Along with the breeding of chickens, you can see another bird in private yards: geese, ducks, quails, guinea fowls. All of them are designed to provide the population with meat, egg, feather, down. Blagovarskaya duck is the best way to cope with these tasks. High egg production and excellent quality meat make it beneficial for breeding in a private farm.
The breeder duck breed is a highly productive cross-country, obtained by breeders in 1998 at the Blagovarsky plant, Bashkiria. The task was to bring not only a highly productive bird, but also having a high immunity. Hybrid juveniles of bovard ducks are distinguished by a markedly increased growth energy.
- trunk - wide, raised,
- sternum - round,
- the head is small
- the beak is red-orange,
- neck - medium size, flexible,
- feet - pink, short, set wide,
- plumage is white.
A distinctive feature of the bird is its weight, which is significantly greater than that of other duck breeds.
Blagovarskaya duck was bred on the basis of the gene pool of Medeo cross lines. This is one of the best heavy cross in the world. The parental lines B-1 and B-2 themselves are distinguished by high productivity:
- B-1 - the father line. It was created on the basis of ducks of the M-1 line, the cross "Medeo". The bird is clearly expressed meat type, with a wide long body. Character calm, balanced. Egg production - up to 200 eggs (over 40 weeks) weighing 95 grams. The fertility of eggs is 89%, the yield of ducklings - 70%. By seven months, ducks gain weight in 3.3 kg, drakes - 3.4 kg. Payment of feed: per 1 kg gain - 2.8 feed. units
- B-2 - the maternal line. The bird is distinguished by well-pronounced meat forms, but they are somewhat inferior to the paternal line. The bird is mobile, active, from the B-1 it is distinguished by higher reproductive qualities. Egg production can reach 240 pieces (over 40 weeks) with an egg weight of 90 grams. Fertility of eggs - 93%, the yield of ducklings - up to 80%. By seven months, young animals gain weight: females - up to 3 kg, males - up to 3.2 kg. Payment of feed - 3 feed units for each kilogram of weight gain.
Due to such properties of the baselines, the bovar breed of ducks perfectly combines economically useful traits.
Blagovarsky ducks (see photo in the text) have the following characteristics:
- egg production for 9 months - up to 240 pieces,
- meat yield: in semi-gutted form - 86.7%, in gutted - 67.8%,
- carcass obesity - 38%
- egg weight - 90 grams
- preservation of young stock - 98% (in the first seven months),
- hatchability of ducklings - 81%,
- egg color - white,
- duck weight - 3.2 kg,
- weight of drake - 3.5 kg,
- temperament - calm,
- productivity - meat and egg,
- Payment of feed: 10 eggs - 3.3 feed. units, per 1 kg increase - 2.72 feed. units
At the age of 42 days (6 weeks) ducklings gain weight up to 3 kg. This allows you to get over the summer period twice or even three full-fledged ducks for slaughtering for meat. The bird is characterized by excellent meat qualities, high productivity at low cost of feed. Very resistant to various diseases. High yield ducklings justifies the investment. It is preferable to purchase hybrid grown or day-old ducklings in specialized farms - hatchery-poultry farms.
Blagovarskaya duck perfectly adapted to the conditions of detention on the plot. Under utyatnik can adapt almost any room. For the full content of the required fenced walking and uninterrupted supply of drinking water (in the absence of a reservoir).
She is considered the most beneficial for keeping at home. From the duck alone, over the summer period, you can without any problems get more than 100 eggs and grow at least 50 ducklings, who in a couple of months gain weight up to 3 kg. The bazaar duck, despite the relative "youth", is deservedly popular with amateur poultry farmers.
Appearance and physique
This type of duck has the following external indicators:
- feather color - white predominates,
- beak and legs are distinguished by a bright rich orange shade,
- the body of young individuals is wide and horizontal,
- general construction - large, with a long body and a developed large pectoral region,
- the neck is long and constantly stretched,
- heads are big and massive.
Cross is different calm and friendly temper. Although sometimes broilers can be quite active and mobile in the first months of life, even despite their large size. The balanced character allows individuals to adapt well to new conditions of detention and other animals. Feel good in the team, among other breeds of ducks.
Egg production, color and egg weight
Birds live quite a long time, the average life expectancy of one individual is about 20 years, but it is rarely kept for such a long time. Egg production begins in the first year of life and lasts up to 5-6 years.
Seasonal average - 240 eggs from one layer under one year old. In the second year of maintenance, rates of hens grow by 10-12%. Also, eggs obtained during this period show the best incubation qualities. The young stock bred from the eggs of the older hens grows faster than the one that is bred from the eggs of young one year old ducks. To obtain the maximum number of eggs, you need to ensure that 4 ducks each have one drake. If there are more birds, fertility will decrease. One egg weighs about 90-100 grams, has a dense, clean, white shell.
The incubation period is 28 days, but at this time it is necessary to monitor the conditions of detention and the humidity in the nest.
Mass of duck and drake, meat yield
When breeding, this cross shows the best performance: 98-100% of the fertility of eggs and 80-85% of hatchability of ducklings. At the same time, a high rate of mass gain in young ducks stands out significantly, so they are ready for slaughter at the age of 1.5-2 months.
6 weeks after the birth of the bird weighs about 3 kilograms. And at week 7, one duck shows about 3.5 kilograms, and drake - 3.7-4 kilograms of weight. It is not recommended to keep the bird further, as the weight begins to decrease, and the feed consumption remains at the same level. Therefore, this time is considered the most successful for slaughter. Meat yield is 86% with gutting in half, 68% - with complete gutting. The fat content of meat is about 35-37% of the whole carcass, it is very tasty and appreciated by breeders.
Cross proved to be beneficial for the maintenance, as it does not require any special food, and its quantity should not be very large. At the same time, if you adhere to all conditions of detention and feeding, the bird grows very quickly and has good meat quality indicators.
The first few days (up to 10 days inclusive) ducklings should be given boiled chicken eggs, after which they are transferred to meat waste (approximately on the fourth day of their life). You can gradually add small chopped greens or duckweedThis is a must, since if the duckweed is excluded, the ducks may start to hurt. In the first 10 days, the chick should receive no more than 50 grams of food per day.
It is also recommended to include in the diet and low-fat curd with chalk - With it, young animals receive the necessary minerals to strengthen the bone system. On the 10th-12th day, a small amount of potatoes, small grain waste and gravel are introduced, a small amount of salt should also be added to the food. Ducklings under the age of one month must be given milk with diluted baker's yeast (from 10 to 30 days of life). Feeding frequency - every 2.5-3 hours. From 11 to 20 days of life, young animals should receive about 160 g per day, from 21 to 30 days - 260 grams.
Also, little ducklings can be given bugs and wormsas the body needs animal proteins. By the way, the diet can be formed on the basis of a special starter feed sold in specialized stores. It is already enriched with all necessary components, vitamins and minerals.
Adults eat the same as the young, except for eggs, milk and cottage cheese. Chopped greens also need to be included in the diet, it can be mixed with the same meat waste or potatoes. The diet of adult ducks includes ground barley, oats, corn, bran and oilcake. Chalk and gravel must be given, as they help to clean the intestines. Gradually increase the amount of salt with bone meal. Feeding is best done several times, but not less than twice. An adult individual about 2 months old needs about 400 grams of feed per day.
Conditions of detention
The content of the birds is undemanding, but it is recommended to maintain cleanliness in poultry houses. The bird also does not tolerate the increased air humidity in the house, the presence of insects and sudden changes in temperature, as this may provoke the appearance of diseases. There are also no special requirements for the room, but it is desirable that each bird has enough space for living and sleeping.
Requirements for the room
There are no special requirements for a duckling or a poultry house. It is desirable that in a place where the birds will sleep and winter, there is enough light, ventilation is present (without drafts), the heating system. Warm ducks, especially small ducks, must be warm. Comfortable temperature for them - from +28 to +33 degrees, so special lamps are often placed in the house. Then the temperature is gradually reduced - to +25 degrees in the next weeks of life. The best temperature regime for adult ducks is 18. 20 degrees above zero. At 1 square meter is placed no more than 3 ducks, as they begin to grow more slowly in constraint. In the room must be placed drinkers, feeders and nests for hens. The latter should be placed freely, have sufficient height (at least 50 centimeters), stand in a shaded place. Nests are better placed remotely, at least at a distance of half a meter from each other.
As a drinker for adult ducks you can use a trough, but ducklings need automatic drinkers. It is better to choose feeders oblong and with high walls, since Ducks love not only to splash water, but also to scatter feed from feeders. For litter, you can use sawdust, peat, straw and wood chips. You need to change it quite often, at least twice a month.
Place for walking
Birds need to provide a place for walking. No special construction is required. The plot can be fenced with a meter or a half height fence, it is also desirable that the pen be partially covered with a canopy to protect the ducks from rain and sun. Well, if the pen will have access to the reservoir.
Access to water
The presence of a reservoir is very important - birds find a duckweed necessary for nutrition and health. Often ducks eat sand, which helps clean the intestines. And access to water is necessary for the birds to carry out all the water procedures and bathing. It is also a guarantee of good development and health, since without being in water, individuals rarely gain the necessary weight.
If there is no natural reservoir, then you need to build an artificial one. In extreme cases, place in the yard a few large troughs in which birds can splash.
How to endure winter cold
Ducks tolerate cold quite well, but you need to build a warm house. The temperature should not fall below 10 degrees. It is desirable with heating and a sufficient amount of straw bedding (about 5 centimeters). The bird does not tolerate drafts, so before winter you should close and warm all the cracks.
Walking on the street can be done, but not longer than a couple of hours a day. Swimming is also possible (about 15-20 minutes) if the weather is good. If the temperature drops below -10 degrees, then it is better to walk indoors or barn. Duration of daylight should be about 8 hours. Feeding is carried out three times a day, if the frost is especially strong, it is recommended to mix warm water or broth into the food.
Video: cross-country ducks
Blower ducks - one of the most suitable crosses for growing and breeding. One of the bonuses that the owner receives is high resistance to diseases and viruses, so ducks rarely get sick. They give a large number of eggs, take root well in any conditions and are easy to maintain. And their meat is very tasty, appreciated by many and considered dietary.
This duck refers to the meat type, as evidenced by its constitution. The bird is rather large and has a long and wide body, the production of which is almost horizontal. This effect is also enhanced by the long neck of the bird, which it almost always keeps stretched. The neck is crowned with a large head with a powerful beak of bright orange color. The same color and paws of the duck Blagovarsky cross. By the way, it is by their color that the health of the bird can be determined. If the paws are pale, then there are some problems.
The main color of plumage of a bovine duck is white. Ducks have a calm and balanced behavior, therefore, they can be safely kept by a large herd - no clashes and conflicts will be observed. Blazovarsky ducklings are actively growing, since already at the age of seven weeks ducks have a weight of 3.4 kilograms, and drakes - 3.7 kilograms.
Distinctive features of the paternal and maternal lines
The main feature of the bosom duck, borrowed from the paternal line, is the excellent taste and expression of meat forms. Due to this gene pool, the breed has received an active growth rate. This is especially noticeable at an early age. Minimal weight loss is observed during molting, but birds fledge very quickly and easily.
Forty weeks of the first productive cycle of a bovine duck are characterized by high rates of egg production. During this time, one bird can produce up to two hundred eggs, which have excellent fertility rates. Of the total number of eggs received from all the ducks of the herd, seventy-five percent are suitable for breeding ducklings.
In the maternal line, the bosom duck has the same qualitative characteristics as in the paternal one. Only productivity is more pronounced. According to statistics provided by the poultry farmers, in the case of keeping the ducks in the special conditions of the breeding plant for the forty weeks of the productive period, one individual can produce about two hundred and ten eggs. The maternal line has a higher fertility of eggs and overall hatchability, so the Blagovarsky ducklings appear from eighty percent of the eggs bred by representatives of the maternal line. To get ten eggs from a layer of this type, you need to spend 3.4 kilograms of feed.
Breeders working on bovine offspring have a very difficult and painstaking work to do, as they must not only preserve, but also qualitatively improve the productivity and economic utility of the bird. Since the duck Blagovarsky cross belongs to the genus Musky, control is very important for selection by several parameters simultaneously, so that the best results can be selected from the final results.
Recently, the popularity of Blagovarsky cross-country has increased, so many poultry farms and private poultry farmers began to breed it, especially since this is a very profitable business. The production of one kilogram of weight gain consumes about 2.8 kilograms of properly selected feed.
Ducks of this breed are perfectly adapted to domestic conditions. They do not need special premises, it is enough to properly equip an ordinary barn and provide a fenced walking area. The most successful solution would be to have a small body of water in the walking area, where ducks can swim, and also get the food they need for duckweed and fine sand. If there is no reservoir, then for the comfort of the birds, on the territory of the walking area, there should be several drinking troughs at the same time, which will be constantly updated during the day. Only if all of the above conditions are met, the individuals will manifest themselves in the best way the features characteristic of a particular line.
Video “Content of ducklings in GPPZ“ Blagovarsky ”
The video shows how breeding ducks are kept at the Blagovarsky Breeding Breeding Plant - the “homeland” of the Blagovarsky cross ducks.
How did the breed (cross)
Highly productive cross ducks bred in 1998. During the painstaking selection process, Bashkir genetics were able to improve the productive qualities of the original breeds: early maturity, viability, adaptability, presentation of the carcass. We managed to establish the optimal ratio of feed consumption and weight gain.
Great-bred ducks have a rich pedigree. At the base of its genealogical tree, the progenitress of most modern broilers is the white Peking duck. From it was obtained a Cherry Valley hybrid, and a double cross X-11 from a hybrid. Его генетический материал, в свою очередь, послужил основой для создания отечественного кросса Медео, от которого и произошла благоварская утка.
В скрещивании участвовали две породные линии, отцовская Благоварка-1 (Б-1) и материнская Благоварка-2 (Б-2). В результате был получен новый кросс, превосходящий по своим полезным хозяйственных качествам родителей и многие знаменитые породы.
Селекционная работа не прекращается до сих пор. According to the data provided by the bovarovskiy breeding plant, in the near future it is possible to transfer the bosommick ducks from the category of crosses to the category of rocks. In addition, on the basis of bazovar ducks, new crosses Agidel-34 and Agidel-345, recognized as breeding achievements, have already been bred.
Blagovarsky ducks are heavy meat type crosses, at the same time, they have high egg production rates.
Main economic indicators of ducks:
- live weight of six-week ducklings - 3.0 kg,
- adult drakes (8 weeks) weigh 4.4–5 kg,
- fat content in the product carcass - 38%,
- yield of edible pieces, with complete gutting of the carcass - 67.6%,
- the appearance of the carcass is excellent,
- per 1 kg of weight gain requires 2.72 feed units, per egg 3.5 feed units,
- a high percentage of egg fertility - 98%,
- the safety of ducklings - 81-83%,
- the average return for 9 months of productivity from one duck is 200-242 pieces of white eggs, with an average weight of 90-95 g,
- egg production lasts up to five years of age, the maximum life expectancy is 20 years.
Among the distinguishing features of the breed: economical feed consumption, good taste of meat, balanced temperament, a small percentage of weight loss during the period of molting puhovichkov, quick change of feather.
Remarkable. Possessing excellent production qualities, the bazaar ducks, among other things, are graceful and beautiful, they are often bred to decorate the poultry yard.
Indicators of individuals of the maternal and paternal lines are somewhat different. “Paternal” birds are heavier than “maternal” on average 200-300 g, but on the other hand, ducks of the maternal line lay 40-50 eggs more productive and have higher fertility.
Blower ducks are usually grown for meat. Most of the livestock are slaughtered upon reaching a commercial weight at the age of 60-100 days. Usually, hatching eggs or ducklings grown for breeding farms and poultry farms are bought for private farmsteads. However, the maternal herd can be grown independently.
Here you can read the recommendations of experienced poultry farmers for breeding ducks at home.
Recommended breeds of domestic ducks for breeding and maintenance in private farms here http://ferma-nasele.ru/porody-domashnix-utok.html.
Leaving the ducks to get the chicks take into account the characteristics of the breed:
- bird maturity reaches 26 weeks,
- incubation and incubation lasts 28 days,
- The ability to reproduce in ducks lasts until the age of five,
- the number of eggs laid increases by 10% by the age of two
- after the first year of laying eggs (perelok), their suitability for incubation increases, more resilient and precocious chicks hatch from eggs,
- for the high fertility of eggs, the optimum ratio is: one drake per four ducks,
- the speeding duck should not weigh less than the norm, while reducing the weight they reconsider the feeding ration,
- The percentage of ducklings born into the world increases with the natural method of breeding.
Important. With a good laying hen, the angle formed by the line of the back and the back of the abdomen approaches 90º. The duck is distinguished by fast, quick movements, good appetite.
Care for the young
Ducklings show an excellent percentage of survival.
The algorithm of care for young animals is simple, but, in order to obtain an excellent result, it must be strictly observed:
- Hatching chicks are immediately transplanted from the mother into a separate box-brooder, cages or transferred to a special compartment for the young.
- In the first 7 days the lighting in the house is maintained around the clock. On the 8th day, the duration of illumination is reduced by an hour. The break is made from 24.00 to 01.00 hours. Starting from 21 days, daylight hours should be 15 hours. As a rule, from 8.00 to 23.00. When the ducklings walk, the light can be turned off.
- Sheet paper, sawdust or straw should be clean and dry.
- Air temperature in the first 4 days in a brooder 33-35 ° C, in the room 29-32 ° C. At 5-10 days in a brooder 28-33 ° C, in a duckling 26-30 ° C. On days 11-18, 22-28 ° C and 22-25 ° C. On the 19th day, brooder chicks are turned off the “heating”, and the room is heated for 15-17 ° C for three more days, if necessary.
- Humidity in the room is maintained in the range of 65-75%.
- In the first three weeks, 13 puffs are enough for 1 m² of area, then the density per 1 m² of planting is reduced to 7-8 ducks.
- Time walking is increased gradually.
If you follow the regimen, regimen and diet, the youngsters are rapidly gaining weight, quickly fledging. For bosom ducks, a special organization and diet scheme has been developed.
It depends on the age and purpose of cultivation:
- 1-3 days ducklings give only boiled chicken eggs,
- from 4 days low fat cottage cheese, minced meat or chopped trimmings, chopped green mass, chalk powder are gradually introduced into the menu,
- for 10-30 days the ration is “diluted” with boiled potatoes, milled cereal waste, dairy products, bakery yeast, river sand or fine gravel,
- with the beginning of going on walks, ducklings are given the opportunity to eat worms, insects, greens,
- the young and the adult bird must eat the duckweed, otherwise the protective functions of the body are reduced, the digestive tract may be blocked,
- until the age of one month, puhovichkov are fed 7-8 times a day, then transferred to four meals a day,
- on reaching the age of one month, the ducklings transfer to wet, not very viscous, masses, made by broth or dairy products, ready-made cereal mixtures, table and fruit and vegetable wastes,
- young meat is fed “to the heap”, there should always be fresh food in the feeders,
- ducks laying out a special diet, they should not gain excessive weight and, at the same time, during the period of intensive laying, weight reduction below the norm is not allowed.
Important. Pukhovichkov can be fed with special industrial starter mixtures enriched with vitamin-mineral complex.
Alexandra. Blagovarochki very good. They are so fat, so healthy. All day long, splashing in the river, bursting everything: duckweed, tadpoles, even a small fish are grabbed. The meat is beautiful. Especially with lingonberry sauce.
Vera. Blagovarskie ducklings amaze with appetite. He has a horse. All the time they eat, play and run them too busy. They are clean. After each snack, the pecks in the drinking bowl are washed. Growing fast.
Rinat Blagovarki-Bashkir on the prosperity of our farm work for the third year. Outperform others in terms of weight gain, loss of safety, fecundity. The carcasses are smooth, light, almost without hemp. And the yard looks very nice. Just not a yard, but a zoo.
About the floor content of ducklings in this video will tell you the technologist of the Blagovarsky breeding plant.
Breeding poultry plant "Blagovarsky"
Characteristic of a bovar duck:
Dear visitors, save this article in social networks. We publish very useful articles that will help you in your business. Share it! Click!
Maintenance and care of ducks
Cultivation of Bashkir ducks lasts up to 2 months, in the presence of a reservoir, it is possible to extend the period to 100 days. For quality meat you need to organize good care and conditions of detention.
Blower ducklings in the yard of a private house
At home, growing birds in the summer season is not a big expense. Ducks need shelter from the rain, overnight stay and territory for walking. On 1 square. m. can accommodate three individuals, if there is not enough space, the bird slows down growth.
Do not forget that the cross ducks belong to the family of waterfowl, the presence of a river, pond or artificial reservoir reduces the cost of feed. The favorite delicacy of the bird is river duckweed. On the walking yard there must be drinkers with clean water, in which ducks can clean their beaks and feathers.
Engaging in the cultivation of the Dovar cross of ducks in the garden is quite a profitable occupation, which allows you to provide yourself with a natural product.
Poultry meat is distinguished by its taste and tenderness, and its high growth rate makes it possible to reduce the cost of feed. Carcasses are large and have a presentation. The high fertility of eggs allows you to display a sufficient number of young.
Have you ever experienced unbearable joint pain? And you know firsthand what it is:
- inability to move easily and comfortably,
- discomfort when going up and down stairs
- an unpleasant crunch, a crack not at will,
- pain during or after exercise,
- inflammation in the joints and swelling,
- unreasonable and sometimes unbearable aching pain in the joints.
And now answer the question: does it suit you? Is it possible to endure such pain? And how much money have you already “leaked” to ineffective treatment? That's right - it's time to stop with this! Do you agree? That is why we decided to publish an exclusive interview with Professor Dikul, in which he revealed the secrets of getting rid of joint pain, arthritis and arthrosis.
Read the interview.