For these purposes, use a variety of medicines. They can be purchased in the form of ready-made first-aid kits, they are sold in specialized stores.
A set of medicines in them allows to solve the most common problems for farmers with the health of broilers.
Broilers are subject to the following diseases:
Content and instructions for the veterinary first aid kit for broilers
The following kits should be included in the first aid kit to protect the bird from infections and other diseases:
- Enrofloxacin in ampoules
- Vitamin C
- Baikoks in ampoules.
1. The drug Enrofloxacin is a proven drug against bacteria.
It is used as a prophylactic and for the treatment of infections such as mycoplasmosis, pasteurellosis, salmonellosis. The contents of one capsule medication mixed with a liter of water. Fresh solution give the birds three days.
3. Chiktonik - an vitamin and mineral complex, which is indispensable in the prevention of vitamin deficiencies and metabolic disorders.
Giving the drug can be no earlier than a week after the birth of chicks.
The drug is taken from the vial with a syringe, 1 ml of the drug is dissolved in a liter of water and broilers are sucked out within a week.
5.Baykoks - helps in the fight against coccidiosis. It can be used in conjunction with other drugs.
Permitted to use from the age of two birds. The solution is prepared at the rate of 1 ml of product per 1 liter of water; the preparation is given to broilers within 24 hours.
The same danger is the use in the rations of chicks and chickens Tetracycline and Levomycetin. At one time, the drug Biovit was popular.
This is a waste of Tetracycline production, which is a biomass rich in B-group vitamins and has a stimulating effect on growth, as well as egg-laying intensity.
But the uncontrolled use of such traditional drugs can damage human health.
The most dangerous age of infection of a bird with infectious diseases is considered the first, fifth, and eighth days of life.
During this period, shows the use of antibiotics. Antimicrobial agents should not be used by broilers who have reached four weeks, because there is not enough time for “airing” - they are slaughtered at the age of 42–49 days.
What good antibiotics should be given to chickens? The following antimicrobials are used on poultry farms:
- Enrofloxacin They produce several varieties of the drug under various names - Enromag, Baytiril, Enrofloks, etc. The oral form of the antibiotic is used. Dosage: In 1 liter of water is diluted with 0.5 ml of Enroflox 10. The mixture is used for drinking 5–6 days. If you use the drug Russian-made Enromag, then water is changed daily.
- Tylosin. Apply at a dose of 5 g / 10 l of water from the first to the third day of life. The result is fixed at four weeks of age with one-day feeding.
- Caprocerol. A mixture of several antibiotics and vitamins. Most effective for diseases caused by coccal infections. Dilute 10 g of the drug with 10 liters of water throughout the week.
- Tromexin. A mixture of sulfonamides with antibiotics. The powder is dissolved at the rate of 5 g / 10 l of water, and five days old chicks are drunk for 3-5 days.
Growing strong young combines compliance with the requirements for feeding and housing. It is necessary to regularly inspect the poultry head, timely reject sick chickens. Feeding off antimicrobial agents and vitamin preparations to prevent diseases is an integral part of the technology for raising young chickens.
Preparations for chickens from the first days of their life
Poultry farmers and amateurs are always puzzled by the preservation of the newly born offspring. Even when chickens emerge from under the chicken in natural conditions, it is desirable to support them, especially if the fluffs hatched in the incubator. Therefore, it is important to use the right products for chickens from the first days of life.