It is truly a "golden" plant a simple wildflower flower of the goldenrod. Its useful properties are unusually wide. In folk medicine, the goldenrod has been used for more than one century. Why is he so remarkable? What is his strength? Most often in the treatment of this herb used inflorescences, seeds and stems. How to prepare them correctly, and how to make drugs from them, we will now tell you in detail.
Medicinal properties of the plant
This flower is considered effective in traditional medicine and homeopathic purposes. This culture is popular in medicinal recipes of Tibet, China, Bulgaria, Belarus, Siberia, Komi and the Caucasus.
What is useful goldenrod? Medicinal properties of the plant are:
- relieves inflammation,
- possesses antimicrobial action,
- has diuretic properties,
- reduces the level of ammonia in the blood by stimulating the abundant formation of urine,
- dissolves oxalate and urica stones, and also provokes the production of kidney secretion,
- raises the level of pH in urine,
- considered a natural antiseptic,
- can relieve pain syndromes
- promotes active regeneration of the skin,
- seeds have properties to thin the blood,
- helps with the difficult form of diarrhea,
- restores failures in women’s critical days,
- balances the balance in the exchange between water and salt in the body,
- treats ulcers,
- removes or reduces swelling.
To prepare high-quality medicines, you need to properly prepare the main ingredient - dried inflorescences. So that you can unmistakably recognize him among the raznotravya, here is a photo of the goldenrod. The medicinal properties of the plant will have the maximum effect, subject to the rules of collection and harvesting:
- the plants are cut off in early August, when the inflorescences are still very small, have just formed,
- small bundles are formed from the obtained raw material, tied up with a string and hanged to dry in a dark place with inflorescences down,
- if the medicine needs the roots of goldenrod, they are dug out only towards the end of autumn.
Young flowers contain the maximum amount of nutrients, and therefore are valuable for traditional medicine.
Indications for use
In what cases is it possible to use goldenrod? The plant treats many diseases, so it is included in various herbal preparations. The composition of this plant is so rich in nutrients that it can overcome the following ailments:
- bronchial asthma,
- sexually transmitted diseases,
- male impotence
- many outdoor skin diseases
- dental diseases of a dental nature,
- mechanical damage and injuries
- purulent inflammations
- catarrhal infections
- some pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract,
- the presence of toxic substances in the body,
- urological diseases
However, all these pathologies are very serious; therefore, traditional methods should be combined with drugs and recommendations indicated by the attending physician.
A tablespoon of this herb is placed in a glass of boiling water and set to warm in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. Then removed from heat and sent to insist in the dark for at least three hours. After this time, the decoction can be used. The medicinal properties of goldenrod in broths are as follows:
- with internal consumption, they drink a fifth cup of cooked medicine per day (it removes stones and salts, and is also useful for jade and other abnormalities in the functioning of the kidneys),
- External compresses from this plant are considered effective for many skin diseases, including eczema psoriasis.
Making tea from goldenrod
Put a teaspoon of dried inflorescences on a cup of warm water, then put it on the stove and wait for the mixture to boil. Give a little brew, no more than three minutes. Use with caution, three cups per day are considered the maximum amount.
Medicinal properties of goldenrod in teas:
- relieves pain and inflammation in the throat,
- shows antioxidant properties
- lowers acidity in the body,
- promotes the withdrawal of sputum from the lungs,
- is a preventive measure of inflammation and various colds,
- it is better to confine one cup of tea a day for people suffering from any heart disease.
This drink has a pleasant taste and gives a good flavor.
Tea to increase immunity
To make tea, a teaspoon of dry raw material is brewed with a glass of boiling water. After 30 minutes, the broth is filtered. Apply between meals, stretching a glass of tea for the whole day. More than two hundred grams per day to drink broth is not recommended.
Can be used not only to enhance immunity, but also for the treatment of inflammation.
Infusion of goldenrod
To rinse with stomatitis, treatment of skin diseases and acne, use the following recipe:
- Dried flowers (1 tbsp. L) pour boiling water (1 stack).
- Let the solution stand for two hours.
Skin diseases are treated with compresses from the infusion, and during stomatitis, the mouth cavity is rinsed.
Tincture of goldenrod
The tincture prepared from the golden rod will help to cope with the disruption of the gall and bladder, with uncontrolled urination and with congestion in the kidneys.
- Young grass stalks chop. To prepare the tincture will need 7 tablespoons.
- Pour the raw material with half liter vodka.
- Capacity with infusion close the lid and place in a dark place.
- After three weeks, the remedy will be ready.
Before using a teaspoon of tincture diluted slightly with water and taken once a day.
For the treatment of scurvy in 200 ml of tea with honey, a small spoonful of tincture is added. Tea is drunk up to five times a day.
Broth to cleanse the body
Toxins can be removed from the body with the help of decoction from the goldenrod. To make it you will need:
- 600 ml of boiled water.
- 2 tablespoons of raw gold rod.
Mixed herb with water is placed on a slow fire and cooked for 5 minutes. After that, you need to pour the broth into a thermos or a jar, wrap and insist another hour. After treating the mixture, the medicinal drug is drunk 4 times a day, 70 or 80 grams (approximately 4 tbsp).
Cold infusion of goldenrod
In case of gastritis, prostatitis, adenoma, uraturia, chronic kidney diseases, traditional healers recommend using cold herb infusion. It is prepared according to the following recipe:
- Two small spoons of dried flowers are poured with a glass of boiled, but cooled grass.
- The container is closed with a lid, and the mixture is infused for 4 hours.
Strained cold broth drink before meals no more than 50 ml at a time. The course of treatment and the dosage of the drug is selected individually by the attending physician.
The composition of the grass of the goldenrod ordinary (life-giving grass, spool, golden rod, golden grass, scrofula, golden heart, redberry, cedar, core, mother of bread, life-giving grass) includes the following biologically active substances:
- organic acids (quinic, etc.),
- saponins (virgaursaponiny),
- phenol carboxylic acids and their derivatives (caffeic, chlorogenic, hydroxycinnamic),
- phenolic and polyacetylene compounds
- coumarins (esculin, esculetin),
- flavonoids (narcissin, isorhamnetin, rutin, quercitrin, quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, kaempferol).
Other substances contained in the golden rod:
- inflorescences: carbohydrates and related compounds (polysaccharides, including arabinose, galactose, xylose, glucose, rhamnose),
- fruits: fatty oil.
The plant is used in traditional medicine, as well as in homeopathy. Pharmacy name - Solidaginis herba (grass of the golden whip).
For the purpose of treatment, leafy upper parts of stems with inflorescences are used, the harvesting of which occurs during flowering. The herb has a slightly aromatic odor and a spicy, bitter-astringent taste.
Goldenrod has a pronounced diuretic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect. Due to these properties, the plant is widely used in the treatment of chronic diseases of the bladder and kidneys, especially often with urolithiasis, urinary disorders in the elderly (urinary retention / involuntary urination), albuminuria, hematuria, prostatic hypertrophy.
As a result of experimental studies of the plant flavonoid complex, its pronounced diuretic and hypoazotemic properties were revealed. The decoction of the goldenrod does not have stone-dissolving properties, but increases the secretory-excretory function of the kidneys, affects the acid-base balance and water-salt metabolism. At the same time, an increase in phosphaturia and an increase in urine pH are observed, while oxalaturia and uraturia are reduced / eliminated. Thus, the goldenrod can be prescribed in pi therapy and prophylactically for oxalate and urate kidney stones.
In the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia, grass of the golden rod is included as an antiseptic and diaphoretic. In Germany, the plant is widely used in the treatment of inflammatory urological diseases, in combination with other plants - for diseases of the veins.
In folk medicine, water preparations (decoctions / infusions) from the aerial parts of the plant are used as an astringent, diuretic, expectorant, diaphoretic, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, wound-healing agent in the treatment of various diseases, including diabetes, pulmonary tuberculosis, acute respiratory diseases, rheumatism , gout, arthritis, diarrhea, enteritis, colitis, menorrhagia, leucorrhea, prostate hypertrophy, acute laryngitis, sore throat, eczema, diseases of the bladder and kidneys, ascites, bile Petrified disease, bronchial asthma. Goldenrod extract is recommended for brain edema. In Belarus, the plant is used for skin tuberculosis, in the Caucasus, in Siberia and Komi - for scrofula. In the Caucasus, alcohol tincture from the underground part of the plant is also used as a wound healing agent.
Inflorescences of the golden rod as a powder are used in traditional medicine as a wound healing agent. In Komi and Siberia, they are prescribed (as a decoction) for hepatitis and ulcerative cystitis, in Moldova and Belarus (externally mixed with cream, butter or pork fat) for rheumatism, skin tuberculosis, burns, dermatitis, and white hair.
In combination with other plants, the goldenrod is used for impotence, prostate adenoma, chronic prostatitis, and frequent pollutions, and externally for eczema and acute laryngitis.
Infusions from the golden rod in the traditional medicine of Bulgaria are prescribed as a remedy for chronic kidney diseases, including inflammatory processes, stones and sand in the kidneys, albumin in the urine, as a diuretic remedy for rheumatism, disorders of uric acid metabolism, edema and gout. Fresh leaves gruel is used externally for the treatment of purulent wounds and boils. For the same purpose, dry leaf powder mixed with low water quality can be used.
Goldenrod seeds in Chinese traditional medicine are used for blood thinning and swelling of the intestine. Also, seeds are used for cholera, wounds, diarrhea, menstrual disorders.
In Tibet, the above-ground part of the goldenrod is used in the treatment of neurasthenia and jaundice.
Golden rod is a part of various complex medicines - Antiprosten, Prostaforton, Inkonturin, Prostamed, Prostanorm, Fitolysin, Saburgen and others.
The essence of inflorescences in homeopathy is used for the treatment of nephritis, asthma, arthritis, diathesis, skin diseases.
- acute / chronic glomerulonephritis,
- individual intolerance to the biologically active substances that make up the plant.
It is necessary to take into account that the goldenrod contains toxic substances, therefore it is necessary to strictly observe the prescribed dosage of its preparations.
Homemade Medications of Goldenrod
- Infusion (general recipe): 1 tbsp. l raw materials for 500 ml of boiling water, infusion time - overnight in a thermos, method of application - 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals for 2/3 cup,
- infusion (therapy of gastritis, stomach pain, urolithiasis, prostate adenoma): 1 tbsp. l raw materials for 200 ml of cooled boiled water, time of infusion - 4 hours, method of application - 3-4 times a day before meals, 1/4 cup,
- decoction (jade therapy, for dissolving stones in the bladder and kidneys): 2 tbsp. l raw materials for 500 ml of water, method of preparation - boil for 10 minutes over low heat, then infuse for 1 hour, method of application - 4 times a day 30 minutes before meals, 100 ml,
- decoction (treatment of sore throat, sore throats, bleeding gums, used for rinsing, has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties, helps reduce sputum formation): 3 tbsp. l raw materials for 200 ml of boiling water, method of preparation - heat in a water bath for 20 minutes, cool for 10 minutes, method of application - rinse with warm broth 3 times a day after meals for 1/2 cup,
- tincture (external treatment of fractures, skin diseases, purulent ulcers): 6 tbsp. l raw materials for 0.5 liters of vodka, method of preparation - insist, daily shaking, for 30 days in a dark place: method of application - in the form of lotions.
Education: First Moscow State Medical University named after I.М. Sechenov, specialty "General Medicine".
Information about the drug is generalized, is provided for informational purposes and does not replace the official instructions. Self-treatment is dangerous to health!
The weight of the human brain is about 2% of the entire body mass, but it consumes about 20% of the oxygen entering the blood. This fact makes the human brain extremely susceptible to damage caused by lack of oxygen.
According to many scientists, vitamin complexes are practically useless for humans.
In 5% of patients, antidepressant Clomipramine causes orgasm.
The average life expectancy of left-handers is less than right-handers.
Scientists from the University of Oxford conducted a series of studies in which they concluded that vegetarianism can be harmful to the human brain, as it leads to a decrease in its mass. Therefore, scientists recommend not to exclude fish and meat from their diet.
74-year-old Australian resident James Harrison has become a blood donor about 1000 times. He has a rare blood group whose antibodies help newborns with severe anemia survive. Thus, the Australian saved about two million children.
In the UK, there is a law according to which a surgeon may refuse to perform an operation on a patient if he smokes or is overweight. A person should give up bad habits, and then, perhaps, he will not need surgery.
Dentists appeared relatively recently. As early as the 19th century, it was the responsibility of an ordinary barber to pull out sore teeth.
Everyone has not only unique fingerprints, but also a tongue.
The first vibrator was invented in the 19th century. He worked on a steam engine and was intended to treat female hysteria.
American scientists conducted experiments on mice and came to the conclusion that watermelon juice prevents the development of atherosclerosis. One group of mice drank plain water, and the second - watermelon juice. As a result, the vessels of the second group were free from cholesterol plaques.
The highest body temperature was recorded in Willie Jones (USA), who was admitted to hospital with a temperature of 46.5 ° C.
The well-known drug "Viagra" was originally developed for the treatment of arterial hypertension.
The liver is the heaviest organ in our body. Its average weight is 1.5 kg.
An educated person is less susceptible to brain diseases. Intellectual activity contributes to the formation of additional tissue, compensating for the diseased.
Modern Israeli clinic Assuta in Tel Aviv - a private medical center, which is known throughout the world. It is here that the best doctors work with world names.
Preparation of tincture
The tincture is prepared in the following proportions - half a liter of vodka is used per hundred grams of dried goldenrod. This mixture is tightly twisted and placed in a dark shelter. The product can be used in about a month. Drink fifteen grams mixed with water. The medicinal properties of goldenrod in tinctures are as follows:
- helps with impaired blood circulation,
- contributes to the rapid healing of fractures, as well as facilitates the general condition in case of joint diseases,
- treatment of external skin pathologies is recommended,
- improves health with diarrhea.
Пару столовых ложек цветков золотарника смешиваются со стаканом чистой воды и настаиваются около пяти часов в темном прохладном месте. Есть два варианта приготовления настоя – это применение воды комнатной температуры или кипятка.
Medicinal properties of goldenrod in the infusion without boiling:
- restores the proper functioning of the stomach and intestines,
- normalizes the kidneys,
- treats gout,
- copes with male deviations - prostatitis and adenoma.
The effect on the body in the second case:
- aims to eliminate dental diseases,
- relieves sore throat.
Making honey from goldenrod
The direct preparation of honey from the goldenrod, just like any other honey, takes place using the activity of bees. They are not against eating the nectar of this plant, so getting the right product is not difficult.
Action on the body external use of this drug:
- local compresses are applied to get rid of skin diseases,
- removes excess puffiness.
Action on the body for internal use:
- indicated for angina,
- copes with sinusitis
- eliminates a runny nose, even chronic
- recommended for meningitis
- Allergy sufferers and people with inflammation of the stomach or intestines should not be consumed.
Goldenrod: landing and care
Goldenrod does not cause much difficulty in growing. However, it has its own characteristics concerning planting, further germination and reproduction:
- this culture easily takes root in the area filled with light rays,
- loves loose soil, full of fertility, although it can grow on depleted lands,
- sow it in late spring or closer to summer at a steady temperature above twenty degrees of heat,
- three weeks after planting, you can find small sprouts, but full-fledged inflorescences can only be obtained in a year,
- adult plants are able to reproduce on their own, without human help,
- if the seedlings are planted, then special attention is paid to its quality, the goldenrod must be provided with a strong branched stem with large, clean leaves,
- artificial breeding of the bush is another method of reproduction (in this case, the new plant will have all the properties that were given maternal, this procedure is carried out in spring or autumn),
- cuttings are also used in breeding goldenrod (they cut off either root shoots or young tops and root them in a pot filled with a mixture of sand and peat).
The medicinal properties and the use of the goldenrod are very wide, and the plant does not require special care, as it is completely undemanding. But in order for this plant to grow and bloom in time, to have a healthy appearance, it is worth making some efforts:
- if the weather is dry, the culture needs to be watered from time to time,
- tall stems are tied to a support so that they do not break,
- so that the goldenrod does not seize the whole land plot, after withering all the inflorescences are immediately removed, until the seeds have ripened and spread,
- additional fertilization is not required, it is good if the soil is fertile by itself,
- cutting the stems by a few centimeters helps fight frost,
- if the leaves showed traces of powdery mildew, the treatment with decoction of horsetail will help to overcome this disease.
Goldenrod will not only help to heal many ailments, but also will be a wonderful decoration of the garden, you only need to monitor its growth and carry out simple care activities.
Harvesting and storage of goldenrod
As a medicinal raw material in the goldenrod, inflorescence baskets are used. Harvesting is carried out when the plant blooms, that is, at the beginning of summer. The flowers are collected, washed, then dried, tying into bundles. The plant can be used both fresh and dry. The goldenrod is dried, either in a suspended state or laid out on a pallet in a darkened place, with good ventilation, so as to prevent direct sunlight from entering the plant or in furnaces at a temperature of not more than +40 C. Store the raw material in dense cloth or paper bags.
Composition and therapeutic properties of goldenrod
- The flowers of goldenrod contain a large number of alkaloids, flavonoids, essential oils, tannins, resins, some types of acids (chlorogenic and coffee). The flowers are bitter.
- With the help of goldenrod, many diseases can be cured, and the course of some diseases can be alleviated, as the plant has a positive effect on human organs.
- The plant showed itself well in the treatment of dermatosis, various skin diseases, urinary incontinence, kidney disease, liver, edema, dropsy.
- Goldenrod cleans the blood, improves metabolic processes in the body.
- The flowers of the plant have anti-inflammatory, wound healing and bactericidal properties, they are used to treat burns, various wounds and ulcers.
- It has an excellent effect on the gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular and nervous systems. It is used to treat cholelithiasis, peptic ulcer and kidney stones.
The use of goldenrod in traditional medicine
Goldenrod is used to treat various diseases. From it prepare infusions, decoctions, brew tea. For successful treatment of kidneys and liver it is good to use honey from goldenrod. It can be mixed with black currant berries and taken on an empty stomach one tablespoon. In honey, well add lemon juice.
Goldenrod tea to boost immunity and for pneumonia
Dry flowers of goldenrod are added to make vitamin and medicinal teas. 1 teaspoon color brew in a thermos 250 ml of boiling water. Insist half an hour. Drink during the day between meals. It is very useful to give as a drink for inflammation of the lungs. Do not exceed the dose. You can add any jam, syrup, honey.
Goldenrod oil for skin diseases
It is possible to lubricate the skin areas damaged by psoriasis and eczema with medicinal oil prepared on the basis of the grass golden rod. To make it you will need to mix:
- powdered dried flowers (a few tablespoons),
- olive or sea buckthorn oil.
The oil is used to treat small skin lesions, applying it once or twice a day for 15 minutes. It is not recommended to use the mixture for extensive inflammations and lesions, as its use will not provide the proper therapeutic effect and may provoke irritation and suppuration of the damaged areas.
To get rid of a cold, you can use the infusion of goldenrod, prepared according to the following recipe:
- pour boiling water (250 g) dried and chopped grass stalks (25 g),
- Cap the lid and infuse the mixture for 10 minutes,
Drink infusion is recommended for 2 tbsp. spoons 4 times a day.
Many skin problems can be solved by taking baths from the grass of the golden rod. Recipe:
- boil for 10 minutes in 10 liters of water 50 g of harvested raw goldenrod,
- leave to infuse for 2 hours,
- strain and add to bath.
Healing bath of goldenrod take no more than half an hour. Can be used to treat various skin rashes, psoriasis and eczema.
Ulcers, purulent wounds, boils will help to cure the fresh leaves of goldenrod, which you must first wash, chop and then attach to the problem areas on the skin.
The goldenrod is the highest native of North America. You can find it in the desert areas, in the prairies among the high grassy thickets, forest glades and wet meadows, as well as on the roadside. And despite the fact that the plants belonging to this species, for the most part grow in wooded areas, they are intolerant to shady areas.
You can learn the highest goldenrod by pubescent straight stems and solid simple foliage. The height of the stem can reach 1.8 m. The inflorescences are colored lemon-yellow, have the form of baskets, which consist of small (about 2-3 mm) flowers, gathered in tassels. The length of one such inflorescence is about 35 cm. The flowering period is in August and lasts about a month and a half.
The goldenrod hybrid is a species that unites a rather large part of the hybrid varieties. And the main among them is the Canadian goldenrod, whose birthplace is also considered to be North America.
The Canadian goldenrod is a herbaceous perennial plant, the stem of which can reach 2 m in height. It is not completely pubescent, but only 2/3, the lower part at the base is bare. The leaves are green, oblong-lanceolate. Numerous baskets are collected in panicles, their dimensions are about 35 cm.
Homeland daurskogo goldenrod is Siberia. It is possible to find a plant of this species in meadows and in forests, as well as on stony slopes and pebbles.
In height, this plant barely reaches 1 m. Its stem is simple, strong, only inflorescence is branched. Stem leaves have short petioles; those located in the basal area have long petioles. The leaf plate can be oblong, lanceolate or ovoid.
Goldenrod wrinkled is another North American. You can find it in the marshland, in the bog, among the wet meadows and on the roadsides.
In the wrinkled goldenrod, the stem is smooth and straight, its height is about 2 m. The shoots are reddish-brown in color, the rhizome is creeping. The leaves are oblong-oval, at the edges there are cloves. The leaves are located all over the stem, with the exception of the root area.
The goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea), or the golden branch, or the golden rod, is an herbaceous perennial plant whose height can range from 0.3 to 1 m. Rhizome pivotal, woody and short. The leaves are pointed, ovate or oval, toothed at the edges, located in the lower part of the stem - on the petioles, in the central part and at the top - sessile and smaller. Inflorescences are paniculate or racemes, each with several baskets consisting of small bright yellow flowers.
The flowering period of the goldenrod ordinary begins in July and lasts until September, after which fruits appear in the form of seedlings with a tufted on the tops of the stems. The fruit has a cylindrical shape, ribbed. Fruit formation ends in October.
The golden rod grows in European countries, in Central Asia, Scandinavia, the Mediterranean, as well as in the Caucasus and in the western part of Siberia. It is found in the European part of Russia.
Goldenrod is famous for its beneficial properties. As the medicinal raw material, its aboveground part is used: more often the upper parts of the stems, leaves and inflorescences, less often - rhizomes.
Good to know! Harvest grass during flowering plants - from July to September, the rhizomes are harvested exclusively in the fall. Dried, collected in bunches and hanging in the shade or in a draft. The raw material ready for use has a bitter taste and a pronounced spicy aroma.
To date, the medicinal properties of the goldenrod are not fully understood, but still quite a few have been established. And contributed to this information regarding the chemical composition of this plant.
- flavonoids - rutin, camperol, quercetin, etc.,
- acids - organic, ascorbic, nicotinic, phenolcarboxylic,
- essential oils,
- traces of alkaloids
The roots of this plant are composed of inulin, fruits - fatty oils, inflorescences - galactose, arabinose, glucose, xylose and carbohydrates.
Positive effect on the body
The golden rod, with proper use, can be of great benefit. Among the properties of this herb:
- wound healing
- pain reliever
Thus, the use of goldenrod may be quite justified in the treatment of various diseases. So, this herb helps clear the lungs of sputum and thus relieve an attack of cough in bronchitis. With the help of drugs of this plant, you can also significantly alleviate the condition in asthma and contribute to the speedy recovery for pulmonary tuberculosis.
On a note! Preparations of the goldenrod ordinary so well cope with the removal of excess fluid from the body that often the indications for their use are such complex states as swelling of internal organs and even the brain!
Goldenrod can be very useful in diabetes. It improves the course of metabolic processes and contributes to the normalization of blood glucose levels. Moreover, this property of his can be used not only in diabetes, but simply when sugar is hanging.
The curative properties of the goldenrod become common in digestive disorders. Due to its astringent action, herbal preparations quickly stop diarrhea, and this causes the removal of the cause that caused the problem. As a result, the pathogens die, and overall well-being improves markedly.
The grass of the golden rod has found quite wide application as a wound healing agent. With its help, you can prevent the risk of infection of the damaged area and speed up the regeneration of the skin. In addition, her preparations do an excellent job even with purulent wounds and ulcers - they quickly cleanse, remove purulent masses and tighten the wound. Dermatological problems such as psoriasis and eczema, as well as furunculosis can be direct indications in this case.
On a note! In the latter case, the leaves of goldenrod are usually used - they are soaked in clean water and applied to the affected area for a while!
The goldenrod shows quite good results in the treatment of respiratory infections, herpes and flu. It helps to reduce the intensity of symptoms, relieves angina, laryngitis and stomatitis. At reception of means on the basis of the given plant noticeably quickly improves the general condition, appetite is normalized and the metabolism is stimulated.
Use in traditional medicine. Recipes
In various cases, the grass of the golden rod will have different uses. For example, it is taken orally in the form of tea, tincture or decoction, it is also possible to use the extract. As for external therapy, compresses and lotions will be needed here.
- From edema, dropsy, pyelonephritis, pulmonary tuberculosis, asthma. In this case, use the infusion of herbs, which is prepared according to the following recipe: 2 tablespoons of dried raw materials must be poured with two cups of boiling water and left for 3-4 hours. After this time the tool is filtered. Take ready infusion 50 ml three times a day before meals.
On a note! This infusion can also be used to rinse to treat sore throats and stomatitis!
Golden rod - its medicinal properties
This unique plant has wound healing, antispasmodic, expectorant, diaphoretic, immunostimulating, choleretic properties, and also effectively fights against influenza viruses and herpes. Even in ancient civilizations, it treated jaundice, scrofula, burns of varying degrees, dermatitis and cutaneous tuberculosis. But the main area of treatment is urinary system, liver and gallbladder disease.
Золотарник, благодаря своему мочегонному действию, широко применяется при таких хронических заболеваниях почек, как нефрит, пиелонефрит, хорошо помогает при цистите и мочекаменной болезни. Ведь наряду с мочегонными свойствами, он отличный антисептик, имеет противовоспалительные и камнерастворяющие свойства.
Applying the goldenrod with renal stone disease, an improvement of the secretory-excretory function of the kidneys is observed, which regulates the water-salt metabolism. At the same time acidity of urine decreases and phosphate salts are intensively excreted. The amount of uric acid salts (uraturia) and calcium oxalate (oxalaturia) in the urine also decreases markedly. Therefore, for the prevention and treatment of oxalate and urate kidney stones, doctors prescribe medications based on goldenrod.
It can also help older people with involuntary urination or, conversely, with urinary retention, cholecystitis, hemorrhoids, jaundice, prostate adenoma, prostatitis, hematuria, albuminuria and other diseases.
This herb will help well while loosening capillary walls, metabolic disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, diarrhea, bronchial asthma and even bone fractures.
Also, the golden rod is used in the form of lotions and washing of wounds and ulcers, as well as drains for their speedy healing. Stripping their throats can be cured of stomatitis, sore throats and gingivitis, prevent inflammation and bleeding of the gums, and is also an excellent means to eliminate unpleasant smell from the mouth.