Curly garden strawberries can act as a fruit and ornamental plants. With the help of such strawberries you can get a rich harvest. and at the same time it is rather unusual to decorate a plot, a greenhouse, or even a room in an apartment.
Distinctive features of curling strawberries
In relation to other types of strawberries, climbing varieties have a number of distinctive qualities.:
- numerous mustaches fall down. They can also be mounted on a vertical structure,
- berries are formed not only on peduncles, but also on the mustache, so you can harvest a very good crop,
- most varieties of this kind remontant,
- growing frivolous varieties is much easier. She does not need frequent weeding, during the collection of berries will not have to constantly bend down,
- the disadvantages of the form include the need for frequent watering and difficult preparation for winter.
Curly garden strawberries are a real find for those who want to make their garden not only productive, but also beautiful.
This variety brings harvest throughout the season, starting in June and ending in October. Average, from one bush of Queen Elizabeth you can get 2 kilograms of juicy berries cone-shaped with delicate pulp. The fruits are universal in use.
The early ripe grade steady against returnable frosts. From one plant collect 1.2-1.5 kilograms of fruit. Alba berries have an elongated cone-shaped, juicy and dense flesh. Suitable for any kind of use, do not deteriorate during transportation.
With the right farming techniques from such a plant, you can get an early harvest of very tasty, sour-sweet berries of medium size. Fruits are colored rich red. Feature varieties are long flower stalkswhich greatly simplify harvesting.
How to plant curling strawberries? There are many ways of planting climbing strawberries, each gardener can choose the option that is most suitable for him:
- Planting strawberries in pots or pots. This design looks especially beautiful during flowering and fruiting. For the plant to feel comfortable, the diameter of the tank must be at least 30 centimeters. Also, the presence of drainage holes,
- To create an unusual fence of berries, the bushes are planted in open ground, after which a grid, grid or braid with a height of not more than 1 meter are installed nearby. The mustache of the plants is tied to the vertical surface, thus creating a hedge effect,
- The most common way resembles a pyramid. They take three boxes with a height of 30 centimeters with different sizes (100x100, 60x60 and 20x20) and put them on top of each other. On the beds in the two lower boxes, 4 bushes are placed, and in the upper one only.
The first stage of planting will be the preparation of a soil mixture consisting of:
- 2 parts compost,
- 2 parts of meadow land,
- 1st of peat,
- 1st part of rotted manure.
Regardless of the pattern of landing, you should follow the basic rules.:
- distance between bushes must be at least 25-30 centimeters,
- heart must be above ground level,
- after landing the land is watered and mulched.
Curly strawberries can be the pearl of any garden, and the competent arrangement of such a plant can always attract attention.
Proper care and growing features
Care for curly strawberries is quite simple. It includes watering, feeding, pruning, winterizing and other work.
Unlike other varieties, this garden strawberry does not need frequent weeding, but still this procedure is necessary, so the land around the plant is regularly cleaned of weeds.Strawberries are planted at the end of July or in August.
During the week after planting, the seedlings are watered very often, 2-3 times per day, using a small amount of water. Older plants are watered once every 3-4 days.in the case of too hot and hot weather, the amount of moisture introduced must be increased. After watering the land around the strawberry is recommended to mulch.
Feed bushes often enough. Every two weeks, make a liquid mixture of organic and mineral fertilizers.
Curly strawberries need a lot of nutrients. This is due to its abundant and ubiquitous fruiting.