A biennial plant of the Umbrella family, is a carrot with pinnately-dissected leaves. It is customary to consider Afghanistan its homeland. At the moment there are about 60 species, differing in color, weight, length, diameter and height.
Initially, people used only the leaves and seeds of this plant. But after disclosing the benefits of carrots and its harm to the body, the root crop itself began to be consumed.
This product is divided into table view and feed. It is customary to eat the first food that can have a positive effect on the body.
Composition and useful properties - 11 advantages
Due to the richness of the composition, the benefit of carrots for the body simply cannot be estimated
- Vitamin A or beta-carotene has a positive effect on all organs and systems of the body. To replenish the daily dose, you need to eat only 2 carrots. And for better assimilation, it is recommended to use this root vegetable with any vegetable oil.
- This product has a tremendous beneficial effect on the eyes, the lack of which can cause night blindness and other problems. If you see poor visibility after dusk, you should pay attention to it and take the necessary measures.
- Boiled carrots are very useful for diabetics.
- Eating a raw product helps to reduce cholesterol levels, thereby providing prevention of CVD diseases. With regular use of carrots, you can reduce the risk of stroke by about 70 percent. When this occurs, stimulation of cerebral circulation.
- The benefits of carrots for the body is great with hypertension, varicose veins and other diseases associated with blood vessels.
- This root is able to reduce the possibility of the appearance of malignant tumors by 40 percent. Even those suffering from this terrible disease have improved after regular consumption of carrots.
- Normal carbohydrate metabolism and the entire process of digestion. It helps in the presence of hemorrhoids and constipation. The presence of a large amount of fiber helps to cope with excess weight, allowing the intestine to be qualitatively emptied, removing all harmful and toxic substances from the body.
- The kidneys with the liver also will say "thank you" for the regular intake of carrots in the body, which helps to renew their cells, due to choleretic and diuretic effects.
- Carrots are an excellent antioxidant that binds free radicals that cause cancer, hypertension, parkinsonism, and so on. Scientists from Japan say with confidence that with regular use of this product, human life is increased by 7 years.
- Carrots are excellent in fighting aging, allowing it to be successfully applied in the cosmetic field. The mask, created on the basis of this root, helps to get rid of wrinkles, preventing their new appearance, giving the skin softness, elasticity and radiance.
- Cooked carrots gruel is able to treat purulent wounds, ulcers and burns, while dulling the pain. Wash the wound can be juice from this product.
For the female body, carrots are also very important, helping to prolong youth. And for this, it is worth it, how to use it inside, and to act externally in the form of cosmetic masks. Diabetics are recommended to heat treat carrots before eating.
Possible harm carrots
Like any product, carrots can cause harm:
- This is possible during an exacerbation of an ulcer with intestinal inflammation,
- When a yellow or orange color appears in the palms after consuming this product, it is necessary to stop eating it or reduce the amount,
- Harm carrots can be found in its excessive use, resulting in the appearance of drowsiness, lethargy, headache and vomiting,
- In the presence of individual intolerance, severe allergic reaction, this product should be excluded from your diet.
A day is recommended to eat no more than 300 grams, and this is up to 4 pieces of medium size.
The benefits and harms of boiled carrots are explained by their ability to provide preventive actions against the development of oncological formations. This is due to the appearance in the process of heat exposure to antioxidants, which prevent the development of this disease.
Also, a boiled root vegetable does not allow to develop many other diseases associated with the cardiovascular system, the central nervous system and the lack of vitamins. Scientists have proven that the assimilation of beta - carotene is better when it comes to eating boiled carrots.
In addition to the benefits of harm from boiled carrots, it is also possible to get. This applies only to diabetics, but they just need to limit its use, having consulted in advance with your doctor.
The benefits and harms of carrot juice are associated with a large amount of beta - carotene, synthesized vitamin A, able to improve eyesight, strengthen the immune system, ensure the strength of bones and teeth and allow the thyroid gland to work normally.
This drink is most recommended for older people to drink, thanks to its excellent ability to cleanse the body of toxins and slags that get inside the body with drugs, various beverages and products stuffed with chemical additives.
Carrot juice is able to put in order the blood composition and pressure, to stabilize the cardiovascular system and blood. And to strengthen the central nervous system is only one glass of carrot juice.
More benefit without harm from carrot juice will be when eating a fresh drink. Do not buy juice in the store - it is useless, because it is made from carrot concentrate.
It is not recommended to drink carrot juice in the presence of gastritis, colitis, diabetes mellitus and ulcers.
Carrots, its benefits and harm to the body also depend on the amount consumed, resulting in many unpleasant symptoms described above, and even body temperature can rise. If you follow all the recommendations, the use of this amazing gift of nature will bring many pleasant moments and fill the body with everything necessary for perfect well-being.
Vitamins contained in carrots
Carrots are an excellent source of large amounts of vitamins and trace elements.
- essential oils,
- B vitamins,
- vitamin d,
- pantothenic and ascorbic acid,
By the content of carotene, it surpasses all vegetables and fruits with the exception of sea buckthorn. It is this element that gives it an orange color. At the same time, it is available at any time of the year at a low cost, which makes carrots an indispensable product on any table.
Carrots also contain high amounts of glucose, which makes it taste so sweet. It also contains starch, pectins, fiber.
The most useful will be a ripe carrot, it contains all the useful substances in the maximum amount.
The benefits of carrots for the body
The peculiarity of carotene in large quantities in carrots is that it is not destroyed by heat treatment. That is, even boiled or fried, carotene is absorbed by the body, where it turns into retinol.
However, to do this, the body must contain at least a small amount of fat, because the vitamins contained in carrots dissolve in it and are absorbed better.
This is not the only useful property of carrots. It is useful to know the following:
- It has been scientifically proven that a large number of useful elements are contained in the peel, therefore it is recommended not to clean it, but thoroughly rinse before use with running water.
- In the composition of carrots a large proportion of water takes, which makes it very useful for the intestines, and this greatly affects the entire work of the whole organism.
- Carrots are indispensable for diets, because any restriction of nutrition leads to a lack of vitamins and trace elements in the body. The orange root vegetable contains them in large quantities and helps to maintain proper and proper functioning of all body systems.
- Regular consumption of carrots helps preserve and even improve vision. The classic manifestation of a lack of vitamin A, which is in the root - the so-called, night blindness, when a person sees poorly in the dark and twilight.
- The substances contained in the root vegetable dissolve stones in the gall bladder.
- It helps strengthen the immune system, making the body more resistant to diseases.
- It has an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect, so it is helpful to eat carrots for ailments, especially in the case of diseases of the stomach. Grated root helps well for burns and purulent wounds.
- A large amount of the product has a laxative effect. This property can be used if it is necessary to clean the intestines from toxins.
- Use as a tonic silt lotion for the face, allows you to refresh the skin and make it soft and silky.
- Carrots are the perfect natural remedy for worms.
- Strengthens intestinal peristalsis.
- Drinking juice helps relieve fatigue, improve appetite and complexion.
Because of this, you can use a vegetable as an additional adjunct in the treatment and prevention of the following diseases:
- cholelithiasis (renews kidney and liver cells),
- myocardial infarction,
- stomatitis and inflammations of the oral cavity (you need to rinse your mouth with diluted carrot juice),
- anemia (due to iron content)
- hypertension (low blood pressure),
- oncology (scientists have proven that regular consumption of the root, reduces the risk of cancer by 40%),
How to maintain the beneficial properties of carrots?
However, it is known that many vitamins are destroyed during heat treatment, for example, if you cook or fry a vegetable. Cellulose at high temperature breaks down into simple sugars, the large consumption of which leads to fullness. Therefore, the preparation of carrots must be approached very carefully. So, it is necessary to shred the carrot just before cooking, as it is peeled it quickly withers.
If you need to keep it for some time, you need to put the root vegetable in a clean dish and cover with a damp cloth. But in this state it should be no more than 2-3 hours.
When cooking, some of the vitamins will collapse, however, in order to better preserve vitamin C, you should put the vegetable directly in boiling water and maintain a uniform boil throughout cooking. The lid of the dish should be closed, and under it should be as little as possible free space.
You can eat and dried carrots. It will no longer contain vitamin C, but will remain: carotene, vitamins of group A, mineral salts.
As for cooking methods, frying has the most beneficial effect on nutrients contained in carrots than cooking. Most microelements die in the process of extinguishing. At the same time, boiled carrots are much calorie fresh.
It is recommended to store the root vegetable in the refrigerator, in a hermetically sealed bag, so that it does not coexist with other vegetables and fruits. Apples, for example, make carrots more bitter in taste.
What is harmful carrots for the human body
Limiting the use of orange root is in several cases:
- during pregnancy - to prevent an excess of vitamin A in the body, which is very toxic in case of overdose,
- in the presence of gastritis, increased acidity of the stomach, colitis,
- in the presence of allergies to vegetables.
Overeating carrots leads to the so-called "carotene jaundice" - the skin becomes orange. However, there is no danger to health, it is enough to stop eating a carrot for a while and everything will pass. Yellowing of the skin is not due to the presence of carotene, but to the fact that slags in the liver and passages begin to dissolve. If there were many of them in the body, then the intestines and kidneys do not cope with the removal of waste and slags leave through the skin. They have an orange or yellow tint.
Drink is only fresh carrot juice. Packaged drink can contain a huge amount of additives, flavors and dyes, destroying all the beneficial properties.
As such, it is not possible for a carrot to harm its body, the main thing is to comply with the measure and not drink more than 2 liters of juice per day. If you want to use a root vegetable in the treatment, you should consult with your doctor.
Excessive consumption of carrot or juice from it can lead to lethargy and drowsiness.
What is useful carrot juice
Doctors usually recommend eating as many onions and garlic as possible for flu or cold because they have an antiseptic effect. However, these products leave a strong smell. It is terrible to imagine what will happen if everyone around during the epidemic follows such recommendations.
Carrot juice has no less beneficial properties, but does not leave behind an unpleasant smell and has a sweet taste. At the same time, it not only increases vitality and strengthens the immune system, but also improves the blood formation process and cleanses the body.
If you regularly drink a glass of carrot juice, you can reduce cholesterol levels and remove heavy metals from the body that adversely affect health.
Carrot juice is especially useful for women, because it accelerates the synthesis of female sex hormones and allows you to stay young and attractive longer. In men, after drinking this drink, the potency improves. Also, representatives of the stronger sex can drink orange juice to relieve tension after a strong physical exertion.
The composition of the root also contains Daucosterol. It is endorphin, which acts on the pleasure center in the brain, making a person contented and happy. Therefore, in the event of a stressful situation, it will not be superfluous to drink a glass of carrot juice.
Simple step-by-step carrot recipes
Presenting a daily ration without carrots is difficult - so tightly has it entered the life of a modern person. Many dishes without this root lose their memorable taste. Culinary experts from around the world recognize carrots as an important element in cooking. From it you can do almost everything - from juice to cake.
Through the use of condiments and additional ingredients, carrot dishes can be completely different. Consider the most simple in terms of cooking:
To prepare this simple, but many favorite salad will need:
- 1 kg of carrots,
- teaspoon table salt,
- tablespoon of sugar
- 50 ml of vegetable oil,
- dry seasoning to taste
- garlic clove,
The cooking process will take no more than 40 minutes. Sequencing:
- Grate carrots on a special grater.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt, pour vinegar, knead the mixture with your hands and leave for 15 minutes to let the vegetable juice out.
- To taste add black and red pepper, mix thoroughly.
- Heat the vegetable oil (you can in the microwave), pour the mixture and mix again.
- Squeeze garlic, add to carrots and leave to stew for at least 12 hours.
Korean carrots perfectly cope with the desire for something sharp. In addition, it is a good side dish to any meat or vegetable dish.
Raw Carrot Salad with Walnuts
To prepare this dish you need to take:
- 1 kg of carrots,
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- a handful of walnuts (you can also use almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts),
- teaspoon olive oil.
Preparation consists of simple steps:
- On a fine or coarse grater (optional), grate the carrots.
- Pour in vegetable oil.
- Grind nuts and fry without oil.
- Add nuts to the salad.
- Heat the honey in a water bath and pour into the mixture.
Simple, but very healthy salad is ready! It can be eaten for breakfast, as well as the salad is perfect for baby food - honey in the composition makes the dish sweet, which kids will surely like.
Cabbage with carrots
The combination of these two vegetables is one of the most affordable. At the same time, dishes that contain carrots and cabbage at the same time are very useful and will perfectly complement any meal. The simplest, but rich in vitamins recipe - cabbage salad with carrots. It is usually served in school canteens.
- a pound of chopped cabbage,
- 1 carrot,
- salt to taste (0.5–1 tsp),
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar (to give a slightly different taste can be used instead of the usual apple or rice),
- 1 tablespoon (no slide) sugar,
- oil to taste (olive, sunflower, linseed, etc.).
- Put the cabbage in an enamel saucepan, add vinegar and salt and set on high heat and heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Grate carrots on a coarse, fine or special grater for Korean carrots.
- Cool the cabbage and add carrots to it.
- Add sugar and vegetable oil, mix.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours, pre-discharge the formed juice.
The dish is ready to serve!
Морковный пирог от Армена Арналя
Немногие знают, как вкусна морковная выпечка. Самое приятное — что ее можно приготовить из простейших ингредиентов. Так, чтобы сделать морковный пирог от Армена Арналя понадобятся только:
- полкило моркови,
- 200 гр. сахара,
- 4 яйца,
- 50 мл оливкового масла,
- 20 гр. разрыхлитель теста,
- пол чайной ложки соли,
- 160 гр. flour.
- Grind carrots in a blender or grate on a fine grater.
- Beat eggs with butter and sugar, add to carrot.
- Knead the dough by adding flour and baking powder.
- Pour the dough into a detachable form covered with baking paper and put in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 50 minutes. Readiness can be checked with a bamboo stick - it should remain dry if the dish is ready.
- Allow to cool the cake and put on plates.
Serve with cream, maple syrup, sour cream, dried fruit and nuts.
This dish is a great solution for a vegetarian table. To cook carrot cutlets will need:
- a pound of carrots,
- 3 onions,
- tablespoon flour,
- 2 tablespoons of semolina,
- salt and spices to taste
- cooking oil for frying.
- Wash and clean the carrots, grate on a fine grater.
- Finely chop the onion and mix with the carrots.
- Add flour, semolina, salt, spices, mix and let stand for half an hour.
- To form small patties, before frying, roll them in semolina - this will prevent them from disintegrating.
- Fry patties in vegetable oil until golden brown appears.
Serve this dish with sour cream, salad.
Carrot and its composition
The edible part of carrots has the following composition per 100 g for different groups of elements.
- Beta-carotene - 12.03 mg,
- A (ER) - retinol and carotene - 2000 µg,
- B1 - thiamine - 0.062 mg,
- B2 - riboflavin - 0.071 mg,
- B5 –Pantothenic acid - 0.3 mg,
- B6 - pyridoxine - 0.1 mg,
- B9 - folic acid - 8.95 µg,
- C - 5.021 mg,
- E (TE) - tocopherol - 0.4 mg,
- H - biotin - 0.062 µg,
- K - phylloquinone - 13.1 µg,
- PP - 1.1 mg.
- Iron - 0.71 g,
- Zinc - 0.4 mg,
- Boron - 200.1 mcg,
- Aluminum - 324 mcg,
- Iodine - 5.21 µg,
- Fluorine - 54 micrograms,
- Copper - 81 micrograms,
- Vanadium - 99.3 mcg
- Selenium - 0.1 µg,
- Manganese - 0.21 µg,
- Chromium - 3.07 mcg
- Nickel - 6,05 mcg,
- Molybdenum - 20.6 mcg,
- Cobalt - 2 mcg,
- Lithium - 6.045 mcg.
- Potassium - 199 mg,
- Chlorine - 63.2 mg,
- Phosphorus - 56 mg,
- Magnesium - 38.1 mg,
- Calcium - 27.5 mg,
- Sodium - 20 mg,
- Sulfur - 6 mg.
- Calorie - 35 kcal,
- Water - 87 g,
- Carbohydrates - 6.8 g,
- Mono - and disaccharides - 6.76 g,
- Dietary fiber - 2.3 g,
- Protein - 1.31 g,
- Ash - 1.03 g,
- Fat - 0.1 g,
- Organic acids - 0.31 g,
- Starch - 0.2 g
One carrot on average weighs 75-85 grams, which means that 2 carrots per day fill the required composition of elements in the human body.
What are the beneficial properties of carrots
Carrots are available all year round, because they have a long shelf life, so its beneficial properties are used year-round.
Hypertensive carrots are useful in helping to lower blood pressure. Also, the use of carrots will benefit from atherosclerosis, varicose veins, strokes and other cardiovascular diseases, because the beta-carotene contained in this plant has a lot of useful properties and has a beneficial effect on the entire body.
Important!To beta-carotene is well absorbed by the body, carrots must be taken with vegetable oil. In a fatty environment, the absorption of useful substances of vegetables occurs best. It is believed that carrots are good for eyes and eyes. This effect is achieved due to the presence in the composition of vitamin A, the lack of which provokes night blindness and other diseases of one of the main human organs.
When eating carrots, normal carbohydrate metabolism. It also helps to normalize digestion in general. Fiber is indispensable in the diet for people suffering from obesity. In addition, carrots help to cope with constipation, hemorrhoids, removes toxins, toxins, heavy metal salts.
Carrots affect the cells of the organs, in particular, the kidney and liver cells are renewed and cleaned. It has choleretic and diuretic properties, so eating a root vegetable is a kind of prevention of cholelithiasis.
The antioxidant properties of vegetables have been studied for a long time and it has been proven that they are capable of binding the codimentative radicals that cause various diseases.
In addition, carrots are used in cosmetology. On its basis, make masks that prevent the appearance of wrinkles and make the skin beautiful and elastic. This plant is also used in the treatment of ulcers, purulent wounds and burns on the skin, as it has a wound-healing effect.
The benefits of raw carrots
It is no secret that raw carrots are especially useful for the body, as a result of which they eat it, simply by peeling it. It is capable of lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood, and its use is also a good prevention of vascular and heart diseases.
If you regularly eat carrots, you can reduce the risk of stroke by 70%. The elements contained in it stimulate the blood circulation of the brain, and for the vessels the potassium present in the vegetable is useful.
Many scientists are inclined to believe that eating carrots, thanks to the beta-carotene contained in it, helps reduce the risk of cancer. Although the root is useful for people already suffering from this disease (able to stop the growth of cancer cells).
Vitamin A and beta-carotene favorably affect the condition of the skin, mucous membranes, teeth, gums.
Why is it so important to drink carrot juice
Carrot juice is very popular due to its usefulness and taste. It contains many vitamins that can strengthen the protective functions of the body, and in the spring season, when it is especially needed, the juice of the orange root crop will help to cope with avitaminosis.
Raw carrot juice has a beneficial effect on the nervous system, making it more stable. Benefit is also observed in digestive disorders, urine-stone diseases and liver diseases.
Nursing mothers can appreciate the benefits of such a liquid, because carrot juice improves the quality of breast milk. In addition, it has external use. It is used for lotions to wounds, burns, ulcers and is recommended for dermatitis and psoriasis, both from the outside and inside.
The use of juice of the specified root is shown to people with an unstable psyche, as its elements help to cope with over-stimulation and negative impressions.
Important!Too large doses of carrot juice can cause drowsiness, lethargy, headache and even an increase in body temperature.
Another property attributed to carrot juice is the ability to produce melanin in the human body, namely, it is responsible for the appearance of a beautiful tan. That is why many women prefer to drink carrot juice before tanning or visiting the beach.
What is the use of boiled carrots
Lots of boiled carrots are helpful. Dietitians recommend people with diabetes mellitus to eat boiled carrots, as it contains 34% more antioxidants than raw.
The calorie content of boiled carrots is only 25 kcal per 100 grams. Boiled root vegetables contain salts of phosphorus, calcium, iron, iodine, volatile production and essential oils.
Boiled carrot puree incorporates phenols that protect the body from many diseases. In the daily diet, it is necessary for people suffering from diabetes, stroke, suffering from hypertension, vitamin deficiency and Alzheimer's disease.
Nevertheless, boiled carrots can bring not only benefit, but also harm, however, as well as the product in its raw form. So, It is contraindicated to use for all such problems: exacerbations of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, with the manifestation of external changes in the form of a change in skin color.
However, as soon as all this passes, it is recommended to eat carrots, as it is a source of so many useful substances.
The benefits of carrots for men and women
Quite a few people are worried about the question: “Are carrots equally useful for men and women?”. Some experts are inclined to believe that gender does not matter, others, on the contrary, consider this criterion to be quite important. But where is the truth? Let's figure it out.
Carrots for men
Carrots have a beneficial effect on the potency of men. Its use is a preventive measure of the occurrence of various diseases of the urinary-genital system, and regular use for the preparation of various dishes increases the level of male power.
In addition, this root vegetable helps replenish the reserves of potassium in the body.
Carrot juice is recommended to take after heavy physical exertion. It helps to bring muscles in tone, relieves fatigue, eliminates pain.
Carrots for women
For women, carrots are also helpful. It is known that the female body is aging faster than the male one, and the signs of this process are faster manifested externally. In this case, carrots can be used as a cosmetic.
Vegetable juice masks hide pigmentation, make skin velvety, remove mimic wrinkles. Eating carrots helps to rejuvenate at the cellular level.
In the fight against cellulite, delivering so much concern to the female sex, carrots will also have a beneficial effect. Many diets include this low-calorie product. But, despite the low calorie content, carrots are a nutritious product.
It is allowed to periodically arrange unloading carrot days. Thanks to them, the intestines are cleaned without various unpleasant manipulations.
Special attention deserves the benefits of carrots for the female body during pregnancy. Folic acid contained in the root, must necessarily be ingested when planning a pregnancy, even before conception.
Its deficiency can provoke improper development of the fetus and even miscarriage. The vitamins and trace elements contained in carrots are also important for the mother's body.
Carrot juice has a slight calming effect on the body, helps to relax, sleep and rest.
Is carrot tops useful and how to apply it
Many gardeners do not use the top of the plant, but simply cut and throw it away. They do it in vain, because carrot tops also have healing properties and are used in cooking.
In India, carrot tops are added to soups and other dishes. You can add it to salads, potato and carrot casseroles, make stuffing for pancakes and pies out of it, decorate dishes. Dried carrot tops brewed as tea.
Did you know?Fresh carrot tops have a bitter taste, so before eating it is recommended to dip in boiling water for 15 minutes. To understand the usefulness of the tops of carrots, it is enough to know that it contains vitamin C, and there it is much more than the same amount of lemon. It also contains potassium, calcium and chlorophyll. The latter strengthens bones and muscles, cleanses the blood, adrenal glands and lymph nodes from toxic poisons.
The carrot leaf contains also a very rare vitamin K, which is not present in the composition of the root of this plant. It lowers blood pressure, normalizes metabolism, and regular intake of vitamin K is the prevention of heart disease and osteoporosis.
Topper tea used as a diuretic in the treatment of renal diseases and in the fight against edema. Decoction of the topsIn folk medicine, used during childbirth to stimulate the uterus.
Also, scientists have found that the carrot leaf contains selenium, which is not in the root. Selenium is an excellent prevention of cancer, strengthens the immune system. When used with carrots, it will be absorbed better than with tablets.
Carrot has both useful properties and contraindications:
- allergic reaction in contact with human skin, rashes and irritation may occur,
- exacerbation of duodenal ulcer,
- aggravation of stomach ulcers,
- inflammation of the colon and small intestine.
Did you know?In the ground part of the plant contains furocoumarins, which can cause an allergic reaction after contact with human skin. At the same time, when taken orally, furocoumarins are absolutely harmless.
Can carrots harm the body, understand the nuances
The benefits of carrots for the human body is extremely great, and we already found out. However, there are nuances, according to which, carrots can be harmful to health. So, with excessive use of this root, human skin may turn yellow and if this happens, it is urgent to reduce the amount of carrots consumed.
Such an external reaction indicates that the body can not cope with the processing of excess vitamin A and carotene. Most often, this happens with children, as their liver still does not cope with the processing of these elements in full.
Among the contraindications to the use of carrots are listed and the state of gastritis with high acidity, exacerbation of gastric ulcers, duodenal and small intestine.
Of course, carrots have many advantages and its useful properties are proven in practice, but in all it is worth having a sense of proportion. In pursuit of the desire to get the maximum of vitamins and other nutrients, you can worsen your health and general condition of the body.
It is also important to remember that the beneficial "carrot" substances will be well absorbed only if they come with vegetable fats.
Useful composition of carrots
A fresh vegetable contains a whole range of nutrients that are necessary for the full operation of the body, namely:
- Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, B12, D, C, E, PP.
- Macronutrients: chlorine, magnesium, sodium, potassium. This also includes phosphorus, calcium, sulfur.
- Trace elements: cobalt, molybdenum, selenium, chromium, fluorine, manganese, iodine, copper. In addition, phosphorus, calcium, lithium, nickel, aluminum, boron are present in carrots in sufficient quantities.
No product incorporates such an amount. vitamin alike carrots. The beta carotene contained in it, entering the body, synthesizes this useful element. 100 g of carrots contain 0.05 mg of B vitamins, which increase hemoglobin. Vitamins D2 and D3 are especially important for children, since the lack of these substances is manifested in them in the form of rickets. Vitamin K improves blood clotting, C and E slow down the aging process.
Potassium is essential for proper cardiovascular function. This element is present in large quantities in carrots. Chlorine contained in it is necessary for the regulation of water-salt balance, and phosphorus and potassium strengthen bones and teeth. The vegetable contains fluoride, which is responsible for the functioning of the thyroid gland, and there is also selenium, which helps preserve youth and strengthen the immune system.
The composition of carrots includes cellulose, which helps reduce fat and regulates the level of glucose in the blood, as well as water, starch, organic acids, ash and monosaccharides. Anthocyanidins and bioflavonoids give a rich bright color to vegetables.
Part of the plant above the ground, referred to as tops, is usually discarded. But there are no less useful components in it than in the fruit itself, and even more. It contains beta-carotene and calcium, which are necessary for good vision, as well as blood purifying proteins.
Carrot use does not decrease after heat treatment, on the contrary, it gives the vegetable new unique properties. Beta-carotene remains at the same level, the B vitamins are present in the original amount. Under the influence of high temperature, proteins and lipids decrease, less dietary fiber becomes. However, the vegetable after cooking is well absorbed by the body, improves the bowels, strengthens the immune system, and also strengthens the appetite.
Fresh carrots are low in calories and are considered an indispensable product for weight loss. Vegetable is included in the menu of all fitness diets. Caloric value of 100 g of root is 35-40 kcal. The product contains 6.9 g of carbohydrates, 1.3 g of proteins, and fat only 0.1 g.
Useful properties of carrots
Surely, many people know about the benefits of carrots for sight. And that's not all the healing properties that it possesses. Due to its unique composition, the product has a beneficial and beneficial effect on the entire human body, namely:
- resists viruses and infections
- plays a large role in the development and growth of the baby in the womb,
- restores intestinal microflora, eliminates dysbiosis,
- removes from the body reactive substances that damage its cells,
- positive effect on the potency in men,
- normalizes the digestive tract,
- prevents the development of vascular diseases
- cleanses the body of harmful wastes and salts of heavy metals,
- has a healing effect
- reduces pain when wounds, burns, ulcers,
- reduces the risk of developing cancer,
- protects the kidneys and gallbladder from the formation of stones.
Carrots are widely used not only in traditional medicine, but also in cosmetology. Vegetable gives the skin a healthy look, makes it supple, and hair shiny and strong. He also helps to keep a tan. Therefore, before sunbathing, it is advised to eat 1-2 root vegetables.
Who is recommended product
Carrots are considered an important product in the menu of any person. Its root vegetables are especially useful for:
- Pregnant and lactating women.
- People of old age.
The latter should not be afraid to use the product, because it belongs to vegetables with low allergic properties, and its regular inclusion in the diet minimizes the risk of sepsis after birth.
Vegetable is perfect as a prophylactic agent for various diseases. Carrot juice is advised to drink when overexcited and people with an unstable psyche, as well as those who have high blood cholesterol. Учёные из Франции даже обнаружили его благоприятное действие при туберкулёзе лёгких.
Также советуют есть овощ людям, страдающим следующими патологиями:
- constipation and digestive disorders,
- myocardial infarction,
Vitamin A is important for the health of the female ovaries. Therefore, carrots are advised to include in your diet for infertility and diseases of the genital organs. Vegetable tops should be eaten by people with high blood pressure. Fresh carrot juice treats thrush in children, lubricating their mouth.
Preparations based on carrot seeds
There are medicines that are made on the basis of carrot seeds. These include:
The tool is composed of wild carrot seeds. It is prescribed for urolithiasis and inflammation of the urinary tract. The drug is produced in the form of capsules. It is contraindicated to take children, pregnant and lactating, as well as persons suffering from gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer.
The drug is prescribed for coronary insufficiency and atherosclerosis. It is also prepared by their carrot seeds. Tablets are a natural drug, so they have no serious contraindications.
Botanical characteristics of carrots
The unique vegetable belongs to the celery family. Its roots go down to the ground at 1.5 -2 meters, most of them are located at a depth of 60 cm. The root mass reaches over 200 g, and the length reaches 30 cm. The root crop has a thin skin that is very rich in nutrients. The closer to her, the more vitamins. The leaves of the plant are triangular in shape, with cuts, located on long petioles.
In dry conditions, the plant quickly fades, is subject to disease. Terms of harvesting depend on the preparation of seeds for sowing, planting methods, planting depth and climatic conditions of the region. Vegetable is spread all over the world. Wild carrots are found in China and Africa, Sweden and on the dry slopes of Russia.
Storage and purchase of carrots
For storing carrots, the tops are cut so that the vegetable does not squander its nutrients. It is better to keep the product on the balcony in the drawer. Some housewives rub the grated carrots and then put them in a bag and put them in the freezer, but not all varieties can be stored for a long time. Juice is recommended to use immediately after receiving. All vitamins are stored in it for an hour after preparation. If you freeze the drink, then after defrosting it contains useful items for another half an hour.
It is better to buy small carrots. Large fruits contain a lot of nitrates, which act detrimental to the human body. Vegetables are advised to heat treat before consumption.
Reviews and opinions of doctors
According to numerous reviews, carrot tops are actively used for the treatment and prevention of many diseases. These include hemorrhoids and thrombosis. Botvia is considered one of the safest and cheapest remedies in the fight against these diseases. Many women tried dried carrot tea to get rid of varicose veins and were pleasantly surprised that the vein mesh had disappeared.
Often, juice is prescribed to patients who have suffered a heart attack. Doctors warn that to get involved in this drink is not worth it. The amount of carrot juice should not exceed 2 cups per day.
After examining the beneficial and harmful properties of carrots, we can draw the following conclusions:
- Heat treatment has little effect on the unique composition of the product.
- Carrots have a beneficial effect not only on the condition of the eyes, but also on all human organs.
- You should carefully consider the contraindications before including carrots and its juice in your diet. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Those who regularly use the vegetable as food talk about its healing properties, which helped to get rid of serious pathologies.
Carrots are one of the popular products in the preparation of various dishes, as well as a valuable tool that is actively used in traditional medicine. If you make this vegetable a frequent guest on the table, you can forget about many health problems.
Useful properties of chard. Application, recipes, photos
Savory: description, application, properties, photos
Cauliflower benefit and harm, calorie, photo, application
The benefits and harm of chilli peppers. Description, composition, use, photo
Eggplant: useful properties, calorie, photo. Application, Recipes
Useful properties of zucchini. Composition, calorie, photo
Chayot cucumber. Useful properties, description, application, photo
Artichoke: beneficial properties, harm and contraindications. Application, photo
"Drink carrot juice!" - called the hare in one of the series of the cartoon "Well, wait!", And was right. The publication is devoted to such a product as carrots. The benefits and harms of the vegetable, its nutritional properties, application in traditional medicine - read on all this further.
And what is this vegetable?
Carrots are a genus of plants, belong to the umbrella family, and unite many varieties or varieties. This is a biennial - in the first year a juicy root crop grows, and in the second a seed ripens. The homeland of carrots is considered the Mediterranean, and some sources also mention Asia, Afghanistan. Initially, the color of the root was black and dark brown, it was used only for medicinal purposes. However, later - in the 18th century, thanks to French breeders, yellow and orange varieties were bred. Interestingly, the Germans used to thoroughly roast and grind carrots to make a drink for her soldiers, or the so-called "army coffee." The history of the vegetable has more than 4 thousand years, it was used in ancient Rome and in Russia. It is known that pies filled with carrots were often served at the royal table. Today this most useful root crop is known everywhere. Such a vegetable is a carrot. The benefits and harms of it are known to many. More about the good and not very sides of the root is described below.
Composition and nutritional value
And so, what is interesting carrot? Useful properties and contraindications of a product are caused by the connections which are its part. This root vegetable is one of the richest sources of beta-carotene. It also has a unique combination of phytonutrients and other carotenoids, as well as anthocyanins, falkarinol, potassium, vitamins B6, B1, B2, A, K, E, folate, niacin, phosphorus, molybdenum and manganese. Alkaline elements are also present in carrots, which purify and heal the blood, maintaining the acid-base balance in the body. Few people know that this bright root vegetable contains calcium, which is necessary for strong and healthy bones, especially in children and women. In addition, carrots are a good remedy for constipation and heartburn, its use contributes to weight loss and does not increase blood sugar levels. Agree, sometimes you want to crunch a slice of sweet carrot. Or eat some salad that contains this root vegetable. The use of fresh carrots, of course, is indisputable, but is boiled root vegetable also useful? Read about it further.
The benefits of boiled carrots
In many recipes there is an ingredient such as boiled carrots. Its benefits and harms are explained by several factors. Let's start with the good. Who would have thought that regular consumption of boiled carrots is an excellent prevention of cancer? And this is due to the fact that the heat treatment of root crops contributes to the formation of antioxidants in them, preventing the development of tumors. Phenols contained in boiled carrots also have a certain value for our health, preventing many diseases. It should be present on the table of each person. The benefits of boiled carrots are great for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, vitamin deficiency, and nervous disorders. Cooking a vegetable can be in different ways: boil it in water, steamed, bake in the oven. Also, studies have shown that beta-carotene is better absorbed from cooked carrots.
A spit on the street ...
The benefits of carrots for the body is invaluable. Carotenoids, vitamins and other substances make the presence of this vegetable on the table mandatory. The benefits of carrot tops are also relevant, as are the benefits of its root crops, and in some things are even one step ahead. For example, in stems there is more ascorbic and folic acid, there are enough such elements as iron, magnesium, iodine. It is not surprising that our great-great-grandmothers cooked food from carrots tops. How can I use the aboveground part of the vegetable in cooking? Here are the options:
- pickles for canning,
- adding to salads, soups and vegetable casseroles,
- cooking soup,
- tea from tops.
Decoction of carrot leaves is also used in the treatment of many diseases - hemorrhoids, cystitis, various bleeding, urolithiasis, polyarthritis, skin irritations and dermatitis.
Use in traditional medicine
Carrots have excellent healing properties. Raw and boiled, it can be applied to wounds, cuts and inflammations for their quick healing. Carrots contain many nutrients and antioxidants, including vitamin C. It helps strengthen the immune system. The root crop is rich in vitamin A, which helps the liver in leaching toxins from the body and accumulating bile and fat in it. Vegetable fibers clean the intestines, eliminating waste. Vitamin A protects the cells of the tissues lining the respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, and urinary organs.
Carrots for the heart
Vegetable contains antioxidants and other substances that create a natural defense for the heart. Studies have shown that regular consumption of foods high in carotenoids reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. In addition to beta-carotene, carrots also contain alpha-carotene and lutein, and its soluble fiber absorbs cholesterol and bile acids, preventing them from being absorbed into the blood. A high potassium content in carrots helps control blood pressure. According to a study conducted at Harvard University, it was found that people who eat at least six carrots a week are less likely to suffer from strokes compared to those who eat less than two vegetables in the same period of time.
Scientists have shown that the presence of carrots in the daily diet can reduce the risk of cancer of the lung, breast and colon. This is due to the content in the vegetable compound falkarinola, which has not only anti-tumor, but also anti-fungal properties. Thus, carrots have anticarcinogenic properties that suppress the growth of cancer cells and support the health of the lower parts of the digestive tract.
Carrots for women
Carrot juice is very good for women. Phytoestrogens of the product help ease menstrual cramps, normalize heavy bleeding on critical days. The root crop is also useful in the postmenopausal period, helping to reduce the frequency of hot flashes and eliminate other symptoms of menopause.
The body of a pregnant woman needs constant intake of vitamins and nutrients. Food supplements alone are not enough. The diet should contain fresh fruits and vegetables, including raw carrots. Benefit and harm: what does a root crop bring to pregnant women? Of course, favor. Eating carrots helps the proper development of the fetus, reduces the risk of miscarriage and intrauterine infection, and also contributes to the production of breast milk during the feeding period. The main thing is not to eat too much vegetable, one carrot or one third of a glass of juice is enough.
And when can a carrot be harmful? Contraindications to its use are based on individual allergic reactions. It is also not recommended to eat a lot of carrots for stomach ulcers, gastritis, intestinal pathologies. Harm carrots can occur when consuming a large amount of its juice. At the same time, fatigue, drowsiness, nausea and even headache are observed. In addition, the liver can not cope with the flow of excess carotene into the body, which is reflected in the appearance of a yellowish tinge of the skin.
Carrots and beauty
This is a wonderful product for the skin, because the abundant amount of vitamins A, C and antioxidants protects it from various problems and is maintained in a healthy state. Eating carrots inside refreshes the complexion. An example of external use is the preparation of inexpensive and simple face masks. All you need to do is mix grated carrots with honey and apply the mixture on the skin to make it fresh, radiant and brighten the pigment spots.
In order to get rid of scars and uneven complexion, drink carrot juice. Vitamin C, which is contained in vegetables, contributes to the production of collagen in the body, prevents the appearance of wrinkles and slows down the aging process. Vitamin A, being an antioxidant, attacks free radicals, thereby enhancing the effect of vitamin C.
In addition, carrot antioxidants and carotenoids provide UV protection and help regenerate the skin. In fact, the use of carrot juice in the summer period is considered a natural sun barrier. A deficiency of potassium can lead to dry skin. Carrots are rich in this element, so its use can keep the skin hydrated. The composition of carrots gives it properties that are useful in the prevention and treatment of various skin diseases. Antioxidants root vegetables are effective against acne, dermatitis and other skin problems caused by vitamin A deficiency. However, keep in mind that you can not eat carrots in too large quantities, as this can lead to a yellowish skin tone.
Beta-carotene of carrots, getting into the liver, is converted into vitamin A. The latter, in turn, in the retina of the eye, together with the protein opsin, forms the visual purple pigment rhodopsin, which is necessary for good vision in the dark. Thus, beta-carotene improves night vision, and in addition protects against glaucoma, macular degeneration and senile cataracts. In addition, scientific studies have shown that eating carrots reduces the risk of macular degeneration of the retina (germination of blood vessels into it) twice.
Strong teeth and thick hair
Root vitamins stimulate hair growth, make them thicker and stronger. Therefore, if you want to have beautiful shiny curls, every day, drink at least a third of a glass of carrot juice. It helps to improve blood circulation in the scalp, and also prevents the premature appearance of gray hair. Carrots are recommended to eat after meals to get rid of food particles and plaque. It is good for healthy teeth and whole mouth. Carrots stimulate blood circulation in the gums and promotes the production of saliva, which maintains acid-base balance. Minerals present in carrots, help in the prevention of caries and the destruction of bacteria.
Carrots are considered the most popular root vegetable eaten. On the basis of raw and boiled carrots prepare salads, second and first courses, snacks. Vegetable is successfully combined with other types of products, even carrot tops are taken as food. Interestingly, it accumulates several times more vitamin C than red currants or citrus. But, not to be unfounded, consider the beneficial and harmful qualities of carrots in order.
When it comes to the benefits and harm, it makes sense to build on the chemical composition of a product. In our case, carrots. It accumulates many valuable substances such as ash, di- and polysaccharides, starch, water, dietary fiber, organic acids and essential oils.
The root crop is not deprived of amino acids, they are in excess in the vegetable. And not all of these substances can be produced independently in the body. They must come with food.
Among the most valuable amino acids emit leucine, arginine, lysine, histidine, valine, threonine, methionine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, cysteine, tyrosine, tryptophan and others.
Also, the root vegetable includes amino acids that are difficult to replace. These include glycine, aspartic acid, cysteine, tyrosine, serine, glutamic acid, proline, alanine.
In portions weighing 100 grams. only 41 Kcal are concentrated. The calorie content of boiled carrots is 2 times less, it is equal to 22 Kcal. From volume weighing 100 grams. 87 gr. takes water, which is why the root is so juicy and healthy.
Experts in the field of nutrition claim that boiled carrots are much more useful than raw ones. It is absorbed faster and at the same time after heat treatment, most of the vitamins are preserved. Boiled root vegetable concentrates 3 times more antioxidant substances.
Carrots - this is truly a record for the accumulation of V-carotene. Already 8.3 mg is given per 100-gram portion. this substance. Beta-carotene is necessary for people with poor eyesight and those at risk of developing cataracts.
In addition to this compound, the root vegetable is rich in ascorbic acid, tocopherol, vitamin PP, choline, retinol, riboflavin, pyridoxine, pantothenic acid, thiamine and other beneficial vitamins.
Если говорить о минеральных веществах, а точнее микро- и макроэлементах, в моркови они также скапливаются в большой объёме. Так, стоит выделить йод, фтор, натрий, кальций, цинк, фосфор, марганец, калий, селен, магний, медь и железо.
польза и вред красного перца
- Прежде всего, следует выделить незаменимость моркови для здоровья глаз. People with fallen eyesight know firsthand how important beta-carotene is. There is a lot of it in carrots, so experts advise to eat the root crop in any form to such categories of persons. Vitamin A also affects eyesight, it reinforces the effect of B-carotene.
- An invaluable vegetable for people prone to heart and vascular diseases. As a part of a root crop it is a lot of potassium and magnesium, these mineral elements clear vessels, strengthen blood circulation, remove harmful cholesterol.
- The systematic intake of carrots reduces the likelihood of stroke, myocardial infarction, coronary heart disease and other pathologies by as much as 60%. Carrots are especially useful for men aged 45+ who are at risk.
- The product stimulates the neurons of the brain, improving concentration and memory. These same properties of carrots relieve chronic fatigue syndrome, depressive disorders, sleep problems.
- Carrots in boiled or raw form is recommended for people who are faced with a disorder of the digestive system. The product increases peristalsis and intestinal microflora, enhances the absorption of food and prevents its fermentation in the esophagus. Along with this, purification from slags and toxic substances is carried out.
- Boiled carrots are much more useful for cleansing the body than raw. It focuses on 33% more antioxidant substances. Therefore, such a root vegetable, when taken with vegetable oil, frees the internal organs from poisons, radionuclides, and salts of heavy metals.
- Vegetable is recommended for people with diabetes. This is made possible by controlling carbohydrate balance, as well as reducing blood sugar levels. Diabetics should consume boiled carrots.
- Vegetable is included in the diet of people with high arterial and intracranial pressure. Root crop has a diuretic effect, reduces the frequency of migraines and headaches, lowers blood pressure in the arteries. Thanks to the ability to remove cholesterol, atherosclerosis is excellent prevention.
- A lot of research has been done using carrots. It has been proven the use of vegetables in the fight against colon cancer and other organs of the digestive system. Carrot blocks the supply of oxygen and blood to the tumor cells, it simply begins to dissolve.
- As part of the root is fiber and other dietary fiber, normalizing the processes of digestion. Vegetable helps to cope with hemorrhoids and constipation (including chronic). Carrot regulates carbohydrate metabolism, transforming sugars into energy, not fat reserves.
- The use of carrots for liver and kidney health is invaluable. With systematic consumption, sand and small formations are removed from the organs of the urinary system. In view of the choleretic effect, the liver is cleaned and its work is facilitated.
- Carrot juice is essential for maintaining healthy skin and hair. It can be applied externally or taken internally. Gruel based on the root, applied to the wound or abrasion, will enhance tissue regeneration and promote rapid healing.
The benefits and harm of carrots for children
- The product contains a variety of substances that contribute to the full growth of the child. The pediatric nervous system develops in accordance with the age, the probability of deviations decreases.
- Useful carrots to improve vision and its prevention in the future. In the juice of a vegetable there are many acids that irritate the gastric mucosa.
- The root crop is recommended to enter into the diet of a baby who is already one year old. Moreover, the procedure should be under close supervision. First, the vegetable is given in boiled form in the form of mashed potatoes.
- As for the other most valuable properties, carrots normalize the stool of the child, enhances brain activity, promotes good sleep, increases attention and concentration.
good and harm radishes
The benefits of carrot tops
- The plant is famous for its high content of ascorbic acid, folic acid and potassium. Many people do not attach much importance to such greens and simply get rid of it. Regular intake of raw materials will significantly improve the health and improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
- Carrot tops manifested itself in the treatment of varicose veins. Raw materials prevents the development of hemorrhoids. Plant is no less useful for maintaining the health of the optic nerves. Raw materials can be added to various salads to give a specific taste.
- Plant has a significant amount of beneficial enzymes that are not in the root. Greens have the same beneficial qualities as parsley or green onions. The tops can be brewed with tea. This drink will help strengthen the immune system and cope with viral infections.
The benefits of boiled carrots
- At the moment, there are disputes that a boiled root vegetable is much more useful than a raw one. Therefore, to give a definite answer will not work. However, the essential aspect is not left unattended. During heat treatment in carrots vitamins are destroyed.
- But there is a plus boiled carrots before fresh. In the first case, the antioxidant properties of the root crop are increased by an order of magnitude. Such a product is unsuitable for improving human vitality. Consume a root vegetable based on your preferences.
- Boiled carrots are often used for weight loss. Root crop fits perfectly into the diet of proper nutrition. Regular reception of a boiled product along with other healthy vegetables will help you to easily say goodbye to unwanted kilograms.
Video: unique carrot secrets
You should choose only the fruits that do not have damage and cracks on the surface of the root of bright color.
The shape of the vegetable is also important - the carrot should be of medium size with a thin, almost sharp tip.
The most delicious and juicy carrot - when it is young and recently dug out of the ground, with a small presence of earth or sand. If the carrots are washed in production, it will not be stored for a long time (the protective layer is washed off).
If the vegetable is soft and flabby - the purchase should be abandoned.
Well, if you manage to get carrots with tops - its fresh state will indicate to you when the carrots are removed from the ground.
4 tips for proper storage not only of carrots, but of all vegetables:
- The main thing that the vegetable does not wilted,
- Not sprouted,
- Not rotted and not covered with mold,
- Has not lost its useful and nutritious, taste.
To keep the root vegetable as long as possible, it is not recommended to wash it for storage. Dry thoroughly from damp ground and store in a container or wooden box with holes for ventilation. With this method of storage in a dark and cool place intact fruits of carrots can lie until spring.
To fill the necessary daily intake of vitamin A for an adult will be enough 50 grams. fresh carrots per day. And this is about 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable salad or a portion of vegetable stew.
If you exceed this volume of the product, or consume carrots in large quantities, then after a while you may be surprised to see that your skin will begin to acquire a yellow tint. This symptom suggests that the liver simply does not cope with beta-carotene entering the body. It is enough to take a short break so that everything returns to normal.
Remember that a fresh carrot is considered not only one of the most accessible frequent products on our table, but also very useful for the body. The product has practically no contraindications for use, is very tasty and will greatly help to diversify the daily menu.
General use of root vegetables
The fruits of carrots have been used in the canning and alcoholic beverage industry as an effective flavoring, spices, seasonings and spices. Seeds are added to savory marinades or spicy mixtures when preparing fish.
But the most widely used in cooking are juicy roots, from which the valuable substance carotene and carrot juice are obtained. Carrots are used in food both in fresh and boiled form. Her marinated with salt and a special set of spices, getting a savory and spicy snack, known as Korean carrots.
Fruits of carrots can be found in the recipes of the first and second courses (all types of broth, ear, soup, borsch, cabbage soup, soup, pilaf, stew, roast, fish in tomato sauce, aspic, jellied), hot and cold snacks (salads, vegetable caviar , pickled and salted vegetables), make candied fruits and surprisingly useful mashed potatoes, approved by nutritionists for children's diets.
As practice shows, bright orange varieties of carrots bring the maximum benefit to human health, since they contain a large amount of valuable beta-carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant. In addition to domestic use, vegetable is indispensable in home cosmetology. The addition of fresh mashed potatoes and carrot juice to masks, lotions and balms helps to diversify the care of the skin of the face and body, hair and nail plates.
The benefits and calorie carrots
All the medicinal properties of carrots, due to the biologically active compounds present in the composition of the roots, are well studied and are actively used both in dietology and cooking, and in traditional medicine.
The content of carotene carrot is second only to the fruits of sweet (Bulgarian) pepper. In 100 g of raw fruit, up to 9 g of carotene is present. Therefore, the juice from the roots, as well as the vegetable itself, is recommended for all patients suffering from vitamin A deficiency.
In addition to carotenoids, which are synthesized in the body in retinol (vitamin A), the fruits include: vitamins (C, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, PP, K), proteins, organic acids, natural sugars, dietary fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and a whole complex of trace elements. Fats in the product are represented by a small amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids (0.2 g / 100 g).
Medicinal properties of carrots and its use in medicine
All phytonutrients of carrots are in a bioavailable form, therefore the product is quickly absorbed by the body. Clinical studies have confirmed antiseptic, analgesic, reparative, wound healing, mild laxatives, diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties of root crops.
Wild carrot, whose useful properties include anti-parasitic, laxative and cleansing, is used in folk medicine for removing worms, radionuclides and toxic substances.
As with other vegetables, the benefits of fresh carrots are in the presence of the maximum amount of vitamins. However, after heat treatment, despite the partial destruction of vitamins, the amount of antioxidants increases.
Therefore, it is recommended to use boiled vegetables daily for dysbacteriosis, nephritis, neoplasms, including malignant ones, as well as for the prevention of Alzheimet’s disease and cardiovascular pathologies (atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke, IHD, etc.).
Dietitians recommend treatment with pure carrot juice or in combination with other fruit fresh juices for patients with diseases caused by impaired mineral metabolism. In particular, carrots have a positive effect on cholelithiasis and metabolic polyarthritis.
The product is indispensable in the diet of pregnant women, nursing mothers, babies and children of all ages. Cardiologists claim that taking juice in the first few days after suffering a myocardial infarction has a significant impact on the patient's recovery.
Fresh carrot fresh is prescribed to those who suffer from anemia, hypoacid gastritis, diseases of the organs of vision (conjunctival pathology and cornea). Nutritionists advise to include in the treatment-and-prophylactic nutrition carrots in osteochondrosis, arthritis, urolithiasis, pathologies of the kidneys and the gastrointestinal tract.
Contraindications and harm
However, in the diagnosis of enteritis and peptic ulcer in the acute stage, fresh marc, like the root crop itself, is contraindicated, but it is quite acceptable and even useful to use dishes from boiled carrots, the use of which is much greater in some situations.
Vegetable is not eaten by those who are allergic to it. The product is not included in the diet in a fresh form with inflammation of the small intestine, exacerbation of pancreatitis. Abuse of carrots and its juice can cause indigestion, carotene jaundice, which is manifested by the appearance of ugly yellow spots on the face and body.