diseases, during pregnancy, for rabbits on artificial feeding, adaptation after vaccination and deworming. The dose per day with food is 2–3 drops per individual, within two weeks. To summarize: ecology, stress, housing change, diet change, exhibition - all of these factors can weaken the protective functions of the animal. Only the owner and his attention depend on the health, ability to reproduce offspring and the life of the Fuzzies.