The forefathers of the Kirovograd pigeons became Nikolaev. Birds are distinguished by their beskruzny flight. They do not make circular movements around the dovecote, immediately go up vertically. Among the Kirovograd pigeons there may be end faces, but most often the birds at the rise quickly flap their wings, reminding the flight of a butterfly. Among individuals of the Nikolaev breed, face ones are more common. Kirovograd and homing do not differ, the ability to return to the dovecote from a considerable distance from it. With strong winds, pigeons can get lost. It is necessary to take into account the weather conditions before releasing birds into the air.
The suit of the Kirovograd pigeons can be any, but black with a rusty shade dominates. There is a rusty white color. It is also called redhead. From parents with a hint of plumage chicks appear with a red feather. After the first molt, the plumage may change to cherry or black and gray. Sometimes from red-haired parents get chicks with a beautiful, rich, yellow color. After shedding, the feather color can be shawl: the head, upper back, chest are painted red or yellow, the rest of the body is covered with rusty feathers:
- small birds. According to the standard body length is 30-32 cm. Plumage is dense, medium hardness. Individuals with greater body length have a loose plumage, which negatively affects flight performance. It is noted that large-sized pigeons produce more viable offspring,
- the head of a small bird with a slightly prominent frontal part. The back of the head is gently sloping, smoothly passing into the neck. Often there are white-eyed individuals
- beak medium length or short. In dark birds it is gray. In individuals with light plumage the shade is lighter,
- neck thickened, not long. The back is wide, with a tail forms a straight line,
- chest issued forward. In the center is a characteristic depression,
Kirovograd face pigeons
- the wings are tightly pressed to the body. Gather on the tail. The tail is 1.5 cm longer than the wings. According to the standard, it has 16 steering feathers. The heyday they may differ from the shade of the main plumage. In rusty and dark pigeons feathers on the tail are wide, white in color,
- Kirovograd pigeons belong to the late maturing breed. Puberty in them comes in 7-8 months,
- in the marriage period, they are looking for a couple, but for breeding, pairs are created artificially. Parents are selected for the color of their feathers, for their flight characteristics,
- for the construction of the nest birds need to provide hay. The nest looks careless. Many golubevody prefer to organize their own nest for laying,
- the female lays 2-3 eggs. The incubation period is longer, unlike other breeds of pigeons. Its duration is 20-22 days. Proklev begins at 18-19 days.
Females of Kirovograd pigeons do not differ assiduity. They make bad hens. Golubovodu need to be ready for this. Incubators are purchased for egg ripening. Their ripening period is the same as when hatching in a nest.
Pigeons are active. Flight qualities are inherited. Vygon carried out daily, but if there is no precipitation and strong wind. In winter, pay attention to low temperatures. When the frost is below -15 ° C, pigeons are kept indoors, they do not train. The ability to fly at altitude, they will not lose. This characteristic is especially preferred for pigeon breeders. After the winter period, pigeons show high flight, they do not need recovery.
Watching the pigeons of this breed in flight is untold pleasure. All their movements are calm, smooth and graceful. When taking off and landing, they make a candle. Kirovograd pigeons move almost silently. Many pigeon breeders breed Kirovograd pigeons directly in order to observe the flight of birds. This manner of summer is inherent in not all even the most sophisticated breeds.