Formerly, pheasants were an object of royal hunting, and as a dish they decorated tables during lush feasts. Today, many countries have banned the shooting of wild pheasants. In our country, pheasant’s habitat is plentiful, but its production is strictly regulated (restrictions are set on hunting periods and on the number of birds caught).
To get a valuable trophy and to satisfy the excitement out of season you can in hunting farms, wild farms, and phasanariums, arranging a hunt for graduation pheasant. Consumers get unpolished and feathering birds from hunting grounds and farmsteads, so lovers of feasting on game should know how to pluck a pheasant from feathers.
How to pluck a pheasant?
Experienced hunters know how to quickly clear their game: you need to start the process right away while the carcass is still warm. Feathers will be easily separated without any additional devices, and plucking will not take more than 15 minutes.
But cleaning a pheasant at home implies a slightly different sequence of actions. The pheasant, although it is the closest relative of the hen, but has a number of differences that do not allow the use of standard methods of cleaning the carcass from feathers. The skin of pheasants is much thinner, so when removing feathers, care must be taken not to damage it. If the meat is stewed, it is easier to remove the feather cover along with the skin.
Another nuance concerns the use of boiling water. Those who have plucked poultry (chickens, geese, etc.) know that feathers are easier to separate after steaming the carcass in hot water.
Hot water can be washed before processing the game, which was stored in the pen, in the refrigerator. But processing a wet bird will still be harder. The method of removing feathers in all situations is one. To properly prepare the carcass for further culinary processing, it is necessary to stock up on time and patience.
To work at home will need:
- a basin with high sides so that the feathers do not fly around the room,
- scissors to cut off excess parts
- kitchen sharp knife to cut cleaned carcass.
Plucking spend from the bottom up, ie, in the direction from the tail to the head. Putting the bird in the pelvis, first pull out the long tail feathers, capturing one by one. They sit firmly in the body, and their ends are thick, so carefully snatching the whole bunch will not work. The shoulder parts of the wings can be cut with scissors. Then remove the large feathers on the back, holding and slightly pulling the skin. This should be done carefully, so as not to tear the skin, because the juice will flow out through the formed holes, the baked poultry will be dry and hard.
Tweezers can be used to remove small feathers. Large feathers are removed in the direction of growth, those on the neck, legs and chest - small and frequent tweaks against growth. In places of plucking, you also need to hold the skin with your fingers.
If there is no experience of scorching with fire, then you can clean the gun cover with a piece of bacon wrapped in canvas or roll it up with your fingers, as is done in the field.
Such a long and painstaking cleaning process is needed if the bird is supposed to be cooked whole (in the oven, smokehouse, on the grill). If the game is supposed to be cooked, extinguished or served on the table in portions, and also if the carcass is heavily damaged by a shot, you need to remove the feathers along with the skin:
- make an incision around the neck under the head,
- cut off the shoulder segments of the wings and legs,
- pull the skin off the neck from the neck to the bottom of the carcass,
- cut off the knuckle with tail feathers.
How to cut pheasant?
Hunters do not clear the fowl from plumage, but gut immediately to preserve the freshness of the meat. Free the carcass from the entrails, trying not to crush the gallbladder, remove the lungs (they give bitterness) and stuff with branches of juniper, Christmas trees or nettle leaves. So the prey will remain fresh for 3-4 days.
If you got the whole bird, then after cleaning the feather cover you will have to gut it yourself.
Through the incision in the peritoneum they seize with fingers with heart, stomach, liver and gently pull the insides. Guts with a gall bladder are thrown away. The remaining organs are edible. The stomach is cut, washed and cleaned from the membranes.
The head of the feathered game is not cut off, but the eyes and nasal openings should be removed and the ears thoroughly cleaned with a brush. Cooked in such a game will become an ornament and a royal treat on a festive table, but will require special skill from the chef.
Pheasant meat does not require pre-marinating, it has excellent taste, always juicy and fragrant. When cutting into pieces, be careful with the tubular bones. In pheasant, they are fragile and thin, and therefore disintegrate into a mass of fragments when chopped. In order not to spoil the dish, it is better to cut the carcass so that the bones remain intact.
Farms that grow pheasant for meat, sell goods year-round. By quality, domesticated pheasants mainly belong to category I. The bird reaches culinary maturity by 6 months and weighs about 1.5 kg by this age.
For high-quality pheasant cutting will require the appropriate inventory. Need to get:
- medium sized cutting board
- set of kitchen knives "chef troika"
- kitchen tweezers,
- twine or kapron thread about 20 cm long,
- deep pelvis
- kitchen device for scorching the carcass.
How to properly and quickly pluck
The initial processing of the bird begins with plucking the carcass. In most cases, this process is practically no different from plucking other birds, but it has its own secrets. Failure to comply with the rules may cause damage to tender meat, which will lead to the loss of its culinary value.
A pheasant pluck is performed as follows:
- First, the carcass must first be prepared for plucking - for this pheasant for several hours kept in the freezer. Meat of game differs in more dense structure than in domestic animals, therefore preliminary freezing of meat contributes to softening of its fibers. As a result, it is possible to more gently remove both large and small feathers.
- Plucking starts with the removal of the largest feathers. Do this in a deep pelvis to avoid the spread of plucked feathers around the room. The process is carried out carefully along the growth of plumage, so as not to damage the delicate skin. Feathers should be removed with small bunches, light jerking movements. But, if you plan to cook the whole bird, feathers should be removed individually, otherwise it will damage the delicate tissues of the carcass.
- After all large feathers are removed, it is necessary to proceed to the elimination of the main tail. The procedure is carried out on the same principle as the plucking of large feathers. At the same time, the removal of plumage should begin from the side of the tail, smoothly and gradually moving towards the head. For convenience, the skin should be slightly tightened - this will help not only to improve the efficiency of plucking, but also to avoid excessive damage to the carcass.
- At the end, the final cleaning of the bird from feather residues, as well as small and hard-to-reach feathering is carried out. To do this, use a special kitchen tweezers, with which you can easily remove even the smallest feathers.
How to scorch down
After plucking a pheasant, a light downy feather remains on his carcass. It is possible to get rid of it only after a short singing under an open flame. Often, for these purposes use special kitchen gas burners. In the case of their absence, singing is carried out using a large lighter or on a gas burner.
The procedure is carried out very carefully, so as not to burn the skin. To do this, you should smoothly but sharply conduct an open flame on the remaining fluff on the skin. If possible, avoid prolonged contact with bare skin to prevent damage to the delicate tissue of the bird. After the fluff is completely removed from the surface of the bird's body, it must be thoroughly washed under running water. It is best to use cold or slightly warm water for this, since hot water after aggressive singing of the carcass can adversely affect the integrity of the skin, or lead to a loss of the aesthetic value of the pheasant's carcass.
After washing, the final cleaning of the skin from residues of fluff is carried out using kitchen tweezers. If the procedure was carried out neatly and correctly, the skin of the pheasant’s carcass will not lose its integrity.
How to gut insides
Further processing of game cleared of plumage provides for the removal of its viscera. To do this:
- On the neck, right under the beak, cut an oblong hole.
- In the resulting hole you need to grope the esophagus and cut it off.
- After that, you need to carefully make an incision on the skin just above the goiter.
- Through a hole in the skin above the goiter, the larynx and goiter with the rest of the esophagus are carefully cut off. The upper part of the trimmed esophagus is tied up with a string or a nylon thread, otherwise its contents may stain the internal cavity of the bird.
- After that, from the anus along the belly to the abdominal bone an oblong incision is made. The abdominal cavity is opened carefully, otherwise the contents of the damaged intestine will contaminate the carcass.
- Two fingers (index and middle) are inserted into an incision in the abdominal cavity, and then all organs, except for the intestines, are gently removed from the inside.
- After the organs are removed, a circular incision is made around the anus, and then the intestine is withdrawn through the incision.
- Gutted carcass is thoroughly washed under running water, and then dried using paper towels.
How to carve a bird for cooking
In most cases, the peeled and gutted game is baked whole, but as necessary, depending on the requirements of the recipe, the bird is divided into separate fragments for more convenient preparation. To do this:
- Cut off the head, then the lower part of the paws along the joint, down to the muscle tissue, and separate the neck from the carcass.
- Then put the game on the back of the breast up, take the thigh and make a cut above the joint to the bone. After that, one leg is separated along the joint, then the other.
- If the individual is rather large, then, if necessary, each leg can be divided into two parts. In this case, you need to grope the connecting joint, put a knife blade on it and with a smooth, slightly pressing movement along the joint, make a cut.
- After separation of the legs go to trimming the wings. Holding the wing with your hand, you need to find the place of its connection with the little body, and then with a slight pressing movement along the joint to separate it from the main part.
- Next, you should separate the back from the breast. To do this, the knife is inserted into the middle of the carcass, and then an incision is made on both sides parallel to the spine.
- If necessary, carry out the separation of the fillet from the sternum. The brisket is placed on a chopping board with the sirloin part up, and then along the sternum bone, the fillets are carefully cut from both sides.
Pheasant carcass is a delicate and exquisite product, therefore, in order not to spoil the meat, the bird must be properly cleaned and cut. Often, this does not require complex and highly specialized knowledge - just enough to get the instruction, the hardness of the movements, as well as patience. Otherwise, excessive rush and carelessness can lead the exquisite product to full culinary unsuitability.
Pheasant photo. How to cut pheasant at home photo from Petr de Cril’on & SonyKpK
Pheasant quite common bird chicken family. Wild pheasants live in the steppes of Europe, the mountains of the Caucasus and the taiga of the Far East and are the most common species of birds for hunting. In addition, pheasants are also well accustomed in households on par with chickens and other poultry.
The pheasant, especially the male, has very beautiful feathers. Especially created by nature to lure females. And the females are homely-spotted, camouflage caller, to, like special forces, hide in the grass by themselves and with chickens from predators. Eating pheasants, like other game, more familiar to the aborigines. But, since our friends - hunters praised the meat of pheasants very much, we also decided to try them. And they gave us a couple of these beautiful males. And we decided to show you, our precious friends, how to properly and quickly pluck and chop a bird.
> Pheasant photo. How to cut pheasant at home photo description
- We take a roomy pelvis, in which we will pluck a pheasant. So feathers and down will be scattered less in the kitchen. And wear cloth gloves.
- Of course, if you carry out this procedure on the street, you can simply spread the paper or film.
- First of all, we pull out the long tail feathers. (Now it is the best toy of our cat Arthur).
- Pull them up along the growth one by one. Because the end of the stem of the pen - very short - is thick and fits tightly in the body. Therefore, you need to gently pull the feathers out of the body. From these feathers you can make a convenient whisk to remove dust, or, like us, a toy for a cat.
- Next, begin to pluck the pheasant carcass itself.
- In general, in a wild bird, fat has a peculiar smell that not everyone likes. Although the natives consider it even fragrant.
- Therefore, the skin of a wild bird and, in particular, pheasant, it is better to remove. Therefore, it is possible to tear off the skin of a bird directly with feathers.
- But, the pheasant has such beautiful feathers that they can be used in handicrafts, so we will nip them. And if you pluck a chicken, then such feathers can fill a pillow.
- Pluck feathers in the direction of the reverse growth of the pen. As if we were stroking a cat against wool.
- Small feathers are best pulled out.
- And since we are performing this procedure in a deep basin, they remain in it and not fly around the kitchen.
- Periodically remove the plucked feathers in the bag so that they do not interfere.
- As seen in the photo, pheasant skin has a bright yellow color. This is the color of fat.
- When plucking the skin can tear, but it's not scary, since we will still rip it off from the carcass.
- If skin remains on some feathers, it is better to throw them out.
- Swing feathers are best cut.
- To do this, you can use kitchen scissors and a knife with teeth. Previously, our grandmothers and mothers made brushes for lubrication of baking oil with such feathers. And dad made floats on fishing rods.
- In addition, the head of a handsome man, we also will not use.
- So we also cut off the head.
- Paws with claws are also cut off, leaving only the legs.
- And we leave the long neck, it is edible.
- After plucking, we get a carcass, as in our photo.
- By the way, at all stages of cutting, the bird is better not to wet it with water. This will only make it difficult to perform the plucking procedure.
- Well, now rip off the skin. It is best to grab her from the neck and pull to the legs.
- It is easy to clean, the skin is tender. It's okay if the skin will tear.
- Along with skin, remove and subcutaneous fat.
- After the carcass is cleaned of feathers and leather, it can be cut for subsequent cooking.
- What can be cooked from pheasant? And all that from another bird. We cooked delicious soup and delicious jelly for the New Year. We will definitely share the recipes in our cooking book “Sea recipes”.
- Bon appetit to you, from Peter de Crillon!
Type of diet: Fat with full fat
Before you get acquainted with the recipes, we will tell you how to properly process the carcass. It is necessary to go through two stages - it is plucking and cutting.
- Flap should be made in the direction from the bottom up, and should begin with the abdomen. The easiest way is to remove the down, if you take small areas, pressing the back of your thumb as tightly as possible to the skin of the game. In no case should the bird be scalded. When the flap is complete, the carcass should be processed with the help of fire, and then rinsed well under running water so as not to leave the smell of singing feathers.
- When dressing first thing removed the larynx, goiter and esophagus. After that, the carcass is cut to the tail, the rest of the insides are removed. You need to act very carefully, so as not to accidentally damage the intestines and gall bladder.
- After cleansing, the bird should be rinsed well under warm water, then dried with paper napkins.
Many do not like to cook pheasant, because the bird is endowed with a specific smell. Someone, having prepared such meat once, refuses forever the subsequent culinary experiments. The fact is that most novice cooks do not know the subtleties of processing the carcass, in which the unpleasant smell will disappear.
Plucked and cleaned birds should be completely immersed in cold water. Soak the meat should be about twelve hours. Periodically water needs to be changed. You will understand that the meat has survived when the carcass brightens noticeably.
The processing does not end there, after soaking the bird is placed in the refrigerator for three hours, so that the smell will probably dissipate.
Next, we propose to consider cooking pheasant. If you did everything right in the first stages, then the cooked game will not leave indifferent any feeder.
Wild pheasant baked in the oven
Духовой шкаф - неотъемлемый предмет на кухне любой хозяйки. При помощи этого приспособления можно приготовить массу блюд, в том числе вкусно запечь фазана. Рецептов приготовления в духовке предложим несколько, выбирайте тот, что больше понравился.
Для первого варианта потребуются следующие ингридиенты:
- половина литра кефира,
- 150-200 грамм сала слабосоленого,
- большое яблоко,
- ложка растительного масла,
- соль и перец.
Тушку фазана нужно разделить на две части, поместить их в глубокую емкость и залить кефиром. Через час мясо достается, натирается любимыми специями и солью.
On a sheet for baking, pre-oiled with vegetable oil, you need to put an apple cut into roundels. On top of the apples spread out the bird.
Cut the lard into thin straws, and in the form of a fur coat, coat it on top of the pheasant. Next, you need to cover the baking sheet with a roasting sleeve, make one small hole in it so that the excess steam escapes, but the bird does not dry.
Heat the oven to 180 degrees, send our pheasant to it for two hours. After that, the sleeve must be removed, and the baking is extended for another ten minutes.
Baked Pheasant Marinated in Wine
How to cook a pheasant at home? The recipe, which we will now offer, is quite simple, but the preparation will take a lot of time, as the bird will need to be pickled. Having tried the pheasant so cooked once, you simply do not want to deny yourself such pleasure in the future, despite the hours of personal life taken away.
- a glass of table white wine,
- raw pork lard - 0.3 kg,
- salt and curry.
Preparation of pheasant must begin with rubbing the carcass with a mixture of salt and curry. We hold the bird like this for thirty minutes, after which we place it in a deep container and pour it over with wine. Dip the carcass well from all sides into wine and refrigerate for 24 hours. Turn meat steadily until it marinates evenly.
After the day, the carcass must be removed from the marinade, blotted with a paper napkin. Throughout the bird we evenly distribute thin pieces of bacon, and in order to keep them, we fix them with toothpicks.
Prepared carcass should be placed in a sleeve for baking, put on a baking sheet and sent to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. After 40 minutes, the sleeve will need to be cut, and the meat left to bake for another half an hour.
Today we are learning how to cook pheasant dishes. Cooking pheasant should be varied, do not just bake it. The roast of this bird is just amazing. Let's see what's useful to us:
- pheasant weighing about a kilogram,
- 300 grams of any mushrooms (preferably real forest ones, for example, boletus or wild mushrooms, so that they are fragrant),
- a glass of dry white wine
- three spoons of vegetable oil,
- salt and favorite seasonings.
How to cook pheasant meat to make a tasty roast? Consider the steps:
- The bird should be cut into portions, fried in vegetable oil in a roast until a beautiful golden crust appears.
- Putting the pieces in pots.
- In a roaster, in butter, what's left of pheasant frying, fry coarsely chopped mushrooms and onions, then spread the mixture into pieces of poultry.
- We salt and add seasoning, in equal parts we fill in with wine.
- Cover the pots with lids and ship to an oven preheated to 220 degrees for an hour.
Message Berezin »Dec 21 2006, 22:32
They recommend beaten pheasant not to pluck at once, but to endure for 3-5 days in a cellar or a refrigerator, then to pluck and gut.
Salt, pepper and wrap the pheasant carcass in wide strips of thin bacon or bacon, fixing it with matches (or toothpicks). Fat can be replaced with a thin gland of pork peritoneum. Stuff required! According to your recipes, taking into account your taste and habits. Usually it is a composition based on: prunes, dried apricots, apples. buckwheat in variations, etc.
Bake in the oven in foil or gooseneck. Enjoy your meal!
Message Bora »Dec 22 2006, 13:20
I was very surprised that the pheasant should be kept for 3-5 days. But she heeded the advice - she did just that.
Preparing like this: Salt the carcass of the pheasant (whole), pepper. Coat it with a mixture of mayonnaise, garlic, finely chopped greens. Let an hour or two to marry.
While at the bottom of the pan (or baking in the oven) put a large sheet of foil (so that all this charm is enough to wrap up), we put on the bottom of the foil: potatoes, mushrooms (champignons can), eggplant, bell pepper (in general any vegetables can who love). All this is cut into large cubes, salt and pepper, and also smear with a mixture, like pheasant (mayonnaise, garlic, greens).
So, put pheasant on vegetables, close everything with foil so that the juice does not flow out and bake for about 1 hour. It is possible at the end of cooking to open the foil so that the pheasant will redden.
It turns out - super (and a bird with a side dish).
Message Revaz »Jan 04, 2007, 7:50 pm
Message Berezin »Nov 06 2007, 09:01
Well, these are recipes for all tastes:
For 1 portion: pheasant, 50 g fat (lard), 30 g butter, salt.
Pheasants stand in a cool ventilated room from 3 days (in warm, humid weather) to a week (in the cold). During aging, the bird becomes soft - “ripens”. After that, pluck it and, cutting off the head and legs, gut.
Singe on the fire (do not wash!), Wipe inside and outside with a dry towel, salt, stuff or wrap in thinly sliced lard and fry on a baking sheet or skewer.
When serving, pour melted butter over the table.
2 pheasants, 800 g, 200 g of carrots, 100 g of leeks, 2 pinches of white pepper, juice of one lemon, 125 g of fat (8 thin slices), 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 glasses of dry white wine, 5 tbsp. spoons of lingonberry confiture.
Preheat oven to 210 ° C. Vegetables chop sticks. Grate the pheasants inside with salt and pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice.
Strengthen the limbs of the bird so that they fit snugly to the carcass. Surround each carcass slices of bacon (4 per pheasant). Put them on a baking sheet. You should first remove the liver - it is still useful. Put the pheasants in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
Heat the broth and add it along with the vegetables 10 minutes after the start of cooking. Water the pheasant with melted fat every 10 minutes, while adding some hot water and turning them over.
10 minutes before the end of cooking, the pheasants should be turned back, remove the slices of bacon, brush with sour cream and put in the oven again (1 tbsp. Spoonful of sour cream should be left for the sauce).
After 40 minutes, you need to make a sample: the meat must be pressed through with a finger. In this case, it is ready and not overcooked.
Place the carcass on a preheated plate and leave in the oven turned off, slightly opening it slightly. Put the slices of bacon on a plate with pheasants again. Mix melted fat with a little hot water and white wine. Cut the liver into small pieces, grind it and add to the sauce. Then add sour cream there.
Sauce is served separately.
Remove the strings with which the limbs were attached and serve the bird with the cranberry confiture.
Prepare the prepared carcass of a young pheasant for two days in a marinade, wrap in oiled paper, place on a baking sheet and fry for 1/2 hour in a strongly heated oven. Then remove the paper and continue to fry until the formation of a uniform golden brown, periodically pouring the carcass with melted butter and wine.
Serve the fried pheasant with croutons and lemon slices.
PHASAN ROASTED AND PUNCHED
On 1 pheasant: 400 g of fat, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. spoon crushed crackers, a quarter of bread, salt.
Cut off the tail with feathers, neck and wings, clean the carcass like a chicken, wash it, lay it on lard and leave it for a day, stuff it with lard, salt and fry, pouring plenty of oil on it. At the end, anoint the egg and sprinkle with crackers.
Roast a slice of rye bread in deep fat and put on a dish.
Attach the tail to the pheasant on the wire, on the other hand - the neck with the head, wings, and carefully cut the bird itself, put it on the dish so that it looks like a whole pheasant.
PHASAN FRIED WITH ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS
On 1 pheasant: 1 tbsp. spoon of pork lard, 2 tbsp. spoons of butter, 150 g of champignons or porcini mushrooms, 120 g of onion, 40 ml of wine (Madeira).
Pheasant to cut and fry in a pan. When he reddens on all sides, add small caps of champignons or porcini mushrooms and small onion heads, pre-fried in oil. Close the dishes with a lid and bring to readiness on low heat. Then add wine, strong broth (one glass) and boil.
The dish can be prepared without wine.
When serving pheasant put in a deep dish, overlaid with mushrooms, onions and pour the juice.
Cover with a lid, heat to a boil and serve.
Garnish - fried potatoes.
On 1 pheasant: 60 g bacon, 1 tbsp. Spoon butter, greens.
Fry prepared pheasant, like poultry. For greater juiciness, the bird’s carcass can be stuffed with pork bacon or wrap the fillet portion in thin slices of bacon, tied up with thread in several places. After this pheasant, salt and fry on a baking sheet in the oven for 30-40 minutes, pouring grease and juice from the poultry.
When serving, put the pheasant on a dish or plate, pour it with juice, oil and decorate with a sprig of greens.
Separately, you can submit a salad or pickled fruit.
For 4 servings: 1 young pheasant, 4-5 duck liver (depends on size), 12 truffles the size of a walnut, 6 tbsp. spoons of olive oil, 6 tbsp. spoons of sherry, salt, ground pepper.
To gut a pheasant without removing feathers, and hang it for 3 days in a cool, well-ventilated place so that it “ripens” and its meat becomes more tender and juicy.
Then remove feathers, singe the skin, wash and dry. Cut off the neck, leaving the skin so long that it can be tied in a knot. Remove fork and sternum and sprinkle with salt and pepper inside and out.
If the truffles are fresh, boil 4 pieces in some sherry and set aside (if they are canned, this is not required).
Rinse the giblets, cut into pieces, salt and then half the oil. When reddened, mash them (this is easily done with a blender, which simultaneously grinds and produces heat treatment). Add cooked and chopped truffles. Fill the pheasant with this mixture, sew up and knit the wings and legs. Put in a sherry container and leave to marinate for 3 days.
Drain, salt, pepper and roast in the oven on the remaining oil at 180 ° C for 30 minutes. Water every 10 minutes with exuding juice and turn over after 15 minutes. When the pheasant turns golden, check whether the meat has become soft, even if pink juice is still released. While the game is fried, partially evaporate the marinade, bringing it to a boil along with whole truffles. Add to the pan 10 minutes before the end of frying.
Serve pheasant with sauce and whole truffles.
This recipe came to us from the library of the Benedictine monastery in Alcantara, plundered in 1807 by French troops under the leadership of General Junot, Duke of Abrant. Grenadiers folded manuscripts written by monks and used them as wads for their guns. But one — containing this recipe — was saved because General Junot sent him to his wife Laura.
The recipe has become popular and is used to make a partridge, pheasant, or woodcock.
PHASAN IN RED WINE WITH CELERY
For 1 pheasant: 5 tablespoons of butter, 50 g of bacon, diced, 1 glass of dry red wine, 1 glass of chicken broth, 2 large celery roots, peeled and cut into thin slices, 1 glass of 20% cream, ground black pepper salt to taste.
Grate the prepared pheasant carcass with salt, pepper and fry in butter. Add speck, red wine, broth. Cover and simmer on low heat.
Put celery for a few minutes in boiling water, dry and extinguish with fat. When the celery is ready, add the cream, bring to a boil and mix with the sauce in which the pheasant stews. If the sauce is too thin, add the egg yolk.
Put the pheasant on the dish and pour hot sauce.
NASHPIGNYE BREAST PHASAN
For 2 young pheasants (1 kg): 50 g bacon slices, 250 g chestnuts, 1 tbsp. a spoon of butter, 2 pinches of white pepper, 2 sprigs (or 1 tsp dry) of sage, 2 tbsp. spoons of ghee, 2h. spoons of sugar, 1 tsp of salt.
Wash, dry and rub the pheasants with salt and pepper from the inside. Fresh sage wash and shake off, dry - rub. Half sage put in pheasants, Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Preheat the melted butter, deeply fry the pheasants in it for 5 minutes, put in a saucepan, sprinkle with melted butter, coat the pheasant breasts with bacon slices and fry the bird at the lower level of the oven for 30 minutes.
Cut crosswise chestnuts and cook for 20 minutes in boiling water.
Wash chestnuts with cold water and peel. Fry butter with sugar until golden yellow, cover chestnuts with glaze and leave to cool.
Separate breasts from pheasants, cut into 1 cm thick pieces, garnish with chestnuts and sprinkle with the remaining sage (use the remaining bird for another dish).
FILLED PHASAN WITH BOILED
On pheasant fillet (300-400 g): 3 eggs, 60 g butter, 5-6 slices of wheat bread, 7-8 pcs. potatoes, 1 glass of fruit jam (lingonberry, cranberry), salt, pepper (to taste), parsley (greens).
Strip pheasant fillet from tendons. Cut into small pieces. Slightly chop the pieces off with a chopper, salt and pepper, roll in the eggs and bread in the crumb of wheat bread, cut into small cubes. Slices of breaded game fry in butter until cooked.
Fry the potatoes, cut into strips. Place slices of game on a dish, sprinkle them with fried potatoes, decorate with greens.
Jam set in a separate container.
PHASAN FRIED IN SOMEETANE WITH CHAMPignONS
For 1 serving: pheasant - 1/3, 10 g of butter, 30 g of champignons or fresh white mushrooms, 60 g of sauce, salt, greens.
Pheasant fry with butter in the oven. At the end of frying, cut the pheasant into portions, put in a saucepan, add the mushrooms or porcini mushrooms, cut the juice obtained by frying the pheasant (15-20 g), cover with sour cream sauce, cover and bring to readiness at low boiling.
When serving a portion of pheasant put on a dish, garnish with mushrooms, pour the sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
To pheasant, you can submit fried potatoes.
Plov IZ Phase or other game
For one portion: pheasant - 1/4, or black grouse - 1/5, or wood-grouse - 1/8, or gray partridge - 1/2, or hazel grouse - 1/2, 15 g butter, 15 g onion, 15 g tomato puree, 5 g flour, 50 g rice, salt, pepper.
Roasted and seasoned game fry whole carcasses. The resulting juice from frying game to use for the preparation of red sauce. Chop the game into 1-2 pieces per serving, put in a saucepan, add finely chopped browned onions, a bouquet of greens (garni bouquet) with spices, pour strained red sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat in a sealed container.
At the end of stewing, remove the bouquet and bring the sauce to taste.
On a side dish to cook crumbly rice porridge.
You can also cook pilaf from another game.
SHNITZEL RUBLES FROM PHASAN
One serving: 70 g of pheasant, 15 g of wheat bread, 6 g of egg, 15 g of butter, 120 g of garnish (potato roasted), 30 g of orange, salt, pepper, greens.
Pheasant meat mince. From the mass to form the product, fill with salt, pepper and breaded, giving an oval-shaped schnitzel. Fry with butter in a frying pan.
When serving, put the schnitzel on a dish, pour over with oil and garnish with fried potatoes in the form of nuts or chips. On the schnitzel put 1-2 orange circles without skin.
Decorate with a sprig of parsley.
On 1 large pheasant: 110 g of butter, 1 kg of Golden (sweet, winter) apples, 150 ml of cream, 55 ml of liquor or brandy, salt, pepper.
Wipe the pheasant dry. Melt half the oil, brown pheasant from all sides. Transfer to dish. Melt the rest of the butter, put the apples, fry them. Put half in a heat-resistant dish (goose), put the pheasant breast down, put the rest of the apples around it.
Pour half a serving of cream and cook under an oven lid at 180 ° C for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
After 40 minutes, turn the pheasant.
Pickled pickled carcass of the 1st pheasant, 2 cups of hot water, 1 tbsp. Spoon flour, 3 tbsp. spoons of butter, 1 cup of hot broth, 1 tsp of milk, 2-3 tsp of sour milk, 1-2 carrots, 1-2 onions, 2 celery roots and parsley, 15-20 black peppercorns, 5-6 peas allspice, 1-2 bay leaves, salt.
Well-prepared pheasant carcass to withstand for two days in the marinade, remove, put in a saucepan with fat and fry on all sides until golden brown. Then put the carcass on a plate, and in the remaining fat, priput, chopped carrots, celery slice, parsley and onion. When the vegetables are fried, put the pheasant in the pan again, pour in 2 cups of hot water, add allspice and bay leaf. Close the saucepan with the lid and simmer the bird on medium heat until cooked, periodically adding, if necessary, a little water.
Put the finished pheasant on the dish, put in a warm place and chop into portions.
Separately spasserovat spoon (without top) flour in three tablespoons of butter, dissolve browning with hot broth or water and the strained sauce obtained during stewing of pheasant, and boil for 5-6 minutes. After removing from the heat, fill the sauce with a teaspoon of milk and 2-3 spoons of sour milk.
Serve the pheasant with cooked sauce, a side dish of peas and carrots, stewed in oil, and some kind of salad.
PHASEAN WITH GRAPES
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 pheasant (if there is no pheasant at hand, replace with a large chicken),
- 2 large slices of lard,
- 1 kg of grapes,
- 50 g fresh cream,
- 3 pieces of sugar,
- 1 glass of brandy,
- 24 walnuts,
- 30 g butter,
- salt, black ground pepper.
Cover the prepared pheasant's breast with slices of lard and dress them with a string, put in a pan with peeled walnuts, cut into 2 parts, pour 750 g of grape juice through a sieve, add cream and brandy, butter, salt and pepper, close the lid and leave on low heat for 1/2 hour, add very liquid caramel, made from sugar and the remaining grapes, passed through a sieve, close the lid and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes.
Remove the pheasant's carcass, free from pork lard and thread and place in the oven until golden brown, lay on a hot dish, decorate with walnuts and grapes.
Sauce, formed in a saucepan, pass through a sieve, pour the bird on it and serve.
Ingredients for 6-8 persons:
- 1 pheasant,
for stuffing -
- 100 g minced pork,
- 100 g of veal mince,
- 200 g of lard,
- 100 g of champignons,
- 2 pcs. chicken liver
- 50 g butter,
- 50g of brandy,
- 50 g Madeira,
- 10 g of salt with black pepper,
- Bay leaf,
for garnish -
- 100 g of ham,
- 200 g of goose liver,
- 100 grams of lard,
- 50 g ground pistachio nuts,
- 80 g of truffles,
- 50 grams of cognac,
- 50 g Madeira,
- 50 g of white dry wine,
- 2 pcs. shallots,
- 1 / 4l chicken broth,
- 10 g of salt with black pepper.
Prepare a side dish: finely chop the ham, lard, truffles and goose liver, add pistachio nuts, mix everything with salt and ground pepper. Pheasant free from bones, leaving bones and livers and removing veins. Finely chop the pulp, combine with a side dish, fry the bones with a little butter, add 2 pcs. finely chopped shallots, by pouring brandy, Madeira, dry white wine, chicken broth, evaporated to 100 g
Prepare minced meat: chop champignons, mix with pork and veal mince, add chopped lard, butter, chopped pheasant liver and chicken, pour with brandy and madeira, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly with garnish, mix the mixture into the form, add thyme and laurel sheet and cover with another form, place in the oven in a water bath with a temperature of 150 ° C for 1.5 hours.
Remove from the oven, remove the top form, cool and cool for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
PHASAN WITH ENDIVISION
Ingredients for 6-8 persons:
- 2 treated and tied up pheasants,
- 2 carrots,
- 3 onions,
- 100 g butter,
- 2 tbsp. spoons of sugar,
- 300 grams of semi-salted lard of brisket,
- 300 g pork smoked sausage,
- 2 kg of endive,
- 1/2 l of chicken broth,
- 6 juniper berries,
- grated nutmeg,
- salt, black ground pepper.
Salt the pheasants, pepper them, put them on a baking sheet with 50 g of butter, put in an oven with a temperature of 240 ° C for 20 minutes, often pouring the resulting sauce. Meanwhile, peel carrots and onions into thin slices, dice the fat, put in a saucepan with 30 g butter, fry over low heat until golden brown, pour over chicken broth.
Remove the first leaves from endive, cut the rest into 2-4 pieces, cut the core, put in a very large saucepan with the remaining butter, sugar.
Put pheasants on top, add a pinch of nutmeg, juniper berries, vegetables from another pan, salt and pepper, close the lid, leave to simmer for 25 minutes, for 5 minutes. before the end of this time put the pork sausage. On two dishes put endive with diced pork fat, in the center of each - a pheasant, freed from thread and cut into pieces, around - sausage, cut into slices. Pass the sauce through a sieve and serve separately.
ENJOY YOUR MEAL ! :company:
Pheasant with celery and bacon
How to cook a pheasant at home? The recipe, which we now offer, restaurant level, but you can handle the preparation. This delicious dish is suitable for a dinner party, will please even the most fastidious guests.
- medium weight pheasant
- four celery leaves,
- four thin sheets of bacon,
- medium onion head,
- one hundred grams of mushrooms,
- a quarter cup of vegetable oil,
- salt to taste
- Bay leaf.
- Grate the carcass well with salt.
- Inside the bird lay celery leaves and bay leaves.
- Place bacon on the pheasant's chest, fix it with toothpicks, so as not to crawl during baking.
- We chop the onions and mushrooms very finely, spread them on a baking sheet, lay the bird on top.
- Send a baking tray in the oven, preheated to 190 degrees, bake for about half an hour.
During the entire roasting time, the bird should be poured on top of the resulting juice. Every half an hour we turn over the carcass.
When ready, you need to remove the celery and bay leaf, and can be served.
Culinary recipe for pheasant-hunting
The dish turns out refined, fragrant and juicy. To make it you need to take:
- carcass weighing in kilogram
- one hundred grams of fresh lard,
- salt and pepper,
- two spoons of vegetable oil
- 250 grams of mushrooms,
- 1/8 liter of white wine, the same amount of any meat broth,
- 4 spoons of butter, the same sour cream,
- starch - a teaspoon,
- bulb medium size.
The recipe for stewed pheasant hunting is simple, like all the above, you need to start cooking it by rubbing it with salt and pepper. Next, cut the fat in thin pieces, lining the bird from all sides, tied with thread.
Add vegetable oil to the pan, fry the carcass from all sides until golden skin appears. After that, transfer the bird to the extinguishing tank, pour the broth and wine, bring to a boil and reduce the fire.
On butter, in which the pheasant was fried, it is necessary to fry finely chopped mushrooms and onions. When the mixture is almost ready, add the butter and fry until the end.
Put the finished poultry on the dish, and in the remaining broth, add sour cream, salt and starch. Bring to a boil, mix with fried mushrooms and onions.
When serving the pheasant to the table, you can pour it with sauce at once, or you can pour it into a separate container so that guests can put it on their own to their liking.
Pheasant fillet with lingonberry jam
This dish will be appreciated by real gourmets. It is very juicy, fragrant, and the taste of pheasant meat is rather interestingly combined with sweet-sour lingonberry jam.
For cooking you will need:
- a pound of pheasant fillet,
- a kilo of potatoes,
- 3 eggs,
- 50 grams of butter,
- salt and pepper,
- white bread breadcrumbs
- cranberry or cranberry jam.
Fillets must be cleaned of tendons and excess fat, repelled through food film. Salt the pieces, dip each in the mixed eggs, then - in the breading, fry well in butter until crisp.
Peel potatoes, grate on a coarse grater or chop into small strips, drain the juice. Fry in vegetable oil, then spread on the finished pheasant slices.
Pour the dish with jam is not necessary, it is superimposed in a separate cup or on the edge of the plate when serving to the table.
Pheasant on skewers
To make a kebab from pheasant at home you will need:
- whole bird fillet,
- one hundred grams of fresh pork fat,
- big onion
- a pair of large bell peppers,
- half a glass of brandy,
- vegetable oil,
- pepper and salt.
Fat and fillets need to be cut into small pieces, salt and pepper, give a little soak. After that, we take the skewers, string them on the filet fillet, bacon, round onion and pepper.
"Kebabs" should be well roasted on both sides in hot oil. When the crust roasts, lay out on plates. Before serving, the meat is poured with brandy and set on fire.
If there is a skeleton from a bird, then do not rush to throw it away, it will fit perfectly for making delicious soup.
You are thinking about how to cook a pheasant at home? The recipe, proposed by us, you just love. This original cooking of pilaf has already been loved by many. The unique taste of game in combination with rice will surprise.
To prepare, take:
- a quarter of a bird
- two spoons of vegetable oil, the same amount of tomato paste,
- quarter onion,
- fifty grams of rice
- salt and spices
- a teaspoon of flour.
Pheasant must be cut into small pieces, fry in vegetable oil in a cauldron. Next, add carrots cut on roundels, onion in half rings, fry for a few minutes, until the vegetables get a golden hue. Add tomato paste, salt and spices, fry a little, add flour, add water so that it covers the meat.
Stew for about 15 minutes, then pour the washed rice, cover with the lid and simmer until tender.
You can boil rice and separately, but not as porridge. After the rice is ready, it is necessary to rinse so that the extra starch is gone and it becomes crumbly. Next, you need to mix it with stewed pheasant and sauce.
You can vary the cooking pheasant. At home, you can cook a real royal schnitzel - juicy inside, ruddy and crispy outside. Absolutely any side dish will suit the poultry schnitzel: mashed potatoes, rice, buckwheat, stewed and fresh vegetables, pasta.
What is useful for cooking:
- a pound of pheasant fillet,
- one hundred grams of lard,
- small onion,
- pepper and salt
Poultry meat, onions and bacon need to twist through a meat grinder, it is advisable to install a large grill. Mince salt and pepper to your taste, add an egg, mix well.
Form schnitzels, roll in breadcrumbs and put in hot oil, pat a little on top to get slightly flattened. It is necessary to fry under the lid, on both sides, until crispy brown crust appears.
Put the finished schnitzels on a paper towel so that it absorbs the excess oil. Then you can submit to the table just like that, or decorated with fresh herbs and sour cream.
Royal Pheasant on the grill
Grilled food has a low fat content, unique taste, especially if cooked on fragrant charcoal. But also the pheasant cooked in an oven on a grill will be quite tasty. To meat was not dry, we need a lot of fat. Do not worry, all the excess fat will drain, making the meat tender and tasty. To prepare, take:
- 150 grams of pork fat,
- a large onion, salt, pepper.
In vegetable oil, fry onions. Stuff the pheasant carcass with this onion and put some fat on it, sew up. Put on a skewer, top with fine pieces of bacon, fasten with toothpicks.
Cooking is necessary until a ruddy crust appears. Someone likes pozazharistey, someone needs to blush was only slightly. On the table the bird is served in a solid form, and before that you need to open the belly and pull out the onions, the remnants of fat.
Now you know how to cook a pheasant at home. The recipes offered by us are quite simple, even an aspiring cook will cope with cooking. Experiment with side dishes, because with each taste will play differently.