To obtain a good harvest of the vineyard, it is necessary to fertilize it, feed it, carry out preventive measures of protection against diseases. All this must be done competently. Effectively growers use iron vitriol.
To care for the vineyards, farmers need supplements and means of protection from disease.
The value of iron sulfate for grapes in autumn
In the fall and spring, experienced winegrowers use iron sulphate to treat bushes.
It is used as protection, prevention and treatment of certain fungal diseases and as fertilizer. Iron sulfate contains the necessary amount of iron for the plant. This is the most profitable tool.
Determine iron deficiency in grapes can be on the following grounds:
- The young leaves of grapes whiten and crumble;
- Shoots do not develop well
- Grape clusters do not develop even under comfortable weather conditions.
Processing grapes with iron sulfate, two effects are achieved:
- prevention and treatment of fungal diseases,
- root system fertilizer.
- vitriol is processed grapes in order to combat:
- bacterial cancer,
- spotted necrosis,
- grape crib,
- Oidium and other diseases.
To this end, a kilogram of vitriol is added to 15 liters of warm water.
If we seriously approach the treatment of the bushes, by the middle of summer the lichen completely leaves, and in a year the bark will acquire elasticity.
Autumn spraying of grapes used for the prevention and treatment of its diseases
The first time the grapes are carefully sprayed in the spring, when the buds have not yet formed.
The second treatment is carried out in late autumn after pruning before frost.
In the spring, the vine is treated with a solution of 0.5% iron sulphate. This is 50 grams of top dressing per 10 liters of water. This is done before bud break.
In the autumn spraying is carried out in the second half of October or in November.
Autumn solution of ferrous sulfate is made with the calculation of 3% for a young culture and 5% for a mature bush. So, in 10 liters of water is diluted 300 g or 500 g of ferrous sulfate.
The property of ferrous sulfate is the formation of a thin film after drying, which gently tightens the bark of the vine after drying. This is what prevents the development of many fungi. But it is not the main antifungal medication. In most cases, it protects against lichens and mosses.
Due to the creation of a thin film, iron sulfate is used in the autumn period from late frosts.
Shrubs in spring bloom later than two weeks than untreated.
Formed plenochka after spraying does not allow the kidneys to open earlier. During this time, a callus is formed on the lower cut, which contributes to the appearance of roots, and this greatly increases the development of seedlings.
For spring processing, a solution is applied at the rate of 50 grams per 10 liters of water.
When is it best to handle a bush in spring or autumn?
Autumn cultivation of bush bush, is the most effective protection against impending frost. If the disease is noticed before the fall, it is necessary to immediately treat the plant. Otherwise, when the cold comes, the bush will completely perish.
Why is it better to prevent grapes from disease in the autumn? In the spring it will be much more difficult to fight this.
The good development of the grapevine depends on how it overwinter. The best shelter will not save from the disease and the plant will die in the spring. Therefore, in the autumn period, proper preventive treatment is necessary. Since fungi are able to destroy the culture under cover. In the spring the bush will be very weak.
It is important to know that if healthy leaves are hanging on a vine for a long time - this means the best supply of bush nutrition for the winter.
Processing of grapes in the autumn is made after harvest and when the leaves are completely fallen. If there are painful shoots, they are removed before treatment. Often it is combined with the autumn shelter of the vine. Every year they fertilize with organic fertilizer: compost, manure, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium. And the cut-off shoots are sprayed with 5-7% iron sulphate: in 10 liters of warm water 500-700 g of vitriol are mixed.
It is concentrated treatment that effectively removes the disease from the surface of the cortex. But it does not interfere with pests and "curling" infection. Treatment with iron sulfate, primarily prevents winter mold.
After spraying the vitriol gland, the vine will darken. In places of oidium disease there will be black spots. Before processing, nothing is visible, the vine has a uniform brown color. Oidium quietly develops and notice it is possible only after spraying.
Ferrous sulfate - a means of preventing winter mold
The benefits of processing iron sulphate
Blue vitriol is an excellent tool to improve the yield of bushes and trees. Among winegrowers and gardeners, this is one of the popular tools. And newcomers, from ignorance do not often use this tool. Ferrous sulfate, in addition to its advantages, is a very affordable means.
It is iron sulfate that can provide culture with iron in an easily digestible form.
Experienced farmers understand the importance of iron for plants - actively participates in their respiratory system.
Iron sulfate consists of green crystals, which is why it is often called “green vitriol”. It is completely harmless to humans. However, it is desirable to use rubber gloves, a respirator, glasses during the treatment. Old grape bushes need to be sprayed with green vitriol. This saves them from mosses, lichens, prevents the development of scab.
The effect of using green vitriol is as follows:
- Promotes the formation of chlorophyll, thereby improving the color of the leaves.
- Effectively fights fungal spores, mosses, lichens.
- It is used as a disinfection drug, to eliminate bad odors in toilets, cesspools.
In order to combat disease, vitriol is added substances whitewash bush. The fact that iron sulfate treatment replenishes iron deficiency in the plant.
If you systematically carry out the processing of grapes with iron sulfate it leads to:
- the formation of lateral processes on the side of the vine,
- bark becomes more elastic
- leaves take on a healthy appearance and a larger form.
All this greatly increases the yield. The berries have a healthy appearance and a larger form. You can not combine the iron vitriol with hydrated lime. Copper sulphate is better suited for this.
Iron vitriol is an important microfertilizer that is effective in the prevention and treatment of plants. It is possible to saturate the culture with the method of spraying and the method of entering the ground by digging in the fall or spring. One square meter is given 100 grams of ferrous sulfate.
What is iron sulfate: general information
Iron vitriol, also known as iron sulfate, is one of the most effective compounds that are designed to combat diseases and pests of plants. Its benefits are due not only to the inhibition of microorganisms, but also to the saturation of the plant with iron. As a result, the bushes are gaining strength and can independently deal with the disease. Unfortunately, not all beginning agronomists use this composition, but in vain.
Note: besides effectiveness, iron vitriol is also available. Its cost is low.
Iron sulfate looks like small crystals of green, so it is often called green sulfate. For humans, this composition is absolutely harmless. But despite this, during the irrigation of plants it is strongly recommended to use personal protective equipment - goggles, a respirator and rubber gloves. Adult grape bushes need regular irrigation with ferrous sulfate. Thanks to this, it is possible to get rid of lichens and moss, to prevent the development of scab, as well as to normalize the processes occurring in the respiratory system of grapes.
Iron sulfate for grapes: benefits
- The substance stimulates the production of chlorophyll by the plant, due to which the foliage on the trees begins to develop more rapidly, they become saturated green.
- Provides effective resistance to lichens, mosses and fungal disputes.
- Apply the composition as a disinfector, as well as to eliminate odors in cesspools.
- Add to whitewash when processing trunks of bushes. It is established that such treatment allows to compensate for iron deficiency.
If you regularly process the grapes with iron sulfate, you will achieve the following results:
- The leaves grow in size and take on a healthy, attractive appearance.
- On the side of the vine lateral processes are actively beginning to form.
- The bark becomes more elastic.
- The beneficial effect of the composition on the plant affects the abundance of fruiting. Berries are characterized by a larger form and a healthy attractive appearance.
Iron vitriol for grapes
Important: It is contraindicated to combine iron sulfate with slaked lime. For these purposes it is recommended to use copper sulphate.
Rules for the preparation of vitriol for processing grapes
Iron vitriol for grapes in early spring is very necessary, so the first time you need to process the plant shortly after the end of winter. The first spring spraying is carried out before the formation of the first buds. In horticulture and viticulture, the second planned processing occurs not in summer, but in autumn, when it is time to prepare for the upcoming wintering. You need to process all grape varieties without exception, otherwise you will not be able to avoid the disease, and during the cold weather the vines can freeze.
Important: It is recommended to spray grapes in spring with iron vitriol with a concentration of the active substance not more than 0.5%. For breeding, you will need to observe the following proportions: 50 g of the substance and 10 l of water at room temperature.
Iron chelate for grapes: instructions for use during autumn processing
Proper feeding in the fall is carried out closer to November. At this time it is necessary to closely monitor the weather conditions, the first frost should not yet be. Dilute the substance must be completely different than in the spring.
- For the treatment of young plants it is necessary to use a 3% solution of vitriol. For 10 liters of water at room temperature should be 0.3 kg of fertilizer.
- Spraying of adult grapes, which has been bearing fruit for more than 1 year, is carried out with a solution of 5% vitriol. 10 liters of water - 0.5 kg of the substance.
It is necessary to strictly observe all proportions, otherwise the treatment will adversely affect the state of the culture.
Iron chelate for grapes
By sprinkling the plants in his garden plot, the gardener provides protection against pest attacks and the development of diseases. This happens due to the fact that after drying the composition of the leaves, branches, etc. covered with a protective thin film. Due to this, the plant does not infect fungal and infectious pathologies.
Processing of iron sulfate in the fall provides excellent protection from the cold in winter. Formed film warms the plant.
Important: vitriol-treated plants awaken a few weeks later, this is normal.
Late bud breakage is due to the presence of a film, which is always formed after processing.
When is it best to handle: autumn or spring
Many agronomists are convinced that due to the autumn top dressing the plant will not only survive the winter frosts, but also strengthen the vine. Weather conditions are unpredictable and lowering the temperature by 1-2 degrees can destroy the vine. It is also worth paying attention to the fact that many diseases may not manifest themselves in the fall, but with the onset of spring they will deal a crushing blow to the culture. Shortly after waking up, it is dangerous to treat the plant because it is weakened after hibernation. In most cases, the outcome is the same - the plant dies.
The development of the bush depends on the conditions in which it winters.
Important! None of the shelters can protect the plant from attacks of fungal and viral infections. At the first thaw, pathogenic microorganisms begin to destroy the bushes.
Processing can be done only after harvesting, the fall of the whole foliage and pruning. All preparatory procedures for wintering should be carried out comprehensively: pruning, fertilization under the root collar, vitriol irrigation and shelter for the winter.
It is better to apply fertilizers to the soil in a complex manner, and irrigation should be done strictly in accordance with the age of the shrub. After drying, the bush acquires a dark color, due to which it is possible to timely identify the areas affected by fungus or infection.
How to breed blue vitriol for irrigation of grapes:
- After removing the shelter for irrigation in the spring - 0.5-1% solution of vitriol.
- To combat disease-causing organisms such as oidium, mildew, etc. - 4-5%.
- In the fight against lichen and moss - 3%.
- As a foliar top dressing of grapes - 0.1-0.2%.
- For the treatment of chlorosis - 0.05%.
- Before hiding for the winter, autumn processing - 3-5%.
Despite the large variety of chemicals intended to strengthen, prevent and treat diseases, iron sulfate still occupies one of the leading places.
What is iron sulfate?
Ferrous sulfate, or ferrous sulfate (may also be known as ferrous sulfate), is the brainchild of the Soviet chemical industry.
It is a crystalline powder of a beautiful greenish-blue color. It has in its composition about 53% of the active substance, which makes it a great helper in garden plots.
Tired of pest control?
At the cottage or in the apartment cockroaches, mice or other pests started? They need to fight! They are carriers of serious diseases: salmonellosis, rabies.
Many summer residents are faced with pests that destroy the crop and damage the plants.
In such cases, our readers recommend using the latest invention - Pest Reject repeller.
It has the following properties:
- Eliminates mosquitoes, cockroaches, rodents, ants, bedbugs
- Safe for children and pets
- Runs on line, no charge required.
- No pest control effect
- Large area of the device
What is iron sulphate for?
Not to say that this remedy is universal, however, its main function is to fight fungal infections.
Therefore, gardeners use it to solve several problems:
- processing of the ceiling and walls of vegetable stores and basements,
- to eliminate house fungus,
- for treating hollows and wounds in trees
- for off-season (autumn and spring) whitewashing the trunks of fruit trees,
- for processing garden crops against lichens, scab and other diseases,
- to eliminate rose spotting,
- for the preventive processing of grapes,
- to combat insect pests,
- as a fertilizer
- for processing grapes,
- for the treatment of true and downy mildew, as well as anthracnose, coccomycosis and gray rot.
"Many gardeners are faced with the Colorado potato beetle, flies, ants, aphids, caterpillars, weevils, moles and many other parasites. It is very annoying when the crop goes to pests. The husband bought the device after reading about it on the forum gardeners.
I regularly inspect my site, the result makes me very happy! I liked very much that it works on a solar battery. I advise the repeller to everyone. "
Iron vitriol against pests
Iron sulfate is an excellent insecticide. By applying it in gardening, it is quite easy to halve the number of not only crawling insects, but also their eggs. For this spraying spend spring. They try to touch not only the branches and the trunk, but also the ground around the tree.
The most important parameters during spraying are concentration and processing time. Usually begin to spray in the second half of April. This is considered a good enough moment to kill up to half of all pests.
However, it is worth making a reservation. Calendar and climatic spring does not always coincide. Therefore, an experienced gardener carefully monitors the weather, for the appearance of buds on the tree, and in early spring can begin processing earlier.
Apply iron sulfate is easy. But it must be borne in mind that this is not a super-tool that can relieve from all problems once and for all. Other processing methods can be used with iron to achieve the best effect.
Iron vitriol against mosses and lichens
To get rid of mosses and lichens, which are most often formed on old trees, iron sulfate is also great.Stories of our readers!
“They always used fertilizers and dressings in their garden. A neighbor said he was soaking seeds using new fertilizer. The seedling grows strong and strong.
Ordered, followed the instructions. Wonderful results! This we did not expect! We have collected a wonderful harvest this year, now we will always use only this tool. Рекомендую попробовать."
Железный купорос для борьбы с грибковыми заболеваниями
Для того чтобы грибковые заболевания не касались садовых растений, потребуется также приготовить раствор на основе железного купороса. Only this time it will be much weaker than from pests or lichens.
In this case, just enough 30 grams of vitriol per 10 liters of water (0.3% solution is obtained). Processing will need to be carried out two or three times every seven days.
Iron sulfate against chlorosis
Chlorosis occurs in plants when the soil lacks fertilizer or iron. This disease manifests itself by the fact that the leaves lose their green color, become paler and in some cases become covered with spots. But iron sulfate is quite suitable for the treatment of this disease.
It is enough to dilute to ten liters of water. 50 grams of vitrioland spray every four to five days until healthy, green foliage color is restored.
Once the color has returned, vitriol can be used to prevent this disease. To this end, the sulfide dose is reduced to 10 grams per ten liters of water and processed about once a week.
Processing of vitriol grapes
For grapes, iron sulfate has a special meaning. Sulfide is a kind of advocate for this culture - the treatment of vitriol causes the budding of grapes to linger for about a week.
This is good in the sense that, after the covering material has been removed and, a week later, the vineyard has been treated with vitriol, the buds bloom later than usual, therefore, they are not affected by the returning cold weather. For this purpose, only 3-4% solution is enough (how to prepare it as indicated above).
For the full processing of grapes with iron sulfate, the following concentrations are recommended:
- for spring processing, after removing the covering material - 0.5% -1%,
- to eliminate microorganisms and pests, such as mildew, oidium, grape pillow, and others - 4-5%,
- from lichen and mosses - 3%,
- for the fight against chlorosis - 0.05%,
- for processing in the fall, before winter shelter - 3-5%.
However, vitriol is not only used for spraying. Spring root feeding grapes sulfate also has a place to be. And even, moreover, is bearing fruit.
And it can be expressed as follows:
- young growth is slowed down, the vine is shorter and thinner than it should be,
- leaves do not grow to the required size, lose color, fall off,
- fruits ripen at a slower rate, that is, the crop is belated and not ripe.
It is likely that these signs also hint at certain diseases in the plant. But the use of vitriol is clearly not superfluous, since the treatment of this ailment can also be carried out with sulfite.
How to breed?
In order for the solution of ferrous sulfate to be of high quality, you should take care of some points:
- First, it is a container. Here, the question is convenience - if the volume of the cultivated area is very large, then you can use a large container, like a barrel, it is desirable that it had an even volume (it will be more convenient to count) - 50 liters, 100 liters, and so on. The latter option is preferable, since it is much easier to perform all the calculations.
- Secondly, the state of the container. It is desirable that it was plastic. Clean and plastic packaging. Since vitriol is still a chemical element, it is difficult to guess what kind of reaction can occur if you pour sulphide into a container where there is little gasoline left. Therefore, the container must be clean.
- Third, the "spoon". The designation is conditional, but it is necessary to stir the vitriol in water with something. If you wait until it dissolves on its own, it may take a very long time. It is much easier and faster to stir something like a paddle. Unless, of course, we are talking about a large container.
- Fourthly, after the first stirring, let the mixture stand for about twenty minutes. This will allow undissolved remains of vitriol to settle to the bottom, after which it will need to be stirred again. After that, the finished solution can be used for processing. One hundred liters of water will require three to five kilograms of iron sulphate. This will give, respectively, a three or five percent composition.
Above were listed the possible ratios for the preparation of solutions. Nevertheless, there are many versions on the Internet that differ from those given. This is not bad, because it allows you to experiment and select the required dose empirically.
The consumption rate of the solution is approximately 10-15 liters per 100 square meters. Provided that the spraying is carried out through a spray.
Years of practice show that iron sulfate is an excellent helper in gardening works. Unfortunately, it cannot be called the most versatile and the best, however, it is really a lot of where you can apply and a lot to deal with.
It is relatively safe, it is indisputable. However, with sufficiently severe and neglected cases of plant diseases, it still makes sense to connect stronger chemicals.
What it is?
Iron sulphate is an iron sulfate solution. Iron sulphate is odorless and consists of transparent bluish-green crystals. Differs substance:
- good solubility in water
- low toxicity
- oxidation by air,
- low degree of decomposition at high temperatures.
In industrial production, ferrous sulfate is obtained as a by-product when pickling sheets of iron or wire with sulfuric acid to descale occurs.
You can independently prepare the substance, acting on scrap iron diluted solution of sulfuric acid.
The use of iron vitriol is extensive. In addition to agriculture, it is necessary as a drug for patients with iron deficiency anemia. It serves as a tool for dyeing fabrics, ink production.
Let out an iron vitriol in the form of crystal-like powder, in packages weighing 150 grams.
What are the benefits for grapes
For conducting work in the vineyard is necessary to use a solution of ferrous sulfate. Due to the lack of iron in the vine problems begin. They are determined by the lag of shoots in growth, yellowing and falling leaves. On the harvest and nothing to dream when the vine in this state. Saves only processing iron sulphate.
From diseases: mildew, bacterial cancer, spotted necrosis - spraying of sulphate will also help. They heal the wounds on the vine, as the restoration of the structure of the wood layer under the action of the solution of vitriol is faster.
In the northern regions, it is possible to delay the release of buds artificially, treating the shoots with iron sulfate. Then the frosts, which in the spring are most dangerous, will not harm the vine.
Experienced gardeners are aware of the effect of the iron sulfate solution as the main agent that protects against the winter cold. Helps the drug to stimulate the reproduction of berries.
The advantages of a lot of tools. In addition to a wide range of effects, they also note that it is of low toxicity. Delicately affecting plants, not penetrating deep into the tissue, the drug has a beneficial effect on the growth and fruiting of grapes.
It only needs to be properly diluted so as not to burn the vine.
It combines well with citric acid. The prepared mixture effectively copes with non-infectious chlorosis. But the vitriol is not mixed with lime, since there will be no benefit from such a composition.
The use of vitriol in the vineyard is quite extensive:
- Whitewashing grapes shoots scare away ants. Pests always damage the vine along with aphids. After spring whitewash you can forget about these insects.
- Prevention of chlorosis of grapes is carried out by the method of soil treatment with a solution of ferrous sulfate. Spraying the vines is carried out before the buds bud and the first leaves appear, which will avoid problems during the flowering and fruiting periods.
- Processing of blue vitriol will save mosses and lichens from various grapes on the shoots.
- Grape bushes are watered under the root with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of citric acid and 2 tea ferrous sulphate taken in 3 liters of cold boiled water. It is necessary to feed this composition and berry leaves to heal the vine. It is important to use the product immediately after preparation at intervals of 1 time in 10 days.
Root top dressing of grapes is used annually, but the concentration of the solution is different in young and adult plants.
The procedure for making iron sulphate
Depending on the purpose of processing the grapes, the proportions of preparation of ferrous sulfate solution are different:
- Iron as a part of powder is necessary for plants in the spring, after snow thawing. Prepare a concentrated solution. 15 grams of the substance is poured into a bucket of soft settled water. After mixing, pour the soil on the plantation.
- In order to destroy the larvae of pests and spores of pathogenic fungi, you will need to prepare a mixture of 150 grams of the substance, dissolving the powder in 10 liters of water.
- The Neshtambovuyu part of the vine is treated in April with a 3% solution of iron sulphate. Only such a concentration of the substance will lead to the destruction of growths in the form of mosses and lichens.
- 1% agent of iron sulphate is used as a prophylactic agent after pruning the vine. Whitening the stems of grapes, contribute to the fact that they form a protective film. It will become an obstacle to the penetration of fungi and insect larvae inside the plant.
It is necessary to dilute crystals of iron sulfate only in soft water. Before the procedure, pour the crystals into the rain or well settled. Due to the ability of vitriol to dissolve quickly, the tool will be ready in 20 minutes.
How to use
Iron sulphate solution is most often used in the period as soon as the snow melts and the kidneys are still in a dormant state. In the spring using the solution you can:
- fertilize the soil in the vineyard,
- protect the culture from pests
- to sanitize the damage on the shoots,
- rid landing of moss, lichen.
You should not work the soil if there are no signs of iron deficiency.
Insecticidal treatment is carried out with a solution of 0.5-1%. Bred as instructed. Strong concentration of the drug will lead to burns of the vine. In the same way, prepare a means to prevent chlorosis in fruit culture. Pour the mixture under the root. For processing foliar take 3% solution of ferrous sulfate.
The same mixture is treated with places where growths appeared in the form of a lichen or moss. After several hours, they are mechanically scraped off.
In places where wounds, cracks and other injuries are found, they are performed with a soft brush, inflicting a 1% aqueous solution of ferrous sulphate.
Effective treatment in the fall before the shelter of the vine for the winter. To prepare the solution should be more concentrated, from 3 to 5%. After such a procedure, the vine laid for the winter will not mold, it will survive the winter cold.
In the summer, do not use vitriol for processing the vineyard, as it causes burns of the leaves. You can only apply watering with a weak solution of ferrous sulphate when the signs of chlorosis are found on the plant.
Like any chemical drug, iron vitriol must be properly applied.
In case of violation of the instructions for preparing the solution, irreparable damage may occur Plants face death when the concentration of iron sulfate is above normal. But with the use of small doses during the treatment of the proper result from the prevention or treatment should not wait.
Spraying the buds that are still sleeping, you can stop their development. It is suitable for regions in which spring frosts often return and ruin the vine. In the southern regions, after such treatment, the development of the kidneys will stop, and the harvest will be received at the wrong time.
Blue vitriol does not cure bacterial infections. You should not spend time on processing, and it is better to replace the drug with copper sulfate, more effective against pathogenic microorganisms.
The acidic composition of ferrous sulfate does not allow combining it with products based on zinc, copper, magnesium. All alkaline preparations are not used with iron sulfate. And soap in the solutions do not apply. In combination with alkalis from the treatment of iron sulfate will not be confused. It is better to alternately carry out spraying with different preparations, observing a break of 2 weeks.
To handle the vines take a spray or sprayer, protecting parts of the body from contact with the working fluid. On the face - a respirator, hands - in rubber gloves.
Pets should not be near the vineyard during disinfection treatment. After applying the solution of iron sulfate hands washed with warm water and soap.
Given the instability of the drug, disinfect the drug in quiet cloudy weather. Rain can wash the substance from the vine, and then you have to again engage in preventive measures.
Why iron sulfate
Experienced gardeners in the battle for plant health prefer to use time-tested preparations. And not in last place is ferrous sulfate (or ferrous sulphate (FeSO4), ferrous sulphate): it has no danger either to humans, or to animals, or to plants.
The substance is a bluish-green crystals. Under the influence of oxygen, its color changes to yellow. Iron sulfate dissolves well in water, which makes it easy to prepare a solution of the desired concentration.
One of the advantages of iron sulphate is its low (compared to finished products) cost. In addition, the substance can be used as a fertilizer, and as a disinfector, and as an insecticide or fungicide.
Among the drawbacks of the drug is its inability to resist bacteria, the risk of burns of young leaves and weak shoots, the inability to penetrate deep into the plant tissue, a short-term effect (no more than 14 days).
Gardeners acquire blue vitriol for:
- processing plants in the off-season,
- fighting insects, their larvae,
- getting rid of fungal infections
- healing damage to the shtamb,
- replenishment of iron in soil and plants,
- processing premises in which the crop is stored.
Iron sulfate is used for such problems:
When growing grapes, it is recommended to process the iron sulfate twice: in spring and autumn. These procedures are somewhat different, so they should be considered separately.
For the first time in a season, grapes are sprayed in the spring, when the frosts were already asleep, but the leaves did not have time to bloom (in the middle lane - this is March).
To do this, use a solution of ferrous sulfate concentration of 0.5%.
- To obtain the necessary mixture, in a 10-liter bucket filled with cool water, dilute 50 g of crystals.
- The resulting composition is poured into a garden sprayer and they are treated with the surface of a bush (completely all parts that are above the ground) and the adjacent soil.
Before the onset of winter, vineyards are also treated with iron sulfate - this helps protect shrubs from the cold. Iron sulfate forms a kind of coating on wood that protects grapes from temperature fluctuations.
Such a procedure will not only allow the plant to better endure the winter, but will also ensure that fungi and pests do not settle in it.
- In autumn spraying (carried out at the end of the growing season, in late October or early November) 500 g of crystals are diluted with 10 liters of water (for adult bushes) or 300 g per 10 liters of water for young.
- It is also poured into the sprayer and the plant is treated completely and the surrounding soil.
- Before treatment, excess shoots and foliage are removed from the shrub.
Video: processing of grapes in the autumn of vitriol The autumn procedure retards the development of buds for 2-3 weeks, which allows seedlings to develop more successfully. As we see, it is impossible to determine which treatment is better: autumn or spring. Each of them has its own advantages.
Top dressing of a vineyard green vitriol
Insufficient amount of micronutrients in the soil adversely affects the amount of the crop. And the gland is assigned not the last role. The deficiency of this element is slowed down by vegetative processes, the leaves of the plant turn yellow, the number of young shoots decreases.
The normal iron content activates the production of chlorophyll, which contributes to the accumulation of nutrients. As a result - a healthy plant, large brushes, high yield.
Fertilizer iron sulphate soil can increase the iron content. Moreover, this element is in a dissolved state and is well absorbed by cultivated plants. To eliminate the lack of iron, the soil under the grapes is fed with a 0.1-0.2% solution of vitriol (1-2 g of crystal per liter of water).
As a top dressing, it is possible to spray the grapes in early spring, immediately after the snow melts, and after the appearance of 4-5 leaves on the vine. The weather should be dry and windless. Эти периоды важны для винограда, и именно тогда они испытывают дефицит железа.
При перекапывании почвы весной и осенью можно вносить FeSO4 прямо в землю — 100 г кристаллов на 1 кв. метр.
Использование железного купороса для борьбы с вредителями и заболеваниями
Treating the shrub with iron sulfate helps to effectively combat insect pests. Moreover, this substance not only protects against diseases, but also eliminates pests from larvae and eggs.
- To obtain a solution, mix 150 g of crystals with 10 liters of water.
- Treatment mode - 1-2 times in the spring.
For the treatment of false or typical powdery mildew, as well as fungal diseases, a 3% mixture of ferrous sulfate is used. The composition is thoroughly mixed until the final dissolution of the substance. Apply the solution in spring and autumn, if there are signs of a disease, 2-3 times, with an interval of 7 days.
To prevent fungal trouble, grapes are treated with a weak composition (500 g per 10 liters of water). However, it should be borne in mind that iron sulfate can not be sprayed on the buds or green leaves. Shrubs are treated only in early spring or late autumn. Work can be done in the summer, after the plant had had fungus diseases or powdery mildew. Then the iron sulfate will help save the grapes from the spores of mushrooms and the results of their activities.
Disinfection of the vineyard with iron sulfate
Iron sulfate is also useful in the summer, although the solution does not disinfect the grapes. If a compost heap, cesspit or other unfavorable place in which bacteria, viruses, and fungi develop easily, is near the shrub, then this becomes a cause for concern.
In this case, the "cereal" places are literally poured with a 5-7% solution of copper sulfate. It is unacceptable to spray plants with such a concentrated composition, but in the form of disinfection it fits perfectly - no bacteria and fungi will not tolerate such treatment.
Disinfection of wounds and cracks in the vine
For the treatment and disinfection of wounds resort to a concentrated composition (10 g per liter of water). They are treated with damaged areas. Vine is treated with a soft brush every 5-6 days until the plant returns a healthy appearance. After drying at the place of lubrication, a thin film is formed, which protects the vine from bacteria.