Flower cheflera considered tropical, so it grows well on the bright windowsill and indoors. It is not recommended to put it in the sun so that the leaves do not lose their decorative appearance from sunburn. In the summer, the chefs can be taken out on the street or put on the balcony. In winter, it should be left alone, so the pot with it is better to rearrange it in a cool room and reduce watering.
Like all tropical plants, sheflera prefers moist air. In this regard, there is a need in the summer to spray it more often. In winter, the radiators dry the air very much, so wet pebbles should be placed near the plant.
Caring for a chef at home does not present any particular difficulties, as it looks at first glance. This flower will be a great decoration of the room, if you follow the simple rules:
- do not pour water during watering,
- prevent complete drying of the ground,
- don't keep it in a dark corner
- create a space for growth around.
Methods of breeding cheflers: cuttings and seeds
There are several ways to grow a plant. The most common is with cuttings. It is not easy to achieve the appearance of roots, so the stalk is located in the root growth stimulator for about 6 hours. At this time, it is necessary to prepare a pot, on the bottom of which it is desirable to put a thin layer of drainage and a soil consisting of a mixture of peat and river sand. After the time expires, the stalk is put in a pot and covered with a glass.
Capacity with the plant must be put on a warm and bright window sill, where the air temperature should not fall below 22-25 degrees Celsius. Sometimes it is desirable to open the jar to air the flower cheflera, a photo of which is located below. You can also spray it with a spray bottle. Water must be warm.
Reproduction by seeds is considered another way. To do this, they are purchased in the flower shop, treating with epin or potassium permanganate. It is planted in soil consisting of peat and sand, to a depth of about 15 centimeters in moist ground, covered with glass on top. After the emergence of seedlings, they are looked after, as well as the cuttings. Wherein:
As soon as the sprouts grow about 10 centimeters, they are transplanted into separate containers.
As the flower grows, it is necessary to plant it in a larger pot. How to care for the chef during the transfer? To do this, remove it together with a lump of earth and transplant it into a container that is 3 cm larger in diameter. Such transshipment must be done every 2 or 3 years. After transplantation, the plant is desirable to water well.
Pests and diseases cheflers
Florists often have a question, why does a chef leaf shed leaves? Like most plants, this flower is subject to various diseases. When the chef drops leaves, the cause of such trouble is growing indoors with increases in humidity and excessive watering, which causes the roots to rot. An indicator will be the resulting dark spots on the leaves. When reducing watering, the plant again becomes saturated green. But just in case, you need to check the status of the roots.
In addition, the plant is attacked by harmful insects: thrips, spider mites, scale insects. What to do if the chef drops leaves due to pest attack? To combat them, it is necessary to use various chemicals: karbofos, fitoverm and others.
If the chef drops leaves and they begin to turn yellow, there may be several reasons. One of them is poor lighting. Therefore, it is desirable to rearrange the plant to another place where there is more light. Another reason why leaves fall off the chefs can be ticks, which are usually hidden under the leaves.
Observing the rules of cultivation and recommendations, you can get a beautiful plant that can always please with its appearance.
How to care for the chef at home
Good afternoon, dear readers! Let's talk about the beauty with palmate leaves - cheflere.
In a chefler, the plane of each sheet is as if cut into 7-12 parts. For this reason, the plant is sometimes called an umbrella tree. The color of the leaves may be green and even over the entire surface, or with whitish-yellowish stains and spots.
There is also a variety of this plant with variegated leaves. Does sheflera bloom? Room - extremely rare, although it is possible, especially if the care for the chef at home will be correct. So how to care for her?
Lighting and temperature
Homeland cheflers are tropics, and therefore for its normal development requires a lot of light. Of course, sunburn is undesirable. Keep a pot with this flower on the east or west side of the apartment. Sheflera is afraid of drafts, but needs good air circulation. Therefore, the room in which this flower grows, often air.
Sheflera does not tolerate heat. The best air temperature for it is 18-22 degrees. If you want to have a healthy plant, in the summer often turn on the air conditioner. In this case, the flower can not be placed under the flow of cold air. Experienced growers know that an umbrella tree grows best in air-conditioned rooms.
Sheflera loves a lot of light, and variegated varieties require more light than varieties with green leaves. With a lack of light, the bush begins to fade. For the winter, this flower should be moved to the windowsill on the south side of the apartment. However, in winter the plant can be additionally illuminated with a lamp.
Watering, humidity, dressing
Like any other tropical plant, cheflere requires high humidity. Therefore, you will have to sprinkle it daily several times with warm water from a spray bottle. As an option, you can put a container with water next to the pot.
Remember that the flower chefler does not tolerate flooding the root system. At the slightest stagnation of water in the pot, the roots begin to rot. Therefore, at the bottom of the pot be sure to arrange drainage, and produce watering itself moderately. However, do not allow complete drying of the top layer of soil in the pot.
Fertilize the land under this plant only during a period of active growth. Do this every 10 days. Use for this solution universal fertilizer for ornamental deciduous plants. Several times during the summer season you can feed the chef with a small amount of organic matter.
Transplant and pruning
Replace the young chefler every spring in a more spacious pot and in a new ground. As for adult plants, transplant them in several years using the method of transshipment along with an earthy clod.
Sheflera tolerates pruning, and both green shoots and stiffened. The flower grower does not need to worry how to cut it. Thanks to this, you can give the crown any shape. Original looks chef with a crown in the form of a ball or mini chef.
As you can see, the care of this plant is far from simple, but not extremely difficult. If you do not follow the rules of care, then the chef gets sick. Any of her illness at an early stage is manifested by wilting leaves. Consider that variegated varieties of the umbrella tree are more delicate and react more quickly to uncomfortable conditions for themselves. For example, when there is a lack of light from these flowers, all the leaves may fall off.
- The slightest stagnation of water in the pot leads to rotting of the root system of the cheflers and its subsequent death. This is due to the constitution of the fibrous root system of this plant. It is also noteworthy that drying the soil near the roots also leads to their rotting. The beginning of the decay of the roots in this case is manifested by the appearance of brown spots on the leaves.
If the roots have rotted due to an excess of moisture, this is manifested by the appearance of bulges on the lower surface of the leaves in the form of water bodies. How to save the plant? In the first case, you will need to water it more abundantly, and in the second, on the contrary, reduce watering.
- The plant reacts to excessively low or too high air temperature by dropping leaves. If this discomfort is not quickly eliminated, then the umbrella tree will quickly die.
- On the branches and leaves of the chefs, pests such as aphids, spider mites, or scale insects may appear. Get rid of them with the help of a soap solution and the subsequent rinsing of the plant with warm water. If this does not help, then resort to treating the whole plant with an insecticidal solution.
If you follow these rules of care exactly, then your chef will always look just great and will greatly embellish any room.
Lighting and temperature
It is better to place the chefler in a well-lit place without burning direct sunlight and drafts. As long as the plant is small and fits easily on the windowsill, the window sill of the western and eastern windows is the most suitable place for it. This should take into account a very important point. If you have a shefflera with monophonic, green leaves, then she needs less light than variegated species. If the light is not enough, the leaves of such a plant will easily lose their variegation. The opposite happens. I had more than once seen a chef standing in a sunlit place with bleached leaves, and to identify what they were originally possible only with great difficulty.
Temperature for shefflera is preferred rather moderate, within + 18- 22 degrees. It is at this temperature that it develops best.
Watering and humidity
To watering cheflera should be approached carefully. This houseplant equally dislikes both overdrying and overmoistening. Watering should be regular, but after drying the top layer of soil. Water for watering plants must be well settled and room temperature. You can use rain or snow.
Air humidity for cheflers is no less important than adequate lighting and high-quality watering. Maintaining high humidity for this indoor plant is most relevant in the heating season, when, as a rule, indoor air is overdried. And in the summer you should not forget about regular spraying. To increase the humidity of the air and to prevent a strong overdrying of the earthen coma, it is advisable to put the pot with the chef in a deep and wide pan with moist pebbles, expanded clay, sand and under.
Transplant shefflera (cheflera)
You can replant it in spring and autumn. But if there is a choice and an opportunity, then it is still better to replant it in spring. The flower is transplanted not very often, with a frequency of 2-3 years. But such a periodicity is rather relative. Home carer with proper care grows quickly enough, which means she periodically needs a larger pot, which means more frequent transplants.
For the good development of indoor plants, it is important to choose the right or make up the soil. There are many different earth mixes for sale, and for general use (by genera and species), and for specific plants. But to make the ground for the chef is easy and very. Its composition is as follows:
- Fertile land (compost, greenhouse) - three parts,
- Peat (low, not sour) - one part,
- Sand (can be mixed with perlite or vermiculite) - one and a half parts,
Reproduction sheflera (shefflery)
At home, this indoor flower propagates mainly by cuttings, seed propagation of the plant is used much less frequently.
For reproduction by cuttings, first of all you need to find the right material. These should be developed, strong, half-lignified cuttings. Before planting the stalk must be prepared. The best preparation would be keeping it in a solution of heteroauxin or root for 6-8 hours.
You can not soak the cutting, but simply dip a cut of the root in powder before planting. A mixture of peat and sand (perlite) is best suited for planting a cutting. But it is not enough to choose the right one, prepare the stalk and make the desired feed mixture; It's all about the temperature required for rooting the cutting. More precisely - in the temperature of the soil, which must be maintained within + 20-22 degrees. Of course, the best option is to use a miniteboard with underheating, but not every grower has it on the farm. The output can serve as a shelf, fitted over the heating radiator. Here you can put a pot with a handle on it, covering it with a transparent cap. Of course, this option is possible only in the heating season. But it is precisely in the spring, when the heating has not yet been turned off, to the Scheffler and it is desirable to multiply. During the entire time of rooting, the graft should be periodically ventilated and sprayed, and condensate should be removed from the cap. Bright lighting during rooting is not required, on the contrary, it should be very moderate. After the stalk gives the roots do not need to rush it to transplant in a permanent pot, let the roots braid the whole earthy ball. After rooting, a pot with a young plant is placed in a well-lit place.
Reproduction of sheffleers by seeds at home is a longer process and depends largely on the quality of the seeds themselves. Therefore, it is less popular. The very same technology of this method is quite simple, and is similar to the cultivation of seeds from other indoor plants or the usual seedlings of garden flowers and vegetables.
You can sow the seeds in a mixture of peat (or leaf earth) and sand, or the usual universal mixture based on peat. Before planting the seeds must be prepared for germination, it will significantly increase the chances of more viable germination. To do this, they can be soaked in a solution of any stimulant (in epine, for example). Good result gives soaking in aloe juice. After processing, the seeds of the chefs are planted in a moist ground to a depth approximately equal to two sizes of the seed itself. After planting the container with the seeds covered with a film or cap. Lower heating, as in propagation by cuttings, is highly desirable. When the seed germinates, and 2-3 true leaves appear on the seedlings, they can also swoop down. Young chefs grow quickly, and quite soon (in 3-4 months) they will demand more spacious dishes.
Beautiful, elegant Schefflera (Latin name - Shefflera) belongs to the largest family Araliev, bears the name of the famous botanist - the German florist scientist Jacob Shefflera. In nature, it is known as the "umbrella tree" and has more than 200 species. Arriving from Australia and New Zealand, shefflera will give a tropical note to your interior.
The most famous is Schefflera actinophylla (maximum height 60 cm, has a proportional shape). New varieties - Schefflera arboricola "Hong Kong" and Schefflera arboricola "Geisha Ger". The maximum height of these plants is 1.5 m. The flower has a number of features that make it easy to distinguish it from others.
- Leaf color. The plant is presented in two colors. These are either glossy, plain bright green leaves that give the impression of being well polished. Or it is motley foliage interspersed with white or yellow.
- Leaf form. A leaf consists of four to twelve small lobes, which grow from one center and look in different directions. Associatively resemble the spokes of an umbrella or a outstretched palm.
- Inflorescence. Shefflera flowers look like tentacles. But hardly lucky enough to contemplate them: in a pot the plant does not bloom (only in natural environment).
- Features of the structure. Room Schefflera grows a bush or a graceful tree. It has fragile stems, so during the growing season, the stem of the plant must be attached to the support.
It is important to know how to care for sheffleroy after purchase. The main mistake of the grower-debutant is to immediately put the plant on a sunny windowsill. Of course, this is done with the best of intentions. However, consider the fact that the “overseas” houseplant falls into the apartment conditions from the greenhouse, where flowers are grown using intensive technology. There, with the help of optimal temperature conditions and growth stimulants in a short time, it is possible to achieve maximum decorativeness of the flower.
Once in the apartment without the usual "doping", the plant is experiencing severe stress and suffering. To make the shefflera adaptation period as painless as possible, follow the four recommendations.
- Quarantine. The first thing to do is to place a new flower in a bright, but shaded place. Away from other plants to avoid infecting them with any pests.
- Watering. Usually, when you buy, you get a thoroughly moisturized plant, so you should not water the sheffleur at home until it dries.
- Microclimate. Humidity in the apartment is lower than the greenhouse, so irrigate the shefflera leaves every day, and better place a container with water next to the plant. Another good option is to put the pot on a stand with wet small pebbles. If you do not maintain the required high level of humidity, the edges of the leaves will wither.
- Transshipment This new way of transplanting is suitable for the “new-settler” flower, when the plant is simply taken out of the transporting pot and transplanted into a new, slightly larger one. At the same time, an earthen clod with roots is not disturbed. Растение без труда можно достать из горшка, накануне его полив.It will only be necessary to turn over the container, tilt it slightly and, tapping gently on the outer walls of the pot, carefully remove it. If the earthen room is not removed without help, use a knife and carefully separate it from the walls of the pot.
How to take care: 10 rules
An ornamental plant does not need undue attention, but the basics of competent care for sheffleroy are necessary for everyone who decides to bring it into the house. The following ten rules are necessary for a comfortable flower life.
- Location Shefflere will be cozy on the windows facing east and west. Harmful to her drafts and proximity to heating appliances and batteries. But Scheffler air conditioners are not indifferent: in such climatic conditions the flower develops much better, but you should not place the pot directly under the cold air flow.
- Temperature. 20 ° C - favorable temperature for growing shefflera summer. Night cooling has only a positive effect on the plant. In the warm season of Scheffler, it is advisable to arrange summer “vacations” by placing a flower on the balcony. In winter, the plant does not tolerate temperature conditions colder than 12 ° C (ideal 15-17 ° C).
- Lighting. Schefflera will be grateful for bright lighting, however, direct sunlight is contraindicated in her. Varieties of shefflera with pure green leaves successfully develop in partial shade (an excess of light provokes the appearance of light spots). Diverse plants require more illumination: when there is a shortage of light, the leaves will turn to faded tones or the flower will lose its motley color altogether.
- Watering. Here it is important to find a “golden” middle, avoiding neither drying out nor over-moistening of the soil (an excess of water can cause loss of leafy cover, root rot and even death of shefflers). In spring and summer, it is recommended to water the flower the next day after the top layer of the earth has dried a couple of centimeters. In winter, watering is reduced. For water treatments use only distilled water.
- Moisture content. Given the tropical origin of shefflera, provide the plant with high humidity. At home shefflere-tropikanka requires frequent spraying (up to two times a day). Especially desirable shower plant, wintering in a very warm room. In addition, a pot with room shefflera can be placed on a pallet with moist coarse sand or expanded clay. An alternative to irrigation is wiping the leaves with a damp cotton pad. The use of a ultrasonic air humidifier in a room with a schefflero is welcomed.
- Priming. The following dredger is ideal for growing sheffleers, all components of which are taken in equal proportions: deciduous ground (for looseness and nutritional value), turf ground (dense, nutritious, has good water and air permeability), humus, peat and sand (essential for root health ). You can buy storefarm for palm trees and ficuses. Shefflere necessarily need drainage (expanded clay, vermiculite, plain pebbles, broken shards or pieces of foam).
- Top dressing. It is necessary to fertilize the soil without fail. Feed the flower during the growing season. From spring to autumn, twice a month they apply fertilizer for ornamental deciduous plants. And in the period between the dressings, the soil is covered with a tablespoon of chopped egg shell. In winter, the room shleflera does not need additional food.
- Crop. To make the plant look more decorative and branching, it is necessary to form a crown shefflery. To do this, cut the apical escape five internodes down. After the emergence of new side shoots, you can proceed to the formation of a spherical crown. High plants are recommended to shorten by half in the spring, in order to stimulate the growth and thickness of side shoots.
- Topping. To form the Scheffler in the form of a stem tree, you can use the following method: cut off all lower shoots, and pinch the top for further branching. By performing annual spring pruning and pinching, you can form any desired shape.
- Transfer. Young plants are transplanted annually, adults - in two or three years in a more spacious pot. When transplanting shefflera completely cleaned the old soil. This procedure requires care not to harm the roots.
Reproduction: 4 ways
Flower reproduction shefflera possible in three main ways: cuttings, seeds and aerial roots. The most popular method is to root Scheffler through cuttings. Seeds are used much less frequently due to the non-flowering of this elegant bush-like plant at home. In addition, Schefflera can give life to a new plant with a leaf. The likelihood that the leaf rooted low, but this method of breeding resort quite often.
Features The main condition for successful grafting is constant heating of the soil to 20-22 ° C. Will help in this mini-greenhouse with underheating.
- For the procedure, we choose well-developed, healthy, woody cuttings.
- Cut them with a sharp knife.
- We place the cuttings for six to eight hours into a solution of heteroauxin (an organic growth promoter for houseplants).
- We plant them in the previously harvested soil. Its composition - peat and sand in equal parts.
Features Seed replenishment of shefflera begins with the purchase of seed in a flower shop or greenhouse. Seating Scheffler seed method at home is quite real, although the process is quite long. Period of laying seedlings - early spring.
- Prepare a container with the soil: take the sand and peat in equal quantities. The second version of the dredger is sand, turf and deciduous land in the same proportion.
- Soak the seeds in a solution of stimulants "Zircon" or "Appin" (according to the instructions). You can just in warm water.
- Plant seeds to a depth of 10 cm. The distance from each other - in a few seeds.
- After watering, we create greenhouse conditions: we place the container under the film or glass and take it out to a warm place.
- Regularly we air the shoots, we irrigate the soil.
- After the appearance of two or three full leaves, the shoots are transplanted into separate small pots and for three months we grow at a temperature not exceeding 19 ° C, then we reduce the air temperature to 15 ° C.
- In the fall, sheffler is shipped to a larger pot.
Features Sheffler alone does not produce aerial roots or breeding layers. They need to grow independently.
- On the trunk of an adult, large flower make a small incision.
- Attach moss to the incision site. If there is no moss, it can be replaced with a medical bandage.
- Wrapped with plastic wrap.
- The incision site should always be wet. To do this, we regularly moss the moss, creating a greenhouse effect under polyethylene, which is necessary for the formation of processes.
- After the air roots have appeared in the place of the incision, we cut off the top of the shoot and plant it in a separate pot.
Features Scheffler can be propagated by leaf. The ideal time for this is the end of January-February.
- From the stem, carefully tear off the leaf along with the "leg".
- Pour water into a small container with a growth stimulator.
- Wrap the base of the sheet with cotton and put it in a prepared container with liquid.
- Place it on a warm battery and cover it with a trimmed plastic bottle.
- Regularly air the sprout.
We make a diagnosis: diseases ...
Constant attention and inspection of indoor plants is the key to their health and good immunity. Diseases of flowers are mainly due to improper care. But if in time to identify and eliminate the causes of the disease, the decorative plants will not suffer. Most often, the following seven signs indicate affection of shefflera.
- Leaves grow dull and blotchy. Excessive light causes the appearance of light spots, and its lack makes the foliage faded. Dry air provokes the appearance of black spots on the leaves.
- Dry the edges of the leaves. This happens if the sheffler is very hot and not enough moisture. Also cause can be drafts. Your task is to provide Sheffler a comfortable microclimate.
- Root rot. In overflow colors, the root system rots. The soil swamps, which provokes the development of microorganisms. Saves Schaeffler transplant in fresh soil with the mandatory removal of rotten particles. The roots are washed "Fitosporin" or "Trichodermin", dried, sprinkled with charcoal or cinnamon. The transplanted sheffler is not watered for several days.
- Black on the stalk. Abundant watering and, as a consequence, rot and fungus lead to the blackness of the sheffle tips. Immediately you need to cut the stem below the place of rotting, and then check the roots for rot. If necessary, treat them with antifungal medication.
- Scheffler unnaturally stretched. The plant suffers from the heat, so identify it in a cool, bright place.
- Falling leaves. The summer reason is the high air temperature and the lack of moisture, the winter reason is too low temperature and excess watering of the plant.
- The leaves turn yellow. The reason is lack of nutrition. Solve the problem of feeding plants complex fertilizers three times a month during periods of active growth. Another reason for the yellowness of the leaves is an overabundance of mineral fertilizers (especially nitrogen).
... and pests
Traditional insect pests are not averse to eating a tropical plant, thereby depriving Sheffler of vital forces. It is a spider mite, scythe, mealybug and thrips. There are several methods for getting rid of them. The simplest is to wipe the leaves (especially their inside) with a soap solution. If this simple procedure does not help, then insecticides or fungicides should be used. For each type of parasite pest has its own characteristics of treatment.
- Spider mite The appearance of small gray and yellow spots on the leaves of shefflera should cause alarm. Immediately the tick is invisible: it hides under the underside of the leaf, feeding on its juice. Over time, the area of damage to the plant increases, the silver bloom of the cobweb becomes noticeable, and on closer examination, the living, stirring mass. The flower withers, does not grow, the leaves and stems crack. Effective treatment is the use of chemical drugs "Aktellik", "Neoron", "Vermitek", "Fitoverm", diluted in water according to the instructions. Help and folk remedies - a solution of soap, water tincture of garlic. Also take care of high humidity.
- Shchitovka. It affects any part of the plant, it looks like small yellow-brown spots on the underside of the leaf. At first, sticky dew forms on the affected flower, then the leaves turn yellow and fall, the sheffler does not grow and fades. Patient shefflera need to isolate from other flowers, wipe the leaves with soapy water and treat with insecticides.
- Thrips. About the appearance of these inconspicuous insects say gray-brown spots on all surfaces of the flower. Scheffler needs urgent insulation and treatment with a strong solution of soap. If necessary, use insecticide preparations.
- Mealybug. This is a small, oval insect with a white, like flour, bloom. The pest is harvested from the plant by hand, and the remnants of the leaves and stems are removed with water or a cotton pad moistened with alcohol, and in case of a massive lesion - with “Confidor” and “Aktara” solutions. A mealybug does not tolerate moisture, therefore constantly spray sheffleru.
Omens and superstitions
With all indoor plants have long been associated with their good and bad omens. According to knowledgeable growers, shefflera also has hidden magical properties. The following are the most common judgments that believe is a personal matter for everyone:
- foliage darkens - in the room an overabundance of negative energy,
- leaves fall - to the disease or financial failure of living in the house,
- leaves fold to conflict at work or at home
- the plant has stopped growing - failures are coming,
- sudden growth shefflera - to replenish the family.
If the chef is propagated by seeds, they should be soaked in any growth stimulator and placed in a 1: 1 mixture of peat and sand, lightly sprinkled with earth. The container is also closed with a bag and removed it only for ventilation. In the phase of the second true leaf cuttings are seated.
When receiving otvodkov, in the places of articulation of the leaves with the stem make an incision with a sharp knife and wrap this place with wet moss. After some time, the appearance of the roots. When a good process is formed, it is carefully separated from the mother plant and planted. The difficulty of this method is that an illiterate cut can damage a plant.
As mentioned above, chefler in room color conditions are rare. This is due to the necessary balance of air humidity and intense lighting, which is difficult to create in an apartment environment.
If flowering occurs, the flowers are paniculate inflorescences of yellow color from small flowers. Flowering occurs in the summer.
Diseases and pests
Diseases cheflers are associated, most often, with the wrong care:
- excessive watering can turn yellow and fall off leaves,
- with excessive dryness, the plant fades, spots appear on the leaves, and they become sluggish,
- improper watering or contaminated soil can cause aphids and mites.
If the cause of the disease is an excess or lack of moisture, it is necessary to normalize watering and place the plant in the lit place. After some time, it will take its original form.
If you notice pests on flower leaves or in the soil, it is necessary to treat the chefler with an insecticide and place it in a bag for several days. If necessary, repeat processing. Be sure to isolate the flower from other plants.
"Good Vampire", although it refers to plants with poisonous juice, normalizes the energy of the house. It is believed that it absorbs only negative energy, cleaning the home in this way.
By placing the plant in the bedroom, you harmonize relationships and normalize the energy flow. If the plant fades, which is associated with the fall or yellowing of the foliage, the atmosphere in the house is far from positive and harmonious.
If the plant quickly began to grow - wait for the addition to the family.
The magical properties of cheflers
It is not by chance that the chef is used as an office plant. In addition to a neat and strict look, unpretentious care, it can attract money, good luck, good partners and customers. As a flower in the office, you can in some way talk about the state of affairs in the company.
Chefler is considered the flower of knowledge, therefore it is recommended to place it on the desktop of schoolchildren or students. It is believed that it contributes to a better learning, I understand the subject.
“Good Vampire” - a chef in the house or office not only normalizes the situation, but also promotes harmony between spouses and the development of normal relations in a business setting.
Water for cheflers
Watering. Takes the main place. Very subtle science. If you master it, then the chefler will be eternally grateful to you. What are the subtleties?
It is impossible to overmoisten the soil. The leaves will turn black and fall off. Do not allow complete drying of the earthy coma. In this case, you are waiting for litter still green leaves, but with brown tips. The temperature of a wet earthy coma should not fall below + 22 ° C. In the pallet there should not be a drop of excess water, but there must be wet clay or moss.
The water itself is suitable only defended, and better melt. The temperature of the liquid is slightly above room temperature. Chefler requires very high humidity. Therefore, there should always be a spray gun next to it. The procedure is carried out at least 2 times a day, right on the leaves.
For additional moistening, containers with water are placed next to each other, and the batteries are covered with a wet towel.
Council If sheflera bought in the store, wash it with the leaves of the house with soap. For greater decorativeness, it is customary to coat them with wax. They shine, but they cannot absorb moisture. In a healthy plant, the leaves themselves will be glossy.
Second place in importance. Cheflere requires a lot of light, but direct sunlight is contraindicated. Therefore, the window - only the western or eastern. On the northern plant will lose its variegation, if it is implied. And forms with green foliage are strongly drawn out, shrink and turn pale.
South window gives enough light. But the sun burns the plant, up to complete destruction. It is either placed on a table or stand next to a window, or it is shaded by a curtain, white paper, or cardboard. And yet, on the south side, the chefler will be too hot and dry. Have to often humidify the air.
Pot and soil
Cheflere doesn’t care what material the pot is made of. The main thing is that it fits the size of the root system. It is growing rapidly. For the same reason, the pot should be free.
With the next transplant, you need to take a pot 4-7 cm in diameter more than the previous one. This will allow the plant to develop normally.
The soil should be very loose and breathable, but fertile. You can buy in the store a special primer, well suited for palm trees. And you can make a soil mix yourself. To do this, take in equal shares:
- fat leaf humus
- peat in large pieces
- clean coarse sand
For better looseness, you can add a bit of foam or coarse egg shells to the mix, but not necessarily. At the bottom of the tank stack a thick layer of drainage. This is an immutable condition. Sheflera does not like stagnant moisture at the roots, and immediately reacts with decay.Therefore, expanded clay, gravel, marble chips, pebbles - a layer of not less than 4 cm.
Many refuse to formulate cheflers, letting it grow independently. She is growing. In one stem. Up to 4 meters long. But thin. Tie her masters to a peg or special support, and it all stretches. But the greatest decoration can be achieved simply by cutting off the top of a young plant over 5 leaves. After the emergence of side shoots they pinch again over 5 leaf. After this procedure, you get a lush bush, and not one long branch.
Council Be sure to powder the nip place with a crushed tablet of activated charcoal or fine wood ash to prevent bacteria from entering the open wound.
- Juice cheflers may cause irritation or dermatitis when in contact with skin. Therefore, all the manipulation of the pinching and transplanting should be done strictly with gloves. If you have small children or pets, discard this plant. Or put it in a place where it will be difficult to get it.
- Periodically leaves cheflers lose their gloss. It comes from dust that accumulates on the surface. It is necessary to wash it in time with a damp soft cloth. If the plant is already too large, then it is better to arrange a warm shower for him. Only be sure to wrap the pot tightly so that no extra liquid gets there. The shower head must be weak, otherwise the leaves may be damaged.
- An adult chef is transplanted no more than 1 time in 3 years. If you do this every spring, she will gladly take advantage of your offer and extend it to its natural size. Is there a place for content? Then give her freedom.
How to care for the chef at home? As you can see, difficult. But if you wish, all conditions are completely fulfilled. Follow the recommendations and the plant will long please you with decorative foliage and strong growth.