Even though quails that are grown on the backyard plots, are the smallest variety of poultry, the poultry farmer will have to create comfortable living conditions for them to live. You can build cages for quails from different materials, and the task is not only for professionals, but also for house craftsmen armed with a minimum set of tools.
Quail cage types and requirements
Before starting work, it is important to know that for different age categories separate housing is necessary, and in separate cells they contain:
- chicks aged 1 to 10 days,
- young up to one and a half month old
- adult livestock,
- laying hens,
- quail meat destination
- parent groups.
A do-it-yourself brooder for quails differs from other cages with serious protection from cold and draft, necessarily a lighting and heating system for small, poorly tolerated cooling and overheating chicks. All walls, except the front, home craftsmen prefer to make of plywood, fiberboard or particleboard. The floor and ceiling of this design is made of fine mesh, through which trash and bird droppings easily penetrate, while the quails themselves confidently move and do not risk hurting their feet.
For this age, a self-built quail brooder is completed with a feeding trough and a trough. This equipment, as well as a heater and lamps are mounted inside the cage.
Telling about making blueprints of a brooder for quails, video will not allow even those who for the first time in their lives decide to breed such an interesting bird as quail.
The older the bird, the larger the mesh can be. Grown up young animals are better adapted to environmental conditions. It does not need a closed space, and besides, it is much easier to clean open quail mesh cells.
For adult birds in the home build a cage of a variety of available materials. Not only plywood or particleboard is used, but also metallized mesh, metal and even plastic. Hens are housed in special-designed houses with a sloped bottom. Outside the chute is attached, where the eggs are laid.
In order to better feed individuals in the meat industry, cages for quails are reticulated and rather low, in order to artificially restrict bird movements. Such a technique allows not only to achieve the desired weight faster, but also to delay the onset of puberty. Therefore, the meat of such quails is more tender and juicier than those grown in ordinary cells.
Before you make a cage for quails with your own hands, we carefully weigh the safety of the future structure, the possibility of its sanitization and cleaning, as well as the size of the house to the number of birds placed in it.
Calculations of the sizes of future cages for landing quails can be made on the basis of the given norms for a population of 10, 30 and 50 birds.
Drawings cages for quails in the manufacture of their own hands
The most popular and convenient design of the cage for quails is a wooden or metal frame, sheathed with a net on the outside and on the floor, and with the rest, at the request of the owner with materials available to him.
A drawing of a self-made cage for quails, in the photo, includes:
- 1 - frame,
- 2 - drinking bowl,
- 3 - the door
- 4 - feeder
- 5 - chute for rolling eggs,
- 6 - cell floor,
- 7 - tray for collecting litter and litter.
Reliable functional design will take more than one generation of layers can be installed on the floor, it is important to provide legs with a height of 15-30 cm, or be used as a tier "multi-storey" design. This way of placing the cells is very helpful for poultry farmers who do not have enough space to install detached houses for feathered pets.
The quail cages assembled in a multi-tiered structure must be securely fastened to each other and to the vertical surface of the wall next to which they are located.
If you want to save and simplify the manufacturing process, the master can abandon the frame. In this case, the drawing of a cage for quails on the photo will help to cope with the task; even a novice poultry farmer will make such a design with his own hands. As a material for the side walls and the pallet, you can take a thin metal, strong plywood or sheets of hardboard.
To prevent the egg rolling down from the sloping floor, a chute up to 10 cm wide with a stopper is provided outside. The bottom is made of fine metal mesh suitable for fast and efficient cell cleaning.
Cage for quail their own hands: step by step instructions
Self-made designs are simple, affordable and do not require special knowledge in the manufacture. It is only important to consider:
- number of farmed quails,
- the need to install heating and lighting systems for chicks,
- trays for laid eggs,
- the possibility of cleaning the cells for quail.
If the master chose wood, plywood and metal mesh as the source materials, it will be useful in his work:
- metal shears
- stapler with staples for fixing the mesh,
- self-tapping screws for frame assembly.
If you assemble a cage for quails with your own hands, according to the step-by-step instructions in the first stage, cut out blanks for the rear wall, two parts for the sidewalls and the top of the box. The dimensions of the future design are calculated according to the table above.
The frame, sawn from wooden bars, fastened with screws. To use a cage for quails to be safe and long, it is better to clean the wood with emery paper and soak it in an antiseptic that is safe for poultry.
To proceed further, when the impregnation is completely dry. From the material with a large cell, allowing quails to freely use a fixed feeder and drinker, a blank is made for the front wall.
The future floor of the bird's house is cut from the grid with a small cell. The tray for collecting eggs is a continuation of the sloping floor with a curved edge that does not allow the eggs to roll. This should be taken into account when preparing cage drawings for quails.
The grid to the wooden parts of the construction is conveniently fixed with the help of large furniture brackets. Below, under the sloping floor make a removable tray for collecting litter and litter.
Cage for quails from plastic boxes
The economical and very simple version of the cage for quails is based on the use of vegetable packaging boxes made of lattice plastic.
This material is not only easy to handle and durable, it is perfectly cleaned and washable, which is extremely important when keeping poultry.
Before proceeding to the step-by-step instructions on how to build a cage for quails with your own hands, you need to prepare everything you need to work. The master will need:
- three boxes of equal size,
- flexible durable wire
- file for work on plastic and metal,
- sharp knife.
The box, which will be in the center of the structure and is intended for keeping quails, should have a height of about 30 cm, the rest of the box may be lower. One of them will serve as a pallet, the second - the ceiling and covers:
- At the first stage, at the main box, all protruding parts along the top edge are cut off.
- Then he using the available slots and legs fit in with the bottom drawer.
- The design is crowned by a second low box.
- The resulting structure is fastened with wire, and if it is not, other available materials are used: solid wire, double-sided or strong mounting tape.
- On the lid of the resulting cage for quails mark the future door, convenient for cleaning and removing or sharing the bird.
- The hatch is cut on three sides, and the fourth one is bent outwards. For ease of use, a wire hinge-lock is attached to the improvised door.
- On the outer wall make several slots for feeding quail in a cage.
- Just below the chute feed trough attached, near the mount drinking water.
The construction of a cage for quails on video in full detail reveals all the tricks of the process and will help you in a few hours to get the necessary housing for the birds.
Basic requirements for quail cages
Deciding to have quails, it is advisable to worry in advance about the presence of durable and comfortable cages to ensure the necessary conditions for the life of the birds. Designs can be purchased in specialized stores, but for lovers of reasonable savings the best option would be to create them yourself. This will not only save money, but also maximize space optimization.
Certain requirements are imposed on the conditions of detention and cages for quails.
- Lack of moisture in the room, compliance with a certain temperature in it within 18-20 degrees. This significantly reduces the number of diseases of birds, leading to death.
- When settling quails in cages, it is important to respect their number. So, a dozen birds selected for breeding will need a 15-17 dm² cage. And for obtaining food eggs and meat, the density of planting should not exceed 10–12 dm².
- The size of the grid cells should be selected depending on the age group of birds. Too large is not suitable for the young, the chicks will easily make their way through it.
When creating a cage, it should be remembered that quails are very shy and do not tolerate a large number of external stimuli. Protect them from exposure to drafts, loud noise and excessive illumination. Regardless of the type of construction chosen, the cage should be as closed as possible and made of durable material.
Materials from which you can make a cell with your own hands
The most acceptable options for creating the back and side walls - boards, zinc, plastic and plywood. And the front part of the cage is traditionally made of medium-sized mesh or twigs, located at a short distance from each other. Front mounted feeder.
The front of the cage is made of a grid, leaving a hole for feeding the birds.
As the experience of most bird owners shows, cages completely made of mesh material are completely unsuitable for their maintenance. In such constructions, quails behave restlessly, because of constant stress, they practically do not rush, they do not gain weight well, they crush each other.
Parts of cells are made of different materials:
- cell cages can be made of metal profile or wood, which provides the desired rigidity of the product. However, there are models and frameless structures made from one-piece mesh fabric,
- The material most suitable for the manufacture of pallets and feeders is galvanized steel. It eliminates the appearance of oxidation and allows you to provide high-quality cleaning litter,
- in the manufacture of cells from plywood and natural wood, it is desirable to take care of their impregnation with special antiseptics or water-based varnish. They provide additional reliability and prevent mold and small parasites.
Recommended designs for birds of different ages
In the manufacture of cells for quail is very important to take into account the age of the birds and the ultimate goal of the content. There are several main types of structures:
- brooders: for little chicks from birth to 10 days,
- cages for young age up to 45 days,
- structures that contain adult birds
- food egg cells,
- separate premises for the parent flock,
- special cages for fattening for meat.
Professional breeders are immediately hatching newly hatched chicks into specially equipped brooders. They allow you to maintain the required temperature for the harmonious and proper development of the young. In addition, such constructions should be additionally equipped with a 24-hour lighting system, without which the full growth of chicks is impossible. These cells should be of a closed type with a mesh size of 10x10 mm. The feeder and the drinker are placed inside the box. It is desirable that in such conditions quail lasted for 2-3 weeks from the moment of birth.
Sizes and patterns of cages depending on the number of birds
The main task of the poultry farmer breeding quails in order to obtain meat is to create conditions under which the birds will be inactive. To do this, in the manufacture of cells reduce the parameters of its height. Such constructions are traditionally made of a grid with a cell of 32x48 mm, which provides a sufficient level of illumination that affects the growth of the bird.
What a cell should look like: familiar with the main requirements and criteria
It would seem that the birds in the house - it is a constant stench, dust and stale air. But, in fact, all these unpleasant factors are very easy to avoid if you choose the correct design of the future cell.
With that, it will not even have to be bought, but it’s quite realistic to make it yourself with available and inexpensive materials.
In general, if you deal well with the requirements that are put forward to such cells, then it is possible without any further clarification to build the right one for you. Below we will acquaint you with such criteria.
- It is very important that the quails in the cage have enough space for life. Therefore, its size should be based on the calculation of 1 individual per 100 cm2.
You can certainly leave more space, but think about whether it will be beneficial to you yourself?
Placing too many individuals in one cage is also not worth it.
Firstly, it will be necessary to construct just a huge cage, and secondly, a large concentration of birds in one practically confined space can adversely affect their health and egg production.
We should not forget about the so-called “egg assembly” - that is, the sloping floor, through which the eggs will roll out for easy collection.
In this case, the height of the back wall will reach 20 centimeters, while the front one will be 5 centimeters more. But at the same time for all, the angle of inclination for the assembly of eggs should not be more than 8-10ºС, otherwise the birds will also roll down.
The diameter of the wire, which will depend on the strength of the cell, can vary from 0.9 to 2 millimeters.
Pros and cons in choosing the most popular materials for the manufacture of cells
Before proceeding to the direct manufacture of the cell, it is important to choose a material. It is necessary to proceed in this matter from the fact that it will be more accessible and cheaper for you personally, since each material has its own advantages and disadvantages.
If you decide to give your preference to a metal cage made of galvanized steel rods (although using a conventional aluminum or dural mesh is quite good result), then first of all you will win in the durability of such a design.
Also, a metal cage is considered the most hygienic, since it can be very easily disinfected with fire, a blowtorch, or simply boiling water. In addition, the cell will be obtained from solid lattices, which will allow sunlight to completely fill the space of the cell.
However, it is also quite it is acceptable to make wood cages or to combine wood with metal. It is recommended to use beech, birch, maple or oak wood as a material.
With regard to this option, the aesthetics of the cells, the springiness of the material will be an advantage, they fit very well into the interior, which certainly cannot be said about metal cells. However, wooden and combined have much more deficiencies:
- Wood can not be treated from pests using fire, and the use of other disinfectants will also be virtually impossible.
- Often dampness accumulates in wooden cages (after all, they do not dry as quickly as metal ones), as a result of which parasites can build up in the corners.
- In the combined cages, it is impossible to contain those breeds of quail birds that have hard beaks, as they can damage it.
What should be the scheme of the cage, convenient not only for birds, but also for the house?
When you start practicing and really take up the production of a cage, you cannot make it exactly “in line”.
After all, it is not always possible to bend the grid in the same place, or to find the right size of the board.
Но все же, по рекомендациям опытных в этом деле мастеров, самая большая клетка для этих птиц (то есть, для 30 особей) должна иметь ширину — 40 сантиметров, а длину — 1 метр. При этом, если выращиваются мясные породы перепелов, или же мясояичные, то к ширине и длине нужно добавить по 5 сантиметров.
At the same time, do not forget about the egg outlet, which will also take up some space (we have already described its dimensions above).
However, for the convenience of the cage itself, it should be made not so big, naturally launching not 30, 20-25 individuals of quails in the future.
In this case, the cell is obtained in dimensions of 72 by 52 centimeters, well, or 28 by 20 grid squares, if you have given the advantage of the metal construction.
But it is even more convenient to manufacture not individual cells, but entire racks, where each cell is installed one above the other with the help of special fixings.
Thus, it is possible to make the simplest rack with a height of 1.95 meters, a length of 1 meter and a depth of 60 centimeters (together with the length of the egg acceptor), which can easily accommodate between 150 and 200 birds and does not take much space. With all the parameters taken into account, it will contain 5 cells.
Preparation of materials necessary for cell construction
We will build the most practical cage for 25 individuals of quail, for which the easiest way is to choose materials of the required size. Therefore, we purchase the following materials:
- Metal mesh with a width of one and a half meters and with a cell size of not more than 2.5 to 2.5 centimeters. It is most practical to choose a rod diameter of 1.8 millimeter.
- The grid is made of the same material, but already 1 meter wide and in smaller cells - 1.2 by 2.4 centimeters. Without problems, such a grid can be found with a diameter of 1.4 mm in a twig. It will serve as a cell floor, which explains such small cells.
- For the pallet, you need a piece of galvanized sheet, which can be picked up after the basic structure has been built. Thus, it will be possible to pick up a piece of a specific size, without wasting any money or materials.
- To firmly fix the floor you need 6 plastic screeds.
- Metal profile, produced specifically for work with drywall. It will serve as a feeder for our birds. And as a drinker the most economical option would be a regular plastic bottle.
Getting to the manufacture of cells: a step by step description
- We take our grid of one and a half meter width and cut off a piece of only 20 cells in length from it. We count from both ends of the resulting piece of 16 cells and bend the grid so that the letter P. turns out. It is most convenient to bend it on the cells themselves, and not on their intersections.
- It is important to note that the piece is not cut strictly along the cells, but the ends of the rods are left on purpose. They are very convenient for fixing the back wall and the floor of the future cell.
- We attach the floor to the received frame, for which we need to cut a piece approximately 72 centimeters wide from the meter grid (naturally, it is better to try on a little so as not to be mistaken). Most often it turns out a piece 60 cells wide. Do not forget to leave the ends of the twigs, after bending which the design will become more durable and reliable.
- From the resulting piece should bend the back wall. It will turn out somewhere in 16 centimeters (6.5 mesh cells).
- Using the remains of twigs sticking out of the net, the back wall is attached to the main frame, and behind it the floor to the side walls. In the process of fixing the floor do not forget that for rolling eggs it should be slightly inclined. That is, if the back wall turned out to be 16 centimeters high, but the front wall should be about 19 (= 7.5 cells).
- From the rest of the floor grid, which protrudes in the front, we make an egg collector according to the parameters already mentioned above. The main thing - do not forget about the sides, which will save the eggs from falling to the ground.
- Fix the floor to the walls with plastic ties.
- In order to make the front wall, which will serve as the door, we need a piece of mesh 6 to 28 cells. We cut it off from the one-and-a-half meter grid, where the cells are larger.
With the help of separate pieces of wire or with the help of protruding rods we fix the received piece to the front. We also hang the floor to this front wall-door by taking individual pieces of wire, which in the future without problems can be bent back to open the cage.
We build a cage for quail from plywood
Wooden or plywood (which is much cheaper) cell is built absolutely according to the very schemes and principles, as the above described metal.
The only thing that the floor in any case should be from the grid. However, such a cell has its own special requirements. First of all The material used must be impregnated with an antiseptic or quality varnishwhich is water based.
Precisely such measures will prevent the accumulation of dampness and the appearance of various bacteria.
Feeders are usually mounted on a cage in front, and on the sides - drinkers. They can also be made independently, if of course you do not rely on the aesthetics of the future design.
For practicality, such cells are also strongly recommended to cover the newspapers, because when the pan is taken out, everything around you can become dirty from bird feces.
As a result, you should have a rather attractive cage, but you will need to keep it always in front of the window in order for the birds to get at least some sunlight.
Another disadvantage of using wood and plywood for making cells is the weight of the resulting structures, which will be quite difficult to transport, especially with the birds inside.
It is also interesting to read about the construction of the house on your site.
How to get rid of traces of quail in your home: practical advice
On the one hand, it’s practical to keep these birds in the house, since you don’t have to come up with special devices for heating the cells, but on the other, it’s very troublesome, because an apartment or house can unpleasantly smell birds and be dirty.
But even these problems can be dealt with if they are foreseen in advance.
How to ensure the house freshness, if it live quail?
First, it will always have to clean the cell trayon which all their waste is collected. It is best to do this 1-2 times a day, rinsing it with some odorless disinfectant (so as not to harm the birds).
Secondly, as well as for cats, you can use regular filler for keeping quails, the effect of which you will notice immediately.
Thirdly, the use of two pallets is the most effective way to control odors from birds. By placing one under the cage, you can wash the other one and put it on the street for airing.
It is especially important to do this when a wooden pallet is used, into which the smell is especially absorbed.
Simple device to combat crumbling feed
Another problem that arises when keeping quails is feed scattered around the cage. After all, these birds are very active, and are constantly looking for the best food.
At the same time, if you give them the best food - the result will be the same. Therefore, over the feeder, you can simply install a grid that will prevent the birds from being bred in it.
Thus, you will ensure not only cleanliness, but also feed savings. Such a reticulum can be made in the form of a house, which will make it possible not to take it out even when falling asleep feed.
But, of course, once a week the feeder will still have to be cleaned from the remaining husk in it.
We struggle with dust which settles in the house from compound feed
On the one hand, the easiest way to solve this problem is to feed the birds with wet mash, rather than with dry feed. But the trouble is - not always enough time to make them.
In this case, only help use of special dust collectors. They are prototypes of anthers, which are used in cars and attached to the windshield.
With all this, you can make such a device yourself: take a grid with very thick cells and stretch it on a specially prepared frame, the dimensions of which should be twice the size of the cell. If such a frame is put on the cage, it will completely absorb all the dust.
The only thing - periodically this dust will have to knock out from the frame itself.
Another advantage of using the described frame as a dust collector is that if you keep it constantly wetted, it will affect the increase in humidity. This factor is especially important for the birds themselves, which, when dry, begin to break and fall feathers.
One of the basic requirements for quail cages is its reliability. It should not have cracks, otherwise fragile birds can get hurt. In addition, the material from which the cell should be made should be practical so that it can be easily disinfected and cleaned.
An important factor will be the correct choice of location for housing. The room should be heated, there should be no drafts. It is necessary to install cages for quails on a small elevation, at least 30-40 cm from the floor. It is also important to take care of the ventilation in the room where the birds are kept, otherwise a bad smell will emanate from there. In addition, the absence of such a system will also harm quails themselves.
Placement of cells and dimensions for individuals
The most suitable for placing cells is a place along the wall. If the room does not allow to place them in this way, then you can put them as book shelves in the library - the back wall to each other. Naturally, between the rows you need to remember to leave a passage for the person who will take care of them.
To date, it is considered that the size of the cage for quail is an area of 100-120 square meters. see. There is enough space for one adult. However, people who already have experience in breeding birds recommend increasing these sizes to 150-170 square meters. see. Thus, on 1 square. m will manage to settle about 75 adult quail.
Another effective way of placing adult quail is to install the cells in tiers. However, it must be remembered that for each cage it is required to equip a feeding trough, a trough, an egg-collector and a tray to collect litter.
Standard size cage
In order to simplify the care of the bird, it is not necessary to make the cage too large. The cage for quail should be made in such a way as not to injure the bird when it tries to jump out of the dwelling. In order to save the maximum amount of space, the front wall of the product serves as a simultaneous wall and door, so it is attached to hinges, wire, etc. It is also important to understand that the size of the dwelling will depend on what breed and why it is grown quail. The design may also vary depending on these indicators. However, despite this, there is a certain standard by which you can assemble the box.
- The number of quails in one cage can reach 30 heads.
- The length of the dwelling is 100 cm.
- Width - 40 cm.
- The height of the cage is from 20 to 25 cm.
- It is necessary to equip a small slope for the floor of 8-10 degrees.
- As a floor covering, a grid with cells of 12x12 mm and a diameter of 2 mm is used.
- The egg jar should protrude approximately 10 cm, and must also have side boards.
Cages for chicks
If we consider the photo of cells for quail, then we can see that they can differ significantly from each other. The fact is that the size, material and equipment for the assembly is highly dependent on the age of the bird, on the destination, on the method of placement.
The sizes for the content of the standard adult individual have been indicated above. The cage for chicks will be very different. First, it is mandatory to have a heating system. Because of this, the cell must be divided into two parts. In one there will be a drinking bowl and a feeding trough, and in the other - a heater. The ideal place to install this type of cell would be a quiet and warm place with dim lights. In order to avoid diseases in young birds, it is very important to often clean up in it.
Types of cages for the intended purpose of the bird
In order to successfully make a cage for quails with your own hands, it is necessary to understand why birds will be kept, as much depends on it.
The first type is conventionally called the cells for layers. In such cells usually live 6-7 laying hens and 1 male. A distinctive feature in the construction of this type of cells was that they must have an inclined bottom. This will allow the demolished eggs to automatically roll into the collection tray.
The second type of cage is intended for the cultivation of meat species of these birds. Since in such dwellings there are females or males that will not be born, then the presence of an egg collector or an inclined floor is not at all necessary. The design of cells for such animals is the simplest and least expensive in terms of material means and time.
Quail cages can be single or multi-tiered.
The first type is selected if the space in the room is significantly limited. Naturally, the number of birds will be less. In this case, wood, plastic or metal mesh for quail cages are used as basic materials for manufacturing. This material is the most common to create a home, as there are a large number of different configurations.
Multi-tier structures are relevant only if it is planned to grow large livestock, close to industrial indicators. Naturally, the cells will be installed one on one, in tiers. The number of cells in one rack will directly depend on the height of the room, on the system of vital activity of birds, as well as on the dimensions of the dwelling itself. For the arrangement, wood or metal is used to create both a skeleton and cells. Below in the photo - a cage for quail from two tiers.
How to build a cage?
As in any other work, to make a cage for quail yourself, you need to have all the materials, tools, and also it is recommended to complete the drawing. It is important to note that almost all sizes can vary according to individual needs. The only parameters that cannot be changed are the distance from the floor to the upper wall, as well as the width. The most common material for the assembly of the frame is wood. After that, the design is covered with galvanized mesh on all sides. The egg jar, the feeder and the drinker can be made from a wide variety of materials, even from ordinary plastic bottles.
Plywood and plastic dwelling
It is possible to assemble a home cage for quails from plywood and plastic. Plywood or fiberboard is used as a frame, metal mesh - as the bottom. The plastic version of the cage will be made of polypropylene and can accommodate up to 50 birds. It is possible to keep in the cage of this type both rushing quails and meat breeds.
Cage for 20 heads
Since artificial housing should not hamper the movement of the bird, then the size will be larger than the standard. Durable plastic is chosen as a reliable drinker, feeder and egg collector. Virtually any plastic container can be adapted to these functions. To do this, cut one of the sides to the size of the cell. It will also require a litter tray. Here it is recommended to use sheet metal, since the lifetime is much longer. The finished cage should resemble a box with dimensions of 30x30x25 cm. One should not forget about ventilation for birds. To provide ventilation, it is possible to equip the recesses through which the necessary amount of air will come in. To provide the desired temperature and lighting, you can use special lamps.
Accommodation for 50 quail
In order to contain such a livestock of birds, it is necessary to collect a cage with a size of at least 75x150 cm if the parent flock will be kept, and 60x120 cm if it contains meat or egg breeds. The main materials most often used are the mixed components that are on hand. In addition, it will be important to manufacture dwellings in several tiers. As the frame is used a piece of wood of the desired size. For the arrangement of the ceiling, floor and walls applied mesh.
To assemble a home, you will need:
- 8 wooden bars, selected by the size of the cage, as well as 2.5 cm thick,
- grid with a small cell size and dimensions of 2x2 meters,
- nails and screws for assembling structures,
- metal corners and awnings.
Making the frame is quite simple. All that is needed is to knock together the existing wooden bars in the shape of a rectangle. Once the frame is ready, you can attach the grid to the sides. To assemble the structure and fasten the mesh, you can use both nails and screws. Тут важно отметить, что высота клеток для мясных пород птицы должна быть несколько меньше, чем высота для несущих пород.
Клетки из сетки
Изготавливать основу можно из металлических уголков. В таком случае нужно иметь детали с размерами 25х25 мм. Разъемы сеток по бокам клетки должны быть подобраны таким образом, чтобы голова птицы свободно помещалась в нее. Так как птицы не должны выпадать из клетки при ходьбе, то сетка для пола должна быть с меньшими размерами ячеек, чем для боков и потолка.
Последовательность работ следующая:
- Prepared corners for the frame. You will need 4 metal corners of 300 and 500 mm, as well as 3 copies of 700 mm. The corners are connected, after which the wooden bars are fastened with screws. Metal corners can be joined by welding or bolts.
- Next, you need to fix the sidewall. For this purpose, a grid is used, which is attached to the uneven bars with the help of a furniture stapler. It is important to install the brackets so that they are as smooth as possible, which will exclude the possibility of harm to the bird. If the stapler is not available, you can use wire.
- Next, going to the floor with a slope of 7-10 degrees. It is important to note that the length of the floor should correspond to the length of the egg-sack - about 10 cm. The end of the egg-collector bends a couple of centimeters.
- Then you can proceed to fixing the door. Its size should be such that a human hand can easily pass. It is made of mesh, for fixing using canopies.
- The last point is the assembly of the litter pan. As such an element is taken sheet piece of iron, which is enclosed below the cell. To simplify the process of cleaning, you can lay a newspaper on the metal.
Requirements and materials for them
In order for the quail to feel comfortable and carry wonderful eggs, it is necessary to build a cozy house. Its construction must begin with a draft or drawing, on which it is necessary to consider the size of the proposed dwelling and its ventilation. One of the important factors in the maintenance of quails is the thermal regime.
The material chosen for its construction will affect the area of the house. It can be plywood, plastic, wooden or mesh. The main requirements for housing quails:
- Temperature. These birds are very sensitive to temperature extremes. Ideal for them are the limits of 18-20 degrees. If the temperature is below 12 degrees and above 25, then the birds may not tolerate this for a long time. It is easiest to maintain the desired temperature in a combination cage made of mesh and plywood.
- Cell parameters. For an adult quail, a minimum of 120 cm 2 is necessary, but better when laying 170 cm 2. It turns out that 70 quails can be placed on 1m 2. If you plan to breed a lot of birds, then the cells are arranged in tiers, or so called "batteries", this technique will significantly save space.
- Filling the houses. Each cage should be equipped with a trough, a feeding trough, a removable litter collection tray and an egg picker.
What feed quails hens, you can find out by reading this article.
The video tells how to make a quail cage:
Quail birds are unpretentious, their breeding brings a substantial income., Therefore, it is worth spending once and making them comfortable houses than constantly reworking them and incurring losses. From the above proposed options for the construction of cells for quails, you can choose the optimally suitable in terms of size and conditions of detention.