Endysheva Natalia Mikhailovna, Junior Researcher, Institute of Horticulture of Siberia. M. A. Lisavenko:
- It is worth starting with the removal of dead and old shoots, since in the future they will only interfere. At the same time use for cutting necessary sharp scissors.
Further, without fail it is necessary top dressing. It is this plant that fills plants with components that influence the rapid development of flowers. This can be horse or cow dung, which is scattered around peonies and lightly sprinkled with a flower mixture of fertilizers (potassium, phosphorus, a small amount of nitrogen), and then instilled with 3/4 bayonet spade. Then the soil around the bush loosened and poured on top of a layer of humus in 3 - 5 cm.
In addition, you can use ashes (mainly in summer), purchased fertilizers, liquid top dressing (infusion of mullein with admixture of potash fertilizers in the amount of 20-25 g and phosphoric 40-50 g per bucket, at the rate of 2 liters per bush). But salt additives is better not to apply.
It is recommended to repeat this procedure at least once every 2 months - it is important to apply fertilizer in early spring, then in early May and always in early June.
Young plants can hardly be fertilized. Since the first year after planting implies lightweight dressings.
However, it is necessary to water and loosen the earth around them regularly. By the way, spring water is especially necessary for peonies, as well as at the beginning and end of summer, when buds of renewal are formed. But we can not allow the water near the plant stood for a long time.
Loosening is a very important agrotechnical technique that contributes to the preservation of soil moisture and weed control. It also improves the access of air to the soil and thus accelerates the development of microorganisms useful for plants. But note: the ground near the bush of peonies is loosened about a radius of 50 cm to a depth of about 5 cm. This should be done carefully so as not to damage the bush.
No less important in the spring care of peonies disease prevention, which is to do immediately after the onset of the first heat.
Particular attention should be paid to peonies that develop on too wet and acidic soils. Here, plants can be attacked by various kinds of mold. Late blight, or brown rot, is also considered a dangerous enemy of pions. The fact that the plant is affected by the fungus is indicated by the darkening of the leaves, spots on them and rotting of the root.
To prevent peony diseases, spray them with copper sulfate solution. This requires about 100 g of copper sulfate and 10 liters of water. After such processing, such misfortunes are not terrible for you.
Spraying should be carried out at least twice - before flowering and immediately after it. And when planting new plants in the solution is recommended to lower the roots of flowers. If the fungus does appear, the number of sprays should be increased.
However, there are other preventive methods to avoid the development of diseases of pions.
One of them is to spray the plants in early spring with a solution of manganese. Manganese well disinfects bushes, and in addition stimulates the active development of the plant. Also, the solution has a beneficial effect on the quality of the soil, killing a lot of pathogenic bacteria. For two large peony bushes, usually 2 - 3 g of manganese diluted in 10 liters of water is enough.
It is important to remember that after spraying, it is necessary to loosen the soil thoroughly so that the solution does not remain only on the surface. Otherwise, the procedure will not be as effective.
Peonies care and reproduction. How to care for peonies in the garden.
This is the easiest way. In the period from mid-August to mid-September, carefully dig out the rhizome. Then divide so that each piece of rhizome has at least 3 buds, shorten old roots and plant each new plant in a prepared place. If, during the division of the rhizome, pieces with 1 or 2 buds are broken off, then these rhizomes can also be rooted, but it will be necessary to grow the plants carefully caring for them.
Due to the strong soil moisture, deep shade, oppression by strong and too close-planted plants. (Must be transplanted at the end of August)
So, the favorable landing period of the pion for the middle lane has been missed. The problem is that the roots begin to develop in the autumn after a period of dormancy, and the renewal buds begin to actively grow in the ground still under melting snow. When it becomes possible to plant a purchased peony in the spring, shoots from peonies growing in the garden already reach 15 cm or more. That is, the sooner you plant a peony in spring, the better. Of course, do not plant a green plant under the snow! I do the following: I plant in pots with earth and put it in a room at a temperature of +2 degrees, and if sprouts appear, I urgently provide the plant with good lighting and take care of it like a indoor plant until I can plant it in the garden.Terry peonies (stamens are not visible because of the petals) are divided into subgroups:
1 feeding is carried out in early spring over snow or wet ground. 10-15 g of urea and 10-20 g of potassium sulfate are scattered around the bush.
In the spring after the appearance of the first peony sprouts, the soil should be carefully loosened. It is important not to damage the young buds that have come out of the ground. It is recommended to loosen the soil to a depth of no more than 5 cm. When peony stems rise higher above the ground, more deep loosening is possible. This agrotechnical reception provides the root system with oxygen and better penetration of moisture and nutrients. Do not forget to loosen the soil after watering and rain.
Foliar top dressing
Introduce the first two dressings, as described above. If the plant is planted too shallow or too deep, then flowering will be weak. In a properly planted bush, the distance from the buds on the roots to the surface of the earth is no more than 4–5 cm. The distance between the bushes must be at least 80 cm in order for the reproduction of pions to be successful.
- Dug out rhizomes to shake off the ground.
- Grassy Peony is familiar to everyone since childhood: perhaps there was no such infield where the huge red and white pompons of these amazing colors would not show off. What do you need to these plants like and in your garden? How to care for peonies in the garden?
- 2 Propagation of pions by layering.
- Plant too deeply or too finely planted
The best soil for peony is considered loamy, of course, with good drainage and quite wet. Peonies are demanding of moisture, but do not tolerate stagnant moisture. On peaty soils it is best to completely replace the soil in the planting pit. Peonies love the sun, but a plot with a light shade will also do. Peony roots reach a meter in length, so you need to dig out a large landing hole, at least 60-70 cm in diameter and in depth. Remember that when planting laid decorative and health peony for many years. The distance of pions from each other must be at least one meter. If on your site the groundwater is shallow from the ground, then the hole must be dug deeper and drainage should be made. 2/3 of the pit fall asleep with good earth with the addition of compost, 250 gr. superphosphate, 200 gr. potassium sulfate. For acidic soil, slaked lime is added 250 gr. on the bush. 1/3 of the pits (upper part) are covered with good soil without fertilizers (about 20 cm). It is necessary to plant the rhizome so that there are 5 cm above the buds on the soil on loamy soils or 7 cm on the lungs. It should be noted that the ground in the pit will shrink. If the buds go to a depth of more than 20 cm, then the peony will not bloom. The earth is compressed gently, the plant is watered and mulched (preferably with compost). In the first year, pay close attention to the plant, water it during drought, cover the soil for the winter. It is advisable not to give peony for 2 first years.
- crown peonies (composed of 3 tiers).
- 2 feeding is needed during the formation of buds. A solution of 10 g of carbamide, 10-15 g of potassium sulfate or potassium chloride and 15-20 g of superphosphate is used.
- Mulch peonies with humus, compost, bark. The purpose of mulching is to protect the peonies from the sun, keep the soil moist, keep the soil cool and prevent soil erosion.
Foliar top dressing of pions is done by spraying the leaves with a solution of complex mineral fertilizer. And the smaller droplets when spraying, the greater the effect will be from this procedure. Spraying is carried out in the evening or in cloudy weather, when the stomata open at the plants. For better absorption of fertilizer, you can add a little soap or laundry detergent to the solution. In this way it is very good to feed young plants once a week, starting from the second week of May.
Install garden support for flowers.
They planted what's next. How to care for peonies.
Cut weak and rotten tubers.Peony genus includes more than 30 species that grow in temperate and subtropical climate of Eurasia and North America. Almost all of them are grassy perennial bushes. But there is a separate group of tree peonies from the southern regions of China. They are represented by shrub or semi-shrub species. However, these delicate plants are less adapted to our climate and will require you to care.
In the spring, a box of 50 by 50 cm and a height of 35 cm is placed on the bush. It is 35 cm high. With the growth of shoots add land in layers of 5 cm (humus + peat) The soil in the box should always be wet. Peony develops as usual, but with a delay of several days. At the same time, additional roots and buds of renewal are formed on the stems. In the fall, from mid-August to mid-September, it is necessary to cut the stems under new buds and plant them in a nursery for growing.
Excess nutrients, the plant is overfed. May have to wait a long time. In this state, the plant is prone to various diseases,
In books, tips on caring for peonies vary. Some write that it is necessary to feed peonies the next year after planting, others advise the first 3-4 years not to feed the plants if fertilizers are introduced into the planting pits. I think that if the earth is loamy and the peony is properly planted with the addition of fertilizers, then it is not necessary to feed the first 4-5 years. I know this from my own experience, peonies are actively growing, blooming magnificently and becoming more and more beautiful every year. If the ground is light and nutrients are easily washed out of it, then additional care is logical from the second year after planting. Like all plants, peonies first need to be watered well and only then fed. The first time is fed in early spring with Nitrophoska, the second dressing is carried out at the bud stage, and the third after flowering (potassium sulfate 15 g. + Superphosphate 25 g. Per 10 liters of water). In dry weather, peonies are not watered often, but plentifully (3 buckets per bush). Be sure to loosen the top layer of the earth and remove weeds. To prevent peony diseases, it is necessary to spray 1% Bordovskoy liquid:
- hemispherical peonies (at full disclosure they look like a ball).
3 fertilizing is done 2-3 weeks after flowering in order to stimulate new renewal buds. For feeding use a solution with 10-15 g of potash fertilizer and 15-20 g of phosphate.
Weeds are distributors of many plant diseases. Therefore, timely weeding is a preventive measure that protects peonies from infection.
- Mature plants also respond very well to foliar feeding. They are carried out three times per season with an interval of three weeks thus: urea - urea + mineral fertilizers - mineral fertilizers. Why exactly? At the beginning of growth, the plants need nitrogen contained in urea, during the period of budding nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, nitrogen is no longer needed during the budding of renewal, therefore urea is excluded from feeding.
- Care for peonies after flowering.
- If you have correctly prepared a landing hole and correctly planted the plants, then taking care of peonies during the season will be minimal. The first two years, peonies need only weeding, loosening and watering. When well-filled soil plants can be fed, starting from the third year after planting.
To divide the rhizomes logically, so that each delenka has enough roots and stems, and there is no need to cut something on purpose. Share as you gardening experience suggests. When dividing, as a rule, a large number of unequal delenok is formed.
Peonies care and reproduction. The components of success.
3 Reproduction of pions by cuttings.
Too acidic soil. The reaction should be neutral 6.5 - 7. When the index is below 6 pH, the liming is necessary,
- in early spring against gray mold,
- rose-like peonies (similar to a rose).
Microfertilizers are also useful for the growth and flowering of plants. It should be remembered that fertilizer for pions on dry land is impossible. The root system can get burned, causing the death of perennials. Fertilizer can be applied only after watering.
Top dressing of peonies: small tricksTop dressing of peonies in the spring organic fertilizers
The main task after flowering is to let the bush rest and gain strength before wintering. After flowering, renewal buds are laid at the base of the stems, and the quality of peony blossoms next season depends on how much the plants are provided with moisture, nutrition and just your attention. Therefore, we need pruning peonies after flowering.
How to care for peonies. GoFor planting, select those that have 3 - 5 buds and the same, shortened to 10 -12 cm of roots. Compared to large nests, such young growth will actively grow the root system and will develop harmoniously. Larger delenki are prone to the formation of new buds without creating a good root system. After a couple of years, these bushes will begin to weaken and as a result will begin to bloom poorly.
Compared to them, traditional herbaceous peonies (Peonia lactiflora) will delight you with flowering, with almost no need of care.
2 weeks before flowering early in the morning, a cutting of a leaf near the ground is cut with a very sharp knife. Stalk taken from the bottom or middle part. An oblique cut is made below the lower sheet after 1.5 cm. (The sheet is cut off), and the upper cut is made above the top sheet through 1.5 cm. (The upper sheet is shortened by 1/3). From one stalk you can cut 2 cuttings. The cuttings are placed in water with a root formation stimulator for 1 day. Then we plant in a greenhouse (boxes, where the bottom layer is 30 cm. Ground + 10 cm. Of sand). Plant at an inclination of approximately 45 degrees so that the place of the bottom sheet (which is removed) is in the sand. Leaflets should not touch each other! The greenhouse is closed, the first days are shaded and the cuttings are sprayed for 2 weeks 2 times a day. After rooting, the greenhouse is gradually opened. In winter, the leaves are cut, covered and left these plants in the greenhouse. Not all varieties can be rooted in this way.
The leaves were cut early last year,- after flowering from leaf spot.
- semi-lobular (like rose-like, but in the middle, stamens are visible).
How and when the peonies are cut after flowering.
Standard dimensions of the landing pit should be at least 80 x 80 cm, the depth is the same. Large sizes are needed to ensure the future area of root nutrition - in an adult peony they can go to a depth of 50 cm, and 80 cm wide.
Herb peonies are long-lived plants that do not require frequent transplantation or division of the bush. At one place they can live and prosper for years and even decades. Therefore, choose a place for this plant carefully so that you do not have to replant it once again. The most suitable will be sunny corners of the garden or areas with diffused penumbra. In very dark places you will not wait for abundant flowering, and the bushes will grow poorly. Not suitable for them and open to all winds, blown exposure. Ideally, peonies are planted at a distance of 2 to 3 meters from the nearest buildings and under the cover of large shrubs that will protect plants from prevailing winds.
A great drought last year
In the autumn, when the first frosts take place and the bush falls apart, it is necessary to cut the leaves at ground level and burn them. Since the growth of rhizomes of pions occurs from above, each year the rhizome approaches the level of the soil and the buds may be on the surface, which threatens to freeze them. Therefore, in the autumn look at your peonies and, if necessary, spud the bush.
- Japanese (up to 2 rows of petals, and in the center there are very narrow petals, modified stamens).
- Adult spreading bushes of plants should be tied up. This is especially true for peonies with a terry flower shape. Heavy buds and flowers can cause lodging of the bush, especially during wind and rain. At the same time, the central part of the bush is exposed, which dries out or becomes over-humidified depending on weather conditions. This may cause the death of the plant. Many growers practice fencing of wooden pegs tied with a rope around the bushes, which maintains the shape of the bush and prevents it from disintegrating.
- Peonies are watered in a dry summer. Flowers like abundant watering, but not frequent. В жару рекомендуется поливать кусты вечером раз в 10 дней. Норма полива – 30 л на взрослый куст пиона. Поливу следует уделять больше внимания во время обильного роста, бутонизации и цветения пионов в начале лета. В июле-августе, когда идет закладка цветочных почек на следующий год, также следует не забывать о поливе.
- Прикорневая подкормка пионов минеральными удобрениями
Обрезать нужно все отцветшие соцветия. Делают это в середине июня. Then they remove the fallen petals on the ground, so as not to provoke fungal diseases.
This method is complex and is used for the selection of pions. Seeds characterized by a deep rest period. The seeds are sown in the fall, and in the first summer a root develops inside the seeds, but in order for the root to hatch, a second freezing period is necessary. With this method of reproduction, seedlings need about five years to bloom.
- Lack of nutrition, extremely poor soil,
- Often asked the question: "Why does not the peony bloom?" The following reasons are possible:
- - anemone-like peonies (transitional form from Japanese to terry, where the center is filled with narrow petals that are wider and shorter than the Japanese).
- Peony is a beautiful perennial plant that is very popular in our gardens. Peony is decorative not only during flowering, but also after, thanks to the carved leaves and the beautiful structure of the bush. All that is written in this article refers to grassy peonies, the ground part of which dies off with the onset of cold weather.
- To contents ↑
- Top dressing with mineral fertilizers at the root is carried out three times per season, starting from the end of March and beginning of April, when fertilizer granules can be scattered right in the snow. They will dissolve in the melt water and be absorbed into the soil - the goal will be achieved. In the summer, the fertilizer is also spread on the soil at the roots, trying not to touch the neck of the bush. Previously, the soil is watered, and after applying fertilizer, the surface is sprinkled with another layer of earth and compacted.
- Care in the summer is watering, especially during dry periods. The lack of moisture during this period will lead to the laying of weak flower buds, and, consequently, to a weak flowering in the future. Produce a third fertilizing mineral water in August, as described above.
- The key to growing peonies is watering. It is especially important to ensure sufficient soil moisture in May and July, when the plants are actively growing and renewal buds are laid. If the weather is dry, then 10 to 15 liters of water can be poured into each bush once a week. To preserve moisture in the soil, the pristvolny circle is mulched with mowed grass or ground chips.
- 250 grams of superphosphate,
These perennials do not tolerate high groundwater, their thick rhizomes begin to rot in overmoistened soil, so when choosing a site for planting, make sure that your planting will not be flooded with spring floods.
Place and rules of landing peony.
There is a classification of the flowering period, the height of the bush, the nature of use (park, universal, cut-off). By color, they can be divided into white, pink and red. But there are a huge number of shades, for example, in England it is customary to determine the color on the RHS color scale, where there are 808 color options.
Care for peonies.
Peony belongs to the peony family. In the world, there are 45 known species of peonies, but modern varieties come, as a rule, from a medicinal peony and a milky-flowered peony, there are hybrid varieties of thin-leaved peony, etc. The flowering periods of different varieties and groups are different. Garden classification of grassy peony due to the structure of the flower:
- If, as it should, fill the landing hole with organic and mineral fertilizers when planting plants, then within 3-4 years the peonies will be provided with nutrients. In the future, the plants need feeding.
- Feeding Peonies with Bread
How to care for peonies in the fall.
Why the peony does not bloom?
It is especially important to mulch plantings in the event that you do not have the opportunity to often appear in the garden. By the way, maintaining a certain layer of mulch will also save you from frequent weeding of the bushes, since weeds like to crawl in the very middle of the pion's nests, and getting them out is almost impossible. In this case, I can use neat brush strokes with a solution of "Roundup" on the leaves of a dandelion or tear off.
- 250 grams of potassium or ash.
- Reproduction and care of peonies in the country.
- Author: Alla Smirnova / www.zwet.ru
- There are several ways to multiply pions:
- The plant is very old and requires rejuvenation (division and transplantation) for a long time,
- It is necessary to consider two options for planting a peony, since in our stores peonies are sold, as a rule, in the spring.
- Non-terry peonies (up to 2 rows of petals),
- For the development and growth of the root system, pions require potassium-phosphate fertilizers, and in the period of active growth and laying of flowers, nitrogen fertilizers are needed. It is important to remember that you can not get involved in nitrogen fertilizers, because they increase the growth of green mass and can suspend the appearance of flowers.
- Bread fertilizer is one of the best for peony in spite of the fact that it belongs to popular recipes. It is harvested in the following way: half a loaf of rye bread or crusts remaining after a meal is soaked in cold water and allowed to brew for half a day so that the mass is swollen. After that, it is diluted with a bucket of water and the plants are watered with this composition at the beginning of the growing season.
- Caring for peonies in the fall is simple. At the end of the season, but not earlier than the beginning of October, it is possible to cut off old foliage with cordless garden shears and burn it. It is not recommended to leave it on plantings, as the leaves may become a breeding ground for fungal infections. If you have to cover for the winter planting, then for this you can use rotten compost, which spud plants. In the spring, raking off the ground, be careful not to damage the fragile shoots. Especially carefully work with young landings.
- How to care for peonies in spring:
Do not use mineral complexes with a high nitrogen content to feed peonies in the fall, so as not to provoke the growth of new shoots for the winter and the weakening of the bush.
I am glad to you! Thank you for visiting the site! My name is Alla. Hobby - gardening and everything connected with it.
1. Reproduction of pions by dividing rhizomes.
After transplanting and dividing mistakes were made (many eyes, but almost no roots, or vice versa), wait, bloom,
The best time to plant a peony is in the middle lane from mid-August to mid-September. At this time, the growth of the ground part of the pion stops, the buds of renewal, which will grow into growth in spring, are fully formed, but the process of formation of small roots has not begun. The plant is at rest. At this time, you can dig and divide adult plants. If you had to plant a peony later, be sure to cover it for the winter. In this case, the roots will be formed only in the spring, and the peony will bloom a year later. And if the spring happens to be hot and dry, then during late planting you will have to water the plant regularly.
Semi-double peonies (from 3 rows of petals and more, stamens are clearly visible),
During the spring-summer season, peonies should be fertilized with fertilizer three times:
As you can see, the feeding of peonies in general is not much different from the fertilizer of other garden flower crops. It is important only to comply with the regime and correctly select the composition for feeding, and then your garden peonies will surely delight you every season with lush greenery and long-lasting luxurious flowering.
Peony is a stunningly beautiful blooming perennial ornamental garden culture. Unlike many flowers, which need to be transplanted every few years, peonies can grow in the same place without a transplant for decades. Luxurious inflorescences of peonies can be colored as delicate, pastel, and bright, rich. They rather long keep on a bush and in cut. The lush leaves of peonies decorate the backyard all season, becoming purple in the fall. Of course, like all garden flowers, peonies love “yummy”, that is, various top dressing. Top dressing of pions is carried out during the whole season and can be both foliar and root. Let's talk about each form in more detail.
Remove covering material, remove the remnants of last year’s foliage,
Optimally, if you prepare a place for planting in advance, for 2 - 3 weeks, so that the settling soil does not ruin the new plants. Only after that you can start landing.
The most suitable time when you can plant peonies, the time for division, reproduction and transplantation of pions in central Russia and Moscow region lasts from mid-August to late September. Spring is less favorable: the buds start early in growth and are easily damaged during division.
Choosing a place for landing pions
Peonies are perennial plants and can to grow in one place for many years. It is important when planting pions in open ground to follow certain requirements:
- ponies should not be planted along the fences and walls of buildings, they love space,
- Avoid too dark areas, peonies do not tolerate shade,
- Peonies should be planted in areas protected from the wind.
Peonies do not tolerate shade, but they should not be planted in the scorching sun. In the shadow of the flowers will be drawn, become small, and then completely stop blooming. In the sunny area they will start to burn out much, which will not have the best effect on the plant. The best place is a slightly shaded area.
How to plant peonies in the spring at the cottage
When growing peonies in the open field, you need to know what kind of soil this flower prefers. They are very fond of nutrient rich, loose and permeable soil. One of the important conditions is also the softening of the soil with the help of peat or humus.
If the soil at the dacha is too sandy it is advisable to make some clay.
Before planting the bush can not make fresh manure, it will negatively affect the plant, its growth and development.
Planting peonies in open ground is best in the fall, although planting is possible in the spring. Before planting the plant in the ground it must be dipped in a solution of heteroauxin. Prepare the solution as follows: in 10 liters of water you need to dissolve two tablets of the drug, clay and add fifty grams of copper sulphate. The solution must be well stirreduntil smooth. In this structure, you need to dip the roots of the plant and dry.
To plant a pion, it is necessary to dig a small hole fifty centimeters deep and eighty in diameter, so that when planting, the buds are 3-5 centimeters above ground level. At the bottom of the pit, it is desirable to pour a broken brick, or crushed stone. Then you need to pour a little earth with manure. You can also add wood ash and potash phosphate fertilizers.
Prepared seedlings need to be released into the hole, after straightening his roots. In this case, the roots must be directed down. Top roots need to sprinkle with earth and mulch. After planting, an important step is watering the plants; ten liters of water are needed for each bush. The soil after irrigation may settle, so it will be necessary to fill it.
Propagation of pions by cuttings and by dividing the bush
When caring for pions division can be done in three ways:
- or by dividing the bush.
Reproduction by dividing the bush is the easiest. For this you need dig up the rhizome from mid-august and until mid-September, and divide it so that each piece has at least three buds. Old roots should be shortened, and new plants should be planted in the holes prepared in advance.
With the method of propagation by cuttings, two weeks before the expected flowering, in the morning near the ground, cut the leaf stalk with a sharp knife.
It is best to take a cutting from the bottom or middle part. Taking a 1.5 cm section below the bottom sheet, a cut is made; from the top, a cut is made on the same way.
From one stem cutl more than two cuttings is not desirable. They need to be placed in water, with the addition of the drug for the formation of roots and leave it for one day. After this, the cuttings must be planted in a box, it will replace the greenhouse. In the box pre-pour the ground, 30 cm thick, and on top of 10 cm of sand. Cuttings are planted under a slope of 45 degrees. It is necessary to ensure that the leaves of planted cuttings do not touch each other. Planted cuttings close, and shade a few days. During the first two weeks, the cuttings are sprayed twice a day. After they are rooted, the greenhouse can begin to open gradually. In winter, the leaves must be cut, the greenhouse is covered and left so for the winter.
During the reproduction of the bush layers in the spring they put a box on it without a bottom. The size of the box is 50 by 50 cm and the height is about 35 cm. As the shoots grow, you need to fill the box 5 cm in the box. The soil in the box should be wet all the time. As the peony develops, new buds and roots are formed. From August to mid-September, you need to cut the stems under the new buds and plant them in a greenhouse. Then care is to properly cover the greenhouse for the winter.
Top dressing of peonies in the spring
It is necessary to make mineral fertilizers several times.
- The first feed.After thawing of snow, nitrogen-potassium fertilizers are applied (no more than 10-15 g of nitrogen per plant, potassium — no more than 10-20 g). Nitrogen will ensure the growth of green mass of leaves, potassium will increase the strength of tissues and improve the quality of flowering.
- Second feeding carried out with the appearance of buds. During this period, apply complex fertilizer, including nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in equal quantities of 45 g per bush. Phosphorus will ensure rhizome growth.
- Third dressingbring after flowering, it usually happens in the summer. This feeding will provide a bookmark of new buds, including flower for the next year. Only phosphorus and potassium, 15 g each, are added to this addition, without nitrogen fertilizers.
One week after the first feeding, organic fertilizers can be applied. The most economical and efficient is fermented nettle, rich in vitamins A, B, K, E, phytoncides, organic acids.
Good results are given by foliar top dressing with preparations consisting of microelements: manganese, boron, molybdenum, iron, zinc, copper. With this treatment, the leaves of the plant are carefully sprayed with a solution from the outside.
Why do not peonies bloom?
Inexperienced growers often ask this question. There can be several reasons:
- Incorrect landing depth. Plant a peony should be no deeper than 3 cm from the soil surface.
- Bad choice landing sites. The flower does not like thick shadow and low marshy areas.
- Aging bush. Peony grows in one place up to 25 years, but after 12 years the intensity of flowering is noticeably reduced, the bush needs to be divided and transplanted.
- Frequent peony transplant. The peony root system has been growing for 4 years. Only after this age can we expect abundant flowering. After two years of transplantation, it is necessary to remove flower buds in order for the bush to fully take root and develop.
In any business, the main thing is love. Love peonies, take care of them, and they will respond with long and lush blooms!
Do you like peonies? Tell or share in the comments your secrets of caring for this incredibly beautiful flower.
This event has a universal “recipe”: remove the shelter from the pions, when the snow finally disappears from the site, the night frosts will disappear and the stable positive temperature will be established. Open the bushes is graduallyby first letting them just get used to the temperature.
In order to form young buds, unaccustomed to the sun did not get burned, hold the disclosure in cloudy weather, and then for the first time pritenite bushes.
Inspection of bushes after winter
By removing the covering material, you will see sprouted red buds, which are still very vulnerable. Last year's dried shoots may also remain if you cut the bush is not low enough. Such dry stems worth cuttingso that the newly formed shoots can grow freely. They must also be optimally cleaned from weeds and hardened land around the plantation.
The root of both the grassy and tree peony lies quite deep, and to help the water, oxygen and fertilizing easily get to the destination, it is necessary to thoroughly dry the ground before watering.
It should be done very carefully, just as splayed kidneys are very vulnerable to the slightest mechanical damage. Careful and regular loosening over time will help form a moisture-retaining layer of soil, which will contribute to reducing the regularity of irrigation.
Also, be sure to loosen the ground after the rains, so that the crust of the earth, which is formed at the same time, does not interfere with the access of oxygen to the root.
Immediately after removing the shelter, the kidneys need a fairly abundant watering. According to the rules of plant care, before the first dressing in spring, the soil under the future bush of pions should be well watered beforehand. DFurther watering is carried out, though rarely, but abundantly., as at the stage of vegetative maturation the plant requires a lot of water for growth.
The first top dressing of pions after winter consists in applying fertilizers to the near-root area. It is up to you to choose the fertilizer of a bush, because the choice is quite wide: bird droppings, mullein solution, humus, as well as various mineral fertilizers. In liquid form, you can make a solution of potassium permanganate.
Before flowering, peonies should be fed with ammonium nitrate at the rate of 15 g of nitrate per 10 liters of water, and when the plant grows, water the foliage of the peony with mineral fertilizers. Не скатываться подкормкам с листьев сразу в грунт помогает добавление в растворы одной столовой ложки стирального порошка или мыльной стружки.
Кусты пионов во время цветения прогибаются под тяжестью завязавшихся бутонов, поэтому в этот период необходимо позаботиться о подпорках для кустов. Для этого можно использовать деревянные пруты, согнутые в арку, пластиковую или металлическую арматуру. Если вы начинающий садовод и с таким столкнулись впервые и внезапно, то стебли You can temporarily heap tie.
Despite the fact that the peony has a rather razorous shrub and leaves create a shadow near the root area, the young plant needs additional mulch. Retaining moisture is especially necessary after applying supplements. As mulch, you can use tree bark, sawdust, hay, large stones. For peonies, it is best to use stones: this will also serve as a decor.
Usually, 2-3 prophylactic treatments are carried out with an interval of one and a half to two weeks: the first is watering when buds appear, the next two are spraying the plants with one of the solutions given below. Often, the stems and leaves suffer from rust, gray rot, brown leaf spot and powdery mildew, and it is these diseases that can ruin a whole shrub in a matter of days.
Ants can also cause a lot of damage to pions: the aphid they spread can ruin not only the bud buds, but also the harvest of adjacent flower beds. From diseases and pions of pions most often use the following means.
- solution of copper sulphate (50-70 grams per 10 liters of water),
- Bordeaux liquid (100 g of copper sulphate and 75 g of quicklime to 10 liters of water),
- Burgundy liquid (100 g of copper sulphate and 75 g of soda per 10 liters of water),
- spraying with 0.6-0.7% solution of copper oxychloride.
- a mixture of boric acid and honey (2 tablespoons of honey are diluted in a small container and a tablespoon of boric acid) are placed directly under the shrub,
- cut onion near the bush,
- a mixture of lime, soda and ash (fall asleep anthill),
- ready chemical solutions.