And that means, we will be preparing for winter again.
But, in fact, there is some truth in my joke
I want to tell you how I plan to harvest greens for the winter this summer.
Freeze, dry, pickle, harvest in brine, all have long been able to.
I have something new for you today! Namely - very unusual and interesting ways of harvesting greenery for the winter!
From this article you will learn:
How to prepare spicy herbs in oil for the winter?
- Greens in emerald oil
Keep the herbs in the oil - it is very convenient!
This method of storage has been popular for quite a long time and is the favorite way of harvesting greenery over the winter from Italian housewives.
We get "2 in 1" - and greens, and aromatic oil, which can be used anywhere: in salads, and in other dishes.
It is just perfect for absolutely all vegetable dishes, for meat, mushroom, fish and dishes from various cereals as a dressing (buckwheat, rice, yachka, barley, etc.).
Super-tasty to fill with such butter pasta dishes.
What is needed for this method of harvesting greens:
- oil (can be olive, can be made according to the "classic" - with sunflower),
- greens (absolutely any you like)
- You can prepare some kind of greenery. And you can make a "green assorted" of several types of herbs, you decide.
- Greens thoroughly rinse, thoroughly DISCUSS. grind. It is very important that the green was dry, without drops of water.
- Transfer the greens into clean, prepared and dry jars, filling them up to the “coat hanger” and pour oil on top. It is better to take small jars, as from under children's mashed potatoes.
- It is very important to ensure that the oil is glass to the bottom of the jar and all the greens are immersed in the oil, so you need to gently stir the green mixture and allow the oil to drain to the bottom.
- Another option is to fold the prepared greens into a bowl, add oil and mix thoroughly. And then decompose, slightly pritrambovyvaya, it in the banks. Top, if there is a need, you can add oil.
- The oil level should be slightly higher than green, about 1 cm.
- Banks close tightly with lids and refrigerate in the bottom shelf.
Greens harvested in this way, if done correctly, can be perfectly preserved for 2 to 3 months.
If in greens or a jar, moisture will be observed, the greens sour or covered with mold.
And one more thing, real olive oil in the refrigerator usually freezes, therefore, before eating greens in olive oil, it must be removed from the refrigerator and allowed to thaw.
Pickled greens for the winter - recipe
Imagine in the winter you have salads and soups seasoned with pickled leaves of plantain and nettle, dill and parsley, wild garlic, basil and garlic ☺
Pickled greens are so tasty, and most importantly, infinitely useful.
You can sour not only garden greens, but also wild plants. You can use Snyt, nettle, hogweed, mallow, wild (horse sorrel), quinoa.
Greens harvested in this way retain their vitamins and beneficial properties, it is tender and very tasty!
Such preparation can be boiled with potatoes, and with porridge, and just spread on bread. And cooking is easy.
The easiest and most convenient way:
- We will need herbs and salt.
- On one kilogram of greens - 30 grams of salt.
- Greens must be thoroughly washed, let the water drain and pour boiling water on them for just an instant (scald). Sorrel is not necessary to boil, put it as it is.
- Again, give the water a good drain and start laying greens. You can use for this purpose absolutely any convenient container (barrel, tub, basin, jar, bowl, etc.).
- Add salt to the bottom of the tank. Put a layer of greenery. Sprinkle with salt again. And so on, until you put all the greens, sprinkling it in layers with salt.
- Each layer of greens must be tamped before extracting juice from the grass. Cover the filled container with gauze and put a circle (weight) on top. It is possible to use a large flat plate and a jar filled with water for this purpose.
- Brine should rise above the level of the circle.
- Keep cold and use as needed.
Pesto sauce for the winter - a very tasty recipe
And now - a recipe that will appeal to absolutely everyone.
Did you know that everyone's favorite pesto sauce can be harvested for future use? Not? Ooh, then I have great news for you!
How to prepare for the winter pesto sauce:
- We will need tomatoes (you can take both fresh and dried, dried), greens, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
- If you stick to the traditional recipe, it is better to take dried tomatoes. Especially because it's very easy to cook them!
- If you decide to still use fresh tomatoes, then use in that case sufficiently strong and elastic.
- As the greenery is used on the "classic" basil. But this is not important! You can use arugula (just perfect PERFECT here!), And other fragrant greens that you like. Can be made with different types of greenery.
- Instead of pine nuts, you can use walnuts - it turns out great!
Experiment, in this process the main thing is YOU and Your Desire!
The proportions are as follows: for every three or four fresh tomatoes of medium size (half-cup dried) you need to take:
- three glasses of fresh basil,
- three large cloves of garlic,
- half a cup of grated cheese (parmesan is better, but another one will do as well, only it should be very hard, this is important!),
- half a cup of pine nuts,
- half a cup of olive oil,
- ground black pepper to your taste.
- If you are using salted Parmesan cheese or another rather salty cheese, then you do not need to salt!
- basil (or other greens), garlic and tomatoes, wash and dry.
- We put prepared greens, tomatoes, garlic, grated cheese and pine nuts (walnuts) into the bowl of the blender.
- Fill with oil, add black ground pepper and grind everything very, very carefully.
- Everything is laid out on the cleanest sterilized banks, we cork and
- put in the fridge.
This sauce is beautifully stored in the refrigerator for several months!
But I do not think that he will “hold out” such a period of time ... So delicious, fragrant, savory, unusual, interesting! ... mmm ... ☺
And that's all for today, friends!
You may also be interested in these articles:
And how do you unusually harvested greens for the winter? I will be glad, your proven recipes
With you was Alena Yasneva, cook with pleasure, share the article with others and bye-bye!
JOIN MY GROUPS IN SOCIAL NETWORKS
The simplest options for harvesting greens
To freeze grassy crops is easier than ever. If there is a fridge-freezer on the farm, the process is not difficult:
- collect healthy, not spoiled greens,
- wash up
- dry up
- send to the camera, and after freezing, pour in a bag and tie.
More greens can be dried. This is also easy. Crumble and leave it right on the cutting board. After a few days of staying in a room without sunlight, the herbs will turn into spice, which can be poured into a jar and tightly closed with a lid.
However, many housewives refuse to dry or freeze for the sake of other ways of harvesting greens. The reason - amazing flavor combinations in these recipes. For example, as in the case of green platter in oil:
- wash and dry any spicy herbs from the drops,
- grind with a knife or blender,
- put the mass in clean and dry jars (do not tamp!),
- Fans can add a little red pepper or 2-3 garlic cloves,
- completely fill the contents with vegetable oil,
- gently mix the workpiece
- close with a tight lid and refrigerate at the level with the lowest temperature.
The billet will be stored for up to 3 months if you do not eat it earlier. Therefore, drying is especially important in the cooking process. Drops of moisture will provoke spoilage seasoning. Use small jars - up to 0.3 l.
Council For this preparation sometimes use sunflower or olive oil. In the second case, the seasoning may freeze. Before use, you will have to take the jar out of the cold in advance and allow it to thaw.
How to ferment greens for the winter
Pickled greens - a dish with a century of history. As a main ingredient you can use basil, dill, garlic, parsley. The original move is also to use wild crops: nettle, plantain, quinoa or mallow, as well as horse sorrel, hogweed. The recipe allows you to save all the useful elements and give the herbs a delicate flavor.
Prepare seasoning as follows:
- Stock up on basic ingredients at the rate of 30 g of salt per 1 kg of greens.
- Rinse and allow water to drain.
- Put the plants in a colander and pour boiling water over it. Sorrel is not necessary to boil.
- Again, lay the grass on a towel for drying. In the meantime, prepare the container for fermentation: enamelled bucket, pan, wooden tub or barrel, etc. Wash the container with soda and dry.
- Pour an even layer of salt on the bottom of the pot. Put a layer of green on top of it and sprinkle it with salt. So lay the whole herbal mixture. Green layers should be slightly minded so that they let the juice.
- After filling the dishes cover the mass with gauze folded in half. On it, place a clean round object about the diameter of approximately the width of the tank. Press down the whole “sandwich” with a load.
If done correctly, the pickle will rise just above the circle. Keep the workpiece cold. Salted greens can be put in porridge or potato dishes. She even just smeared bread.
Other recipes harvest greens
Hostesses especially appreciate pickled garden herbs. To make this seasoning you will need:
- greens - 1 kg,
- drinking water - 0.8 l,
- Table vinegar 9% - 200 ml,
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l.,
- pure salt - 1 tbsp. l
- 1 liter cans - 2 pcs.
- Prepare greens, tamp in sterile jars.
- Mix in water, salt, sugar. Bring to a boil and pour vinegar before turning it off.
- Pour the stock with freshly boiled marinade. Roll up and wrap. After 2-3 days, the banks can be sent to the pantry.
- Prepare the raw material. Grass should be green, clean and dry.
- Grind and mix the resulting mixture with salt.
- Spread the greens in jars (capacity 0.2-0.45 liters). Close capron lids tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator, but not in the coldest zone, not longer than 9 months.
You can add seasoning spice. To do this, mix the salt with a few garlic cloves. Greens with salt do not need to connect. Just lay them in tare. And at the top should be salt with garlic. Cover with a lid, and after about a day, put the seasoning in the fridge.
Another original, proven by many housewives, method of freezing dill is in ice cakes. To do this, finely chop the raw material and put it tightly in the form. Fill it with water and send it to the freezer. After 1-2 days, remove the mold, remove the icy sticks and fold them into a separate sealed bag. When you need dill, just take one cube and throw it in a soup or other dish. The beauty of any green stuff is that they retain the unique "summer" taste of the ingredients.
Green Onion Salting Recipe
Green onions, along with the white part thoroughly washed, dried and cut into pieces. Layers lay it in a sterile jar, generously pouring salt over 1.5-2 cm of onion. Crush it with a wooden stick before extracting the juice (the last layer should be salt). Then close the jar tightly and store in the refrigerator.
The second method is marinating. Marinate herbs can be in vinegar or table wine. To do this, freshly harvested herbs are finely cut or passed through a meat grinder. Then they are folded into sterilized glass jars and poured with oil, vinegar or table wine. The fluid level should be 1-2 cm above the grass.
Celery Pickle Recipe
Healthy and fresh celery leaves, rinse and dry. At the bottom of a sterilized jar, place 2-3 cloves of garlic and 2 bay leaves, and place celery leaves on top. Mix 1 liter of water with 1 cup of vinegar 9%, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of salt and bring to a boil. Celery pour boiling marinade and sterilize the jars in boiling water for 20-25 minutes. Then caulk them and let cool.
We told you in our article all the ways of preparing greens for future use. It remains only to choose the option for the soul and go to collect greens.